Are you participating in Twitter chats? Want to discover the best chats for social media marketing? Participating in Twitter chats is an excellent way to build a network, build authority and gain exposure for your business.
Recently, I participated in Twitter chats and as a result my knowledge and follower count increased. In these chats, many people are participating in the same industry and have the similar interests. I have gained lots of information into one-hour chats. I have discovered that they are a great way to build relationships with people in business circles.
What is Twitter chat?
Twitter chat is a great way to get people together at a pre-decided time to discuss a certain topic. They tend to use specific hashtags for each tweet contributed. A host or moderator will ask questions and participants will offer quick responses and encourage conversation among the group. The main purpose is to organize conversation and connect people.
Why do you need to participate in a Twitter chat?
Twitter chat helps you to connect with like-minded people, growing your following, getting valuable insight and find out what’s happening in your industry. Twitter chats provide an opportunity to grow your network and knowledge through shared interests. When you are participating in a Twitter chat, you need to make sure that you choose chats that are relevant to your business and led by intelligent marketers. Such marketers are exemplified by having thousands of followers and an established reputation.
In addition, whenever you participate in Twitter chat, you will likely get many followers and lots of exposure. This is called real-time engagement.
Follow the below tips to create successful Twitter chat:
- Answer the relevant questions in chat.
- Try to give 7 answers out of 10 questions every time you join Twitter chat.
- Do not forget to include chat hashtags before and after the chat to get your follower familiar and engaged on the topic.
- Make sure you follow each participant; they also follow back to you.
- Favorite other participants' tweets.
- Engage with people by re-tweeting other participants' tweets.
- Reply to anyone who belongs to your industry.
- Make a list of participants so you can track who participated and continue engaging with them, even after the chat ends.
Now let’s check out the list of 11 Twitter chats for social media marketer.
- Time & Host
- Thursday at 12 p.m.CST
Topic: Inbound marketing
- HubSpot is one of the great sources in the content-creation and content-marketing world #InboundHour includes all things inbound marketing. With a huge, knowledgeable and diverse community, #InboundHour is organized for content professionals, but is accessible to new content creators and bloggers looking to simplify their system and get the most out of their efforts. Also, here you will find the important tips, resources and insights.
- Thursday at 12 p.m.CST
Topic: Social media & Blogging
- ViralChat is a Twitter chat that includes content marketing, social media, video marketing and much more. The questions in this chat are thought provoking and obtain great responses from the community. This is recommended for content creators, social media, professionals and bloggers.
- Wednesday at 11 a.m. EST
Topic: SEO tips and practices
- SEMrush is an intelligence tool that allows you to uncover the most cost effective keywords for PPC ads and content topics. You will find huge variety of digital marketing topics in #semrushchat from analysis to content writing. SEMrush focuses on variety of digital marketing topics, and the crowd changes a bit depending on the topic. Due to the high volume of the participants, it is a great way to grow your network.
- Wednesday at 8 p.m. EST
Topics: Interviews with small business expert on issues related to running and growing a small business
- While you are not specifically on social media, then #SmallBizChat is great for learning social media or digital marketing for small business.
- Wednesday at 11 a.m. EST
- This is a great chat for all things branding and digital marketing. Marketing your brand has many benefits. If your main concern is about branding then #Brandchat if the chat you are looking for. If you join #Brandchat, you will get tips from people both inside and outside your industry. Perhaps you are interested in personal branding and managing your brand. If so, then you should join this chat.
- Wednesday at 1 p.m. EST
Topic: The evolution of Social Media and SM Marketing
- This chat is focused on mobility, customer service, marketing, social change and key social media trends. If you are interested in driving value from online interaction and collaboration, this chat is great for you. Here you will explore the dynamics of social and professional interaction, Twitter online communities and evolution of knowledge networks.
- Monday at 9 p.m. EST
Host: @Alan K’necht
Topic: Social media super tools
- SocialChat covers more channels, more kinds of content and more marketing issues for professionals. Each week, the industries' most forward-thinking social media marketers come together to discuss different social media topics.
- Monday at 8 p.m. EST
- The Social CMO's chat is also known as #MMchat, it gives lots of information from marketing firm executives. Getting information from some of the top people in the industry is a best way to develop an incredible strategy.
- Thursday at 1 p.m EST
Host: @Bruce Clay, Inc
Topic: Search engine optimization
- If you want to keep yourself on the top of the latest in SEO, join #SEOchat. In this chat, you will find SEO relevant topics and good insights from marketers. Also, here you can get lots of new tools, tips and ideas on SEO.
- Thursday at 12 p.m. PST
Topic: Social media strategies
- The Hootsuite community hosts Hootchat. If you want to expand your social media marketing strategy to get best result then this is chat is great for you. This is the busiest chat during the hour as it receives thousands of mentions from participants.
- Tuesday at 8 p.m. EST
Host: @Viveka von Rosen
Topic: LinkedIn tips & Practice
- LinkedIn is an excellent business network for making connections. LinkedIn chat also carries a lot of importance. If you have any question about how to use LinkedIn for marketing or self-promotion, it is the best platform for tips and practice. This is the busiest chat in our list for that hour as it receives thousands of mentions from participants.
So, tell us what is your favorite Twitter chat. Also, if we have not mentioned a popular chat that is your go-to, please share the details in the comment box. We would love to add it in this blog. Remember, the more everyone shares information and best practices, the stronger we all become. Thank you and good luck.