LinkedIn is no longer an ordinary job portal. It has become a lead generation mine. Social media statistics conclude that 80% of the social media leads come from LinkedIn alone. No wonder why marketers rush to reap the most from this platform. And in this venture, LinkedIn automation tools can become your allies. They help you publish your content for the right audience at the right time and maximize your reach, so you gain the upper hand.
They resort to a personalized approach for your user interactions. Communication is preferred via LinkedIn as emails can be too mainstream. Now, you can’t guarantee a 24/7 human presence to handle incoming messages. So you can employ these LinkedIn automation software instead. They are smart enough to hold a conversation with complete context and in a hyper-personalized manner.
The best thing about LinkedIn automation tools is that they not only automate repetitive and redundant tasks but do a lot of intelligent groundwork. For example, some tools generate leads for you and provide features that make following up with prospects a cakewalk. These features enable you to quickly refresh your prior communication with them before heading out for a meeting.
We’ve discussed in the following sections twelve such brilliant LinkedIn automation tools to speed up and improve LinkedIn marketing for you.
12 Best LinkedIn Automation Tools For All Your Marketing Needs
SocialPilot, in simple words, is an easy-to-use social media management and marketing platform. Its superpower is that it helps you build and execute your social media work from the ground up. Be it creating content, automating and scheduling your posts, analyzing post performance, or even managing your brand’s online reputation, SocialPilot got your back. When it comes to LinkedIn automation, all these features will make you stay ahead of the competition.
Using SocialPilot as your LinkedIn automation tool can get you a complete overview of your LinkedIn Company page. The insights that the tool fetches for you help you set performance benchmarks. You get to view your page performance on metrics like the number of followers you have, the number of updates you have made, engagement and clicks, engagement growth, click-through growth, and much more.
Once you’ve tracked your page performance, now is the time to optimize the posts you share on your page to fetch more engagement. SocialPilot allows you to create more engaging channel-specific posts. Using SocialPilot’s LinkedIn publishing features, you can upload images or select from the page URL you are posting in seconds. You can even attach videos, carousel posts, gifs, infographics, etc., in your copy to make your content more engaging. Automatic scheduling for LinkedIn allows you to line up your social content to go live on scheduled and set intervals. You can also use SocialPilot to mention other pages to grab their attention immediately.
Creating and sharing meaningful content is just half of what SocialPilot can do. Other than that, you can also use the tool for in-depth analysis of your content performance. You can dig into insights and find your most popular and favorite posts on LinkedIn. For example, if you’ve published a carousel post for the first time to share your brand story on LinkedIn, you can measure your LinkedIn post performance. You will get to know if this content format is fetching you more than the average engagement rate and should you be resharing this particular post.
SocialPilot also offers intelligent reporting capability to create visually appealing reports. LinkedIn Analytics PDF Report can be downloaded immediately and shared via email. Graphs and charts can be added to these reports in no time, helping your clients get a gist of your LinkedIn marketing without any further head-scratching at numbers.
What SocialPilot Users Say
They have a really nice “reporting” system which alerts you if there is a problem with a post or a network error on one of the social sites. Their support is spot on and always available and they are willing to do hands on training for staff members as they come on board. Really impressive.
As the name suggests, Linked Helper is there to help you with your LinkedIn automation boosting your brand visibility on this social media channel. You can automatically endorse your contacts, even if you have hundreds of them, in no time. In return, a lot of contacts will also endorse your company or brand. As a result, your brand/company’s visibility on LinkedIn will go up and with minimum effort. Linked Helper’s auto mailing system is another spectacular feature that you can use to keep your communication going with business partners open 24/7, 365 days a year. This feature personalizes all communication or interaction that goes out from your LinkedIn profile to your connections.
Pros of using Linked Helper
- You can automatically add your signature to messages you send out to your connections, making it more professional and personalized.
- Using Linked Helper’s super powerful lists manager, you can build smart lead generation funnels and avoid overlaps between different campaigns that you are running at the same time.
Robotization is the best element – Linked Helper spares you a monstrous measure of time.There is little help or preparation, yet it is taking care of business that we needed it to.
Cons of using Linked Helper
- You can’t use emojis in your content as Linked Helper doesn’t support this format. And, your copy ends up looking unprofessional.
- The tool gives trouble with contact gathering at times. This is a technical glitch that can ruin your marketing efforts.
There are a few inconveniences with Linked Helper. The software stops running if you even minimize your window. I bounce between Safari & Chrome frequently so this is not ideal for me. The functions are helpful but the layout could use improvement.
One of the newest LinkedIn automation tools on this list, Expandi is a cloud-based platform that can help you increase your profile by creating connector campaigns, personalizing your messages, using advanced targeting options, and much more. You can set all of this up pretty easily on your own, with their intuitive design and simple controls.
The automated campaigns in Expandi are perfectly set up to be compliant with LinkedIn safety rules. That means the number of connections you send out on a daily basis will be capped to avoid detection, but you will still get great results as your account starts warming up.
You can create drip campaigns with follow-ups that will automatically trigger when your prospects answer one of your messages.
Pros of using Expandi
- Expandi offers some of the best advanced targeting features. For example, you can find people who engaged with a specific LinkedIn post, then it extracts their profiles and targets them with a personalized message in just a few clicks.
Cons of using Expandi
- At $99 per month, Expandi is a little pricey compared to some of the other tools on the list.
- To use some of the advanced targeting options (like creating custom CSV lists), Expandi alone won’t be enough. You will need to use other tools to complement it.
If you are a start-up or sales team looking to supercharge their lead generation efforts and get more qualified leads from LinkedIn into your sales funnel, Zopto is a great choice that you could pick from this list of LinkedIn automation tools.
Zopto, a cloud-based software, takes less than five minutes to set up. All you need is a LinkedIn Premium or Sales Navigator account, and you can get started with the amazing functionalities that Zopto provides for LinkedIn lead generation. When you sign-up for Zopto, you get access to a ‘dashboard’ that collects and presents insights and statistics about the campaigns you are running on LinkedIn for lead generation.
Apart from automating your lead generation process, the tool also helps you capture new markets that are currently outside your network.
Pros of using Zopto
- Using advanced filters, you can target your ideal client for each campaign running on LinkedIn. You can, for example, apply filters and targets by location, industry, company size, title, seniority level, technology that the company uses, number of followers, and much more.
- Zopto allows you to select the desired level of engagement for each campaign that you are running on LinkedIn. You can enable settings like Connection Invites, Sequential Messaging, Free InMails, Twitter Engagement, or Profile View Generator to maximize engagement on your campaign.
This software is amazing at helping to narrow down and target the correct leads and follow up easily. One seat on this software has yielded more results and appointments than a team of 2-3 SDRs working 10-15 hours a week without it. It drastically reduces the time spent researching leads while ensuring uniform, consistent targeting.
Cons of using Zopto
- You can’t automatically cancel a campaign if you end up accidentally contacting the wrong people.
- Their billing practices are not clean, and it often feels like they aren’t true with their customers. They don’t care about informing when your free trial ends, and you become a billable user without being intended.
There is a lack of documentation and you need to go by a trial and error method which can lead to time wasting -Interface design is a little bit old -Manipulating list of profiles is a little bit challenging.
MeetAlfred is one of the best LinkedIn automation tools that focuses on end-to-end social selling campaigns. Because social selling requires you to push out the right message at the right time to the right user, you need a tool that drives personalized communication on a platform like LinkedIn. MeetAlfed is one such tool, which helps you automate such conversations yet keep the essence of personalization alive in your messages.
Using this LinkedIn automation tool, you can send multiple connection requests to your connections in a flash. By installing MeetAlfed on Chrome, you can even send bulk messages. However, if sending out messages in bulk seems too pushy a tactic, you can even send out notifications to your connections, keeping the message personalized, using MeetAlfred.
Additionally, MeetAlfred can also be used to maximize engagement and conversions from the connections you have made on LinkedIn. Using its CRM functionality, you can create and run different LinkedIn campaigns for your LinkedIn audience base to keep connected and engaged with your company/brand.
Pros of using MeetAlfred
- You get complete insights on your LinkedIn campaigns’ real-time performance. Fetch actionable insights by logging into the dashboard. You can optimize your campaigns for your follower base. The cherry on the cake is that you can dig deep into the activity tracking on every lead. This way, you really get to understand how interested each lead is..
- The tool auto-detects any Linkedin warnings that have been made based on certain factors, such as surpassing the limits of campaigns run based on your Linkedin membership.
Exactly what I have been waiting for! Easy to use, great interface, and a time saver sent from above. The support team responds fast and does everything possible to help you 🙂
Cons of using MeetAlfred
- They don’t accept payments by debit card. Therefore, you must have a Mastercard or an American Express card to use Meet Alfred.
- For $49 a month, you can manage only one LinkedIn profile. This is a bit expensive when with tools like SocialPilot, you get to manage over 25 social media profiles at just around $50..
The app doesn’t work and cannot delete it off my machine. I have tried everything. Customer support is not helpful.
Crystal is one-of-a-kind mentioned in this list of best LinkedIn automation tools. Marketers have been smartly using it to reap the many benefits that it offers. The tool is indispensable at times when it is essential to know and understand your customers, why they do something, what motivates them to buy, and how they behave. Touted to be the “world’s largest personality platform”. Crystal can accurately predict anyone’s personality from a LinkedIn profile. Interesting, isn’t it?
When you know your customer so much in detail, there is very little scope of going wrong with how you communicate with them and what offers you pitch to them. Would it not make it so much simpler to communicate with a certain LinkedIn connection or with a lead if you know their personality? Wouldn’t it work so much better than a cold call? Knowing your customer in that much detail also makes social selling extremely impactful.
Pros of using Crystal
- Because Crystal uses artificial intelligence to assess personality traits, the results that you get are highly accurate. Crystal’s AI-based engine helps predict behavioral patterns by analyzing text samples, assessment responses, and other attributes.
- Crystal gets you insights into your connections’ personality profiles and suggests the best ways of interacting and communicating with them. Should you be reaching out to them on LinkedIn messages or opt for email instead? These insights help you select the preferred channel of communication.
I love the insights that Crystal provides. As a Sales Development Rep, I am constantly looking for ways to personalize messaging to prospects I am reaching out to. The way that Crystal compiles information and recommends a style of messaging has helped improve response rates when cold emailing.
Cons of using Crystal
- You get to analyze only ten people a month if you want to use Crystal for free. Doing more research than that will need you to pay for the tool.
- There is a scope of bias that can make the results inaccurate because those taking the DISC test might not actually be true in all their answers.
This tool isn’t really a part of my typical sales process. I don’t find myself using it that often unless I have a brand new client that is tough to understand. I also feel that there are times that I don’t fully understand where the information on the person came from. That would be helpful.
Dux-Soup has recently emerged as quite a popular tool for LinkedIn lead generation automation. An easy-to-use tool, Dux-Soup, makes finding leads, nurturing them, and getting them close to conversion a smoothly streamlined exercise.
Communicating with your prospects on LinkedIn becomes a more organized and chaos-free task with Dux-Soup. You get to personalize your messages and add interesting elements like images to your automated messages, making them seem more human.
On visiting prospects’ profiles for future correspondence or thinking about following up with them, you can drop notes and tags based on your observations. Later on, you can reference these tags, notes, etc., to frame your messaging for them.
Pros of using Dux-Soup
- Even a beginner can easily set up drip campaigns for LinkedIn using Dux-Soup.
- Their support team is a fantastic bunch. They also provide live chat support during EU and US business hours, which is an impressive effort towards faster and better customer query resolution.
The thing that I like best about Dux-Soup is that it runs autonomously. The fact that it can pull up information about the contacts visited is absolutely mind-boggling.
Cons of using Dux-Soup
- Your device might slow down when you install Dux-Soup as a chrome extension, and your LinkedIn account will load very slowly. This makes the overall experience bad.
- The interface is clunky and not intuitive. It takes time to learn how to use the tool properly.
My strong recommendation is to improve user experience all around. A complete UX overhaul was needed! The Dux-Soup Turbo license is too expensive.
As compared to other tools on this list, Cirrus Insight is simple. Nonetheless, it is quite a powerful tool with a clear-cut objective. The idea behind this is to let you know every action that a person has taken after viewing content that you’ve shared with them through LinkedIn. LinkedIn’s InMail functionality only allows you to reach out to your connections with documents, messages, links, etc., attached in your message.
But Cirrus Insight allows you to link any document to your message and track engagement levels with it. For example, you get to track when your attached document was opened; what pages on the document were read, time spent reading the attachment, etc.
With such insights, you can understand which of your connections are interested in reading your shared content and who are going cold. These insights also help you create a better follow-up strategy for different segments of prospects – dormant, actively engaged, etc.
Pros of using Cirrus Insight
- You can easily install a Chrome extension for Attach and get started with creating and sharing trackable links right in your inbox. Retrieving such important details about content engagement levels takes literally only about two minutes if you are using a fuss-free tool like Attach.
- Attach easily integrates with Google Docs, Dropbox, etc., so you can use a range of file formats in your LinkedIn messages.
Attach gives us real control over who is looking at documents. The reporting makes it easy to see who is really reading what you share vs. those who skim the document.
Cons of using Cirrus Insight
- Simple to use, yet it is not designed keeping the ease of user experience in mind. You can’t send emails directly using this. This means that you have to toggle between two screens.
- It does not provide on-phone support. Integration support is also not available to users.
The billing of the service is from the parent company. Lately invitations shared with prospects are not showing up as unviewed.
Once again, we have a name that would not typically fit in as a social media tool on our list of LinkedIn automation tools. IFTTT, or If This Then That, is a new-age artificial intelligence-based platform striving to build a better-connected world. However, the kind of capabilities that this tool provides can be excellently put to use for LinkedIn automation.
IFTTT has several preset automation called “recipes,” which can be applied to prospect screening, lead nurturing, etc. For example, if a prospect “downloads an ebook from a LinkedIn message,” then ‘send an email newsletter.’ Or if followers “unfollow LinkedIn profile,” then send them an email message “We’d like you to stay. Where we went wrong – Feedback”.
Following are a few IFTTT recipes that can be used for LinkedIn automation:
- Automatically post images on LinkedIn that you have uploaded on Instagram.
- Automatically share Facebook Page photos to your LinkedIn network with the defined hashtags.
- Share your WordPress post as soon as it is published automatically on your LinkedIn profile or with specific LinkedIn groups.
Pros of using IFTTT
- Very easy to understand and use. The IFTTT recipes are simple to set up. You don’t need to be a coding or machine learning expert to run IFTTT applications in real life scenarios.
- You can integrate IFTTT with the best of tools to get the most out of your internet of things experiments or even if you are using it for business applications. The product works well with SaaS products making it fit for social media management and lead generation.
If you are looking to do more than just what your automation items can do out of the box and you are just getting started, then IFTTT is what you need to begin with.
Cons of using IFTTT
- Some of the triggers fail to work for some reason. There is no way to find out what a ‘recipe’ did not work as required.
- You can set up only one condition. In other words, you can’t set up “If this and this” or “if this or this” type of commands using IFTTT.
I wish that I could use 1 command to do multiple tasks. With IFTTT you can only automate 1 task but it is possible to make 1 command do other tasks with the same command but it is a tedious process.
Aeroleads is the business email and phone number finder that lets you connect with the most influential personalities in your niche. Ever encountered a situation where you need to enter an email to verify yourself fit for connection? Aeroleads gives you a solution for such sticky scenarios.
This LinkedIn automation tool gives you opportunities for better lead generation by automating the entire process seamlessly. All the results are relevant and valid in real-time.
Another benefit of Aeroleads is that it lets you customize your messages while integrating with the top CRM solutions. It works with LinkedIn sales navigator and even sites like Crunchbase and AngelList.
Pros of using Aeroleads
- Emails suggested by Aeroleads are updated and relevant, automating LinkedIn connections.
- Data can be exported to CSV files for record purposes.
- Its integration with LinkedIn is seamless. The chrome extension is pretty easy to set up and use.
Their free plan offers valuable tools at low cost. The ability to acquire additional credits while on the free plan is great and overall low effort. For someone to gain value using this tool they should be a very consistent LinkedIn user as well.
Cons of using Aeroleads
- The integration at times causes lag in LinkedIn.
- The UI is a bit outdated.
- You run the risk of losing credits if the connections are not befitting your needs.
AeroLeads finds only business emails and phone numbers – the phone number sometimes will be the corporate phone number of the company and not the office desk phone number of that prospect.
Dripify is quite an advanced LinkedIn automation software that creates your sales funnel in mere minutes. This cloud-based tool uses advanced algorithms for your prospect analysis. All you need to do is import leads to the tool from CSV files and build a foolproof prospecting sequence. Then, set the time intervals and triggers from the intuitive control panel, and you are done.
The integration of the tool with CRM solutions is fantastic for launching campaigns. You can also conduct A/B testings before going live. Managing leads is an absolute child play with Dripify.
You can also establish selective workflow and onboard your team members with preferential roles and privileges. Finally, you get to analyze your everyday LinkedIn dynamics in trackable metrics and even get a downloadable lead summary report.
Pros of using Dripify
- Learning is easy with video tutorials and other resources
- No technical skills are needed to manage drip campaigns and integration.
- The user interface is simple and accessible.
I can maximize my time using Dripify! I refuse to send spammy emails, fill my newsfeed with posts that nobody wants to see, and annoy people! I am focused on providing value and connecting with those in the same industry as me. Those who are interested, connect. Those who are not interested, don’t. It is as simple as that. It’s not personal. It’s business, and Dripify makes it simple to differentiate between the two.
Cons of using Dripify
- Data downloading options can be improvised.
- Its mobile app isn’t available.
The campaign sequences allow for an advanced automation workflow that has a lot of flexibility. I’d like to be able to save a sequence to use it on other campaigns but I’m sure that will come soon.
LiProspects is a LinkedIn automation suite that utilizes its humanized algorithm to manage outreach and follow-ups for you. View more profiles with autopilot features to get noticed. You can now automate LinkedIn connection requests and follow-ups to target accounts with personalized messages. Worried about your in-mail credits? Here you get to rejoice 800 in-mails.
Getting started with LiProspects is a quick 5 minutes process. The prospect manager feature monitors your leads in a humanized way. Run unlimited campaigns with a campaign manager and enjoy the auto-tracking benefits.
With LiProspects, get your hands-on campaign metrics with A/B testing functionality and nurture leads like never before. The tool is also compatible with CRM integrations and customized imports. Growing is easy with its smart features that tackle repetitive tasks.
Pros of using LiProspects
- LiProspects has provisions for unlimited campaigns and targeting features.
- It comes with 4G mobile proxy integration.
- The UI is user-friendly and easy to use.
The rate of development has been amazing and the features are top notch. This is far beyond a new product, while new to the market, the features are advanced. This deal is a must!
Cons of using LiProspects
- Customer support is okay.
- There have been instances of the tool being unresponsive.
So far support responds fast but is unable to offer me solution. Also the app is glitchy. Some messages disappear and you have to type them again.
Over to you
Just discovered that LinkedIn could be a good marketing platform for your company? That’s great. However, you might be confused about getting started with LinkedIn marketing. At this point, you’ll need a tool that takes away the pain of having to publish multiple posts across different time zones for different clients.
We suggest you automate your LinkedIn social media marketing with a tool like SocialPilot. At a pocket-friendly price, you can quickly get started with content marketing customized for your LinkedIn audience. The best part of using such automated software will maximize your reach without any spammy intent.
Starting with an intuitive tool eases content planning and publishing, gives complete engagement insights and helps you manage all your marketing efforts on LinkedIn to ensure that the channel wins you the kind of engagement you are hoping for.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can automate posting on LinkedIn with social media automation tools like SocialPilot. This will fetch you more views opening doors to more leads.
LinkedIn tools aid in synchronization of LinkedIn activities like posting, automating replies, tracking campaign performances, sending out connection requests, and building a loyal follower base. There are multiple LinkedIn tools available like SocialPilot, Aeroleads, Dripify, LiProspects, etc.
Automation tools in LinkedIn like SocialPilot improve your overall performance on LinkedIn by boosting your reach to the right audience at the best time. Some tools can also automate LinkedIn connections with personalized messaging and follow-ups.
The reasons behind using a LinkedIn automation tool are:
- They help you publish content for the right audience at the right time, making your LinkedIn presence stronger.
- They allow you to bring in a personalized approach to your user interactions.
- They automate redundant and repetitive tasks with a lot of other intelligent work.
The best LinkedIn automation tools you can choose from are:
- LinkedIn Helper
- Cirrus Insights
You can use tools like SocialPilot to improve your LinkedIn page and share audience-centric posts to pique their interests in your offerings when they are most active. These will ensure you reach your target audience and gain maximum engagement. You can also keep track of everyday metrics to make decisive actions.