Over one-third of people on the internet are watching YouTube videos every day.
That’s over a whopping one billion users.
With such a larger and diversified user base that YouTube enjoys, it has become an excellent platform for brands to strengthen their online presence.
But what if you could boost up your growth with YouTube Analytics tools?
Do you know what it takes to make the most out of a fantastic platform like YouTube?
You might think by creating engaging YouTube videos, right?
That’s 100% correct.
But there’s more to the story.
A lot goes into creating valuable video content.
From video script writing to shooting the video, from equipment to video editing, you secretly pray that it goes viral after hitting the upload button.
But what if it doesn’t?
Would you stop creating content?
The solution is to optimize your previous performance with the help of the right tools.
And those tools are none other than YouTube Analytics tools.
YouTube Analytics tools help you dive deeper in knowing about your potential audience by showcasing valuable insights such as:
- Impression, CTA, and various others
If we boil it down, you can analyze and understand how your content is performing, what is working and what isn’t, and plan what to do to improve the metrics.
That’s what optimization is all about.
So which tool should you use to analyze your YouTube performance?
Which tool can help you monitor things better?
Well, there are tons of analytics tools available out there, but in this post, we’ll highlight our top 10.
Best YouTube Analytics Tools for your Team in 2021
Disclaimer: Please don’t consider the order in which we present the tools to be our order of preference. The list is random, and you should check out the tools yourself to decide which one works the best for you.
Table of Contents
- YouTube Analytics Tool – YouTube Analytics
- YouTube Analytics Tool – Unmetric
- YouTube Analytics Tool – Vidooly
- YouTube Analytics Tool – ChannelMeter
- YouTube Analytics Tool – UnboxSocial
- YouTube Analytics Tool – Tubular Labs
- YouTube Analytics Tool – Quintly
- YouTube Analytics Tool – TubeBuddy
- YouTube Analytics Tool – Socialbakers
- YouTube Analytics Tool – ViralStat
YouTube Analytics Tool – YouTube Analytics
First on the list is what YouTube provides you as a default analytics tool for free.
YouTube offers a native analytics tool that can be highly beneficial for beginner-level monitoring. You can access all the primary-level analytics that can help you analyze how your content is performing. You can also generate interaction reports, watch time reports, and earn reports using YouTube Studio. All these reports help you analyze your channel and even individual videos.
You can set metric settings according to your requirement to view the data.
YouTube Analytics helps you answer queries like:
- What’s the age of the viewers watching your video?
- How long have they watched your video?
- What are the sources your videos are driving traffic from?
All the answers will help you plan a better YouTube strategy for growing your channel.
- The highlight of using YouTube Analytics is that it’s free of cost
- It has a simple and easy-to-use interface which makes it easy to navigate even if you are a beginner
- You can make all the data available offline as spreadsheets
- Apart from the real-time section, every other metric has a 2-day delay
- It’s not effective if you have a small subscriber base
- Some of the content creators are not aware of this tool; therefore they don’t take any advantage of YouTube Analytics
YouTube Analytics Tool – Unmetric
Unmetric is a powerful Artificial Intelligence-based YouTube Analytics tool. It helps to monitor your YouTube marketing strategies and analyze the success towards your goals. One of the significant features of Unmetric is that it helps you understand competitors, peers, and partners using YouTube.You can evaluate the effectiveness of multiple and creative video content approaches. You can monitor your hashtags, see how many times people viewed your videos. It also calculates a custom engagement rate on its own based on your customer base and engagements.
- It’s AI-driven which enables it to process raw data more effectively
- It provides excellent customer support if you have any troubles using the platform
- The tool is user friendly and has no complex features
- It’s not free, and even the pricing information is not public
- It lacks a comprehensive database
- Sometimes you can face difficulties using the tool, like the tool might crash or stop working
YouTube Analytics Tool – Vidooly
Vidooly is another powerful analytics/ROI tracking tool for your YouTube campaigns. It has features like competitor tracking, suggestions, video tags, comment management, best upload time, subscribe behavior analysis, and various others. It also helps you find the right hashtags for better hashtag marketing for your brand. You can make use of all these features to solidify your YouTube marketing campaigns and outshine your competition. If you implement all the practical suggestions given by this tool, you can seriously increase your user base and, ultimately, your engagements. You can have access to its premium features by paying USD 9 per month.
- It has its keyword research tool, which can enhance your SEO reach
- You can track your subscriber’s activities and see what other type of content they consume on YouTube
- You can access better-performing tags for your metadata
- Comment management helps you to handle negative comments
- You’ll get a free trial, but you won’t get access to any free version
- There is no support if you face any difficulties
YouTube Analytics Tool – ChannelMeter
ChannelMeter is one of the high-performance analytics tools that have a comprehensive dashboard. You can gain valuable insights regarding your audience, and this tool helps monitor your overall channel and individual video performance. This tool also helps you to track influencers’ activity so that you can also add new ideas to your strategy. ChannelMeter helps to generate reports quickly and in real-time. Its intuitive analytics help to simplify complex data for your ease. You can also keep track of your YouTube revenue daily, weekly, or monthly using this tool. And the best feature of this tool is benchmarking, using which you can analyze your performance against others in the industry.
- A lot of information is available on the dashboard with interactive graphs and charts
- You can figure out loopholes quickly with its benchmark feature
- You can do a smarter, easier analysis and categorization of your channel or video data
- It can be difficult for a beginner to use this advanced analytics platform
- You don’t get any free access to the tool
YouTube Analytics Tool – UnboxSocial
UnboxSocial is a versatile tool that tracks your YouTube campaigns. With this tool, you can figure out the best time to publish content on your YouTube channel. Apart from that, here are some essential features of this tool:
- Video shares
- Retention rates
- Subscriber’s growth rate,
among other features.
This tool gives particular importance to the demographic section so that you can access detailed user insights like:
You can also find out the presence and position of your competitors with this tool.
Moreover, you can download all the analysis reports in PPT, XLS, and PDF formats.
- You can completely re-strategize your YouTube campaign if your videos are not doing great
- You’ll have the backing of an effective chat support team of UnboxSocial
- They provide no free version
- They do not make pricing public
- The platform is not accessible on mobile
YouTube Analytics Tool – Tubular Labs
Tubular Labs is an interactive analytics tool that can help you analyze and measure trend opportunities for your better performance. You can improve your video content strategies with the help of its video intelligence feature.
This tool also helps you find and filter out videos that match your business needs so that you can learn from them. It has features like video duration analysis, genre analysis, and format analysis which sets it apart from the rest of the analytic tools. It has two versions available, Pro at USD 17 per month and Enterprise at USD 36 per month.
- You can access the audience insight feature to know in-depth details about your audience
- An abundance of data is available related to your YouTube campaign
- Quick turnaround of extensive sets of data
- Its pricing is on the expensive side
- It has a two-seat minimum requirement
YouTube Analytics Tool – Quintly
Quintly can manage multiple channels on YouTube. This tool is simple to navigate and is very user-friendly. Even toggling through various aspects in its dashboard is relatively smooth. You can easily access multiple reports based on different metrics to improve your YouTube campaign strategy. If you want to make the reports available offline, you can also export the data in PDF, CSV, XLS, or JPG format. Its pricing starts from USD 69, but its free trial version is also available.
- You can customize your dashboard using desired KPIs
- It is excellent for benchmarking
- It’s super easy to use and navigate
- It doesn’t provide an in-depth analysis
- Sometimes the system looks tiresome handling swap commands
YouTube Analytics Tool – TubeBuddy
TubeBuddy is specifically designed keeping in mind all the YouTube guidelines. This tool helps you to curate your video content. It also enables you to create engaging titles, descriptions and helps you with your meta tags. With the help of TubeBuddy, you can create videos that align with your brand’s goals and target audience. Its pricing starts from USD 7.20 per month to USD 39.20 per month.
- It has a compelling visual data presentation
- Excellent customer support with options like email, Twitter, FAQ, and phone
- Tools like integrations and bulk processing for time-saving
- A/B testing is limited
- You might get confused with the accessibility and navigation
- Dashboard presentation gets tricky while using a YouTube page
YouTube Analytics Tool – Socialbakers
Socialbakers has three outstanding features which separate it from the rest of the analytics tools. The first one is its content intelligence tool. This feature allows you to figure out the right time to post your video for your target audience. The second feature is its social media monitoring. The insights it gathers from unique sources are very accurate. The third is its advanced audience analytics. From location to gender, it provides all the information related to the audience. The price for 20 profiles is approximately USD 365 annually.
- It has an excellent reporting system which enables to export data easily
- The results are more accurate compared to other analytics tools
- It’s easy to swap profiles
- The engagement rate metric is not accurate
- Cannot schedule a video using the scheduling tool
- The price can be on the expensive side
YouTube Analytics Tool – ViralStat
It is one of the most effective tools for YouTube analysis. It not only focuses on competitor research but also helps you analyze your videos effectively. You can strategize your YouTube content to get higher engagements and perform better against your competition. It’s dynamic, easy-to-navigate , and an efficient tool.
ViralStat offers 4 price brackets:
- Basic: USD 29 per month
- Professional: USD 99 per month
- Corporate: USD 299 per month
- Enterprise: USD 799 per month
- It lists out all the trending videos in your niche for content ideas
- You can easily understand the overall working of the tool
- It offers a free trial and also a free demo version
- Its most ideal plan, which is the corporate plan, is on the expensive side
Wrapping It Up
Making use of the analytics tools can transform your YouTube campaign for sure.
All these tools will help you to:
- Know your audience well
- Keep a check on your YouTube marketing campaigns
- Know what’s working for your audience, and what’s not
- How to better your content and keep up with the trends
Monitoring these aspects will help you optimize your campaign, boost your social media engagement and increase your subscriber base.
So choose any of these tools according to your experience and requirements.
Make a wise decision and level up your YouTube game.
Frequently Asked Questions
All the listed analytic tools are amongst the top 10, but still, if we choose one having a slight edge over others, we’ll pick UnboxSocial.
Being a beginner, go with the YouTube Studio, which is free of cost and is easy to understand. After you get familiar with using YouTube Studio, you can switch to other advanced tools.
All the paid tools listed have the feature to provide your data offline in PDF or XLS format.
You need to consistently use YouTube analytics tools to keep in touch with your performance on YouTube. Either you can stick to YouTube’s default analytics tool or use a powerful alternative tool for this purpose. But if you want better analytics, you need to use it consistently.
Yes, most of the latest tools are powered with artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies which help you drive more accurate data on your YouTube performance. There might be a few discrepancies sometimes, but the tools will only get better with time.