Content curation is the art of collecting relevant content from various authoritative sources and sharing it with your audience in different formats. Content curation and discovery tools help you in finding relevant content (or content ideas) in the sea of information available on the internet and share it in an engaging manner.
There was a time when getting relevant content was an issue. Now there is the problem of plenty. With the stupendous amount of content available on the internet, the task of selecting the best content for social media marketing has amplified manifold. And the fact that churning out new content regularly can be hefty on the marketing budget of a company. And tedious too.
So, what to do?
The solution is simple. Recycle the best content available using a content curation tool. This content recycling system will save your valuable time, money, and labor that goes into creating and searching for fresh and informative content. Content curation tools offer you great content from other sources to enhance your content marketing strategy, to increase your brand visibility and to boost your SEO ranking.
A mix of 65/35 is the ideal mix for created vs curated content in 2017- up-to-date-research
Let’s have a look on top 6 content curation tools having ability to smooth out your content marketing journey.
If I tell you can get great content for free, would you believe it? Here’s a free content curation and influencer discovery tool for you - ShareIt. Whether you are blogger or a part of any social media team, ShareIt helps you get curated lists of great content that you can use to brainstorm content ideas and share from social accounts.
Just begin typing a keyword. ShareIt will show you a list of keywords, sites and social handles relevant to what you’re typing. Select one and you’ll get a curated list of content pieces across all formats - blogs, videos etc. It also has a separate section - influencers - which provides you with a list of influencers and popular sites relevant to your search.
Let's give it a try.
As you can see, ShareIt also helps you share content from your social accounts using the buttons provided next to each content suggestion.
- Click the ‘influencers shared’ option for a particular content suggestion and you’ll see a list of influencers who’ve shared that content. This helps you determine whether the content is trending and authentic.
- Log in with your Twitter account to get more content suggestions for your searches.
As a blogger, I have always resorted to Buzzsumo for getting some great content that connects well with the audience and has a good reach.
Simply type in a keyword or the domain name and hit enter. You will get a list of the best shareable content on that subject. You can then sort the list using categories like date, content type, view backlinks, follow authors and more. All the articles displayed are already resonating with the audience and hence, is most likely that your target audience will relate well to it.
Let’s check out this example.
I’m looking for an article related to ‘self-driving cars’, here are the results.
The first article displayed is from Techcrunch and has a total of 62k shares. You can get further insights about the sharers, the backlinks, and then analyze whether this kind of post will work for your content marketing strategy.
- Use the ‘Content Research‘ tab to discover hot topics and interact with fans who share your content.
- Set up alerts to notify you when influencers and eminent authors post new content.
It’s a robust automated marketing tool for conducting social media campaigns. SocialPilot also offers excellent content curation services, that too at no extra cost
Socialpilot gives its clients the dual benefit of getting their content marketed at optimum times, while it also provides the content curation features to increase the audience engagement.
Still not convinced?
Then let’s check out how it works….
Socialpilot offers the content curation features right from its dashboard. The content is elaborate, where the user has a wide palette of choices laid out before him. At the same time, the content is divided into specific categories like Business, Travel, Marketing, Music, and tech and anything relevant to your business. Just click on the category and you have an amazing list of blogs at your disposal. The biggest bonus is that Socialpilot offers you content curation features at no extra costs. This is a one-stop shop for all your content marketing activities.
Icing on the cake is you will always be welcomed by evergreen content i.e. content having maximum likes, shares, and comments. This eliminates the need to go in search of content that’s worth sharing.
That’s a win-win situation!
Some useful tips
- Socialpilot has a social media analytics tool which helps in analyzing the post performances. Use it. Ascertain the number of likes, shares, and engagement an individual post gets. The results of the analysis are valuable sources of information which helps you discover the posts that connect well with the audience across various platforms and demographics.
- Use the content discovery tool to churn out the evergreen content. Not only will our audience will love you for sharing those articles, it will further strengthen your relationship bond with your fans and followers.
Keywords are the soul of content marketing. Keeping that in mind, Socialpilot has devised an advanced search where marketers can place keywords relevant to their business and retrieve some amazing articles. You can even experiment by conducting searches by typing the name of your favorite website, author etc. The results obtained are a list of content suggestions that will help you boost your content marketing campaigns.
Social media automation tools like Socialpilot have definitely made content curation simpler!
Flockler filters the content spam and churns out fresh, relevant and informative content to publish in your content hub. It brings your fans, followers and industry experts to you. Flockler also publishes snippets from your social feed alongside all this curated content. You can then analyze the performance of your persuasive content using Google analytics and other powerful social media analytics tools. Companies also keep adding their own social content to inform fans about the company performance and latest happenings.
That is so cool.
You can specify your rules to automatically curate and publish content using the Flockler tool. The idea behind using the tool is to create an unparallel brand experience for your fans and followers. They are fed with useful and rich content which compels them to come back for more.
Get a detailed data of industry insights, latest research, trending topics and excellent content from all over the internet using Trapit. Further, Trapit even organizes the curated data into topic-specific categories, for immediate reference and study. With Trapit, you can curate any amount of content as you want to attain the best available content. This app gets more intelligent with every search and you can then use the ‘trapped’ data for better engagement across all social media networks. The company claims that the ‘traps’ or pieces of content are a result of superior content creation technology which uses A.I. and handcrafted curation techniques.
- Use Trapit to guide company employees to follow the best social media strategies while enabling them to build relationships with fans and targeting audience to engage in social selling.
- Trapit provides your employees with pre-approved data, hence you can staying in control of the messages they share. Launching an employee advocacy programs make the content look authentic and trustworthy.
It’s your Pocket to store a substantial amount of relevant content which you can use at a later date!
Consider this situation:
You have sent yourself numerous emails with links and a list of bookmarks, which becomes cumbersome to maintain. With pocket, you can do away with this mess and organize all your images, articles, and videos and keep it in a central place for reference. The website of ‘pocket’ is extremely user-friendly and the built-in search feature facilitates speedy searching of articles. Group your articles with tags for easy identification of articles with specific topics.
When you come across something that you like, click the Pocket plugin button and the content gets stored in your account. You can use the tool across several platforms. Whether you find the content on your computer or mobile, it all gets stored in the same place.
Pocket is simple to use content curation tool for beginners and startups that are looking for a viable solution for their content marketing strategies.
Curata is a great tool for enterprises with a lot of content needs. It helps you at every stage of content marketing - right from curating relevant content for you to helping you share it on your social. It’s intelligent content curation software (CCS) crowdsources content from various platforms like websites, blogs, social media, etc.
Moreover, Curata allows you to customize the content before you share - enabling you to add your own voice to the content and using relevant royalty-free images while sharing it.
- Add your team so you can share their content suggestions with the team and contribute to the content curation process.
- While surfing the internet, use its browser plugin to immediately add content to your curated lists.
- Use its built-in blog publishing capabilities and marketing integrations to share content to your social, in your emails, etc.
As their brand statement says - what good is content if no one sees it? That’s the best part about Triberr. This tool is great for bloggers, influencers, and small businesses looking to build an audience through content marketing. Triberr helps you find content, curate it, promote it, and see if its helping you achieve your goals.
Think of these ‘tribes’ as groups of people who are interested in and follow a particular kind of content - fashion blogs, cooking videos, finance tips, automobile industry updates, etc. You can be a part of one or multiple tribes.
- Use Triberr’s analytics to see who likes and shares your content consistently.
- Triberr’s ‘queue’ feature helps you set schedules for your social media posts and share content automatically as per the schedules. So, use it to promote your content.
- Use ‘tribes’ to get more people to read or view your content.
List.ly helps you curate content in the form of lists which you can later publish or update on your WordPress site and share to social. It has a website app and iOS app to help you create lists on-the-go. Also, its chrome extension and bookmarklet help you add content to your lists from anywhere on the internet.
- Publish lists on a site and encourage people to suggest content to be added to it and vote for their favorite content in the list. This works similar to content shared on social media platforms.
- Categorize your audience’s interests by adding different lists for each topic - places list, apps list, book list, products list, people lists, etc.
If you are a marketer, you would know that keeping up with the latest news in your industry, follow what experts are saying, and track trending content on social. For a busy marketer, checking various sources for this purpose becomes a difficult task. Hence, Feedly collects content from your favorite sources and displays it for you to consume in an effortless manner.
Feedly helps you organize content from publications, tweets, YouTube channels, RSS feeds, blogs, and also for certain keywords.
- Organize all your content in different categories of interest - say fashion, travel, food, etc.
- If you don’t have time to read or view the content at that instance, just mark it ‘read for later’. You’ll then be able to find this content easily.
- Share your boards with your team members to curate content, comment on it, and prioritize it.
Whether you are a professional or heading a small business, Scoop.it helps you aggregate relevant content on your website, publish it, and share it on your social. If you employ content marketing to achieve your goals, this tool will help in every aspect of it.
Scoop.it helps you create newsletters in minutes to promote your content and share third-party content.
- If you head a small business, you can use Scoop.it to distribute content among your team members in the form of emails or just share it with them.
- Create a content hub where you can automatically publish content and share it with your readers or viewers.
Social media managers should leverage the benefits of content marketing tools to create a strong presence on social media and increase engagement. With experience and careful analysis of the performance of your existing content, I’m sure you will engineer a strong content recycling system for your content marketing.
Do you use content curation tool which isn’t listed here? Don’t forget to share it in below given comment box. My readers would like to know about tools that make your marketing easier to execute.