Part 1: Rising Above the Rest: Top Strategies for Growing a Winning Marketing Agency with Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media
In this episode of The Art of Social Media, Tejas Mehta is joined by Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media. They discuss the difficulties of finding a good marketing agency, the golden tips for growing an agency, and how to reach the top of the marketing game.
- 2:34 – 3:54 – Bringing Fortune 500 Marketing to Masses – In the marketing world, numerous agencies claim they can help other businesses grow, yet fail themselves. Hawke Media, on the other hand, has the expertise and know-how to successfully scale a company, which has led to its status as one of the largest independent agencies in the US that work with small and medium-sized enterprises.
- 3:54 – 5:14 – Why Do Most Marketing Agencies Fail? – A significant number of agencies lack an understanding of gross margins and profitability. As a result, they frequently rely on misleading metrics like return on ad spend, which offer no real benefits for your company. In fact, approximately eighty percent of such agencies attempt to market flashy solutions they don’t understand.
- 5:15 – 6:31 – Growing a Successful Marketing Agency – First, you have to know and be good at what you’re doing, or you will lose clients. Then you have to develop a highly-efficient sales engine. But it all starts with being good at marketing and understanding how to help your clients.
- 7:05 – 8:10 – Hiring the Right Agency – Many small agencies tend to make lofty promises but deliver underwhelming results. So it’s significant to know how to select the top agencies. Rely on credible sources and avoid taking unnecessary risks. Conduct thorough research to verify that the agency you’re considering has successfully completed similar projects in the past.
Part 2: Revolutionize Your Social Media Game with Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media
In this episode of The Art of Social Media, Tejas Mehta is joined by Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media. They discuss unique tactics and strategies for smaller companies, the relevance of organic marketing on social media, and the potential uses of TikTok, Metaverse, and AI in marketing.
- 0:27 – 1:50 – Strategies for Small Businesses in the Digital Age – Being nimble and iterative can provide a tactical advantage, but it is important to give enough time for ads to play out before making decisions. The average sales cycle for products online is usually between three weeks and three months, so patience is key.
- 1:50 – 2:40 – Maximizing Organic Reach on Social Media – Organic marketing on social media is still relevant, but tracking performance can be difficult. Organic publishing should be used more for branding as it generally only reaches 0.1% of an audience.
- 2:42 – 3:44 – The Power of TikTok – For advertising purposes, TikTok is incredible, hyper-addictive, and built on an interest graph instead of a social graph, making it a compelling platform for advertising. However, the problem is on the geopolitical side, as countries like India banned it, and others are looking into it.
- 4:30 – 5:48 – Leveraging Hawke Media’s AI – Hawke AI, which has 8,000 companies marketing data running through it in real-time, can benchmark against individual companies to provide valuable metrics, such as CPMs or click-through rates, to help optimize performance.
- 7:00 – 8:28 – The Future of Social Media – While social media can be a powerful advertising platform for marketers, it can also lead to hyper-addiction and antisocial tendencies in youth. Though it’s hard to predict what the future will look like, especially with the rise of Metaverse and AI, social media will remain hyper-addicted and exciting for marketers and people.