TikTok no longer needs to prove its supremacy.
Giving a real stifling competition to the industry’s influential players, TikTok broke records and garnered billions of users.
Over the past few years, TikTok has established itself as a great intersection of content, community, and commerce.
For all brands targeting the millennials and Gen-Z population, TikTok is still a vital channel for communication. When marketed right, your brand has the potential to go viral on TikTok and influence your audience.
TikTok is constantly evolving to become a growth driver for brands by offering them a stage for raging engagement and collaboration opportunities.
Take a look at some of the TikTok statistics before you come up with that next viral trend for your brand.
TikTok Demographics Statistics
TikTok’s craze has driven the platform to great success with amazing demographic growth.
It has crossed a billion monthly active users faster than any other social media platform. More than 60% of Gen Z users use this social media app daily.
Both Genz and millennials love the creative nature of the platfrom and flock to the platform frequently for entertainment. But you will be surprised to know that 14% of TikTok usage comes from 50-64 year-olds.
The U.S. stands in first place in terms of population, with over 136.5 million people using the platform.
Females in the age group of 18-24 account for a greater share of TikTok’s audience than any gender aged 35 or more. Here are some more interesting TikTok statistics on demographics.
- TikTok has over a billion monthly active users worldwide.
- TikTok is now available in more than 200 countries.
- 52.38% of TikTok’s population worldwide are between the ages of 18 and 24.
- The United States (136.5 million), Indonesia (99 million), and Brazil (74 million) have the largest audiences on TikTok.
- As of April 2021, TikTok usage was highest among adults aged 18-29 at 48%, followed by 30-49 year-olds at 20%, and then 50-64 year-olds at 14%.
- 57% of TikTok’s global users are Female, and 43% are Male.
- Females in the age group of 18-24 account for a 24% share of TikTok’s audience, while males of the same age add up to approximately 18%.
- 60% of TikTok users GenZ.
TikTok Usage Statistics
TikTok is loved by people of all age groups. Most TikTok users spend almost an hour daily on the app, while the ones in the age group of 4-15 years spend an average of 91 minutes at one go.
Videos are the backbone of TikTok’s content strategy, as more than 100 billion videos are viewed monthly. Each of these videos also has a hashtag to boost reach and engagement.
As per key TikTok stats, 87.3% of the videos have at least a hashtag. Check out a few TikTok statistics to get some idea of the user interaction
- Android users spend 19.6 hours per month on TikTok.
- The majority of people use TikTok to find funny/entertaining content.
- TikTok has 120.5 million monthly and 30.8 million daily active users via iOS.
- TikTok has 15.54 million daily active users and 30 million monthly active users via Android.
- The average user opens TikTok 19 times per day.
- Children between 4-15 years spend 91 minutes on the app.
- According to eMarketer, 61.3% of the Gen Z population in the US access TikTok on a monthly basis.
- The U.S. users alone spend almost 500 minutes monthly on TikTok.
- There are over 100 billion average monthly video views on TikTok.
- Over 34% of TikTokers shoot daily.
- 90% of all TikTok users access the app on a daily basis.
- 68% of TikTok users watch someone else’s video.
- 55% of TikTok users upload their own videos.
- 41% of users have uploaded their reactions to other videos on TikTok.
- 87.3% of videos have at least one hashtag.
TikTok Engagement Statistics
TikTok has introduced features that help brands in creating engagement and hype quite easily. The most popular TikTok content categories have over 1 billion views.
Another thing to note here is the TikTok users’ love for micro-influencers. The engaged and dedicated audience helped micro-influencers in racking a whopping 17.96% engagement on average.
Discover more of such TikTok statistics to leverage the engagement benefits of the platform.
- In the last year, more than 1 billion videos have been viewed every day on the app.
- 64% of Tik Tok users have tried face filters or lenses.
- Some 35% of TikTok users have participated in a hashtag challenge.
- The average engagement rate on TikTok is 5.95%
- 90% of TikTok users open the app multiple times.
- 43% of users have taken part in duets.
- The most viewed content category was “Entertainment” on TikTok, having a whopping 545 billion hashtag overall views.
- The hashtag “fyp” is the most used hashtag.
- 90% of TikTok users reported that sound is an essential aspect of the TikTok experience.
- 63% of engaged TikTok users claim to have liked a video in the last month.
- 54% of engaged TikTok users claim to have commented on somebody else’s video.
- According to Upfluence, micro and mega influencers on TikTok had an engagement rate of 17.96% and 4.96%, respectively.
Interesting Read: How to Go Live on TikTok to Improve Engagement with Your Followers
TikTok Business Statistics
TikTok has had enough business opportunities for individuals and brands alike. Last year, TikTok rolled out multiple shopping features to empower social commerce on the platform.
And it worked, as TikTok buyers in the US increased by 72.3%, reaching a total of 23.7 million.
TikTok’s live features stand out as one of the best formats to increase brand awareness and grow sales. Users on Tiktok love to catch their favorite brands live. A TikTok study reveals that 50% of TikTok users have bought something after watching TikTok LIVE
Are you using TikTok? You should because brands are actively present on the platform, posting 3-4 posts on average weekly.
Here are some of the eye-opening TikTok statistics on the platform’s contribution to businesses.
- Consumer spending on TikTok has surpassed $2.5 billion globally.
- TikTok buyers in the US increased by 72.3%, reaching a total of 23.7 million.
- 42% of all TikTok revenue now comes from the U.S.
- 50% of TikTok users who
- TikTok influencers with 2.5 million followers charge around $800 per post.
- Bytedance, TikTok’s parent company, has seen a drop in its valuation compared to the 2021
- number of $ 400 billion to $300 billion last year.
- Brands post an average of 3-4 posts weekly.
- 50% of TikTok users have bought something after watching TikTok LIVE.
- 1 in 3 Tiktok live users considers TikTok their go-to place to connect with brands.
TikTok Ads Insights
The fact that you can go viral overnight has pushed most brands to go for TikTok ads. Businesses are ready to pay $50,000 per day for a brand takeover with 5 million impressions guaranteed on TikTok. Why?
Overall, TikTok advertising is more expensive compared to advertising on Facebook or Instagram. But they are effective in driving better end results. 61% of TikTokers mentioned that they tend to buy from brands they see advertised on the platform.
Take branded hashtag challenges into consideration for once. 90% of branded hashtag challenges generate 2.5X ROI on ad spend.
Look at more of these TikTok stats to strategize your ads on the platform effectively.
- In 2022, TikTok’s revenue from advertising saw a significant increase of 200% year over year, reaching a total of $11.04 billion.
- TikTok has an ad reach of roughly 885 million people.
- TikTok offers five advertising tiers aimed at big brands. One of which, a branded hashtag challenge, reportedly costs $150,000 per day.
- TikTok ads reach 17.9% of all internet users aged 18+.
- 63% of All Successful TikTok Ads Communicate Their Message Right Away.
- Partnering with creators boosts view-through rates by 193%.
- TikTok Ads reach 25% of Female Gen Z users and 17.9% of male Gen Z users.
- TikTok’s ad revenue is greater than Snapchat and Twitter combined.
- A brand takeover can cost anywhere from $50K to $100K daily, with 5 million impressions guaranteed on TikTok.
- With TikTok video ads, you can send users to a landing page, an app page, or your website.
- 90% of branded hashtag challenges generate 2.5X ROI on ad spend.
- Challenges with hashtags cost brands $100,000+ on TikTok.
- TikTok ads start at $10 per 1000 views with a $500 minimum per campaign.
- 61% of TikTokers mentioned that they tend to buy from brands they see advertised, and 63% consider themselves brand conscious.
- Brands are currently buying TikTok’s in-feed ads for $10 per impression with a $6,000 minimum campaign spend.
- Brands create 3.7% of the content on TikTok.
- 33% of customers respond better when ads refer to them directly on TikTok.
- 50% of ads have emotional messages.
Interesting Read: What TikTok Shopping Means for the Growing Social Commerce
It took Instagram six years after its start to reach a billion monthly active users, which TikTok did in less than three. It took the better four years for Facebook to reach the same monthly active user mark.
No wonder why marketers are making an appearance on TikTok.
The platform is also the birthplace of captivating social media trends for young consumers. U.S. users spend an average of 500 minutes per month using the app due to its retentive content, which keeps them engaged for a longer time duration.
Its quick video format isn’t just for dance challenges and lip-syncing, but those are two of its most well-known uses. TikTok creators utilize social media capabilities to talk about difficult topics, advocate for change, and educate their viewers on various niches.
Are you looking for more statistics? Here is the list of all the latest social media statistics: