Social media has changed the way brands connect with their potential and existing customers. Though the process seems straightforward, Social media marketing in itself is a complex process.
It takes your team’s enormous efforts to ideate and execute strategies without making any error. If not managed properly, it may eventually lead to employee burnout and generate fewer leads.
Now you can step up and make your social media marketers’ lives easier by improving their efficiency with some top-rated project management tools. These tools can help them quickly manage and grow social presence across various platforms, like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, and Pinterest.
Without using the right project management tools, you may risk falling behind your fellow competitors and disconnecting with your peers, customers, and potential customers, something which you would not want to happen in any case.
Why do you need Project Management Tools for Social Media Marketing?
Here’s why using the best project management tools is critical for the success of your social media marketing strategy.
- Ability to control and monitor your campaigns as a whole
- Streamline the content posting process by eliminating the need to juggle multiple platforms
- Get informative insights into your competitors’ strategy and their response to trends and developments within your market sector
- Cut costs and labor time
- Simplified content management
- To monitor relevant keywords for leads and valuable information
- To schedule posts ahead of time
- To prove ROI to superiors
But before you daydream of these benefits, you need to complete the most crucial step first. And that is choosing the right tool! So let’s have a look at 9 project management tools that will lessen your burden and increase productivity. This list can help you make the apt choice.
Finding a Reliable Project Management Tool for Social Media Managers
Finding the right project management tool for social media managers is not easy as many tools are available. It takes thorough research and in-depth analysis of every project management software before finalizing the one you consider would serve your needs. Here are some best in the industry tools for you to choose from.
A comprehensive, all-in-one project management software that simplifies the way projects are managed at every stage.
When it comes to project management, ProofHub is a complete package. It is an easy-to-use, all-in-one tool with built-in features that will help social media managers quickly plan, organize, and collaborate on projects of all sizes at one centralized location. You get a clear, holistic view of all the activities and instantly communicate with team members, managers, or clients.
You can create tasks and subtasks, collaborate on designs and documents, and see work moving through multiple stages to ensure all your projects are completed on time, every time.
ProofHub offers a wide range of powerful features, which include:
- Custom Roles
- Kanban Boards
- Gantt Charts
ProofHub subscription starts at $50/month, and the premium version is available for $99/month. A free 14-day trial is also offered.
An all-in-one project management tool, Nifty is ideal for every phase of a project’s lifecycle.
Nifty is a robust project management software that encompasses every phase of a project lifecycle. It is fully equipped as a project management tool for social managers because it includes customizable talkboards, phase-based roadmaps with automated reporting, and built-in docs.
While many project management softwares focus solely on the task management section of project management, Nifty’s robust suite of collaboration tools, such as a built-in direct messenger & video calls make it a more practical and reliable project management tool for social media managers.
Nifty possesses a wide range of powerful features like:
- Built-in chat
- Built-in Docs
- Roadmap Milestones
- Kanban, List, and Calendar view
- Easy to use
- Custom Roles
- Gantt Charts
- Time Tracking
Nifty offers a free-forever plan and it’s paid plan starts out as low as $5 per user per month.
The ideal content planning and collaboration tool for marketing teams of any size.
Planable is a platform for streamlining marketing content creation, planning, and approval process for large-scale projects or campaigns. From crafting social media posts and scheduling them to developing newsletters or any other written content, Planable works as a simple project management solution to support your team’s workflow.
With Planable’s real-time collaboration, you can write blog articles, briefs, and emails, use markdown, leave comments, and share feedback on one page. Another powerful feature is the calendar view which provides a holistic overview of a content marketing strategy that can include blog posts, emails, and posts on social media.
Featured offered by Planable’s Universal Content include:
- Rich-text editor
- Live collaboration
- One-click approvals
- Multi-level approval workflows
Planable pricing starts at $11/month per user. They also offer a Free plan (limited to 50 posts) to try all its features.
One of the best marketing calendars that connects your content and social media accounts in one view.
CoSchedule is considered one of the best social media management tools. Social media managers can manage their projects on a single dashboard and simultaneously share and publish content, saving time and improving productivity.
Besides helping with marketing and task organization, CoSchedule is also ideal for professional marketers looking to collaborate and communicate with their teams to deliver projects on time. It helps with content planning, content organization and enhances your content quality with headline analyzers.
CoSchedule offers a range of useful tools for social media managers, which include:
- Automated Publishing
- Social Media Monitoring
- Customer Engagement
- Post Scheduling
- Content Management
- Portfolio Management
- Collaboration Tools
CoSchedule pricing starts at $39.00 per month. They offer a free trial with a demo version.
Sprout Social is a professional platform for social media management for brands and agencies of all sizes.
Sprout Social is a SaaS tool ideal for advanced scheduling of social media posts and tracking their performance across various platforms. Social media managers can attach all their social media accounts easily and quickly.
Sprout Social’s simple and intuitive interface offers a quick snapshot of your social media accounts. Several tabs help users schedule and publish social media posts, pull analytics reports, and monitor social media campaigns.
Sprout Social offers a range of tools which include:
- Smart Inbox
- External Integrations
- Customer Relationship Management
- Real-time Brand Monitoring
- Comprehensive Reporting Tools
Sprout Social pricing starts at $99 per user/per month. They also offer a free 30-day trial.
Businesses, Publishers, Non-profits, Mid-stage startup teams, Higher education, Solopreneurs, E-commerce, and Sports teams.
The primary feature of Buffer is to make content sharing as easy as possible in the future across a range of social networks. But its other features make it much more than a scheduling tool.
You can measure and report the performance of your content, build the Instagram community, and save you time and money by eliminating manual handling of all your social media posts.
Buffer offers a free plan for handling up to 3 social accounts, but unlocking all features necessitates payment for each connected account. This pricing structure may pose a challenge for businesses mindful of their budget, especially those managing multiple accounts.
Buffer provides a range of four pricing options along with a 14-day trial period for each. There is a free plan for beginners. Paid plans range from $6 a month for one account to a monthly $120 for 10 accounts.
- Content Scheduling: You can create customized posts and utilize Buffer’s scheduling capabilities to automate their publishing.
- Performance Analytics: The tool facilitates accessing in-depth analytics and generates comprehensive, shareable reports for each linked social profile.
- Audience Engagement: Managing audience messages and comments as well as prioritizing impactful interactions is possible via Buffer’s advanced social inbox.
- Workflow Management: Collaboration with your entire team and clients in the social media content approval process is streamlined by the tool.
- Start Page: You can use the Start Page feature to craft visually appealing yet straightforward landing pages, effectively converting social media traffic into sales.
After sifting through numerous user reviews of Buffer sourced from reputable platforms such as G2 and Capterra, we meticulously examined each one, considering all aspects of the tool. From this thorough analysis, we’ve compiled the following insights.
- Nearly half of the users had a positive experience with Buffer’s overall publishing capabilities.
- The ability to monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) using Buffer has earned the favor of approximately 1 out of 5 users.
- Around 10% of the reviews mentioned that message prioritization capability in Buffer’s inbox makes for a more efficient engagement.
- At least 10% of the reviews mentioned the benefits of real-time collaboration, eliminating the use of any other tool for communication in between.
- Around a quarter of the reviews have mentioned access controls and permissions positively, saying the feature makes working in a team highly efficient.
- Approximately 42.86% of reviews have pointed out that the scheduling capabilities in Buffer have some gaps.
- The data visualization in the reports generated by Buffer has been difficult to comprehend, according to 60% of the reviews.
- The lack of CRM integration into Buffer has been raised as a concern by many users, further limiting the inbox’s functionality.
- 5% of the users have complained about the prolonged loading time the dashboard of Buffer takes.
- 20% of the users have found the team workflows difficult to grasp and navigate, causing confusion rather than streamlining things.
A project management tool built to increase productivity, optimize task management, and facilitate collaboration.
Seeking to enable teams of all sizes to centralize their projects in one place, Plaky is a project management tool that doesn’t hide any essential features behind arbitrary paywalls. Plaky’s extensive customization features allow teams to visualize and organize tasks as they see fit, including via custom-made Kanban boards.
Social Media Managers, in particular, can use Plaky to plan and track their social media campaigns and events, as well as streamline their day-to-day activities. In gist, Plaky is a powerful and versatile app that can just as easily meet the demands of any team. Users can use Plaky free of cost.
Some of Plaky’s most noteworthy features include:
- Unlimited members
- Unlimited boards
- Unlimited tasks
- Fully customizable task cards
- Kanban boards
- Progress tracking
Streamlined time tracking and productivity platform for project management and team collaboration.
My Hours is the leading platform designed to revolutionize how you manage your time and productivity. Whether a freelancer, small business owner, or team manager, My Hours is your trusted partner in optimizing workflows and maximizing productivity.
Log your work hours, projects, and tasks with My Hours, allowing you to focus on what truly matters – delivering outstanding results for your clients or business.
With customizable features, flexible reporting tools, and real-time insights, My Hours helps you to stay on top of your projects, meet deadlines, and streamline your operations. You can gain valuable visibility into individual and team performance, enabling you to make data-driven decisions and unlock your team’s full potential.
Powerful features of My Hours include:
- Intuitive time tracking
- Real-time insights
- Customizable reports
- Team collaboration
- Data Security
- Performance Analysis
- Client Management
- Customizable Work Categories
- User Activity Monitoring
- Deadline reminders
My Hours provides users with a free version, as well as a pro version priced at $8 per month, billed annually.
Professionals, Small teams, Small-medium businesses, and Enterprises.
With over 16 million users worldwide, Hootsuite is a versatile social media marketing solution be it, solo entrepreneurs, to enterprises with a hierarchy of team members.
Acting like a suite of products, it has all the tools you need to execute marketing campaigns, identify and connect with your audience, and send them targeted messages via multiple channels. Social media managers can create and manage business campaigns from a single dashboard, which can also track conversations, schedule messages, and engage with customers.
The innumerable integrations in the app make it more of a marketing hub than a scheduling tool. However, the complex design and feature-heavy dashboard can be difficult for inexperienced marketers to learn.
Hootsuite offers five pricing tiers after a 30-day trial, ranging from $99/month to $249/month, catering to different social account and user needs.
- Post Scheduling: Effortlessly plan and schedule multiple posts to publish at your preferred times.
- Engage Audience: Use Hootsuite’s integrated social inbox to monitor, interact, and automate responses with AI chatbots, boosting customer engagement.
- Social Listening: Stay updated on trends and monitor brand mentions, keywords, and hashtags for valuable insights into public sentiment.
- Ad Management: Seamlessly oversee Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn ad campaigns from Hootsuite’s user-friendly dashboard.
- Analytics: Access comprehensive analytics data from multiple profiles, displayed conveniently in a centralized dashboard.
- Team Collaboration: Foster teamwork by defining roles for your team and clients, ensuring smooth workflow within Hootsuite.
- Employee Advocacy: Expand your brand’s reach by encouraging employees to share company posts on their personal social profiles.
- AI-Powered Writing: Simplify social media caption creation with our AI writing tool, enhancing content generation efficiency.
We went through a hundred user reviews for Hootsuite, gathered from trusted review platforms like G2 and Capterra. After carefully analyzing each of them in respect to all the features of the tool, we have gathered these insights.
- According to 58.44% of the opinions, advanced scheduling made it easy for people to readily plan and post their content promptly and consistently. This saved a lot of their time.
- When it came to managing platform-specific limitations, 43.86% users said that Hootsuite does a good job.
- The drag-and-drop functionality in Hootsuite makes it really easy for users to seamlessly create content and 40.40% of them think it is a great addition to the the app.
- 9.10% of users with larger teams and clients find the features of exporting and sharing reports is very helpful as they can share these reports from Hootsuite and keep everyone in the loop.
- Some of the customers like the ability Hootsuite gives to customize their tool interface with their own branding, creating a unique experience for them.
- 88.9% of Hootsuite users have regularly encountered bugs and faced errors while publishing content through the tool.
- While some people think it is an easy tool to use, 11.76% have a hard time getting a grasp on the tool.
- Nearly 15% of people were unsatisfied with Hootsuite’s inability to export detailed reports with minutely granular data.
- The lack of features facilitating collaboration, like the inability to integrate any external project management tools, has disappointed nearly 17% of the reviewers.
- With delayed message retrieval, slow loading, and difficult organization, some users have expressed frustration with the overall performance of Hootsuite’s social inbox.
A powerful, feature-rich Project management platform with an intuitive user interface, perfect for businesses of all sizes and needs.
Teamwork was actually created by 2 former digital agency business owners. You can trust it will have everything you need to manage your projects in one centralized location effectively. It allows you to efficiently and effectively track and manage tasks, team members, milestones, deadlines, workloads, and much more.
Teamwork has a range of powerful and useful features such as
- Panoramic view of all ongoing projects
- Track team and team member workloads
- Manage client permissions
- Time Tracking
- Gantt Charts
- Task and Sub-Task Creation
Teamwork pricing ranges from free through to a variety of premium options, there is also a 30-day free trial.
A social media management tool that makes management and tracking analytics accessible.
NapoleanCat is another social media automation tool that can save your draining team effort. It offers a single inbox for multi-platform communication. It also automates customer support services, so you don’t need to. NapoleonCat is great for benchmarking and monitoring competitors.
Some of the amazing features of NapoleanCat are:
- Social Inbox
- Engagement Tracking
- Campaign Optimization
- Social Publishing
NapoleonCat starts from $27 per month with a free trial of 14 days.
A project management and productivity tool to communicate with your team and collaborate on any project – all in one place.
ClickUp is a popular project management and productivity software solution to support individuals and teams with task management, collaboration, communication, and more. Manage simple to complex projects effectively through various features in this tool.
Manage projects from start to finish and choose from a variety of functional views to make project planning an ease. Personalize your own workflow with customizable views, custom widgets for your dashboards, and ClickApps to configure your work according to your needs.
ClickUp features a variety of functions and tools including:
- Task management
- Recurring Checklists and Reminders
- Multiple Views
- Complete Customization
- Team Collaboration
- Time Tracking
ClickUp offers a free-forever plan. Paid plans offer unlimited storage and added features depending on the size of your team. Plans start at $5 per member/month for small teams. Business and Business Plus plans start at $12 and $19 per member/month respectively.
Nuclino is a unified workspace where teams can bring all their knowledge, docs, and projects together in one place.
If you are looking for a lightweight, fast, and easy-to-use project management tool, Nuclino is a great option. Its clean, uncluttered interface and user-friendly design make it stand out among other solutions.
In Nuclino, you can organize your projects in a variety of visual ways, including a Kanban board, a nested list, a table, or a graph. Every project comes with its own long-form document, where you can capture project goals, add to-do lists, upload or embed files, exchange feedback, collaborate in real time, and more.
But managing projects is just one of the many things you can do in Nuclino. It’s a unified workspace that brings all of your team’s work together in one spot. You can set up your company wiki, collaborate on meeting notes, and onboard new employees, all in the same simple tool.
Some of the key features offered by Nuclino are:
- Board, list, table, and graph views
- To-do lists
- Due dates and reminders
- Real-time collaboration
- Comments and Version history
- Quick search with advanced filters
- Integrations with 40+ apps
You can get started with Nuclino for free. While advanced features can be accessed with a Standard or Premium plan subscription starting at $5/user/month.
A project management tool that works with accuracy, improving productivity, and projects organized.
Monday.com is a simple yet effective project management tool that manages all your projects. It is fantastic for striking collaboration to multiply team efficiency. You can track the workflow and planning stages of your project right from the tool with absolute transparency.
The intuitive interface has visual elements for quick insights. It also supports quite a few integrations and a handful of use cases. Overall, it is a flexible tool that just makes delegating and progress tracking simpler. Check this monday.com review for more details.
Monday.com gives its users the following features:
- Customizable Automation
- Task Creation
- Task Management
- Popular Integrations
- Project Management
- Inventory Tracking
- Kanban and Gantt
- Real-time Dashboard
Monday.com pricing starts at $27 per month and can be upgraded anytime. A free trial of 14 days is also available.
A robust project management software based on Gantt charts for an optimized task, team and resources management, and smooth collaboration.
GanttPRO is a robust online project management software that will help you plan, implement and control your complex social media projects easily. The tool is based on a widely used project management tool, a Gantt chart.
With its help, you can keep track of all the activities and never miss a single detail. Moreover, the software features a whole bunch of useful options for effective task, team, and time management.
GanttPRO’s most remarkable characteristics include:
- User-friendly interface
- Gantt charts, Boards, Lists
- Progress monitoring
- Time tracking
- Team collaboration
- A multitude of sharing options
- Pre-made templates
GanttPRO offers 14 days of a free trial. Pricing starts at 8.90$ per month.
A phenomenal tool to track your diversified social media clients scattered on multiple networks with all customer-front services.
Managing a successful social media client can require working on multiple tasks at once, communicating with customers in a fast-paced environment, and tracking different campaigns and ads continuously. Indy is a strong project management tool that can help you keep everything moving and build strong social media projects.
Here are the features Indy offers to help freelancers manage their social media clients:
- Project Dashboard
- Task Management
- Time Tracker
- Files Tool
- Invoicing Module
- Proposal Editor
- Contract Creator
- Calendar Sync
- Chat and Messaging
- Client Relationship Manager
Indy has a completely free plan and a priced plan. The priced one costs $6.75 each month.
A product management tool that lets you look after all aspects of project management with proactive tracking features.
If you are a product manager or a project manager, Chisel can be your potential ally. It serves as your one-stop solution for various needs related to team alignment, roadmaps, and customer feedback. Chisel is perfect for both small and large marketing agencies.
Some of the key features offered by Chisel are:
- Customer surveys and feedback
- Team alignment
- Jira integration
- Team alignment matrix
- Prioritization matrix
- Onboarding and training sessions
Chisel offers 3 plans. The first plan is completely free while the Premium plan costs $229 each month. The Enterprise plan is completely customizable.
A powerful all-in-one project management and team collaboration tool that enables your teams to collaborate, plan, analyze, track and manage everyday tasks.
nTask is a unique Project Management tool that helps users showcase their tasks and work in the form of a process. nTask lets users connect their work in one place to collaborate with other teams. It is a relatively easy-to-use tool that allows users to move around tasks freely. Furthermore, nTask supports integrations with tools such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Calendar.
Some of the best features of nTask are:
- Kanban Board
- Risk Management
- Issue Tracking
- Meeting Management
- Team Management
- Task Management
- Gantt Charts
- Time Tracking
nTask pricing starts at $3 per month when billed yearly. A free trial of 14 days is also available.
A tool for project managers that helps capture feedback, explain tasks, and collaborate with team members.
Whether you are a project manager or even a product manager, and no matter what tool from this list you’re using, Markup Hero is a perfect companion app. Snap screenshots, add annotations, gather feedback, share with links, and easily embed in project management tickets.
Some key features offered by Markup Hero are:
- Arrow, text, highlight, callouts, shapes, and many more tools
- Annotate images, PDFs, Google Docs, Screenshots, and more
- No flattened images – forever editable markups
- Instant share links, downloads, and copy to clipboard
- Multiple page markups, crop, blur, permissions, and more
- Slack, Google Integrations + powerful Chrome Extension
Markup Hero has a forever free plan and a premium plan which is $4/month. At that price, it’s a no-brainer.
A time tracker that comes with a powerful project management module to manage projects from beginning to end, set budgets, see progress and analyze earnings.
By applying TMetric, any manager gets a tool to keep time, projects, and teams under control for better productivity and profits. Break down each project into tasks, track project progress for success hit budgets and deadlines, review detailed reports, and ensure your team stays focused during the whole project timeline. Build a perfect and effective workflow for your team with this time tracking and productivity app.
Key features of TMetric are:
- Time tracking
- Team management
- Project budgeting
- Billing and invoicing
- Client collaboration
- Workflow management
- Multiple reporting
- Seamless integrations
TMetric has a free plan for personal use. Paid plans with advanced functionality start at $5 per user per month. And, of course, you can get a free 30-day trial to test the tool.
A top leading provider of editable PowerPoint templates. SlideModel helps thousands of customers worldwide to communicate complex pieces of information in a visual format through graphs, reports, business models, and plenty of other options that can serve the needs of project managers.
SlideModel is a subscription-based library of resources to create professional presentations and several other graphic formats to document data in a visually attractive format. With its extensive range of over 40,000 products for Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides, users can create presentations in just minutes, focusing only on the content to list down per slide. All the design decisions are made for the user and yet fully customizable to meet the requirements of any presenter/brand.
Besides helping business professionals create impactful presentations, SlideModel has a versatile usage mode, as users can find icons, maps, vector images, or repurpose presentations for personal use instead of work files. If their large collection of templates doesn’t fit your requirements, their top-quality customer service can consider your comments and return a custom-made template.
SlideModel offers these features with their subscription-based model:
- Customizable templates
- All PowerPoint versions compatibility
- Google Slides and Apple Keynote compatibility
- Unlimited downloads & Cloud support (annual plans only)
- Full commercial rights to customers – you don’t need to credit SlideModel for your presentation design.
- Customer support
Free presentation templates are available, with new models released on a weekly basis.
Slab is a knowledge management solution that lets businesses create policies, document guidelines, and maintain processes all in one place.
Slab can be modified and organized however your organization wants it. With information stored in a centralized repository, topics and other content materials can be shared across teams.
Slab gives you the freedom to carry out your task in the most efficient way possible.
These Slab features make learning and documentation fun and easy.
- Real-time collaboration
- Version History
Slab pricing starts at $6.67 per month, and it also offers a free version.
A comprehensive, all-in-one project management software that simplifies the way teams work, no matter their location.
Teamly is a versatile project management tool that brings together all the essential features needed for efficient team collaboration and project execution. This all-in-one platform provides a centralized location for planning, organizing, and tracking projects of all sizes. With Teamly, you can create custom workflows, manage tasks, and monitor employee activity, ensuring your projects are completed on time, every time.
Teamly’s standout feature is its screen capture video and audio recording, which allows for clear and efficient communication within your team. Additionally, Teamly’s built-in timer accurately tracks work hours, making payroll calculations quick and easy. Plus, with its real-time tracking of project costs and labor expenses, you can better manage your budget.
Key features of Teamly include:
- Custom Workflows
- Task Management
- Screen Capture Video & Audio Recording
- Employee Time Tracking & Monitoring
- Professional Checklists & SOPs
- 24/7 Customer Support
Teamly is completely free to use, with an option to upgrade to the Starter plan at $47/month for additional features and storage or the Business plan at $97/month for even more capabilities.
To Sum It Up
While each of the top project management tools for social media managers listed here is designed to help achieve efficiency, the one fact that needs to be remembered is that no one application can suit all users.
Some tools are ideally suited for large teams and agencies, while others are better for small businesses and freelancers. It’s essential to choose the right tool after assessing your situation and budget. Teams are responsible for overall business success, and making their lives simpler should be the top priority.
Tools like SocialPilot allow them to troubleshoot the redundancy to achieve better results and perform to the best of their abilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to use a social media management tool?
Using a social media management tool can help simplify the process of creating and implementing a multi-platform campaign. Marketers can streamline the posting process by planning everything in one place and then posting all at once without shifting between platforms.
What are the top social media platforms in 2022?
As per social media statistics, the top social media platforms are:
- Facebook: 2.91 billion active monthly users
- Instagram: 2 billion active monthly users
- TikTok: 1 billion active monthly users
- Snapchat: 500 million active users
- Twitter: 353 million active monthly users
- LinkedIn: 310 million active monthly users
What are social media management tools?
Social media management tools like SocialPilot are for scheduling posts for multiple social media platforms to boost reach to the relevant target audience. You can also collaborate with your teams and clients to establish a workflow.
How much does social media management cost?
Outsourcing social media management can cost $900 to $20,000 per month. The services usually include developing and managing a company’s social media marketing and advertising strategy on the most popular social media platforms.
What are the responsibilities of a social media manager?
The social media manager is responsible for strategizing and executing social media marketing campaigns. They monitor, moderate, and respond to audience comments, compile campaigns, and create content. These experts guide businesses on how to enhance their online presence.
What are the best project management tools in 2022?
- Sprout Social
- Markup Hero