We are well into 2021 and so far it has not been much different from 2020.
The year of the pandemic saw huge shifts in society and businesses. Online activity also surged to record highs due to stay-at-home advisories across the world.
This was reflected in online engagement numbers for various social media platforms. People were spending more time and sharing more content online than ever before. Nowhere is this more evident than in the social media usage statistics of last year.
This posed an interesting challenge for brands and businesses. With more people spending time online, brands shifted their social media strategies to maximize business growth in uncertain times.
To help you make the most of this transformed landscape, I’ve compiled a detailed list of social media statistics based on last year’s usage. The insights drawn from these statistics can help you better understand your target market and audience and create a winning social media strategy.
These statistics can help you answer important questions such as:
- Which platform is best suited for marketing your brand?
- How much engagement can you expect from different social media platforms?
- Which social media platform is most frequented by your ideal audience?
And many more......
So whether you are heading a small/medium business, a part of the social media team of a company or a marketer looking to build his/her social media presence - these marketing insights will help you understand the changing dynamics of major social platforms.
To help you easily navigate and process insights generated from these statistics, I’ve divided these statistics into different sections:
- Demographic Statistics - These numbers tell you about the characteristics of the population who are using a particular social platform, for instance, their gender, age, income, etc.
- Usage Statistics - These numbers tell you about how people are accessing and using the particular social platform.
- Engagement Statistics - These numbers tell you about the kind of content users are engaging with on a social platform and also how and where they’re engaging with brands.
- Business Statistics - These numbers aim to inform you about how businesses are using these platforms to market themselves - social selling, customer service, content marketing, etc.
- Ads Insights - These numbers talk about the amount brands are investing in ads, their returns and the kind of response ads receive on these platforms.
- Top brands - Brands which have nailed social media marketing on these platforms and are now considered touchstones for marketers.
Table of Contents
Do you have any idea about how many people use Facebook?
Here is a fun fact - If Facebook were a country, it would be the highest populated in the world. Well, we are uncovering it right below here. But the number of users is just the tip of an iceberg. Get hold of yourself, because we have compiled every social media usage stats you’ll want to know about the most used social media platform. Leverage these insightful statistics and combine them with your consistent Facebook marketing with the help of Facebook publishing tools.
- Facebook has 2.74 billion monthly active users, an increase of 12% year-over-year.
- The total number of Facebook's mobile active users is 2.68 billion.
- 69% of all adults in the US are using Facebook.
- India is ranked first in terms of Facebook audience size with 310 million users.
- The United States, Brazil, and Indonesia also have 190 million, 130 million, and 140 million Facebook users respectively.
- 9.4 percent of global active Facebook users are women between the ages of 18 - 24 years, and male users between the ages of 25 - 34 years; constitutes the biggest demographic group of Facebook users.
- 75% of high-income earners use Facebook.
- 1.82 billion people on average log into Facebook daily.
- The average US adult spends 38 minutes a day on Facebook.
- Young users (18-24 years old) spend 75% of their Facebook time on video ads compared to 65+ year old visitors.
- Facebook users spend 58 minutes per day on Facebook.
- 98.3% users access Facebook from mobile devices.
- Facebook usually racks up more than 100 million total app downloads on a monthly basis.
- Facebook accounts for over 45 percent of monthly social media visits.
- 52% of all U.S. adults consume news from Facebook.
- With over 10M+ groups on Facebook, over 1.4 billion people now use Facebook Groups every month.
- 500 million users use Facebook Stories daily.
- Facebook generates over 3,000 years of video watch time each day.
- 74% of Facebook users visit the site daily.
- More than 4 billion video views take place on Facebook every day.
- The age group of 35 - 44 years old gives maximum monthly post likes.
- The age group of 45 - 54 years old gives maximum monthly post comments.
- Vertical videos with description lengths of over 300 characters can raise engagement rates from 0.18% to 0.39%
- The optimal video length on Facebook for better engagement is between 2 - 5 minutes.
- The best time to post on Facebook is between 1 pm – 3 pm on during the week and Saturdays.
- 15.09% of all Facebook content is video and 34.73% is photos.
- Only 12% of the video posts are live, despite generating double the engagement.
- Live Videos that last over 1 hour increase engagement from 0.19% to 0.86%.
- Facebook users made an average of 5 comments, 12 post likes, 1 share, and 1 Page like in October 2020.
- Facebook usage increases to 97% in B2C marketing.
- Facebook Ad Revenue is $21,221 (in millions) up 22 percent year-over-year.
- Gen Zers in the European countries are two times as likely as the average consumer to say that Facebook products influence their brand awareness and motivation.
- Facebook has a total of 90 million pages for SMBs.
- The average organic reach for a Facebook post is 5.2% of the page’s total likes.
- Images posted by Facebook pages are the most shared (55.6%) compared to other post types.
- 2.14 billion people can be reached through adverts on Facebook.
- 43% of the ad audience is female while 57% is male.
- Maximum monthly ad clicks are made by 45 - 54 age groups.
- The maximum monthly ad clicks are made in Israel.
- The ideal Facebook ad title has a maximum of four words.
- Samsung’s Facebook page is the most popular with 161 million likes.
- CGTN’s Facebook page has 113 million likes.
- Coca-Cola’s Facebook page has 105 million likes.
- China Daily’s Facebook page has 102 million likes.
- Tasty’s Facebook page has 98 million likes.
Did you ever realize the shift where you started tagging everyone on Instagram instead of Facebook? For the millennials, Instagram is much more than just a social media platform to interact. Here are some amazing social media stats to make sure that you know the right potential of this platform, utilize it to improve your Instagram marketing strategies, create engaging posts, and streamline your scheduling using Instagram marketing tools.
- Instagram has 1.15 billion active users.
- More than half of the global Instagram user population is younger than 34 years old.
- The 18–24 year old age group is the largest of the demographics.
- Daily active users of Instagram stories are 500 million.
- 5% of U.S children under 12 use Instagram.
- Instagram has 51% female and 49% male audience.
- The highest users of Instagram are in the US (140 million), India (120 million), and Brazil (95 million).
- About 6 in 10 Instagram users log in at least once daily.
- 21% of users log in weekly and 16% log in less often than that.
- 500 million people visit Instagram stories daily.
- IGTV app has 7 million installs worldwide.
- The average number of main feed posts per day is 1.
- 59% of the content on Instagram are photo posts.
- 14.9% of the content on Instagram are video posts.
- 26.1% of the content on Instagram are carousel posts.
- The average engagement rate for all post types is 0.96%.
- The average engagement rate for photo posts is 1.74%, video posts are 1.45%, and carousel posts are 1.94%..
- Business accounts with fewer than 10,000 followers have an average engagement rate of 1.55%.
- Business accounts with 10,000-100,000 followers have an engagement rate of 0.62%.
- Kazakhstan and Brunei were jointly ranked first and second with a reach of 72 and 71 percent.
- Photos with faces perform almost 40% better than without faces.
- Instagram is the second-highest used platform with 84% engagement.
- Posts with at least one hashtag averages 12.6% more engagement.
- Instagram users engage more on weekdays with Wednesday and Thursday showing most engagement.
- More than half of Instagram captions & comments contain emojis.
- 90% of accounts follow at least one business on Instagram.
- 2 in 3 people surveyed say Instagram enables interaction with brands.
- 83% of Instagram users discover new products and services on the platform.
- 89% indicated that Instagram was the most important social media channel for influencer marketing.
- The average monthly follower growth of business accounts on Instagram is +1.46%.
- There are 500,000 active influencers on Instagram.
- 70% of shopping enthusiasts turn to Instagram for product discovery.
- 50% Instagram users are more interested in a brand when they see ads for it on Instagram.
- USA has the highest potential Instagram advertising reach followed by India and Brazil.
- The highest Instagram’s advertising audience is from the 25-34 age group.
- 1.16 billion people can be reached through adverts on Instagram.
- Marketers can reach 19% of the population aged 13+ with adverts on Instagram.
- 51% of the ad audience on Instagram is female and 49% is male.
- National Geographic is the most popular with 149 million followers.
- Nike has 127 million followers on Instagram.
- FC Barcelona has 92.6 million followers on Instagram.
- Victoria’s Secret has 68.9 million followers on Instagram.
- NASA has 62.3 million followers on Instagram.
Pinterest is the most creative kind of platform catering to your ideas and inspiration catalog. With its amazing compilation of ideas ranging from mundane household needs to future technology, a business of any domain can curate a creative campaign out of it. Read on to explore more about this social media platform! and utilize it to improve your Pinterest marketing strategies, create engaging pins, and streamline your scheduling using Pinterest tools.
- Global monthly active users grew 37% year over year to 442 million.
- Out of all, 98 million active users are from the US.
- The age group of under 25 is the recent strength of the Pinterest audience.
- Pinterest has 78.3 million female users and 21.7 million male users in the US.
- Over 75% of Pinterest users are from outside the US.
- Females make up to more than 60% of the users on the platform.
- 67% of Pinterest users are under 40 years old, and most pinners are between 18 and 29 years old.
- Pinterest users have cumulatively placed over 200 billion pins.
- 85% of Pinterest usage occurs on mobile apps.
- The average Pinterest user types in 8 searches per month.
- 600 million visual searches occur monthly on Pinterest.
- Pinterest users in general spend 29% more while shopping than non-users.
- 85% of female Pinterest users use the app to plan life events.
- Over 75 billion pins have been uploaded to Pinterest.
- Some 43% of Internet users in the U.S. have a Pinterest account.
- High-income households are twice as likely to use Pinterest as low-income households.
- There are more than 2 billion searches on Pinterest every month.
- 78% of Pinterest users say it’s useful to see brand content on the platform.
- 55% of people use Pinterest to shop and buy.
- 89% of US pinners use Pinterest for inspiration in their path to purchase.
- Pinterest rates as the 10th most relevant brand in the U.S.
- Pinterest is most popular with women—especially moms.
- Related Pins account for 40% of engagement on Pinterest.
- More than 56 million pinners actively engage with home content.
- 70% use Pinterest to find accessories, watches and jewelry.
- 52% use their platform to develop their knowledge of great food and drinks.
- 85% of women on Pinterest use it to plan life moments.
- Dads are 3x more likely to have shared boards than the average male pinner.
- 40% of Dads in the US use Pinterest.
- 87% of people on Pinterest have bought a product because of Pinterest, while 93% use Pinterest to plan a future purchase.
- 76% of pinners save items to purchase later.
- 97% of all searches on Pinterest are unbranded.
- Pins that show a product or service in action are 67% more likely to drive sales.
- Shopping is a top priority for 48% of Pinterest users.
- 85% of pinners put visuals first when shopping for apparel and furniture.
- 189 million people can be reached with adverts on Pinterest.
- 77% of ad audiences are female and 14% are male.
- Marketers can reach 3.1% of the population that is aged 13+ with adverts.
- Highest reach ranking of Pinterest is witnessed in the US followed by Germany.
- Majority of ad audiences on Pinterest are from the age group of 25-34.
- Quarter on quarter change of Pinterest’s advertising reach is +5.8%.
- 78% of users say content from brands is useful, including ads.
- Most popular categories are Food, Drink, Home Decor and Travel.
Twitter has now become an important medium to stay up to date with the worldly on-goings! From every politician, celebrity to smallest brands, have their presence on Twitter. Did you know that having your brand's presence can increase your customer loyalty? Well, there is still much more to explore, read on these social media stats to get a better hang of this platform.
- Twitter has 353 million monthly active users worldwide.
- Twitter’s monetizable daily users are 186 million in Q3, 2020.
- Twitter's average monetizable daily active users (mDAU) increased 34% YoY to 186 million.
- 28.9 percent of global Twitter users are aged between 25 and 34 years.
- U.S. based Twitter users are younger, have more education, and more income than the general U.S. population.
- 30% of Twitter users are female and 70% of users are men.
- 92% of the U.S. population is familiar with Twitter even if they don’t use it.
- The total number of tweets sent per day is 500 million.
- The half-life of a tweet is 24 minutes.
- The top three countries by Twitter user count outside the U.S. are Japan (49.1 million users), India (17 million), and Brazil (15.7 million).
- The daily limit is 2400 tweets and 1000 messages per day.
- 9,281 tweets are sent in one second.
- Top 10% of tweeters contribute 92% of tweets in 2020 in the US.
- Twitter’s timeline generates +31% higher emotional connection and +28% higher levels of memorability versus the social media average.
- “Face with Tears of Joy” is used more than 3 billion times, making it the most used emoji on Twitter.
- Tweets with a GIF gain 55% more engagement than those without.
- Twitter ranked 4th globally for web traffic in October 2020.
- 75% of B2B business marketers are on Twitter.
- 85% of SMB users on Twitter say providing customer service there is important.
- 53% of the Twitter users are likely to be the first purchasers of new products.
- Companies using Twitter for customer service see a 19% lift in customer satisfaction.
- 92% of companies tweet more than once a day.
- 93% of brand followers on Twitter plan to buy from them.
- 69% of brand followers on Twitter have already purchased from them.
- Ad revenue from Twitter in the US for 2021 is estimated to $1.78 billion dollars.
- Marketers on Twitter can reach 5.8% of the 13+ age group population with adverts.
- Quarter on quarter change in Twitter’s advertising reach is +8.4%.
- Highest reach ranking of Twitter ads are witnessed in the US followed by Japan.
- Majority of ad audiences on Twitter are males from the age group of 25-34 and females from 18-24 age groups.
- Advertising revenue of Twitter totaled $808 million for Q3 2020.
- Ad engagements on Twitter increased by 27 percent year-over-year for Q3 2020.
- Twitter users spend 26 percent more time to view ads when compared to other platforms.
- The Ellen Show’s Twitter profile reigns as the most-followed brand with 79 million followers.
- YouTube’s Twitter profile has 72 million followers.
- CNN Breaking News’s Twitter profile has 60.1 million followers.
- CNN’s Twitter profile has 51.8 million followers.
- The New York Times’s Twitter profile has 48.7 million followers.
Twitter provides immense possibilities for brands and individuals to easily communicate with their audience. The key to winning with Twitter marketing is by scheduling engaging tweets at the right time, monitor brand mentions to quickly respond, influencer reach out, collaboration with other brands for cross-promotion, analysis, and much more. With so much to do, it becomes essential to manage it effectively using Twitter tools like Socialpilot, MeetEdgar, Keyhole, etc.
The treasure trove of B2B marketers has come a long way from being just a professional podium. Brands have started showing more intimate content but with the same professional ethic. Today a lot of companies as well as employees consider a reputed LinkedIn profile of utmost value. Here are some social media stats of LinkedIn to make sure that you leverage it right.
- The population of LinkedIn stands over 772 million worldwide.
- There are 310 million monthly active users on LinkedIn.
- There are 57.5% of male users and 42.6% female users on LinkedIn.
- 57% of LinkedIn traffic is from mobile devices.
- LinkedIn receives 1.17+ billion visits worldwide.
- The US is surging on top with 174+ million users on LinkedIn.
- After the US, India, China, Brazil, Great Britain, and France have the highest number of LinkedIn users.
- There are 90 million senior level influencers with 63 million in decision-making positions on LinkedIn.
- More than 50 million companies are listed on LinkedIn.
- More than 14 million open jobs are posted on LinkedIn Jobs.
- Each week, 40 million people look for a job on LinkedIn.
- 36K skills are listed on LinkedIn.
- 3 professionals join LinkedIn every second, 172, 800 new users every single day.
- 3 people get hired on LinkedIn every minute with 55 job applications submitted per second.
- 91 percent of executives rate LinkedIn as their first choice for professionally relevant content.
- 280 billion feed updates are viewed annually on LinkedIn.
- There are 9 billion content impressions in LinkedIn feeds every week.
- 2 million posts, articles, and videos are published on LinkedIn every day.
- 3 million users post on LinkedIn every week.
- 4 in every 10 millionaires are active LinkedIn users.
- Only 1 million users have published an article on LinkedIn.
- About 45% of LinkedIn article readers are in upper-level positions (managers, VPs, Directors, C-level).
- 39% of LinkedIn users never share content while 16% of the profiles actively share multiple posts every week.
- On average, most users spend 17 minutes monthly on LinkedIn.
- The average visit duration on LinkedIn is 8.52 minutes.
- Users visit an average of 10.5 pages on LinkedIn before leaving.'
- LinkedIn Live streams witnessed a 437% year-on-year increase in views.
- 2% of LinkedIn users haven’t yet joined any group on LinkedIn.
- 22.04% of the LinkedIn traffic comes from search alone.
- 99.63% of LinkedIn search traffic comes from organic search.
- LinkedIn Pages with complete information get 30% more weekly views compared to others.
- There is a 50% rise of engagement year-over-year on LinkedIn.
- Companies posting weekly see an engagement rise by 2x times on LinkedIn.
- 98% of marketers on LinkedIn agree that personalization helps advance customer relationships.
- According to LinkedIn, companies that post 20 times per month reach at least 60% of their unique audience.
- Including the links in a post can drive twice the engagement than a post without it on LinkedIn.
- Images on average results in a 98% higher comment rate than without on LinkedIn.
- Links to Youtube video plays directly in the LinkedIn feed and typically gives a 75% higher share rate.
- LinkedIn gets 64% of social media traffic to corporate websites.
- Linkedin accounts with completed and updated information gain 40 times more opportunities.
- Long-form content gets the most shares on LinkedIn, so aiming for between 1700 & 2100 words should give your content a boost.
- LinkedIn articles with 8 images and 5,7, or 9 headlines are best for engagements.
- Messages sent have increased 35% year-over-year on LinkedIn.
- Weekly LinkedIn members who engage heavily with content are 5x more likely to return daily.
- Listing 5 or more skills on your LinkedIn profile can lead to up to 17x more views.
- 7.7 million hours of learning content was consumed in April 2020 on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn is the second-most popular platform among B2B marketers, just behind Facebook.
- 45% of marketers have gained customers through LinkedIn.
- Lead Gen Forms on LinkedIn can increase the conversions by 3x.
- 89% of B2B marketers rely on LinkedIn for lead generation.
- 62% of B2B marketers generate leads on LinkedIn successfully, over double the next-highest social channel.
- 4 out of 5 LinkedIn users drive business decisions.
- 52% of buyers list LinkedIn as the most influential channel during their research process.
- InMail has a 300 percent higher response rate than email with 10-25% hit rate on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn is generating revenue for 38% of B2B marketers.
- 80% of B2B leads coming from social media are from LinkedIn.
- 97% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to help drive their content marketing strategy.
- 92% of B2B marketers have LinkedIn included in their digital marketing mix.
- 49% of LinkedIn users earn at least $75,000/year.
- 39% of users are LinkedIn premium account holders.
- 15% of Linkedin users are senior level influencers.
- As per Linkedin, an average of 10 content pieces are taken into consideration before making a purchasing decision.
- An ad on LinkedIn can reach 12% of the world’s population over thirteen years of age.
- Sponsored Inmail has an opening rate of 52% on LinkedIn.
- The US offers the largest group of LinkedIn advertising audiences with a reach of 170 million users.
- LinkedIn Message Ads have a 40% conversion rate.
- 65% of B2B companies have generated a customer through LinkedIn paid ads
- Cost per lead is 28% lower than on Google AdWords on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn sessions have reportedly increased 31% year-on-year in Q1 2021, as per the revelations of parent company Microsoft.
- Lead Gen forms on LinkedIn have reduced the cost per lead for 90% of B2B marketers.
- LinkedIn has reported that its “matched audience” targeting feature procured a 32% increase in post-click conversion rates and a 30% boost in CTR.
- 58% of B2B advertisers like the ROI on LinkedIn ads.
- An average conversion rate of video ads on LinkedIn for the US is 6.1% which is more than any other contemporary platforms.
- Google has 20 million+ followers on LinkedIn.
- Ted Conferences has 19.6 million followers on LinkedIn.
- Amazon has 17.8 million followers on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn has 14.1 million followers on LinkedIn.
- Microsoft has 13.31 million followers on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is undoubtedly the preferred network for professionals around the globe and with two professionals joining this network every second, it is going to witness a tremendous usage. To leverage this network effectively, you should publish about your brand, offers, company culture, and new product announcement regularly. Use LinkedIn tools like Socialpilot to create a LinkedIn posting schedule and automate your posting for the right time and day.
TikTok is the new sweetheart of Gen-Z and baby boomers. Popular for its quirky and hilarious content, its buzz-generating power is tenfolds. Businesses are leveraging this opportunity to create a new user base for their brand. Read on to find out the statistics which can help you make creative content for the platform.
- TikTok reached over 2 billion+ downloads.
- TikTok has 850 million active users worldwide.
- TikTok has 689 million monthly active users with 167 million daily active users.
- TikTok has around 100 million monthly active U.S. users, which is a whopping 800% percent from January, 2018.
- TikTok said it has about 50 million daily active U.S. users.
- TikTok is the most downloaded app of 2020, getting 315 million downloads in Q1 2020.
- 53% of TikTok users are male and 47% are female.
- 60% of TikTokers are female and 40% of users are male in the US alone.
- 11% of the population aged 13+ uses TikTok each month.
- 60% of all users in TikTok are Gen Zers.
- TikTok is available in 154 countries and 75 languages.
- Users spend 52 minutes per day on the app. The younger TikTok population in the age bracket of 4-15 spends 80 minutes per day.
- US users alone spend almost 500 minutes monthly on TikTok.
- There are over 100 billion average monthly video views on TikTok.
- Over 34% of TikTokers shoot daily.
- 90% of all TikTok users access the app on a daily basis.
- U.S. users open TikTok 8 times a day and individual sessions on the app are the longest at 4.9 minutes - Facebook (4.7 minutes), Instagram (3.1 minutes), and Snapchat (1.6 minutes) all rank lower.
- 68% of TikTok users watch someone else’s video.
- 55% of TikTok users upload their own videos.
- TikTok is currently being used by only 4% of U.S. social media marketers.
- The 50 biggest accounts on TikTok have around 500 million followers.
- TikTok’s engagement rate is 69%.
- TikTok has surpassed Instagram as U.S. teenagers' second-favorite social media app.
- 29 percent of US teens ranked TikTok as their favorite social app.
- The most popular TikTok content categories have over one billion views.
- The most viewed content category was entertainment on TikTok, having a whopping 443.3 billion hashtag overall views.
- 63% of engaged TikTok users claim to have liked a video in the last month.
- 54% of engaged TikTok users claim to have commented on somebody else’s video in the last month.
- 63% of engaged TikTok users claim to have followed someone in the last month.
- Bytedance, TikTok's parent company, is about to hit $180 billion, making it the world's most valuable startup.
- TikTok is to pull in $500 Million worth of estimation in revenue from the U.S. alone in 2020.
- Americans have spent over $23.1 million on in-app TikTok purchases so far.
- TikTok has made $75 Million so far from in-app purchases on the App Store and Google Play.
- 42% of all TikTok revenue now comes from the USA.
- TikTok influencers with 2.5 million followers charge around $800 per post.
- Influencers on TikTok could expect a flat $500 payout for signing on to the platform plus $25 for each video they upload.
- TikTok lost $500,000 from the Indian ban.
- The ban cost TikTok a loss of 15 million new users.
- Brands are currently buying TikTok’s in-feed ads for $10 per impression with a $6,000 minimum campaign spend.
- Brands expect to pay $50,000 per day for a brand takeover with five million impressions guaranteed on TikTok.
- 61% of TikTokers mentioned that they tend to buy from brands which they see advertised and 63% consider themselves to be brand conscious.
- TikTok is now offering ad credits of $300 and $2000 for new brands advertising on the platform.
- TikTok recommends an additional $100,000 – $200,000 in ad spend within TikTok to promote a hashtag challenge.
- Challenges with hashtags cost brands $100,000+ on TikTok.
- Brand takeover ads cost anywhere between $20,000 – $200,000 on TikTok.
- 3.7% of the content on TikTok is created by brands.
- TikTok ranks 6th having 50.1 million followers.
- Flighthouse, a digital entertainment brand, is having 27.6 million followers on TikTok.
- TikTok India has a following of 24.4 million followers on TikTok.
- Musical.ly has a following of 22.9 million followers on TikTok.
One of the most popular millennial-driven platform, Snapchat, is the first social media network to introduce 'Stories'. This 5th most downloaded social media app worldwide, helps brands connect with users in their geographic areas. So to help you with a marketing plan for Snapchat, here are some interesting Snapchat statistics you wouldn't want to miss.
- There are over 249 million daily active Snapchat users as of Q3, 2020, adding 39 million DAU in the quarter.
- Snapchat saw an increase of 18% YoY growth in daily active users since 2019.
- North America has 101.4 million daily active Snapchat users while Europe has 71 million and 77 million from the rest of the world.
- Snapchat reaches 75% of millennials and Gen Z.
- 75% of all 13-34 year olds in the US use Snapchat.
- 61% of Snapchat users are female and 38% of users are male.
- The average snaps created daily in Q3 was over 4 Billion.
- The daily snap creation witnessed a growth of 25% YoY.
- On average, Snapchatters spend over 30 minutes on Snapchat every day.
- 76% of Snapchat’s daily active users engage with augmented reality.
- Total daily time spent by Snapchatters watching Discover content increased by over 35% YoY in Q1 2020.
- The average daily number of times Snapchatters watched shows increased by 50% YoY in Q3 2020.
- Total daily time spent by Snapchatters over the age of 35 watching/engaging with Discover content increased by 40% year-over-year in Q2 2020.
- According to a report about 2.1 million snaps are created every minute on Snapchat.
- Over 4 billion+ snaps were created daily.Over 4 billion+ snaps were created daily on Snapchat.
- Active users open the Snapchat app over 30 times daily.'
- Snapchat is the 7th most popular app in the US.
- Snapchat App was downloaded 75 million times.
- Snapchat scored 72 out of 100 points on a consumer satisfaction scale.
- Snapchat was ranked as the 5th most used messaging app worldwide and 2nd in the US.
- 200 million Snapchatters use Snap Maps every month to locate their friends.
- Snapchat sees an average of +500M minutes of AR playtime daily.'
- Snapchat’s engagement rate is 80%.
- 34 percent of US teens ranked Snapchat as their favorite social app.
- Videos posted on Snapchat reached 18 billion daily views.
- The longest Snapchat streak was recorded to 2033 snaps.
- 57% of the total content shared on Snapchat is videos
- 70% of Gen Z in the US has watched news on Discover content on Snapchat. There is an 80% increase in SportsCenter viewership from last quarter too.
- 50 million Snapchatters watch TV content each month.
- More than 70% of Gen Z watch Snap Originals.
- 60% of Snapchat users create new content on the app every day.
- Snapchat users created more than 1.5 million lenses with Lens Studio till date.
- Snapchat’s swipe-up rate is 5x higher than normal social media click-through rates.
- Download of Snap Camera, the desktop app that allows users to add lenses to their video conference calls, increased by as many as 30 times.
- Snapchat saw a 50% rise in video calls.
- 100 million+ Snapchatters play snap games.
- Snapchatters are spending 25% more time than usual playing with lenses.
- Snapchat confirms increased engagement on ads, with a 36% increase in install volume for app ads, and a 19% increase in swipe-up rate overall.
- Over 445 Discover Stories have been produced on COVID-19 by Snapchatters.
- Over 68 million Snapchat users worldwide have viewed COVID-19-related content on Snapchat.
- 40% of Gen Z in the US have tuned into Covid 19 content on Snapchat to stay informed.
- In Q2 2020, Snapchat generated $454 million in revenue, with an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- The average revenue per Snapchat user is $1.91.
- The average revenue per Snapchatter in North America is $3.40.
- Snapchat doubled the amount of money committed via upfronts from advertisers in 2020 vs. 2019.
- 32.7% of US marketers are on Snapchat.
- 64% of companies, such as Nike and Audi, are on Snapchat.
- 34% teenagers consider Snapchat as their preferred app in the US.
- The direct spending of millennials and Gen Z through Snapchat is around $1 trillion.
- 76% of Snapchatters make their purchases online every holiday season.
- Snapchat users are 60% more likely to make impulse purchases.
- Snapchatters are 20% more likely to make purchases on mobile.
- Snapchatters use apps to make purchases at least once a month.
- 4 out of 10 Snapchatters said they discovered a brand via celebrity endorsements.
- More than 1 out of 5 Snapchat users bought a product they discovered on Snapchat.
- 35% of Snapchatters send snaps about products they’re interested in buying.
- Geofilter shared to a national audience can reach 40-60% of the daily Snapchat users.
- 80% of users use Snapchat at a restaurant, 66% while shopping and 50% use Snapchat at the gym.
- Snapchat global advertising revenue is predicted to reach $2.62 billion.
- 64% of Snap Ads are viewed with sound on.
- 55% of Gen Z have an ad recall after watching 0 to 2 seconds of a Snapchat ad.
- Snapchat ads were seen to capture 2x the attention of users compared to Facebook .
- Snapchat Sponsored Lenses are predicted to reach 16 million daily viewers.
- Snapchat Discover Ads start at $50,000 daily.
- Sponsored lenses on Snapchat cost from $600,000 to $750,000 per day.
- Snapchat Ads are available for $3000 / month.
- Users engage with Snapchat ads at an average time of 30 seconds.
- Covergirl saw a 9 point lift in brand awareness using Snapchat and a 4.5x lift in purchasing intent in the US.
- Adidas saw a 52% return on ad spend on Snapchat.
- Gucci’s sponsored lens saw an average of 24 seconds playtime with 18M reach in a 46 days duration on Snapchat.
- Clearly’s Snapchat lens witnessed an average playtime of 33 seconds with 3.3% rise in sales.
So, how are you planning to use these statistics to your advantage in 2021?