SocialPilot is looking for an experienced technical leader to manage the core product and the engineering team. Our team uses a variety of web technologies to build highly scalable software that is used by over 100,000 users across the world.
In this role you will be enhancing user experiences by utilizing modern day software development practices and guiding engineers in their careers.You will be responsible for complete planning and delivery of projects that are related to product requirements.
- Must have worked at an IT Product Company (preferably SaaS)
- At Least 8+ years of experience in leading a software development team
- Must have a proven track record of building and mentoring high-end engineering teams and driving results at scale
- Must have managed a team of 10 or more software engineers/ developers
- Experience of working in Agile methodology at product companies (preferably SaaS)
- Project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track
- Must have Hands-on experience on ReactJS, NodeJS, AWS, MongoDB etc.
- Preferred skills include SDLC,Project Management, Agile Methodologies,Scrum,Jira, Six Sigma, Project Management, Release Management, Product Delivery
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert
- Manage all engineering activities including design, architecture, development, production, and testing
- Provide directions for designing technical strategy and roadmap; execute the strategy by creating success metrics
- Manage the software development team and assign tasks to optimize the overall productivity of the department
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering team members
- Resolve escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments
- Collect requirements from cross-functional teams like - Product/Support /Marketing/Engineering etc.
- Analyze requirements to understand the impact of the proposed requirement across the product and mobile apps
- Plan the sprint, assign tasks to the developers from within the sprint
- Define the Quality Assurance process and devise other processes to ensure zero downtime
- Coordinate with customer support, product and marketing teams for release planning
- Fix bugs and finalize the release plan; Ensure release of the feature as per plan
Interview process and prep notes
- Catch up with your future colleagues - get to know them and get to know SocialPilot
- Meet the founder(s) - ask them everything about the role as well as the future of SocialPilot
- Meet our advisors - ask them questions about the role, the founders and SocialPilot. Also, share feedback about your experience
For too long, too many SMBs and growing agencies have put up with underwhelming marketing software products that are “cheap” but painful to use, have too many frustrating features, and have severely delayed customer service and overall a very disappointing experience. And sure enough, as these agencies grow, they find themselves locked in annual contracts worth thousands of dollars for software products which they thought were “discounted”.
SocialPilot was created in 2014 to change this.
At SocialPilot, we believe that irrespective of the ticket size, SMBs and agencies deserve enterprise class software that creates joyful experiences in their day-to-day marketing work. We think that being price competitive does not mean cheap, and that just because an agency grows, does not mean that we should start charging them ridiculously. And yes, each and every customer’s business is equally important and deserves immediate attention including 24x5 chat, emails and phone calls.
As of today, over 5000 agencies and SMBs use SocialPilot to manage their social media publishing, analytics, and social engagement while collaborating with their team and their clients.
Our impact so far
- Helped 5000+ marketing agencies and SMBs
- 1 billion+ social media posts published
- One of the fastest growing SaaS companies in India as listed by Inc 42
- Ranked as a “Great Product” consistently by G2, Capterra, SoftwareSuggest, and TrustRadius
What we believe in
- Customer Obsession: We put customers first while making decisions and planning future goals
- Ownership: We believe in taking ownership of areas that we’re working on. We own up our - successes and failures. Moving the needle matters more than just busywork
- Relentless: When it comes to creation & innovation, we stop at nothing. We might fail at the first attempt, but we rise back fast to try again
- Nimbleness: We respond rapidly to changing circumstances and customer needs
- Collaboration : Our collaboration efforts extend to our partners and customers along with our internal team. We are stronger together
Why join us
- Work-life balance: 5-days work week to help you make the most of work and life
- Open door policy: Strong communication and transparency goes a long way in creating stress-free work places. Got a question? Just ask the right person without any bureaucracy
- Zen-like workspace: A modern, aesthetically pleasing workspace with an all-inclusive cafeteria and dedicated conference/meeting rooms
- Unwind: Catch up with your colleagues or your guests at our chic cafeteria for coffee or our catered lunches. Challenge your team at air hockey or perhaps catch the live cricket match while you’re at it
- Celebrate: From birthdays to festivals - we don’t miss any occasion to celebrate however small or big