Every time the other social media platforms go down, there’s one invincible platform that stays afloat.
Yes, we are talking about Twitter!
It has taken bold steps towards revolutionizing conversations on the internet over the last few years.
Twitter is sensational when it comes to spreading news like fire. This platform is a must for users who like to stay on top of trends. This is your one-stop to get the news and happenings around the corner.
Among the recently introduced features were Safety mode, misinformation label, Prompts, etc., which helped ensure conversations were safer and meaningful for everyone.
Twitter also made monetizing easier for businesses and creators with Super Follows, Ticketed Spaces, Tips, and Twitter Blue.
So while you plan to include these new features in your 2022 marketing plan, keep in mind these Twitter statistics below and use Twitter tools to magnify your reach.
Twitter Demographics Statistics
Twitter is growing in leaps and bounds, with a family of 211 million daily users and 330 million monthly active users. Twitter is the network of choice, not just for the common man but 83% of the world leaders.
While the U.S. still dominates the charts of Twitter population, Japan and India are also amplifying their growth on the platform quickly. Check out more Twitter statistics on demographics from here.
- Twitter has 211 million daily active users, while the monthly active users are 330 million, as per Statista.
- 83% of the world’s leaders are on Twitter.
- 79% of users of Twitter are not from the U.S.
- 27.9% of global Twitter users are aged between 18 and 24 years.
- 77.8 million active users are from the U.S., while 58.2 million users are from Japan and 24.5 million active users from India.
- 29.6% of Twitter users are female, and 70.4% are men.
- 7.1% of all people aged 13 and above use Twitter.
- 42% of all Twitter users are college graduates.
- 77% of Twitter users earn more than $75,000+ each year.
Twitter Usage Statistics
Twitter is one of the most fast-paced networks where so many things are happening. The total number of tweets is 500 million in just one day, while 9281 tweets are shared every second!
Twitter stats on the usage also reveal that the network is not just for promotion alone. Almost 12% of the U.S. uses Twitter to stay updated with the news! 46% of all Twitterati use the platform every single day. Here are some more Twitter statistics showcasing the mammoth usage metrics!
- 26% of U.S. users check Twitter multiple times in a day.
- 46% of all Twitter users visit the platform daily.
- 25% of users use the app every week, while 71% visit at least weekly.
- The average time spent on Twitter is 3 minutes and 39 seconds.
- 12% of U.S. users rely on Twitter for news.
- The total number of tweets sent per day is 500 million.
- The half-life of a tweet is 24 minutes.
- The daily limit is 2400 tweets and 1000 messages per day.
- 9281 tweets are sent in one second.
- There are 200 billion tweets per year.
- 80% of the active users access Twitter via smartphones.
- Twitter’s total website traffic is 3 times the actual active user base.
Twitter Engagement Statistics
Twitter is great for creating engagement sprees in seconds. You just need to be insanely creative and good with words to get your message across. Unlike other platforms, Twitter is more of a wordplay.
Couple it with hashtags and you are guaranteed better reach. Using just 1-2 hashtags can actually improve your engagement by 21%.
You can also put out GIFs and videos to add context to your content further. Have a look at some amazing Twitter statistics that can help you devise out-of-the-box strategies.
- 79% of marketers have continued leveraging Twitter Spaces.
- The average number of hashtags used each day on Twitter is 125 million.
- Using 1-2 hashtags can get you 21% more engagement.
- Tweets with more than 2 hashtags might have 17% lesser engagement.
- Hashtagged tweets have a 55% more chance of being retweeted.
- A user on Twitter has an average of 707 followers.
- 391 million followers have no followers at all.
- The top 10% of tweeters contribute 92% of tweets in the U.S.
- Twitter’s timeline generates +31% higher emotional connection and +28% higher levels of memorability versus the social media average.
- “Face with Tears of Joy” is used 14.5 billion times, making it the most used emoji on Twitter.
- Tweets with a GIF gain 55% more engagement than those without.
- People watch 2 billion videos on Twitter daily.
- Tweets with hashtags have witnessed engagement by 100% for individuals and 50% for brands, as per the latest hashtag stats.
Twitter Business Statistics
Businesses have been playing it safe on Twitter with regular tweets. Most of the brands cater to their followers on this platform. Companies have even admitted that using the network for addressing users’ concerns has fetched them a 19% lift in customer satisfaction.
You can even do so by creating another Twitter account just to solve customer inquiries and problems.
Besides these, brands have also found Twitter fit for sales. 40% of users have admitted they have purchased something they saw on Twitter! Here are a few more Twitter Stats that favor the usage of Twitter for business.
- 67% of B2B businesses use Twitter as their marketing tool.
- 85% of SMB users on Twitter say providing customer service is important.
- 53% of Twitter users are likely to be the first purchasers of new products.
- Companies using Twitter for customer service see a 19% lift in customer satisfaction.
- 50% of consumers use Twitter, while 36% follow brands on Twitter.
- 40% of the users admitted purchasing something they saw on Twitter.
- 92% of companies tweet more than once a day.
- 93% of brand followers on Twitter plan to buy from them.
- 69% of brand followers on Twitter have already purchased from them.
Twitter Ads Insights
When running ads on Twitter, you need to be a bit cautious. Avoid using hashtags unless it’s a hashtag campaign, as ads with no hashtag receive 23% more engagement.
The advertising potential has actually improved over the years as the Twitter ad revenue increased by 87%. There are more than 160 million ads that run on the network each day. Have a look at some of the crucial Twitter stats to make sure you nail the ad specifics.
- 436 million people can be reached with adverts on Twitter.
- Ads with no hashtag received 23% more engagement.
- Marketers on Twitter can reach 7.1% of the 13+ age group population with adverts.
- 29.6% of ad audiences are female, and 70.4% are male.
- The highest reach ranking of Twitter ads is witnessed in the U.S., followed by Japan.
- The majority of ad audiences on Twitter are males from the age group of 25-34 and females from the 18-24 age group.
- The advertising revenue of Twitter grew 87% year on year.
- Everyday revenue from location-based targeting campaigns increased by 7 times.
- Advertisers saw a rise of 89% in video completion rates.
- Total ad engagement increased by 32% year on year.
- Around 164 million ads are shown on Twitter daily.
Twitter Top Brands
With regular tweeting and retweeting, brands have secured followers in millions. They have high response rates as their followers wait for their tweets each day to keep themselves updated on any vital news or announcements. Check out some of the top brands and their Twitter statistics on followers to understand the scope of your following here.
- CNN Breaking News’s Twitter profile has 61.8 million followers.
- CNN’s Twitter profile has 55.7 million followers.
- The New York Times’s Twitter profile has 51.2 million followers.
- Nasa has 50.7 million followers on Twitter.
- BBC Breaking News has 48.6 million followers on Twitter.
Twitter provides immense possibilities to communicate with your audience quickly. You need to schedule engaging tweets at the right time, monitor brand mentions, respond quickly, reach out to influencers, and collaborate with other brands for cross-promotion, analysis, and much more.
With so much to do, it becomes essential to manage it effectively using Twitter tools like Socialpilot.
It lets you stay on top of your followers’ feeds by building your content queue. You can repost, schedule content, curate relevant posts, add GIFs or videos, analyze your performance, and more with SocialPilot.
Not just that, you can be a pro marketer and manage multiple platforms from a single interface! Sounds cool, right?
Get your free 14 day-trial to take control of your branding on social media.