More About Facebook Lookalike Audience
To create a lookalike audience, data analysis and algorithms are used to find trends and similarities within a target demographic. Based on this data, the platform can identify and target a broader set of individuals who share similar characteristics with the initial audience.
Since Facebook introduced the lookalike audience feature in 2013, this feature has been extensively used by businesses across the world.
Here is how you can create Lookalike Audience:
- Go to Audiences in Meta Ads Manager.
- Click the Create a Lookalike Audience option.
- Choose the country or countries where you want to find a comparable group of people.
- Choose your preferred audience size with the slide.
- Select Create Audience.
Wondering why you should create a lookalike audience? What will you get out of it? Some of the benefits of a Facebook Lookalike Audience are as follows:
- A Lookalike audience enables you to attract new people to your online space, hence increasing brand visibility.
- Facebook generates the lookalike audience based on the model of your highest converting current customers. As a result, their conversion rates are typically far higher than those of other targeted choices.
- You have control over the amount of your audience on Facebook. This guarantees that you won’t spend more money than you had planned.
- Lookalike audiences will be acquired at relatively lower rates than the general population. This is because a lookalike audience offers exact source targeting.
Lookalike audiences are generated through the comparison of multiple data points, including demographics, interests, online behaviors, previous purchases, and interaction with social media or a brand’s website.
Here is an image of the Lookalike Audience option on Meta Ads Manager. Check out the various fields that you’re required to fill in order to create a broader audience.