Part 1: The Art of LinkedIn, a LinkedIn Expert at Talk to Heidi
In Part 1 of this episode, Heidi Medina joins Tejas Mehta to discuss LinkedIn winning strategies and trends, how to build an engaging and supportive network, and how brands can leverage organic content.
Heidi has over twenty-five years of experience as a business owner and business coach, specializing in organic marketing. She also has over ten years of experience creating and implementing content and social media management/marketing strategies for Fortune 500 companies.
Heidi is a Digital Marketing Strategist, Content and Business Coach, and LinkedIn Expert at Talk to Heidi, which provides training and instruction for helping coaches, creatives, and service-based entrepreneurs build engaged audiences of their ideal clients online.
- 4:51 – 6:05 – Building a LinkedIn Network – Your efforts should be deliberate, slow, and focused. So start with a plan and understand what goal you want to achieve. Then you decide who the right people are and connect with peers who support you and whom you like to talk to or hear from.
6:14 – 8:21 – Engaging With Your Ideal Customer – Start creating content that attracts and speaks directly to your ideal customer. Reach out to them by commenting on their posts or sending connections to get that conversation going. You can build that relationship as long as you do it deliberately and with the right people. Then even the algorithms will start helping you by showing you more of the right people in your feed, making it easier to connect with them. LinkedIn engagement resumes building beneficial relationships for both you and your customer. And because you’re adding value, your peers are gonna show up and comment on your stuff, adding value to you, and they’re probably gonna find some of their ideal clients with you as well.
8:21 – 10:08 – Personal Branding – Two to three years ago, LinkedIn was a male-dominated platform. There weren’t as many women there, and they played by the rules that the majority of men set. But in reality, women’s marketing is more visual and includes more selfies and personal content. And that is what we observed recently on LinkedIn. People bring their personal branding.
11:51 – 13:23 – LinkedIn Growth for Smaller Brands – Big corporations will always win with bigger budgets. But LinkedIn ads aren’t as popular yet. And if you want to grow organically, you must be consistent, post regularly, and engage with people.
Part 2: Design a Meaningful LinkedIn Marketing Strategy by Cutting Out the BS
In Part 2 of this episode, Heidi Medina joins Tejas Mehta to share her thoughts on LinkedIn’s underused features, how to build an email list from social media, and the future of social media.
- 0:26 – 2:00 – LinkedIn Articles Benefits – If you write a blog post, put it on your website, but don’t promote it, you will not see reach. You have to promote your LinkedIn article in your social content. The big advantage to using articles is they stay there. Most of the content you post will be gone in twenty-four to forty-eight hours. So within an article, it goes there and stays. If somebody goes and looks at your profile, they can click on your articles and read them. Also, people can find those articles outside of LinkedIn and be able to log in and go read them.
- 2:00 – 3:55 – Repurposing Content – Repurposing content from other platforms on LinkedIn is a good way of increasing engagement, especially with TikTok videos or reels. These types of videos serve as entertainment, which people enjoy. At the same time, it still provides value.
- 4:40 – 5:37 – LinkedIn Underused Features – Using SEO in your profile is one of the most underestimated features people overlook. One of the biggest features people miss out on using is they don’t realize LinkedIn and other social media platforms are search engines within themselves. So if you don’t optimize for them, it reduces your visibility and ability to even get seen and found.
- 5:37 – 7:29 – Rented Versus Owned Audience – The advantage of your email list is that it’s a more concentrated audience, which means people are more interested in hearing what you’re gonna say compared to LinkedIn, where you put out a post. But you need social media to get in front of people, build credibility, ignite interest, and build that email list. Then you need to nurture that email list.