Social media has emerged as the showstopper in every marketing regime. While individuals have made it a part of their daily schedule, brands are pulling up their socks to impress all.
Marketers are investing in social media posting tools to play a consistent game. These tools help them post regularly, engage with their audience, track analytics, leverage social media listening benefits, manage ads, and much more.
But often, they end up with heavy bills for different apps for social media posts.
So we have handpicked the industry’s best social media tools that will help you cover a wide array of social media networks without costing you an arm and a leg.
How we analyze & select these Social Media Posting Tools:
We have compiled the following list of top-notch social media posting tools through extensive research and evaluation. Our process involved actively weighing factors like user experience, G2 ratings and reviews, cost, and scalability. We assessed the proficiency of these tools in automation, crafting content, visualization, analytics, and teamwork to rank them. We have dedicated immense effort to curating this list, with the aim of equipping marketers with insightful data for choosing the right tools that will help grow their businesses.
Over 17,000 social media managers actively use AgoraPulse to schedule and post their social media content, get all analytics reports, and engage with users from one platform. This app for social media posting also offers CRM integration.
You can also keep a tab on all conversations from a unified social inbox. Apart from the usual scheduling features, you can use Agorapulse for competitor analysis. Agorapulse helps in building your community stronger with consistent posting abilities and analytics.
- Agorapulse offers a free trial for 30 days.
- It lets you listen to all your brand relevant conversations.
- It provides CRM integration for better team collaboration and visibility.
The ability to actually see “Inbox 0” is insanely motivating and always makes me feel good.
- The reporting feature is basic, with scope for improvement.
- This social media posting tool is too costly for the features it has to offer in the subscription plan.
- The inbox is a bit clunky.
One thing I miss is the possibility to boost/advertise through the platform.
Businesses, Publishers, Non-profits, Mid-stage startup teams, Higher education, Solopreneurs, E-commerce, and Sports teams.
Buffer is one of the more efficient software when it comes to social media management. With its versatile set of social media posting features and a highly user-friendly interface, it is a preferred option for many marketers.
The tool seamlessly caters to the demands of businesses of all shapes and sizes. Whether you’re a solo marketer, a part of an agency with many clients, a startup, or with a well-off business, Buffer does the job for all.
Buffer provides a free plan for managing up to 3 social accounts, but full access to all features requires payment per connected account. This pricing model can be challenging for budget-conscious businesses with numerous accounts to manage.
Buffer provides a range of four pricing options along with a 14-day trial period for each. There is a free plan for beginners. Paid plans range from $6 a month for one account to a monthly $120 for 10 accounts.
- Content Posting: Craft tailored posts and leverage Buffer’s social media scheduling capabilities to automate their publication.
- Performance Analytics: Utilize Buffer’s scheduling capabilities to generate detailed analytics and create comprehensive, shareable reports for each linked social profile.
- AI-Powered Assistance: Streamline the creation of social media captions with Buffer’s AI Assistant, facilitating faster and more efficient content generation through user prompts.
- Collaborative Workflow: Collaborate seamlessly with your entire team and involve clients in the social media content approval process using Buffer.
- Campaign Management: With Buffer’s social media management capabilities, you can easily create and manage a new campaign.
After sifting through numerous user reviews of Buffer sourced from reputable platforms such as G2 and Capterra, we meticulously examined each one, considering all aspects of the tool. From this thorough analysis, we’ve compiled the following insights.
- Almost 50% of users reported a favorable overall experience with Buffer’s publishing capabilities.
- 27.3% of users found Buffer’s multiple in-app integrations valuable for seamlessly handling multi-platform publishing from a single dashboard.
- About 9.10% of users appreciate Buffer’s post customization options, making it convenient to modify content for various social platforms within one dashboard.
- Users note that Buffer’s suggestions for post ideas are valuable in expediting the consistent content creation process.
- Some users credit Buffer’s ability to recycle and reschedule older posts for helping them maintain social media consistency.
- Nearly 40% of Buffer users reported difficulties when attempting bulk scheduling of their posts.
- Over 33% of users identified a need to enhance Buffer’s customization capabilities.
- Contrary to popular opinion, about 40% of users found certain aspects of Buffer’s interface confusing, impacting ease of navigation.
- A significant 28.57% of users pointed out a lack of content categorization in Buffer’s content library.
- Editing content becomes challenging after uploading or scheduling, a concern raised by 20% of Buffer users.
Sprout Social is an all-in-one app to post on all social media that help you grow your network and engage on social media platforms. It supports several helpful integrations like UserVoice, Zendesk, CRM tools, and more. Sprout Social has excellent social listening tools, so you leave no stone unturned and engage at every possible opportunity.
- This social media posting app has good listening capabilities. You can even customize your social media streams.
- It has a bot builder that helps you in managing chatbots on Facebook messenger.
- It has a rich asset library.
I like that I can rely on Sprout to post my content for me after it’s scheduled. I like the listening capabilities.
- It is a bit pricey as the pricing model is per user, which is unsuitable for large companies.
- There are additional charges for including more features on your account.
- Though they have an inbox to manage messages and mentions, they aren’t entirely intuitive as they don’t have a unified inbox.
It is a bit expensive for companies with many workers since the program is per user. In addition, the cost rises if you want to have more functions. Another element that interferes with the total productivity of the program is that it needs consistent interaction metrics on all social platforms; it would be ideal that it could cover all, not just some.
Tailwind is the official Pinterest Partner for content marketing and Instagram partner for community management. From scheduling pins and discovering relevant content to growing reach and measuring results – this tool lets you achieve all this and more. Apart from Pinterest management, this social media posting app also helps you manage and grow your presence on Instagram.
- You can create a new pin every time instead of repinning your content.
- Its automation function saves you time while helping you maximize reach.
- Its powerful analytics and reporting features offer deep insights, lets you measure impact, and optimize your strategy to accelerate growth.
Tailwind allows me to spend my time creating content because it saves me time pinning to Pinterest. It finds the kinds of posts that I want to pin to my boards.
- It does not allow you to toggle between Tailwind accounts, which could be a challenge if you are working for multiple clients simultaneously.
- It does not let you post on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- It is considered to be one of the costlier social media posting tools as it supports limited social media networks.
Verified Tailwind user.
It took a while to get used to how things are done, and you can not post to Twitter.
CoSchedule is a real-time planner for your blog and social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and Pinterest. It helps you organize and post to all social media at once. It also includes planning, publishing, automating, engaging, and measuring. This tool enables you to create full-scale social media campaigns and create reusable templates, thereby saving time and improving productivity.
- It offers agile marketing products for syncing projects and processes with teammates.
- It gives a visual representation of all your content in one centralized place.
- This tool seamlessly integrates with WordPress, making it easy to plan, publish, and promote blog posts and social media messages.
CoSchedule is useful for keeping me on track with everything I’m trying to accomplish. Reposting my best work regularly without needing to lift a finger.
- It is costly compared to other content calendar alternatives.
- It is difficult to share the editorial calendar with the rest of the team. It isn’t even available in a print-friendly version.
- Scheduling blog posts is not as user-friendly as its alternatives.
Coschedule is more expensive than the normal content calendar alternatives I have found. Social media programming exists, but we find publication errors more often than we would like.
Professionals, Small teams, Small-medium businesses, and Enterprises.
Hootsuite, a one-for-all social media marketing solution, has been adopted by a diverse array of users across industries. This powerful software excels in centralizing all aspects of social media posting within a singular dashboard, streamlining workflows, and cutting out the need for different tools.
Hootsuite enables solo marketers by functioning as a virtual social media team in a box. With a worldwide user base spanning industries like education, finance, government, and healthcare, the tool has helped automate content management for all its users.
Its powerful collaboration workflows make Hootsuite perfect for larger teams and agencies. However, due to its considerable prices on higher plans, smaller brands and solo entrepreneurs are unable to afford the tool.
Hootsuite offers five pricing tiers after a 30-day trial, ranging from $99/month to $249/month, catering to different social account and user needs.
- Scheduled Publishing: Effortlessly plan, create, and schedule social media content for automatic publishing at designated times.
- Customer Engagement: Effortlessly manage conversations with followers and leverage AI chatbots for automated responses.
- Social Listening: Stay informed about trends, track brand mentions, keywords, and hashtags to assess brand perception.
- Social Media Ads: Effectively manage Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn ads directly from Hootsuite’s dashboard.
- Analytics: Centralize analytics data from multiple platforms for easy access and analysis.
- Team Collaboration: Promote seamless teamwork by assigning defined roles to clients and colleagues.
- Employee Advocacy: Expand your reach by enabling employees to share company posts on their personal profiles.
- AI Writer: Simplify and expedite the creation of social media captions with the assistance of AI technology.
We went through a hundred user reviews for Hootsuite, gathered from trusted review platforms like G2 and Capterra. After carefully analyzing each of them in respect to all the features of the tool, we have gathered these insights.
- Most of Hootsuite users find the content publishing abilities on several social media channels highly useful.
- 58.44% people said advanced scheduling made it easy for them to readily plan and post their social media content promptly and consistently.
- Users appreciate Hootsuite’s capability to schedule a diverse range of content, encompassing images, videos, GIFs, and links.
- The drag-and-drop functionality in Hootsuite is well-received by 40.40% of users, who consider it a valuable addition to the app.
- Hootsuite’s overall content management features receive approval from 88.24% of users due to their user-friendly nature.
- Approximately 41.56% of users encountered challenges with the tool’s complex scheduling process.
- Roughly 9.09% of users encountered difficulties when using the mobile application of Hootsuite for scheduling posts.
- According to 39.47% of users, Hootsuite’s management of platform-specific limitations falls short of expectations.
- While there are exceptions, many users have found content management in Hootsuite to be challenging.
- Concerns about the bulk scheduling capabilities in Hootsuite have arisen for 14.14% of users when dealing with high volumes of content.
From engagement to analytics, Sendible is built to help agencies manage social media marketing for multiple brands. This is one of the social media posting tools that supports Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google My Business, Youtube, and Pinterest, along with blogging platforms like WordPress, Medium , and Tumblr.
- The social listening feature lets you keep track of your brand along with key industry terms and competitors.
- It offers a simple, easy-to-use interface that does not require any training.
- Apart from boosting audience engagement, it also helps you generate quality leads and improve ROI.
It has an awesome user interface (UI) which is easy to use and generally a great user experience (UX).
- The mobile app tends to crash often, making it difficult to use and schedule posts effectively.
- There are instances when scheduling fails, and administrators are not notified about the same.
- Reporting and analytics features are limited and can be improved.
Verified Sendible User
The Reporting section has quite a bit of bugs, mainly for Google Analytics connections. Not quite sure if Sendible is to blame or the API to google, but our reports tend to not pull 50% of the time. Sometimes the integrations don’t work 100%. Instagram often doesn’t pull featured images even when fetched. Hashtags sometimes run together after they’re added to various services.
eClincher is an amazing social media posting tool that helps businesses increase their social media ROI. eClincher supports all major social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google My Business, and Youtube. It is suitable for individuals and small teams. It also provides RSS feed integration for easy content sharing capabilities. What sets it apart from other social media posting apps is its inbuilt library of images, so you don’t need to design a creative each time you share social media posts.
- eClincher has monitoring and listening features which are helpful for branding at large.
- eClincher has impressive customer support, which is prompt at solving issues and taking feedback.
I liked the simplicity of the platform and the social features that were available at the time.
- Scheduling posts is a clunky feature of eClincher.
- It lacks intuitive bulk uploading features.
Verified eClincher User
We loved using Eclincher until we got to the point where we were managing over 50+ profiles. Once we got to that point, the system was always buggy, and the support started to lack. We’d have problems and issues, and support couldn’t help us out. Most times, it felt like we’d ask them something, and they couldn’t comprehend what the issue was; it was kind of frustrating.
Planable is a well-known social media posting tool that is preferred by solo marketers as well as agencies for its visually-oriented planning and collaborative capabilities. Being a social media pro, Planable will prove to be a great asset to you, managing an array of all the major social channels which you would need to cover for your brand. These channels include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Linkedin, Youtube, Google Business, and Pinterest.
Collaboration on the tool is a breeze with approval workflow being facilitated for any content being scheduled from here.
- The content calendar provides an integrated space for visualizing the content strategy for a whole month
- Internal communication is streamlined with the collaboration features within the tool
- Engaging and intuitive UI design.
The ease of set up, very intuitive user interface, very helpful and quick to respond support team. Great for freelancers or agencies with different clients.
- Advanced features like analytics and social listening are lacking
- Not much customization options are available in the bulk posting feature
Verified eClincher User
Features are very limited, you can only schedule and approve or comment. Would like analytics, space to chat with my client, etc.
As a social media marketing team, your ultimate aim is to effectively manage your brands’ social presence and drive organic traffic to your website. You should be able to post across multiple social media platforms without spending too much time on each platform. For this, you need a robust solution that is easy on your pocket without compromising on features.
Out of all the tools, SocialPilot seemed to be the best fit overall. You can try it out for free to know better!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I post to social media all at once?
There are some great apps for social media posts that will help you post and schedule to multiple social media platforms all at once. Some of the best social media posting tools are:
- Sprout Social
Which app for social media posting is best for small businesses?
SocialPilot is one of the most affordable and easy-to-use social media posting tools that perfectly fits a small business.
- It’s super cost-effective, starting at $25.5/month.
- You can analyze, schedule, report, collaborate with your team all from one dashboard.
- Their customer support is 24×5 available to get your queries solved via phone/chat/email.
- They offer a 14-day free trial with a live tour of the product.
What is a social media scheduling tool?
A social media scheduling tool is an automation tool that helps you schedule social media posts for multiple social media accounts ahead of time. You can’t be active by yourself on social media all the time, so using a social media scheduler helps you to be proactive.
How do I make a social media schedule?
You can make a social media schedule using a content calendar. Most social posting tools have a content calendar and scheduler already.
How often should you post to social media?
Different social media platforms have different posting frequencies. But it is best to post daily on every social media channel, except for Twitter. Twitter is a demanding platform and requires 2-5 tweets daily for projecting a decent performance.
What is the best social media posting app among SocialPilot, Hootsuite, and Buffer?
SocialPilot proves to be the best social media management app covering all areas like advance post scheduling, social media analytics and reporting, Facebook ad management, bulk scheduling, and much more.
About the Author