Content curation is the art of collecting relevant content from various authoritative sources and sharing it with your audience in different formats. Content curation tools help you find relevant content (or content ideas). Not only this, but they also make it easy to share this content through your profile.
There was a time when getting relevant content was an issue. Now there is the problem of plenty. With the stupendous amount of content available on the internet, the task of selecting the best content for social media marketing has amplified manifold. And the fact that churning out new content regularly can be hefty on the marketing budget of a company. And tedious too.
So, what to do?
The solution is simple. Recycle the best content available using a content curation tool. This content recycling system will save valuable time, money, as well as labour that is invested to ideate and create fresh content. Content curation tools offer you great content from other sources to enhance your content marketing strategy, to increase your brand visibility and to boost your SEO ranking.
A mix of 60/40 is the ideal mix for curated vs created content in 2017- up-to-date-research.
Content Curation Tools to Skyrocket Your Strategy
- Apt. results for your search keyword
- Search results upto a year older available
- Additional filters for more relevance
- Schedule curated content automatically
- Analyze engagement of each post
- $30/month & 24x5 support
Let’s take a brief look at the top 11 content curation tools that can smooth out your content marketing journey.
As a blogger, I have always resorted to Buzzsumo to get some great content that connects well with the audience and has a good reach.
Simply type in a keyword or the domain name and hit enter. You will get a list of the most shared content on that subject. You can then sort the list using categories like date, content type, view backlinks, follow authors and more. All the articles displayed will be resonating with your audience already, and hence your content is more relatable.
Let’s check out this example.
I’m looking for an article related to ‘self-driving cars’, here are the results.
The first article displayed is from Techcrunch and has a total of 62k shares. You can get further insights about the sharers, the backlinks, and then analyze whether this kind of post will work for your content marketing strategy.
- Use the ‘Content Research‘ tab to discover hot topics and interact with fans who share your content.
- Set up alerts to notify you when influencers and eminent authors post new content.
Flockler filters the spam content and churns out fresh and relevant content for you. It brings your fans, followers and industry experts to you. Flockler also publishes snippets from your social feed alongside all this curated content. You can then analyze your performance using Google Analytics and other powerful social media analytics tools. Companies also keep adding their social content to keeps their fans informed about the company ongoings.
That is so cool!
You can specify your rules to automatically curate and publish content using the Flockler tool. The idea behind using the tool is to create an unparallel brand experience for your fans and followers. They are fed with useful and rich content which compels them to come back for more.
Get detailed data of industry insights, latest research, trending topics and excellent content from all over the internet using Trapit. Further, Trapit organizes the curated data into topic-specific categories, for immediate reference and study. With Trapit, you can curate any amount of content as you want to attain the best available content. This app gets more intelligent with every search and you can then use the ‘trapped’ data for better engagement across all social media networks. The company claims that the ‘traps’ or pieces of content are a result of superior content creation technology which uses A.I. and handcrafted curation techniques.
- Use Trapit to guide company employees to follow the best social media strategies while enabling them to build relationships with fans and targeting the audience to engage in social selling.
- Trapit provides your employees with pre-approved data, hence you can staying in control of the messages they share. Launching an employee advocacy programs makes the content look authentic and trustworthy.
It’s your Pocket to store a substantial amount of relevant content which you can use at a later date!
Consider this situation:
You have sent yourself numerous emails with links and a list of bookmarks, which becomes cumbersome to maintain. Pocket helps you clear out the mess, and organize all your content in a central place for reference. The website of ‘pocket’ is extremely user-friendly and the built-in search feature facilitates speedy searching of articles. Group your articles with tags for easy identification of articles with specific topics.
When you come across something that you like, click the Pocket plugin button and the content gets stored in your account. You can use the tool across several platforms. Whether you find the content on your computer or mobile, it all gets stored in the same place.
Pocket is simple to use content curation tool for beginners and startups that are looking for a viable solution for their content marketing strategies.
Curata is a great tool for enterprises with a lot of content needs. Its intelligent content curation software crowdsources content from various platforms like websites, blogs, social media and more.
Moreover, Curata allows you to customize the content before you share - enabling you to add a personalized voice to the content and using relevant royalty-free images while sharing it.
- Add your team so you can share their content suggestions with the team and contribute to the content curation process.
- While surfing the internet, use its browser plugin to immediately add content to your curated lists.
- Use its built-in blog publishing capabilities and marketing integrations to share content to your social, in your emails, etc.
As their brand statement says - what good is content if no one sees it?
That’s the best part about Triberr. This tool is great for bloggers, influencers, and small businesses looking to build an audience through content marketing. Triberr helps you find content, curate it, promote it, and see if it's helping you achieve your goals.
Think of these ‘tribes’ as groups of people who are interested in and follow a particular kind of content - fashion blogs, cooking videos, finance tips, automobile industry updates, etc. You can be a part of one or multiple tribes.
- Use Triberr’s analytics to see who likes and shares your content consistently.
- Triberr’s ‘queue’ feature helps you set schedules for your social media posts and share content automatically as per the schedules. So, use it to promote your content.
- Use ‘tribes’ to get more people to read or view your content.
List.ly helps you curate content in the form of lists which you can later publish or on your WordPress site and share to social. It has a website app and iOS app to help you create lists on-the-go. Also, its chrome extension and bookmarklet help you add content to your lists from anywhere on the internet.
- Publish lists on a site and encourage people to suggest content to be added to it and vote for their favourite content in the list. This works similar to the content shared on social media platforms.
- Categorize your audience’s interests by adding different lists for each topic - places list, apps list, book list, products list, people lists, etc.
If you are a marketer, you would know that keeping up with the latest news in your industry, follow what experts are saying, and track trending content on social. For a busy marketer, checking various sources for this purpose becomes a difficult task. Hence, Feedly collects content from your favourite sources and displays it for you to consume effortlessly.
Feedly helps you organize content from publications, tweets, YouTube channels, RSS feeds, blogs, and also for certain keywords.
- Organize all your content in different categories of interest - say fashion, travel, food, etc.
- If you don’t have time to read or view the content at that instance, just mark it ‘read for later’. You’ll then be able to find this content easily.
- Share your boards with your team members to curate content, comment on it, and prioritize it.
Whether you are a professional or heading a small business, Scoop.it helps you aggregate relevant content on your website, publish it, and share it on your social. If you employ content marketing to achieve your goals, this tool will help in every aspect of it.
Scoop.it helps you create newsletters in minutes to promote your content and share third-party content.
- If you head a small business, you can use Scoop.it to distribute content among your team members in the form of emails or just share it with them.
- Create a content hub where you can automatically publish content and share it with your readers or viewers.
cognitiveSEO Content Optimizer is not only a content curation tool but it will also help you to take full advantage of content as a Google ranking factor. The tool is build upon a three-steps process: keyword research, competitor spying and optimization, which works greats to content curation.
It delivers a lot of curated data and recommendations you can use in your content and add a personalized style to the content.
- Use cognitiveSEO Content Optimizer has one of the easiest ways to find curated content on lots of languages and locations for both mobile and desktop devices.
- Discover the most high-performance piece of content by the number of links, ranks, number of words on the page,
- Use the optimization section to do real-time curation and build evergreen content.
- Identify your target audience’s content needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Content curation is the art of collecting relevant content from various authoritative sources and sharing it with your audience in different formats.
Content curation tools help you find relevant content or help you with fresh content ideas to post on your social media accounts.
Here are the best content curation tools that boost your marketing strategy
Yes, you can with the help of these top 5 free content curation tools -
Social media managers should leverage the benefits of content marketing tools to create a strong presence on social media and increase engagement. With experience and careful analysis of the performance of your existing content, I’m sure you will engineer a strong content recycling system for your content marketing.
Do you use content curation tool which isn’t listed here? Don’t forget to share your comments below. My readers would like to know about tools that make your marketing easier to execute.