At SocialPilot, we pride ourselves on being a bootstrapped startup with impressive growth numbers. As a Content Writer, you’ll get to work with a young, dynamic team that believes in the adage of continuous improvement. So, in this role, you’ll work closely with the Marketing Manager and other marketing team members to develop and execute a customer-centric content strategy. You will be in complete control of ideation, writing, publishing, and analyzing the performance of the content. You will enjoy the creative freedom in execution provided it stays within our brand guidelines and entices our target audience.
- Must have 3+ years of content writing experience, preferably at an IT product company
- Should be able to understand the user persona and user journey
- Work with Marketing Manager to build and run an editorial calendar; coordinate with other content writers to ensure standards
- Comfortable with writing thought leadership articles, blog posts, ebooks, framing scripts for feature videos, guest blogs for third-party websites, etc.
- Work with design and web development teams
- Should have a good understanding of SEO and ensure content is SEO optimized for better reach
- Strong research skills
- Master's degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or similar field
- Excellent command over English and grammar
- Good knowledge of social media and technology
- Ready to challenge the status quo and ability to multi-task projects/deliverables
- Excellent command over English with the ability to write in various tones and styles
- Bonus points if you read Twain, Hemingway or Orwell
- Content for SocialPilot only such as blogs, web content and articles to be contributed outside
- Editing and reviewing content received
- Topic idea generation for all content
- Ability to work effectively in an environment where tools, processes, and deliverables are not necessarily predefined
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task projects and deliverables
- We don’t want you to get bored writing content all the time, so we need you to interact with like-minded professionals and have fun on social media. This will help you be more creative and also feeds in idea generation
Personality traits we really admire
- A great attitude, including the tendency to ask questions, learn and suggest process improvements
- Pay great attention to the objective of writing a content type
- Highly motivated with the ability to come up with fresh ideas and perspectives to help us move towards our goals faster
Interview process and prep notes
1. Applying for this post
Please send your latest resume along with a cover letter to apply to this post. Your cover letter should include:
- Why are you interested in this role?
- Where do you see yourself (professionally) in two years and why?
2. Online Test
Once we have reviewed your resume and cover letter, we will ask you to give an online test lasting approximately 45 minutes. If your performance in the online test is satisfactory, we will move ahead with the process.
3. Knowledge Assessment
You’ll get a call from us for a video interview to discuss more about your technical knowledge and career roadmap.
Knowledge about the basic level concepts of the following will be highly appreciated:
- Content Writing Process
- Research Process
- Content Performance Analysis
4. Final Interview
If all goes well, we’ll call you for the final interview to gauge your personality and overall fit with the organization. You might also be asked to give a small hands-on test of about 15 minutes to display your expertise in the subject matter.
For too long, too many SMBs and growing agencies have put up with underwhelming marketing software products that are “cheap” but painful to use, have too many frustrating features, and have severely delayed customer service and overall a very disappointing experience. And sure enough, as these agencies grow, they find themselves locked in annual contracts worth thousands of dollars for software products which they thought were “discounted”.
SocialPilot was created in 2014 to change this.
At SocialPilot, we believe that irrespective of the ticket size, SMBs and agencies deserve enterprise class software that creates joyful experiences in their day-to-day marketing work. We think that being price competitive does not mean cheap, and that just because an agency grows, does not mean that we should start charging them ridiculously. And yes, each and every customer’s business is equally important and deserves immediate attention including 24x5 chat, emails and phone calls.
As of today, over 5000 agencies and SMBs use SocialPilot to manage their social media publishing, analytics, and social engagement while collaborating with their team and their clients.
Our impact so far
- Helped 5000+ marketing agencies and SMBs
- 1 billion+ social media posts published
- One of the fastest growing SaaS companies in India as listed by Inc 42
- Ranked as a “Great Product” consistently by G2, Capterra, SoftwareSuggest, and TrustRadius
What we believe in
- Customer Obsession: We put customers first while making decisions and planning future goals
- Ownership: We believe in taking ownership of areas that we’re working on. We own up our - successes and failures. Moving the needle matters more than just busywork
- Relentless: When it comes to creation & innovation, we stop at nothing. We might fail at the first attempt, but we rise back fast to try again
- Nimbleness: We respond rapidly to changing circumstances and customer needs
- Collaboration: Our collaboration efforts extend to our partners and customers along with our internal team. We are stronger together
Why join us
- Work-life balance: 5-days work week to help you make the most of work and life
- Work Hard, Play Harder: Unwind with frequent air-hockey and coffee breaks with colleagues.
- Open door policy: Strong communication and transparency goes a long way in creating stress-free work places. Got a question? Just ask the right person without any bureaucracy
- Zen-like workspace: A modern, aesthetically pleasing workspace with an all-inclusive cafeteria and dedicated conference/meeting rooms
- Celebrate: From birthdays to festivals - we don’t miss any occasion to celebrate however small or big
- Open Floor Workspace: So every coworker is just a ‘holler’ away. Besides, it ensures we stay productive