TikTok no longer needs to prove its supremacy.
Giving a real stifling competition to the industry’s influential players, TikTok broke records and garnered billions of users.
And it also emerged a trend, short-form videos.
For all brands targeting the Gen-Z population, TikTok is still a vital channel for communication. When marketed right, your brand has the potential to go viral on TikTok and influence your audience.
From captivating hashtag trends to record-breaking views, TikTok is taking off the ground by offering brands a stage for raging engagement and collaboration opportunities.
Take a look at some of the TikTok statistics before you come up with that next viral trend for your brand.
TikTok Demographics Statistics
TikTok’s craze has driven the platform to great success with amazing demographic growth.
Despite the ban, TikTok has crossed a billion monthly active users. More than 60% of Gen Z users use this social media app daily. Almost 69% of all U.S. teens are active on TikTok.
Females in the age group of 18-24 account for a greater share of TikTok’s audience than any gender aged 35 or more. Here are some more interesting TikTok statistics on demographics.
- TikTok has over a billion monthly active users worldwide, as per the latest stats.
- TikTok has around 120.8 million active U.S. users.
- 56.1% of TikTok users are female, and 43.9% are male.
- 45% of TikTok users are in the age group of 18-24.
- Females in the age group of 18-24 account for a greater share of TikTok’s audience than any gender aged 35 or more.
- 69% of the U.S. teens use TikTok.
- 63% of Gen Z use TikTok on a daily basis.
- After the U.S., Indonesia(87.5 million), Brazil(72.3 million), and the Russian Federation(48.8 million) account for most users on TikTok.
- 20% of TikTok users earn more than $75,000.
TikTok Usage Statistics
TikTok is loved by people of all age groups. Most TikTok users spend almost an hour daily on the app, while the ones in the age group of 4-15 years spend an average of 75 minutes at one go.
Videos are the backbone of TikTok content strategy as more than 100 billion videos are viewed monthly. Each of these videos also has a hashtag to boost reach and engagement.
As per key TikTok stats, 87.3% of the videos have at least a hashtag. Check out a few TikTok statistics to get some idea of the user interaction.
- Users spend 52 minutes per day on the app.
- Children between 4-15 years spend 75 minutes on the app.
- The U.S. users alone spend almost 500 minutes monthly on TikTok.
- There are over 100 billion average monthly video views on TikTok.
- Over 34% of TikTokers shoot daily.
- 90% of all TikTok users access the app on a daily basis.
- 68% of TikTok users watch someone else’s video.
- 55% of TikTok users upload their own videos.
- 41% of users have uploaded their reactions to other videos on TikTok.
- 87.3% of videos have at least one hashtag.
TikTok Engagement Statistics
TikTok has introduced features that help brands in creating engagement and hype quite easily. The most popular TikTok content categories have over 1 billion views. Another thing to note here is the TikTok users’ love for influencers and celebrities. 25% of the featured videos are either by celebrities or influencers, which makes TikTok marketers invest in influencer marketing.
Did you know that there are approximately 12 engagements in the form of likes, comments, shares, etc., per 100 views? Discover more of such TikTok statistics to leverage the engagement benefits of the platform.
- The engagement rate of TikTok is 18%.
- 90% of TikTok users open the app multiple times.
- 90% of TikTok users use android.
- 43% of users have taken part in duets.
- The most popular TikTok content categories have over 1 billion views.
- The most viewed content category was entertainment on TikTok, having a whopping 443.3 billion hashtag overall views.
- 63% of engaged TikTok users claim to have liked a video in the last month.
- 54% of engaged TikTok users claim to have commented on somebody else’s video.
- 25% of the featured videos are either by celebrities or influencers.
- There are approximately 12 engagements in the form of likes, comments, shares, etc., per 100 views.
- Brands post an average of 3-4 posts weekly.
- 80% of the top videos have music.
TikTok Business Statistics
TikTok has had enough business opportunities for individuals and brands alike. Bytedance is all set to cross $400 billion and grew its revenue by 60%. Here are some of the eye-opening TikTok statistics on the platform’s contribution to businesses.
- Bytedance, TikTok’s parent company, is about to hit $400 billion in 2022.
- In-app purchases increased by 500% as per TikTok stats of 2018-19. TikTok also saw an additional jump of 380% in 2020-21.
- TikTok revenue grew by 60% in 2021.
- 42% of all TikTok revenue now comes from the U.S.
- TikTok influencers with 2.5 million followers charge around $800 per post.
- Influencers on TikTok could expect a flat $500 payout for signing on to the platform plus $25 for each video they upload.
- TikTok lost $500,000 from the Indian ban.
- The ban cost TikTok a loss of 15 million new users.
TikTok Ads Insights
The fact that you can go viral overnight has pushed most brands to go for TikTok ads. Businesses are even ready to pay $50,000 per day for a brand takeover with 5 million impressions guaranteed on TikTok. Why?
61% of TikTokers mentioned that they tend to buy from brands they see advertised. Have a look at more of these TikTok stats to strategize your ads on the platform effectively.
- Brands are currently buying TikTok’s in-feed ads for $10 per impression with a $6,000 minimum campaign spend.
- Brands expect to pay $50,000 per day for a brand takeover with 5 million impressions guaranteed on TikTok.
- 61% of TikTokers mentioned that they tend to buy from brands they see advertised, and 63% consider themselves brand conscious.
- TikTok is now offering ad credits of $300 and $2000 for new brands advertising on the platform.
- TikTok recommends an additional $100,000-$200,000 in ad spend within TikTok to promote a hashtag challenge.
- Challenges with hashtags cost brands $100,000+ on TikTok.
- Brand takeover ads cost anywhere between $20,000-$200,000 on TikTok.
- Brands create 3.7% of the content on TikTok.
- 33% of customers respond better when ads refer to them directly on TikTok.
- 50% of ads have emotional messages.
TikTok Top Brands
Brands on TikTok have already garnered followers in millions. Follow them to understand what content marketing strategy they use to elevate their promotion.
Note how often they post and what all hashtags they use so you can come up with an impactful regime for your business as well. Here are the top brands with respective TikTok statistics on their followers.
- TikTok has 59.3 million followers on its own platform.
- Flighthouse, a digital entertainment brand, has 28.1 million followers on TikTok.
- XO Team has 25.3 million followers on TikTok.
- Yolo House has a following of 23.3 million followers on TikTok.
- PSG has 23.2 million followers on TikTok.
It took Instagram six years after its start to reach a billion monthly active users that TikTok did in less than three. It took the better part of four years for Facebook to reach the same monthly active user mark.
No wonder why marketers are making an appearance on TikTok.
The platform is also the birthplace of captivating social media trends for young consumers. Users spend an average of 52 minutes per day using the app due to its retentive content, which keeps them engaged for a longer time duration.
Its quick video format isn’t just for dance challenges and lip-syncing, but those are two of its most well-known uses. TikTok creators utilize social media capabilities to talk about difficult topics, advocate for change, and educate their viewers on various niches.
Now that one more app is added to your social media apps list, managing it all must be a herculean task.
That’s why we insist on using a tool like SocialPilot that lets you take control of all your social media marketing from a single tab. You can curate, create, schedule, analyze, and even download reports on your social media performance on more than 8 top social media platforms.
Take its 14-day free trial and explore it yourself!