More About Algorithm
Facebook, the world’s leading social media platform, was among the first to implement an algorithm through the launch of EdgeRank in 2009. Algorithms have an impact on what we do and what we are seeing on social media. Algorithms explain how no two people see the same social content, even though they are following the same accounts.
Algorithms may sound intimidating, but there are ways you can use the algorithms to your advantage. Here are some tips that might help you flourish in the network of algorithms.
- Post high-quality and relevant content
- Stay current on the trends
- Post consistently
- Do regular analysis and find the right time to post
- Encourage the comments, likes, and shares
- Engage with your followers
- Experiment with your content
- Post more video-based content
- Use relevant hashtags
- Organize giveaways, polls, and questionnaires to engage your followers
Given below is an example of how the Instagram algorithm shows different kinds of content in the feed of a user. The algorithm is set to suggest the posts on the basis of your interaction and activity on the application. The Instagram algorithm also states why you are seeing particular posts by mentioning statements like “Instagram suggested” or “similar to posts you have interacted with.”
Similarly, the LinkedIn algorithm shows you posts that your 1st connections have interacted with.