SocialPilot is looking for an experienced Node.js Developer to join its engineering team. Our team uses a variety of web technologies, including React.js and Node.js to build highly scalable software that is used by over 100,000 users across the world.
You will have a proven track record of working in high-end engineering teams at a SaaS (software as a service) company.
- 1+ years of experience in working as a Node.js Developer
- Thorough knowledge of Node.js and frameworks such as Express, Koa, Socket.io and any ORM
- Experienced in test-driven development (TDD)
- Thorough knowledge of building REST APIs from scratch
- Proficient in building applications in a cloud environment with load balancers and SNS triggers, auto-scaling etc.
- Decent understanding of:
Nature of asynchronous programming - its quirks and workarounds
Accessibility and security compliance
Fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Code versioning tools such as Git
User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Thorough knowledge of front-end development using frameworks such as React or Angular
- Experience in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with functional programming concepts such as immutability, pure functions, functors etc. (preferably proficient in any functional language)
- Review the product and provide ideas for its improvement
- Write reusable, testable and efficient code
- Construct new Node.js features for the product
- Test and maintain the product’s quality thereby ensuring strong functionality
- Coordinate with graphic designers and fellow developers to maintain a seamless workflow
Interview Process & Prep Notes
1. Applying for this post
Please send your latest resume along with current compensation details.
2. Knowledge Assessment
You’ll get a call from us for a telephonic interview to discuss more about your technical knowledge and career roadmap.
3. Coding Assessment
You’ll get an assignment consisting of a small task to test your coding skills.
For too long, too many SMBs and growing agencies have put up with underwhelming marketing software products that are “cheap” but painful to use, have too many frustrating features, and have severely delayed customer service and overall a very disappointing experience. And sure enough, as these agencies grow, they find themselves locked in annual contracts worth thousands of dollars for software products which they thought were “discounted”.
SocialPilot was created in 2014 to change this.
At SocialPilot, we believe that irrespective of the ticket size, SMBs and agencies deserve enterprise class software that creates joyful experiences in their day-to-day marketing work. We think that being price competitive does not mean cheap, and that just because an agency grows, does not mean that we should start charging them ridiculously. And yes, each and every customer’s business is equally important and deserves immediate attention including 24x5 chat, emails and phone calls.
As of today, over 5000 agencies and SMBs use SocialPilot to manage their social media publishing, analytics, and social engagement while collaborating with their team and their clients.
Our impact so far
- Helped 5000+ marketing agencies and SMBs
- 1 billion+ social media posts published
- One of the fastest growing SaaS companies in India as listed by Inc 42
- Ranked as a “Great Product” consistently by G2, Capterra, SoftwareSuggest, and TrustRadius
What we believe in
- Customer Obsession: We put customers first while making decisions and planning future goals
- Ownership: We believe in taking ownership of areas that we’re working on. We own up our - successes and failures. Moving the needle matters more than just busywork
- Relentless: When it comes to creation & innovation, we stop at nothing. We might fail at the first attempt, but we rise back fast to try again
- Nimbleness: We respond rapidly to changing circumstances and customer needs
- Collaboration: Our collaboration efforts extend to our partners and customers along with our internal team. We are stronger together
Why join us
- Work-life balance: 5-days work week to help you make the most of work and life
- Open door policy: Strong communication and transparency goes a long way in creating stress-free work places. Got a question? Just ask the right person without any bureaucracy
- Zen-like workspace: A modern, aesthetically pleasing workspace with an all-inclusive cafeteria and dedicated conference/meeting rooms
- Unwind: Catch up with your colleagues or your guests at our chic cafeteria for coffee or our catered lunches. Challenge your team at air hockey or perhaps catch the live cricket match while you’re at it
- Celebrate: From birthdays to festivals - we don’t miss any occasion to celebrate however small or big