2019 is upon us. In the past year, a lot changed in the world social media marketing - Instagram climbed up the popularity ladder and Facebook made tweaks to its algorithm.
Like every year, I have compiled a list of social media statistics that’ll help you draw an unbeatable social media marketing strategy for 2019. So whether you are heading a small/medium business, a part of the social media team of a company or a marketer looking to build his/her social media presence - these marketing insights will help you understand the changing dynamics of major social platforms.
But before we get to that, let me tell you how I’ve divided the statistics into various sections:
- Demographical Stats - These numbers tell you about the kind of people who are using the particular social platforms, for instance their gender, age, income etc.
- Usage Statistic - These numbers tell you about how people are accessing and using the particular social platform.
- Engagement Statistic - These numbers tell you about the kind of content users are engaging with on a social platform and also how and where they’re engaging with brands.
- Businesses - These numbers aim to inform you about how businesses are using these platforms to market themselves - social selling, customer service, content marketing, etc.
- Ads Insights - These numbers talk about the amount brands are investing in ads, their returns and the kind of response ads receive on these platforms.
- Top brands - Brands which have nailed social media marketing on these platforms and are now considered touchstones for marketers.
Facebook Statistics - 2019
Do you have any idea about how many people use Facebook? Well, we are uncovering it right below here. But the number of users is just the tip of an iceberg. Get hold of yourself, because we have compiled every social media usage stats you’ll want to know about the most use social media platform!
- Facebook has 2 billion monthly active users.
- 88% of Facebook users are aged between 18 and 29.
- Millennials and Gen X are more likely to share content on Facebook.
- 84% of Facebook users earn less than $30K p.a.
- Women make for 52% of Facebook users.
- Men make for 48% of Facebook users.
- 90 million users access their Facebook accounts with desktop - every month.
- 75% of Facebook users spend over 20 minutes on the platform every day.
- Those using desktop to access Facebook spend an average of 2.5 seconds with each piece of content.
- 179 million users access their Facebook accounts on smartphones - every month.
- People are 5 times more likely to watch Facebook videos on their phone.
- On average, Facebook generates more than 8 billion daily views of video content.
- Native Facebook videos have 10 times more reach than YouTube links.
- Videos are shared an average of 89.5 times more than other content on Facebook, making them the most shared type of content on the site.
- More than 100 million video hours are watched per day on Facebook.
- 85% of Facebook users consume video content with the sound off. This explains why captioned video ads can increase views by 12%.
- The trend of using Facebook Live is rapidly growing - broadcasts from Pages have increased 50% in the past year.
- Facebook live videos are watched for 3 times longer during the actual stream than the replay.
- 32% of people regularly engage with Facebook Pages, leaving more than 5 billion comments on Facebook Pages each month.
- Facebook Pages with smaller followings tend to have higher reach and engagement rates.
- 43% of B2B businesses have acquired a client through Facebook.
- 48% of B2B technology buyers use Facebook for ‘general education’.
- 48% of B2B technology buyers refer to Facebook as they make ‘final decisions’.
- 91.3% of users follow brands on Facebook.
- 50 million businesses have Facebook Pages in their name.
- 39% of users say they’ll follow a Facebook Page in order to receive a special offer.
- Facebook has a total of 80 million Pages for Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs).
- 78% of American consumers say they’ve discovered products on Facebook.
- 8% of social media marketers worldwide say Facebook produced the best ROI for them.
- 32% of influencers say Facebook is the best social media platform for influencer marketing.
- 9% of online consumers turn to Facebook for holiday shopping ideas.
- 26% of users who clicked on a Facebook Ad report making a purchase.
- The average click-through rate (CTR) in Facebook ads across all industries is .90%.
- The industry with the highest click-through rate (1.61%) on Facebook is the legal industry.
- The industry with the lowest click-through rate (0.47%) is the employment and job training industry.
- The average cost per click (CPC) in Facebook ads across all industries is $1.72.
- The industry with the highest cost per click ($3.77) on Facebook is the finance and insurance industry.
- The industry with the lowest cost per click ($0.45) is the apparel industry.
- The most effective length for an ad title on Facebook is four words and 15 words for link description.
- Images account for 75% to 90% of Facebook Ad performance.
- A whopping 93% of social media advertisers are using Facebook Ads.
- The average cost per ad on Facebook increased 17% in 2018’s Q2.
- Though Facebook ad costs rose in 2018’s Q2, ad impressions increased by 21%.
- Red Bull’s Facebook Page has 49 million likes.
- Nike Football’s (Soccer) Facebook Page has 45 million likes.
- PlayStation’s Facebook Page has 38.5 million likes.
- Pepsi’s Facebook Page has 37.5 million likes.
Instagram Statistics 2019
Did you ever realize the shift where you started tagging every one of Instagram instead of Facebook? For all the millennials out there, Instagram is much more to them than just an interacting platform. Here are some amazing social media stats to make sure that you know the potential of this platform right!
- Instagram has 1 billion monthly active users.
- Instagram has 500 million daily active users
- 59% of Instagram users are aged between 18 and 29.
- 33% of Instagram users are aged between 30 and 49.
- 38% of Instagram users earn less than $30K p.a.
- Women make for 58% of Instagram users.
- Men make for 42% of Instagram users.
- Instagrammers spend 15 minutes on average on the platform every day.
- 21 million Instagrammers access their accounts with desktop - every month.
- 91 million Instagrammers access their accounts on smartphones - every month.
- Everyday Instagrammers upload an average of 95 million photos.
- More than 100 Instagrammers watch or share on Live everyday.
- Selena Gomez has 130 million followers on Instagram.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has 116 million followers on Instagram.
- Ariana Grande has 115 million followers on Instagram.
- Instagram posts that include another handle gain 56% more engagement.
- Instagram posts with at least one hashtag gain 12.6% more engagement.
- Instagram posts with a location receive 79% more engagement.
- The average engagement per post on Instagram has grown by 416% compared to two years ago.
- Instagram receives 4.2 billion Instagram likes every day.
- Every Instagram post gets 1261 likes on an average.
- Video posts have the highest overall engagement rate (38% higher than image posts) on Instagram.
- Posting a video on Instagram at 9 p.m. (your time zone) will get you 34% more interactions.
- 300 million users use Instagram’s ‘Stories’ feature daily.
- Instagram users engage more on weekdays.
- Instagram posts with a ‘face’ get 38% more likes.
- 70% of Instagram posts don’t get seen by Instagrammers on their feed.
- Instagram has 58 times more engagement per follower than Facebook.
- 68% of Instagrammers engage with brands regularly.
- 50% of Instagrammers follow a business.
- 60% of Instagrammers say that they learnt about a product or service on the platform.
- 75% of Instagrammers take some action after being inspired by a post - like visiting a website, searching, shopping or telling a friend.
- Among the top 100 brands in the world, 90% have an Instagram account.
- 96% of US fashion brands are on Instagram.
- Outside China, almost 50% of Instagrammers conduct product research on social media.
- Engagement with brands on Instagram is 10 times higher than Facebook, 54 times higher than Pinterest, and 84 times higher than Twitter.
- Over a third of Instagrammers have used their mobile to purchase a product online - making them 70% more likely to do so than non-Instagrammers.
- 70% of the most used hashtags by Instagrammers are ‘branded’.
- 58% of brands have created an Instagram story.
- There are set to be 32.3 million sponsored influencer posts on Instagram in 2019.
- 25 million businesses are using Instagram Business Profiles.
- More than 200 million Instagrammers visit at least one business profile daily.
- 53% teens say Instagram is the best platform to tell them about new products.
- There are more than 2 million advertisers worldwide using Instagram ads.
- 25% of Instagram ads are single videos.
- User-generated content has a 4.5% higher conversion rate on Instagram.
- Ad recall from Instagram sponsored ads is 2.8x higher on average than ad recall from other social networks.
- National Geographic has 83.4 million followers on Instagram
- Nike has 75.4 million followers on Instagram.
- Victoria’s Secret has 58 million followers on Instagram.
- Real Madrid C.F has 54.1 million followers on Instagram.
Pinterest Statistics - 2019
It’s the time when we certainly cannot describe an event or a dress output we want Pinterest. Right from education design to even self-defense, Pinterest has got the most amazing compilation of ideas. Read on to explore the more about this social media platform!
- Pinterest has 200 million monthly active users.
- 36% of Pinterest users are aged between 18 and 29.
- 34% of Pinterest users are aged between 30 and 49.
- 35% of Pinterest users earn more than $75K p.a.
- One of two millennials uses Pinterest every month.
- Women make for 60% of Pinterest users.
- 60% of Pinterest households have children aged 5 or under.
- 66% of women aged between 25 and 54 use Pinterest.
- Men are the largest growing segment on Pinterest and make for 40% of new signups.
- The average number of Pins made by an active female user is 158.
- Men make for 40% of Pinterest users.
- 70 million Pinterest users access their accounts on smartphones - every month.
- 27 million Pinterest users access their accounts with desktop - every month.
- Pinterest users spend 14.2 minutes per visit.
- Over 50% of all Pinterest users and 75% of new signups are from outside the USA.
- The average pin is repinned 11 times.
- It takes a pin 3.5 months to get 50% of its engagement.
- Almost 73% of active pinners and 89% of daily pinners have bought something new they discovered on Pinterest.
- 60% of active users are likely to search and browse on Pinterest than browse catalogs.
- 93% of active users said they use Pinterest to plan for purchases.
- More than 14 million articles are pinned every day.
- Pinterest is the second largest driver of traffic from social sites (next only to Facebook).
- More than 2 billion searches happen on Pinterest every month.
- There are over 1 million businesses on Pinterest.
- Two-thirds of today’s pins are either from brands or are discernible products. Art, Hobbies, and Art supplies tend to generate the most interest in these products.
- Shopping: Every day nearly 2 million people pin product rich pins.
- 61% of Pinterest users have made a purchase after seeing branded content on Pinterest.
- 18.5% of active Pinterest users make a Pinterest-inspired purchase at least once a month.
- 55% of Pinterest users shop on the site, more than 4 times the rate of other digital platforms.
- Pinterest delivers $2 in profit per $1 spent on advertising.
- Promoted Pins are repinned an average of 11 times per advertisement.
- 5 in 10 active Pinterest users have made a purchase after seeing a Promoted pin.
- About half of the active users who have noticed promoted pins on Pinterest have clicked on them to get more information. More than 40% have made a purchase, suggesting promoted pins inspire future action.
- Harper’s Bazaar’s Pinterest account has 4.64 million followers.
- Better Homes & Gardens’ Pinterest account has 1.78 million followers.
- Ski’s Pinterest account has 1.56 million followers.
Twitter Statistics - 2019
Twitter has now become an important medium to stay up to date with the worldly ongoings! From every celebrity to smallest brands have their presence on Twitter. Did you know that having your brand's presence can increase your customer's loyalty? Well, there is still much more to explore, read on these social media stats to get a better hang of this platform.
- Twitter has 317 million monthly active users.
- 36% of Twitter users are aged between 18 and 29.
- 30% of Twitter users earn more than $75K p.a.
- Women make for 47% of Twitter users.
- Men make for 53% of Twitter users.
- Twitter users spend 2.7 minutes on the platform every day.
- 82 million Twitter users access their accounts with desktop - every month.
- 31 million Twitter users access their accounts on smartphones - every month.
- 75% of users check the site daily to get their news.
Most followed accounts
- Katy Perry’s Twitter account has 106 million followers.
- Justin Bieber’s Twitter account has 103 million followers.
- Barack Obama’s Twitter account has 97 million followers.
- 92% of companies tweet more than once a day, 42% tweet 1-5 times a day, and 19% tweet 6-10 times a day.
- Tweets with images receive 18% more click throughs, 89% more likes, and 150% more retweets.
- Tweets that contain an image link are 5 times as more effective in terms of engagement.
- Twitter is responsible for 7% of all social traffic referrals to third-party news and entertainment sites in the US.
- Tweets with videos are 6X more likely to be retweeted than tweets with photos.
- Tweets with videos are 3X more likely to be retweeted than tweets with GIFs.
- 53% of users say they bought a product they first saw on Twitter.
- 81% of users say that Twitter impacts their purchasing decisions more than TV.
- 70% of small business followers retweet content.
- 72% of brand followers are likely to buy in the future.
- 58% of top brands have over 100,000 followers on Twitter.
- The average Twitter user follows five businesses.
- 80% of Twitter users have mentioned a brand in a tweet.
- The last two years have seen a 2.5x increase in customer service conversations on Twitter.
- 60% of consumers expect brands to respond to their query within the hour, but the average is 1 hour 24 minutes.
- Companies using Twitter for customer service see a 19% lift in customer satisfaction.
- Nearly 34% of marketers have been able to generate successful leads thanks to Twitter.
- Twitter is the second most used social network by B2B marketers, with a rate of 85%.
- 93% people who follow a business on Twitter plan to purchase something from the SMBs they follow.
- 85% people who follow businesses say it’s important for any business to provide customer service on Twitter.
- Advertising cost-per-engagement (year over year) for Twitter has decreased by 14%.
- Ad engagement on Twitter is increasing: the total ad engagements on Twitter went up 91% over the previous year.
- Engagement rates for Twitter ads can be as high as 1-3%.
- Average CPM (cost per impression) is significantly higher on Twitter - up to $3.50.
- Revenue per visitor (RPV) for Twitter stands at $0.44.
- Twitter claims that Promoted Trends provide a 22% lift in brand conversion, 30% lift in positive mentions and 32% lift in retweets.
- Advertising on Twitter is 6 times more expensive than on Facebook . However, Twitter ads have a CTR 8 to 24 times higher than Facebook.
- Promoted tweets can boost offline sales by up to 29%.
- 68% people have followed an SMB after seeing their Promoted Account.
- 41% people purchased products after being exposed to an ad in the last 30 days.
- 67% users said Twitter promoted videos were not intrusive.
- PlayStation’s Twitter Profile has 16 million followers.
- Starbucks Coffee’s Twitter Profile has 11.4 million followers.
- SpaceX’s Twitter Profile has 7.72 million followers.
- Nat Geo Travel’s Twitter Profile has 6.67 million followers.
- Netflix’s Twitter Profile has 5.5 million followers.
LinkedIn Statistics - 2019
Could there be a more professional medium? Today a lot of companies as well as employees consider a reputed LinkedIn profile of utmost value. Here are some rare social media stats of this platform to make sure that you leverage it right.
- LinkedIn has 106 million monthly active users
- 36% of LinkedIn users are aged between 18 and 29.
- 34% of LinkedIn users are aged between 30 and 49.
- 32% of LinkedIn users earn less than $50K and $70K p.a.
- 45% of LinkedIn users earn more than $75K p.a.
- Women make for 46% of LinkedIn users.
- Men make for 54% of LinkedIn users
- LinkedIn users spend 17 minutes on the platform every day.
- 60 million LinkedIn users access their accounts with desktop - every month.
- 20 million LinkedIn users access their accounts on smartphones - every month.
- Richard Branson’s LinkedIn account is followed by 13 million people.
- Bill Gates’ LinkedIn account is followed by 11 million people.
- Arianna Huffington’s LinkedIn account is followed by 6.5 million people.
- LinkedIn Posts that include a link receive 200% more engagement.
- LinkedIn Posts that end with a question receive 50% more engagement.
- Content on the LinkedIn feed receives about 9 billion impressions per week.
- Only 3 million Linkedin users (out of the more than 500 million) share content on a weekly basis.
- LinkedIn drives more than 50% of social traffic to B2B sites and is considered the most credible source of content.
- Including photos in LinkedIn posts increases the comment rate by 98%.
- If the content was found in both video and text format, 59% of executives on LinkedIn said they would choose to consume it via video.
- During the limited or beta release of LinkedIn Video, it was found that videos were shared 20 times more than any other type of content.
- 7 out of 10 professionals describe LinkedIn as a trustworthy source of professional content.
- 50% of B2B buyers use LinkedIn when making purchasing decisions.
- Marketers that flesh out their LinkedIn Products and Services page have 2 times as many company followers.
- 79% of marketers see LinkedIn as a very good source of leads.
- B2B marketers report that 80% of their social media leads come from LinkedIn.
- A study from Hubspot shows that LinkedIn is 277% more effective for lead generation than other social media networks.
- Of all leads generated from social media, 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn.
- 79% of B2B marketers agree that LinkedIn is an effective marketing channel.
- 46% percent of social media traffic coming to B2B company sites is from LinkedIn.
- 43% of marketers surveyed have gotten customers from LinkedIn.
- 92% of B2B marketers specifically prefer LinkedIn over all other social platforms.
- 79% of B2B marketers view Linkedin as an effective source of B2B leads.
So, how are you planning to use these statistics to your advantage in 2019? Let me know in the comments below.