More about Snapchat
Created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown in 2011, Snapchat brings forth a unique feature wherein snaps and messages exchanged are automatically deleted once viewed unless the user saves them. Users can also use the Settings section to modify the duration of visibility of received messages/snaps. It can be set to get deleted either ‘After viewing’ or ’24 hours after viewing’.
Some striking features of the app are as follows:
- Bitmoji: It is your personalized avatar, which gives you the option to choose your outfit, poses, and background. Bitmojis are fun and are visible to users who want to follow you. These cartoon avatars are customizable in chat conversations and can be used as stickers.
- Snap Streak: It tracks the daily exchange of pictures or videos between two friends. A streak is established by sharing a recently clicked snap within a 24-hour period for at least three consecutive days. The fire icon next to your friend’s name tracks the number of days the snaps exchanged consecutively between you and your friend.
- Spotlight: It is not your real, but reel-life friend. Spotlight features short video content just like TikTok and Instagram reels.
- Snap Map: It provides your live location to all your friends so you don’t struggle like Dora the Explorer. Ghost mode is available to turn off your live location anytime.
- Snapchat Memories: It provides a personalized album that brings back snaps of stories over the years with a pinch of nostalgia.
- Snapcode: Every Snapchat user has a unique QR code to add friends and to access different content on Snapchat.
- Filters: Snapchat gained momentum due to its quirky and jazzy filters. These filters are a great way to enhance your snaps and build engagement value with other users.
- Geofilters: Turn on your current location to enable geofilters. They vary from place to place and are a great way to build awareness for an event or a brand.
- Snapchat Stories: These stories are similar to Instagram stories. However, they do tell you if any viewer has taken a screenshot.
Snapchat is also a good platform for influencers who belong to different niches to connect with their audience. The app has become a one-stop shop for every influencer and content creator as it promises the following benefits:
- It provides a platform for content creators to collaborate with different brands and maximize their reach.
- Direct interaction with the audience fosters a personal relationship.
- Snapchat provides In-App Purchases for creators to sell their stickers and filters as an extra revenue stream.
Given below is a glimpse of Snapchat’s Spotlight section that shows the trending stories and their views.