With TikTok and Reels hitting sensational numbers of engagement, nobody can undermine the importance of videos.
As per the Wyzowl studies, 86% of businesses use videos in their social media marketing regime. This content form also accounts for more than 80% of the web traffic!
All thanks to the right social media tools that make editing and publishing any video a child’s play. But how do you find the perfect one?
Let’s figure it out!
Although it depends on your personal preferences and the intent behind using video tools, it is critical to determine if it has the following features.
Enhanced Editing Capabilities
It is best to choose a video tool that allows you to edit sounds, images, and videos creatively. You should be able to add animations and effects to your videos hassle-free. The editing possibilities are important for creating impactful social media videos.
Format refers to the shape of the videos or animations. Popular social media video tools allow users to produce videos in landscape and portrait formats efficiently. Moreover, they give you complete control over clip optimization for making it shareable on different social media platforms.
Direct Importing Channels
Video tools that allow direct importing to different platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, or others save you from menaces. Hence, they are some of the best solutions that you must use.
User-friendly and Interactive
Some video tools are mainly built for professionals. You need to be skilled enough to use them. However, several other tools are relatively easier to use, devoid of steep learning curves.
Last but not least, your best video production tools must strike the delicate balance between the quality of services and affordability. It is by no means a right choice to go for expensive social media video tools when cheaper alternatives are available.
Let’s find out such video tools that provide all of these features and much more!
Top Social Media Video Tools for Social Media Marketers
Soapbox by Wistia is a simple chrome extension that allows you to record, edit, and share videos for efficient social media marketing. It only takes a few seconds to install the extension in your browser, and you are good to go.
Soapbox enables you to be super creative about producing thumbnails. It can easily accommodate high-quality videos up to 4K. The analytical tools are quite insightful and give you very clear metrics and results. Moreover, it allows you to edit or record three videos each month for free. So, if that’s your target, you can stay with the free plan.
- It allows for shared scheduling.
- Soapbox has an efficient meeting management system.
- The interface is intuitive and easy to use.
- It has simple and easy editing options.
I like the ability to record both yourself and the computer screen at the same time – then share it out. It’s a lifesaver when trying to do quick product explainers. It allows me to use a personal touch in addition to showing complicated products on screen.
- Soapbox lacks some robust editing features.
- It lacks a survey system.
- The sound quality is not very fine.
- Soapbox does not have a good support system.
Export – often doesn’t work properly. Meaning that edits made in Soapbox are often not reflected when we export them to Wistia Editing – although it’s a pro, it’s also a con. Hubspot’s video platform has the same functionality (even slightly better) and makes more sense as an add-on. Soapbox pro – I hate that we can’t do everything on one platform. It makes no sense to have a Soapbox and then a Wistia account. Did I mention their support is horrendous? They aren’t helpful at all, don’t take ownership over outages, and are just generally awful.
Moovly enables you to create amazing social media videos, promotional videos, explanatory videos, tutorials, training videos, and any other type – whatever suits you best. It has customizable templates for different events and scenarios such as personal, professional, and educational.
The most important Moovly features include subtitles, the ability to remove color, custom colors and fonts, white labeling, and text-to-speech capabilities. Moovly is undoubtedly one of the best social media video tools.
- Moovly gives access to free images, sounds, and animations.
- The mobile application is user-friendly.
- It offers many options for video automation.
This has been an incredible tool compared to many I tried before settling with MOOVLY The Quality of the templates is top-notch! The fact that you can immediately start playing around with the tool without sign-ups etc. I have little experience with video editing, but the ease with which I was able to start editing the template within a day or 2 was, for me, very incredible.
- It does not have good customer support service.
- Moovly encounters some bugs and errors sometimes.
When I signed up, there was a technical problem with adding audio. Although the issue was resolved in a timely manner, my first video had to be published without audio attached to it. That was my only con so far.
Typito It is a web-based tool that is simple to use. It has a drag and drop interface to make it easily accessible. It enables you to add graphics of your choice as well as text to the videos the way you want.
Typito is cloud-based software, so there is no need to download any software. All you have to do is to open it on the browser, upload media, add textures, styles, and animations, and upload it on the social media platforms in just a few clicks!
- Typito is easy to use.
- The tool offers drag-and-drop features.
- Excellent support – they reach out to you in no time.
- It takes no time to implement effects and animations.
Typito saves my team time and money. Can’t recommend Typito enough. Plenty of creative templates and transitions and a wonderful selection of free-to-use images and videos.
- Audio insertion is not supported.
- It slows down with heavy videos.
Limited text animations to choose from. Video preview window lags if you don’t have a good quality computer that can handle it.
Renderforest is one video tool for social media that has made animated video creation easy and fun! The tool allows you to post the videos directly to different social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
In the free version, you are unable to access all the features. However, the plan that costs you around $49.99 per month gives access to all of them.
- Great variety of templates.
- Commercial music is available to add to videos.
- The tool allows for logo animations.
- It allows HD quality videos.
Renderforest is used by us to create short video advertisements and intros for various campaigns or for business proof of concept projects and presentations. So far, besides a slightly high cost, it has been a great platform.
- It does not allow adding video fragments.
- No HD quality preview after editing.
- The price of pay-per-product is high.
Frustrating. Presumably, I can add voice and animation, but I don’t know how.
Shakr is a targeted video-making tool that helps to promote video marketing on Facebook and Instagram. It is a drag and drop video platform that enables you to create high-quality videos with more than 2000 templates and designs.
It offers a vast music library that you can easily navigate and choose from. However, it is a bit expensive option as its plans start from $99 and go up to $349 per month. Therefore, many marketers do not consider it as one of the best social media video tools.
- It is good in terms of privacy.
- The tool is good at uploading videos in bulk.
- It allows for efficient social sharing.
I have found that it is a fairly intuitive video editor because 1. It is very easy to select the design for the type of video you need: either for Facebook, YouTube, or Snapchat and from there, you can modify it to suit your needs. 2. Collections allow you to select videos based on a particular theme or format. 3. Once you have selected the theme and format of your video, it allows you to choose the aspect (be it square, horizontal, etc.), the length of the video, the environment of the video (high or low energy), and the medium to use.
- It does not offer analytics.
- This video tool for social media is not mobile-friendly.
- Video looping is not available in Shakr.
- There is no system for closed captions.
- The price is a bit higher than other video tools and set of features.
It’s a little expensive – you do not have many edit choices in the templates. For example, you cannot change the font of the template – you cannot have the chance to do a video from a blank slide.
Free on iOS only
Many people do not have the idea, but Hyperlapse is Instagram’s own app that allows you to speed up the videos up to 12 times. The advantage is that you can record in real-time and hasten it at the required speed.
Hyperlapse is a simple and easy-to-use free social media video maker that allows you to publish the video directly to Facebook and Instagram. The limitation is that it is not available on Android at the moment.
Hyperlapse is free, and there is no premium or professional plan. However, it is not available for Windows, and Android users, which does not make it a recommended choice.
- The tool provides good video stabilization.
- It has a simple interface.
- Hyperlapse is a totally free video maker.
Really good time-lapse app. Can choose from a variety of playback speeds. I have used my own already recorded video from my phone and turned them into time-lapse video clips with this app. It also will record a new video from the app in time-lapse. I’ve used it twice so far and been really happy with the results.
- You can’t apply effects to existing videos.
- Only share directly to Instagram or Facebook.
- Hyperlapse is only available on iOS.
This is a good app, but most of my stuff gets wiped away by just one touch of my phone! I suggest maybe to have a draft section where you have saved drafts. Some of my stuff is really important that I need to do, and when it wipes away after all my hard work, then I have to do it again!! There is nothing more annoying. Please try and fix this!!
Magisto is one of the best social media video tools available that makes editing videos fun and easy. It really makes the process magical. The app is available as a web-based tool for PC and for Android and iOS devices as well.
You can easily choose the video clips and images and make changes to them by selecting an editing style and adding music. Magisto is super automated, and once you select the style and music, it will automatically adjust the video. It can easily post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Youtube.
- The tool uploads directly to the website.
- It is an automated app.
- It provides detailed analytics.
I love this program. Definitely my go-to out of all the apps out there. It is an awesome software to edit and create videos. You’re able to add effects and filters. Cut and trim the video to your liking.
- It does not offer collaborative tools.
- The voice-over is not very good.
They restrict users to ratio sizes like 1:1 or other ratios that do not allow users to get the full view of the images they’re using, like the common 16:9 or even 4:3. Quite limited features!
Lumen5 allows you to generate a short video in minutes quickly. It transforms your content into a text video after you import it. You can change the font style and color to match your brand’s personality.
Lumen5 also includes a vast library of photos, GIFs, music, and short movies that you can add to your video with a simple drag and drop. While this application provides a free plan, it has some limitations regarding video quality and the number of videos that may be uploaded. You can still go for their paid plans, as they are quite affordable.
- Its user-friendly interface doesn’t make you feel like a beginner at video editing.
- You can generate video clips from text-based sources.
- A free plan with an extensive template is available.
Lumen5 makes your content look like it has been professionally curated. You can take written content and make it into a video or start from scratch.
- The free version has limitations.
- There is no voice over option.
Lumen5 is a really simple tool, so compared to many other video editing tools, you’re limited in terms of what you can achieve. Limited for text, transitions and features.
Promo is a top-rated video creation platform for businesses and agencies. It helps users create loads of visual content and unlimited videos to promote anything they want effectively.
It helps you promote your business or products, improve brand awareness, widen your reach, and engage your customers. You even get access to over 100 million images from Getty Images and iStock for a hassle-free video creation process. Promo also has ready-to-use templates that can be quickly edited to match your brand taste!
- The app is mobile and desktop friendly.
- It offers many options for video tools.
- It is a handy online video maker which is incredibly easy to use.
I love using Promo because it has tens of thousands of images and videos that can quickly be dropped into a template, enabling you to create a new video in minutes!
- You need to avail a subscription plan to access all tools.
- Templates can be much more editable.
Some features are quite limited, and you are required to use one of their pre-designed templates.
Veed is not just an online video editing tool. It is a tool that allows teams to collaborate on video projects, edit audio files, create text transcriptions of video and audio, compress video files to reduce size, edit subtitles files, translate the video and audio transcripts, and so much more.
Veed is a tool that allows you to grow your online presence – create engaging content and grab people’s attention. Also, our servers run on 100% Renewable Energy, so you don’t have to worry about the environmental impact
- Veed allows for subtitling, editing, effect/text encoding, and many more advanced features that other editors just can’t compete with.
- The free version is wonderful, but the Pro version is beyond perfect. Keep in mind that this is a browser editor we’re talking about, and the level of quality that Veed allows is stunning and a complete game-changer at worst.
- Their small team is involved and completely dedicated on a personal level. It really gives you the feeling that your subscription money isn’t being gobbled up by a scummy corporation but used to help the people who care about their genuinely amazing product.
Veed is a great piece of browser software with the best team I’ve ever seen.
- The only problem was selecting the time frames for trimming videos and adding text.
- It’s too precise. Your only option is to enter time stamps directly into the UI, which can be extremely time-consuming to hunt down.
I don’t like that there is not currently a mobile app version yet. It can work on the phone, but it is through the browser. If it were an app, it would be easier to use with videos taken directly from my phone.
Movavi is a feature-packed video editing tool that enables you to create engaging, informative, and professional-looking videos effectively. The best thing about this tool is it can be used by both amateurs as well as professionals, having a simple and user-friendly interface. In this tool, you get a PiP, basic keyframing, chroma-key, titling, and motion tracking as well.
Movavi is a great tool in terms of features, performance, interface, and support. Having a provable ROI, this tool lets you produce attractive content very easily. Using this tool, you can edit and create captivating videos, movies, slideshows, product demo videos, vlogs, video ads, and the list goes on.
- It is easy to use with a simple interface.
- It comes with a built-in training module.
- It is packed with premium features & advanced editing functions.
The cost of Movavi was perfect for me. I have no experience in video editing and did not want to pay a lot for something I might not use or even be good at; this is an excellent option for getting your toes wet.
- The rendering is slow.
- There is limited control over some effects.
This program is difficult to learn how to use for someone who doesn’t have experience with video editing.
Social media video tools are becoming increasingly popular for social media marketing. They are saviors for businesses who don’t have a hefty budget to have the formal video setting and heavy equipment.
Along with that, it is equally important to have a scheduling tool like SocialPilot that will let you monitor your social media presence. Take its 14-day free trial to promote videos you have created with apt captions at best times and analyze their performances too.