While some critics are busy forecasting the demise of Snapchat, the platform is booming with the GenZ crowd, adamant about keeping their streaks alive.
Even with the unstable balance sheets, Snapchat has managed to keep 363 million daily active users, which is clearly far from being “dead.”
Brands looking to get hold of the younger generation must pay attention to Snapchat. A much bigger mistake – using the platform without getting acquainted with the recent Snapchat statistics.
Snapchat has all the bells and whistles to get your brand engaged with its amazing user-generating content-creating community.
With its ephemeral story feature, AR filters, and TikTok similar to Snapchat Spotlight feature, you can relish higher engagement rates by creating Ulta-personalized content on the platform.
Sounds interesting! But is Snapchat the right platform for your brand?
To understand that, familiarize yourself with the platform by understanding the latest Snapchat statistics.
Snapchat Demographics Statistics
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms, with more than 500 million monthly active users and 363 million daily active users. India alone has 144.35 million users, followed by the U.S., France, and the U.K.
If you are targeting the younger demographics of the U.S., then Pinterest is good news! In the United States, the 15-25 age group represents the largest portion of Snapchat users at 48%.
Interesting, right? Here are some more Snapchat statistics on demographics.
- Snapchat daily active users have increased by 19% year-over-year to 363 million.
- Snapchat has over 557 million monthly active users, as per Statista
- 1.4% of internet users ages 16 to 64 call Snapchat their favorite social media app.
- Snapchat is the world’s 12th most popular social media platform.
- As of April 2022, India boasts the largest Snapchat user base, with a total of 144.35 million users.
- Females make up 52.9% of Snapchat’s global user base.
- In the United States, the 15-25 age group represents the largest portion of Snapchat users at 48%.
- Users between the ages of 26-35 make up 30% of the platform’s user base, while those between 36-45 represent 18%, ages 46-55 make up 11%, and users 56 and above make up just 5%.
Snapchat Usage Statistics
Snapchat witnesses massive usage each day. More than 2 million snaps are sent every minute on the platform.
Snapchat is hugely popular for its use of augmented reality (AR) filters. Thanks to the new AR features like Snap Map and World Lenses, the majority of users (63%) spend their time using augmented reality (AR) filters on the platfrom.
So don’t forget to make campaigns around AR filters!
Here are some of the exciting Snapchat statistics on user behavior.
- The average user devotes 21 minutes per day and 3 hours per month to using the Snapchat platform.
- People who use Snapchat open the app 30 time a day.
- 4 Billion+ snaps are sent every day on the platform.
- A majority of Snapchat’s daily active users, 63%, use augmented reality (AR) filters.
- It is reported that an average of 5+ billion snaps are created on the platform daily.
- 82% of American teenagers use Snapchat at least once a month.
- The Snap Map feature on Snapchat is used by over 250 million users on a monthly basis.
Snapchat Engagement Statistics
Snapchat isn’t filled with flimsy noise and fluff. Users select what they want to see and with whom to interact. No wonder why its customer satisfaction rating is 70
Snapchat Spotlight is another popular content format businesses can’t ignore. More than 300 million users interact with Spotlight content each month.
You can even invite further interaction with swipe links. As per Snapchat stats, the swipe-up rate is 5x higher than normal social media click-through rates.
Have a look at Snapchat stats on engagement to understand what kind of interaction you should expect on the platform.
- The number of Snap Stories that include music has increased by more than 3X.
- Since January 2021, over 250 million Snapchat users have been using AR shopping Lenses.
- Snapchat received a customer satisfaction rating of 70 in the United States.
- More than 300 million users interact with Spotlight content each month.
- Snapchat says the total time spent viewing Spotlight content has increased by 55% year-over-year.
- The daily average time spent by Snapchat users aged 35 and older engaging with Shows and Publisher content has increased by over 40% compared to the previous year.
- More than 300 million Snapchat users interact with Snap Map each month.
- The longest Snapchat streak was recorded for 2794+ snaps.
- Snapchat’s swipe-up rate is 5x higher than normal social media click-through rates.
Snapchat Business Statistics
The Snapchat network has reached a revenue of more than a billion dollars, with more than 35 million businesses actively using the platform.
Another reason why the platform has been enticing business growth over the years is because of its Gen Z-centric user base. Retailers can make the most out of the impulsive buying nature of the younger demographics on Snapchat.
Gen Z and millennials have direct spending of around a trillion dollars through Snapchat! Insane, isn’t it? Check out some of the most influential business Snapchat statistics from here.
- Snap generated $1.13 billion in revenue for the quarter, a 6% increase from the previous year, with a significant portion coming from the US market.
- Friends of Snapchat users have 4X more influence on their purchasing decisions compared to celebrities or influencers.
- Snapchat+ subscriptions have over 1.5 million paying subscribers
- Snapchat users are 60% more likely to make impulse purchases.
- Together, Millennials and Gen Zs have a spending power of over $1 trillion, and Snapchat’s user base has a combined spending power of $4.4 trillion.
- Snapchat users are 60% more likely to make impulse purchases.
- 39% of Snapchat users consult with friends and family before making purchases.
- Snapchat users are 2X more likely to share their purchases with others.
- Snapchat accounts for less than 2% of the US digital advertising market.
Snapchat Ads Insights
Snapchat has great potential to make your business visible. More than 57% of businesses post video ads on the platform.
And 64% of users watch those ads on Snapchat with the sound on. So if you are reeling on some video content for Snapchat, don’t forget to add some beats that your viewers can reminisce about later.
But why is advertising on Snapchat beneficial? Apparently, marketers can reach 39% of the 18-24 age group worldwide with Snapchat. Have a glance at more of Snapchat stats on ads.
- Snapchat has the potential to reach 557.1 million people through advertising.
- Gen Z users show a 59% advertising recall after engaging with an advertisement for two seconds or less.
- 39% of Snapchat’s advertising target audience is within the age range of 18-24.
- 64% of users watch ads on Snapchat with the sound on.
- As of 2022, 54.4% of Snapchat’s advertising audience is female, and 44.6% is male.
- More than 57% of businesses post video ads on the platform.
- It is estimated that Snapchat will generate $5.87 billion in advertising revenue by 2026.
- As of July 2022, the number of users marketers can reach with ads on Snapchat increased by 27 million (+4.7%) in three months.
- Snapchat’s advertising audience reach has grown by 20% over the past 12 months.
Interesting Read: Must-try Snapchat hacks for marketers in 2022
If you haven’t yet included Snapchat in your marketing arsenal, it’s time to rethink and experiment. In order to do that, you first need to convert your account to a Snapchat business account.
Once everything is set, you can select audience preferences and target the sector that is most likely to convert. You can even use lookalike audiences, Snapchatters, who follow brands similar to yours.
The Snapchat statistics above will aid you in planning the content strategy that works best to reach your targeted audience on the platfrom.
Does your social media marketing plan go beyond Snapchat? If yes, check more social media statistics to create a formidable social marketing strategy on every channel: