Part 1: How to Become an Influencer & Social Media Rock Star
Gary Bizzo, a business startup, marketing, and branding specialist, and CEO of Bizzo Management Group, joins Tejas Mehta to discuss the evolution of digital and influencer marketing and how to become a Social Media Rock Star.
Gary has an international reputation as an agent of change using social media. He has thirty years of experience working with small to medium businesses and has coached and mentored more than 1000 businesses.
As a brand influencer, Gary has worked for many corporations, including Microsoft, PayPal, and 3M. He is also the author of ‘How to Start a Successful Business – the First Time’ and ‘Social Media Rockstar: Social Media Marketing for Entrepreneurs and Business.
- 3:50 – 4:41 – The Evolution of Marketing – Digital marketing is vital for today’s business world. But traditional marketing is the basis for digital marketing, which goes back to understanding your customer, learning about their problems, and adapting to them. From this foundation digital smoothly transitioned into an easy way to help people because it’s immediate.
- 4:41 – 7:33 – A Proper Marketing Approach – Every marketer should run an A/B testing campaign to determine which ad would go to the customer they are looking for. After setting up the right demographic, understand their pain points and needs and balance between information and a sales pitch. Inform people and let them decide what is valuable for them.
- 9:10 – 10:23 – How Influencer Marketing Changes the Game – An influencer could be someone who has reached the pinnacle in their career or business and they are renowned for their expertise. The other side is lifestyle influencers who have pushed content out so much that people look to them for product choices. And the trend is also moving to micro and nano influencers.
- 10:23 – 12:00 – Looking for the Right Influencer – An influencer should suit the lifestyle of your brand and audience. If you are a small brand, look for a micro or nano influencer who is well-known to a specific audience and engages well with them.
- 13:13 – 15:50 – Becoming a Social Media Rock Star – Content brings followers. You have to create relevant and meaningful content for the demographic that you have identified.
Part 2: Marketing Empathy, Storytelling & Community Engagement
Gary Bizzo, a business startup, marketing, and branding specialist, and CEO of Bizzo Management Group, joins Tejas Mehta to discuss the importance of empathy, storytelling, and community engagement in marketing and future marketing trends.
- 2:37 – 3:54 – Leveraging Video Marketing – Video marketing comes down to content and community engagement. Your content should be relevant to your audience and engage with people adequately.
- 3:55 – 5:38 – Online Community Engagement – The time for pushing ads is gone. It is time for community engagement, where the brand is seen as ethical and authentic. So if you want to engage any community, you have to be sincere and have a product that is relatable to them. For example, millennials value brands that give back to the community.
- 5:38 – 7:00 – Empathy and Storytelling – Empathy comes with knowing what hurts people, what their pain points are, and understanding the issues that each of them faces. So this goes back to the marketing fundamentals, understanding people’s pain and then understanding your customers. And if you get these two aspects, then be authentic about your storytelling.
- 9:05 – 10:45 – New Brands Mistakes – Some brands develop a product they don’t know if anybody wants because they think it’s a good product. The second mistake some brands make is overcomplicating their marketing efforts by diving into the technical aspects of the products rather than how they might help your customer.