Every digital marketer needs to be on his toes as the SEO techniques keep on changing. You shouldn’t wonder if you are working on some SEO techniques and they just disappear after 4-5 months.
This is the reason SEO personnel needs to keep themselves updated about every single trend that is going viral on the field. And it's not just because Google is updating its algorithm constantly, it is also because people are also changing their search patterns.
You might be wondering:
“Why there is a need to invest in SEO strategies when there are so many platforms available for digital marketing”
The first thing that really matters is Search Engine Optimization is the biggest platform for digital marketing. It targets directly the relevant audience who are in the need of information, service or product.
Apart from that, you can have a look at these stats, which convinces a lot of the SEO strategies:
As an industry, SEO is huge. However, by the time passing, it is getting difficult every day. Every digital marketer is paying attention to every update of Google’s webmaster guidelines. There are three ways for that,
- First, it is important to make your website easy for Google to find your website and then crawl and index it.
- Following the Google acronym for content→ EAT. Expertise, Authoritative and Trustworthy.
- Linking your website to increase the reputation of your business or personal website.
Want to know the best part:
“In this post, I will give you a list of best 9 SEO strategies that will help you to build your business more effectively in 2018.”
So, let’s get started
1. Get Listed on SERP Quick Answers
There are many SEO specialists who believe that there is a chance that the CTR rates from the organic searches will be down drastically. There are chances where people want to get their answers right on the search pages.
Snippets are the first choice if you really want to cater your visitor’s such need. SEO Specialists like Eric Enge of Stone Temple Consulting, Andy Crestodina of0 Orbit Media Studios, A.J. Ghergich of Ghergich & Co and much other SEO specialists believes that building an SEO strategy around rich snippets will be mandatory to cater content right in the SERPs.
2. Optimizing For Voice Search
The way people use to search is changing as the mobile users are increasing. With the introduction of the smartphones, now voice search has become immensely common and being used voraciously.
This increases the use of long-tail phrases as keywords to scale the search visibility. The use of powerful words like best, nearest, cheapest etc is the best way to refine your SEO results more to match the user’s requirements.
There are many SEO specialists who believe that voice search is the next avatar of normal searches as it is always faster to say things than type. Apart from that, the usage of mobile devices while on the move make voice search more relevant than ever.
3. Adding Phrase “Near Me” for Local SEO
SEO is one of the major marketing tools for small businesses. They have target audience locally distributed.
Take an example here,
Suppose a company in Singapore sells promotional items in Singapore, then there is no point if they get traffic from other parts of the world. They need to target the local audience to get relevant business. The of-site result will be like high bounce rate of the website.
Why is that?
Because any traffic from other parts of the globe will find that result irrelevant for them and things will not be good for the local business.
So, optimizing your website for Local SEO is the best thing to get a maximum relevant audience so that the users experience the relevant content, product or services. This will reduce the bounce rate of the website which, in return, will get a boost to the SEO ranking of the website.
4. Engaging & In-Depth Content
“Content Is King!!!”.
How many times do you have heard this phrase? Probably a billion times. And yes, it is the fact that you will get more and more users if you cater them quality content.
Here’s the deal:
“The quality content is not just in the sense of information and grammar. The main concept here is that it must be engaging. No doubt that it also must be informative, yet just one element is not enough. You need to have images, GIFs, etc alongside with your written content. Passive contents were never being appreciated by the viewers.”
Engage your viewers with high-quality content and your website will always rank in the search engine result pages.
5. Developing Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) is the initiative of Google that helped websites to load faster on mobile devices. The use of mobile devices has increased dramatically as I said above as well.
Catering a web page, which supports the mobile devices, will give you a distinct advantage over your competitors. Google prefers to rank higher those websites which are using AMPs.
They are constantly working on making this concept of AMP perfect. Which is why, most of the SEO specialists like Eric Enge of Stone Temple Consulting, Aaron Wall of Seo Book, Phil Rozek of Local Visibility System and many other believe that AMP is worth chasing.
6. Create A Strategy For Effective Branding
Brand awareness is one of the key element that makes people buy from them. In the coming year, Effective branding will drive people from surfing internet to buy products and services. For effective branding, you can take help of Social Media Marketing to boost up your brand awareness campaigns.
Once you have a strong social media presence, you will have higher SEO rankings. This will be one of the major turnarounds for SEO in 2018.
7. Visual Search is the Next Level of Search
A visual search is deemed to be an exciting prospect of search queries. This combination of innovative technology and user experience has taken the searching to a whole new level.
With the successful launching of visual media websites such as Pinterest, Google images, and Bing Images, the trend of visual search has capitalized. Being said that, you can say that now things are pretty clear.
The trend is on the path of growth and it is expected to follow that up in 2018. Images always have a clear motive to entice the viewer. This is why it is expected to grow in the coming year.
In addition to that, as the competition is increasing on daily basis. Companies need to take a stand and visually aid their target audience to get the maximum results.
8. Improved & Smart AI
Google just updated its algorithm. Apart from that, there are loads of other updates that Google is currently working on to increase the user engagement.
They are using Rankbrain as an AI to update their algorithms. It is believed that the use of AI is going to increase in the coming days.
Machine learning is constantly focusing on the user interaction and catering more personalized experience.
So, in general, you can expect more updates to come in 2018. Google is highly determined to introduce an approach to ease the user experience with more innovation. You can expect to see a lot of them in the upcoming year.
9. Link Building is certainly not out of the picture yet
There are common rumors that the sooner or later link building is going to be out of the picture.
Is that really so?
No, these are just rumors. Link building will always remain an integral part of SEO process and will remain that way. So, if you are thinking to avoid linking in the coming year. I reckon you to reconsider. This can cost you a lot.
So, these are the SEO strategies that will work for your business in 2018. You want to get a hold on to them for the coming year to get higher rankings.
- Snippets are the first choice if you really want to cater your visitor’s such need.
- There are many SEO specialists who believe that voice search is the next avatar of normal searches as it is always faster to say things than type.
- Optimizing your website for Local SEO is the best thing to get a maximum relevant audience so that the users experience the relevant content, product or services.
- Engage your viewers with high-quality content and your website will always rank in the search engine result pages.
- Catering a web page which supports the mobile devices will give you a distinct advantage over your competitors. Google prefers to rank higher those websites which are using AMPs.
- Brand awareness is one of the key element that makes people buy from them. In the coming year, Effective branding will drive people from surfing internet to buy products and services.
- With the successful launching of visual media websites such as Pinterest, Google images, and Bing Images, the trend of visual search has capitalized.
- Machine learning is constantly focusing on the user interaction and catering more personalized experience. So, in general, you can expect more updates to come in 2018.
- Link building will always remain an integral part of SEO process and will remain that way.
I do hope that you like the post. Did I miss something? Tell me about it in the comments section below and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Till then, Adios!!!