More About Search Engine Optimization
Did you know that over 50% of all website traffic comes from Google and other search engines, and SEO drives 1,000%+ more traffic than organic social media?
So, what is SEO?
What is social media analytics’ primary benefit?
Search engine optimization essentially involves a number of techniques and strategies aimed at improving a website’s visibility in search results by optimizing the content in line with the search engine’s algorithm. Search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others use complex algorithms to determine the relevance and quality of web pages against users’ search queries.
SEO serves the purpose of increasing organic (non-paid) traffic to a website by making it more relevant and authoritative in the eyes of search engines.
Search engine optimization as a process mainly involves the following steps:
- Keyword research: Identifying relevant keywords related to your website’s content to optimize the content to match user intent and increase visibility.
- On-page optimization: Working on individual web pages’ optimization improves their relevancy and user experience. This involves optimizing meta tags, headings, URLs, and content with relevant keywords.
- Off-page optimization: Enhancing the website’s reputation and authority through activities conducted outside the website. This includes link building, social media promotion, receiving citations in online directories, guest blogging, and influencer outreach.
- Technical SEO: Optimizing the technical aspects to make it easier for bots to crawl the website and index it. Improving website speed, mobile-friendliness, XML sitemaps, and broken links are some aspects of technical SEO.
- Content optimization: Creating relevant and engaging content that answers users’ search queries.
- User experience: Providing a high-quality user experience by optimizing certain aspects of the website, such as navigation, page load times, mobile responsiveness, and overall interface and usability.
- Local SEO (if applicable): Optimizing social media or websites to appear in local search results via local business listings, positive reviews, and targeting location-specific keywords.
A website that is SEO-friendly will always reach the target audience quickly. It is a great way to save on costs as a brand or business stands to boost visibility by ranking high on the SERPs organically rather than investing in paid advertising.
The following image shows a SocialPilot webpage with an optimized title, meta description, and overall content. The position of a first non-paid post on Google search results implies that the brand has used the right techniques to appear relevant for the specific search query and intent.