Shocking as it may sound, brands have not been using Snapchat to its full potential.
Unbelievable, isn’t it?
However, content marketing on Snapchat follows a different approach than other platforms.
If you want to relish higher engagement rates, focus on creating exclusive content for your followers, giving them a sneak peek of your unpolished version.
And how would you do that?
By sharing ultra-personalized content and weaving stories with snaps! Add text, stickers, format style, and keep experimenting with your campaigns on Snapchat.
Another remarkable thing to note is Snapchat’s response to TikTok, the Snapchat Spotlight program. If your marketing plan does not include Spotlight, it is time to restrategize. Similar to TikTok and Reels, Spotlight lets you create 60-second videos complete with the trademark filters and lens from Snapchat.
This is good news for brands and creators because submitting your snaps to the Spotlight allows you to monetize every view.
If it is not already part of your marketing strategy, these Snapchat statistics will perhaps convince you otherwise.
Snapchat Demographics Statistics
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms with more than 500 million users. India alone has 116 million users, followed by the U.S., France, and the U.K. The platform has around 42 million Gen Z users, with more than 80% of users aged 18-34!
Interesting, right? Here are some more Snapchat statistics on demographics.
- Snapchat has over 538 million users, as per Statista.
- There are over 306 million daily active users of Snapchat.
- India has over 116 million active Snapchatters.
- The U.S. population accounts for 106.2 million active users, followed by France(24.1 million) and the United Kingdom(20.1 million).
- Snapchat has 42 million Gen Z users.
- More than 80% of users are in the age group of 13-34.
- 54.4% of Snapchat users are female, and 44.6% of users are male.
Snapchat Usage Statistics
Snapchat witnesses massive usage each day. More than 5 billion snaps are created daily on Snapchat, which is a 25% growth year on year. 76% of Snapchatters even engage with AR daily, so ensure to add campaigns around AR filters. Around 200 million Snapchat users also use Snap Maps each month to find their friends. Here are some of the exciting Snapchat statistics on user behavior.
- The average snaps created daily was over 5+ billion.
- The daily snap creation witnessed a growth of 25% year on year.
- On average, Snapchatters spend over 30 minutes on Snapchat every day.
- 76% of Snapchat’s daily active users engage with augmented reality.
- The average time spent on the app is 28 minutes.
- About 2.1 million snaps are created every minute on Snapchat.
- 46% of Americans open the Snapchat app multiple times a day.
- Snapchat scored 72 out of 100 points on a consumer satisfaction scale.
- 200 million Snapchatters use Snap Maps every month to locate their friends.
- Snapchat sees an average of +500M minutes of AR playtime daily.
Snapchat Engagement Statistics
Snapchat isn’t filled with flimsy noise and fluff. Users select what they want to see and with whom to interact with. No wonder why its engagement rate is 80%.
Video is another popular content format that aids in these stellar metrics. Also, 60% of Snapchat users create new content on the app every day.
You can even invite further interaction with swipe links. As per Snapchat stats, the swipe-up rate is 5x higher than normal social media click-through rates.
Have a look at Snapchat stats on engagement to understand what kind of interaction you should expect on the platform.
- Snapchat’s engagement rate is 80%.
- Videos posted on Snapchat reached 18 billion daily views.
- The longest Snapchat streak was recorded to 2089+ snaps.
- 57% of the total content shared on Snapchat is videos.
- 70% of Gen Z in the U.S. has watched the news on Discover content on Snapchat. There is an 80% increase in SportsCenter viewership from last quarter too.
- 50 million Snapchatters watch TV content each month.
- More than 70% of Gen Z watch Snap Originals.
- 60% of Snapchat users create new content on the app every day.
- Snapchat users created more than 1.5 million lenses with Lens Studio to date.
- Snapchat’s swipe-up rate is 5x higher than normal social media click-through rates.
- Snapchat saw a 50% rise in video calls.
- 100 million+ Snapchatters play snap games.
- Snapchatters are spending 25% more time than usual playing with lenses.
- Snapchat confirms increased engagement on ads, with a 36% increase in install volume for app ads and a 19% increase in swipe-up rate overall.
Snapchat Business Statistics
The Snapchat network has crossed revenue of more than a billion dollars, with more than 60% of the businesses actively using the platform.
Another reason why the platform has been enticing business growth over the years is because of its Gen Z-centric user base.
Gen Z and millennials have direct spending of around a trillion dollars through Snapchat! Insane, isn’t it? Check out some of the most influential business Snapchat statistics from here.
- Snapchat crossed revenue of $1 billion.
- The average revenue per Snapchat user is $1.91.
- 32.7% of U.S. marketers are on Snapchat.
- 64% of businesses are on Snapchat.
- 34% of teenagers consider Snapchat as their preferred app in the U.S.
- The direct spending of millennials and Gen Z through Snapchat is around $1 trillion.
- 76% of Snapchatters make their purchases online every holiday season.
- Snapchat users are 60% more likely to make impulse purchases.
- Snapchatters are 20% more likely to make purchases on mobile.
- Snapchatters use apps to make purchases at least once a month.
- 4 out of 10 Snapchatters said they discovered a brand via celebrity endorsements.
- More than 1 out of 5 Snapchat users bought a product they discovered on Snapchat.
- 35% of Snapchatters send snaps about products they’re interested in buying.
- Geofilter shared to a national audience can reach 40-60% of the daily Snapchat users.
- 80% of users use Snapchat at a restaurant, 66% while shopping and 50% use Snapchat at the gym.
Snapchat Ads Insights
More than 57% of businesses post video ads on the platform. Did you know, unlike Facebook, more than 60% of the snap ads are viewed with sound on? So if you are reeling on some video content for Snapchat, don’t forget to add some beats that your viewers can reminisce about later.
But why is advertising on Snapchat beneficial? Apparently, marketers can reach 8.8% of the 13+ age group worldwide with Snapchat. Have a glance at more of Snapchat stats on ads.
- Marketers on Snapchat can reach 8.8% of the 13+ age group population with adverts, as per Data Reportal.
- 54.4% of ad audiences are female, and 44.6% are male.
- Quarter-on-quarter change of Snapchat’s advertising reach is +4.7%.
- Snapchat global advertising revenue is predicted to reach $2.62 billion.
- 64% of Snap Ads are viewed with sound on.
- 55% of Gen Z have an ad recall after watching 0 to 2 seconds of a Snapchat ad.
- Snapchat ads were seen to capture 2x the attention of users compared to Facebook.
- Snapchat Sponsored Lenses are predicted to reach 16 million daily viewers.
- Snapchat Discover Ads start at $50,000 daily.
- Sponsored lenses on Snapchat cost from $600,000 to $750,000 per day.
- Snapchat Ads are available for $3000 per month.
- Users engage with Snapchat ads at an average time of 30 seconds.
- 57% of all brand posts are video ads.
Snapchat Top Brands
Snapchat doesn’t have a like or follower metric for public display. So how do you know if your brand is performing well?
You can take some cues from these top brands’ Snapchat statistics to determine your key performance indicators. These are helpful to understand and inspect ROI from your efforts on Snapchat.
- Boombit witnessed a 2.8x increase in installs after scaling the Snap SKAN campaign.
- L’Oreal Paris Mascara witnessed a 9pt lift in recommendation intent among Gen Z females.
- Walmart observed a 7pt lift in brand awareness and a 9pt lift in the brand association.
- RBX achieves a 9X return on advertising spend on men’s sneakers.
- Hershey had 1 million earned impressions and a 29pt lift in ad awareness of their multi-product campaign on Snapchat.
If you haven’t yet included Snapchat in your marketing arsenal, it’s time to rethink and experiment. In order to do that, you first need to convert your account to a Snapchat business account.
Once everything is set, you can select audience preferences and target the sect that is most likely to convert. You can even make use of lookalike audiences, Snapchatters who follow brands similar to yours.
While you experiment with Snapchat, automate your other social media marketing activities. You can use a tool like SocialPilot that lets you plan your calendar well in advance with scheduling options. You can even analyze your performance on more than 8 platforms.
Take its free 14-day trial to elevate your social marketing.