More About Instagram Reels
On August 5th, 2020, Instagram announced Instagram Reels, which they introduced as a “new way to create and discover short, entertaining videos on Instagram.”
An Instagram Reel has a duration of up to 90 seconds. You can also record and edit 15-second multi-clip videos. You can also use audio, effects, and creative tools to create engaging content and share reels on Feed.
One finds a range of creative editing tools on the left side of the screen as they select reels on the Instagram camera. These tools help you create your reel, including:
- Audio: Search for songs from Instagram’s music library or use your own original audio.
- AR Effects: Select from a gallery of effects created by Instagram and global creators.
- Timer and Countdown: Set a timer for hands-free clip recording.
- Align: Line up objects from previous clips for seamless transitions.
- Speed: Adjust video or audio speed to stay on beat or create slow-motion videos.
- Reels Recording: Record in series, all at once, or using video uploads from a gallery.
After you post a reel, you can save, share, delete, or manage it.
Other reels’ settings include
- Who is allowed to remix your reel
- Comment filters to control which comments are permitted on your reels
- Account mention options specify who can mention you in the caption of their reel
- The recommendation option asks if you want to suggest your reel on Facebook
Reels in Explore
Explore features a vertical feed of Instagram-made reels curated for you to enjoy. We can like, comment, or share on our favorite reels. Some reels are given a “Featured” label by Instagram in an attempt to provide us with original content for entertainment and inspiration.
The screenshot below shows the reel page of Louis Vuitton’s official Instagram account. The number of views appears at the bottom of every reel. You just need to click on whichever reel you wish to watch!