When most social media apps are becoming clones of each other, Pinterest stands its ground firm and remains different.
This platform has been a hub encompassing a spectrum of niches. Social media statistics unveil its active base of 442 million users who frequent the platform for their daily dose of inspiration with more than 2 billion monthly searches.
But why should you care if Pinterest’s sole focus is to be a robust search tool? Yes, you guessed it right. It’s the similar motive that drives the marketers to rank better on search engines.
A big reason why SMBs and budding brands adore Pinterest is that their businesses aren’t overshadowed by big names as 95% of the searches are unbranded!
Pinterest users are impulsive shoppers. So you stand a fat chance of influencing their future purchases if you succeeded in inspiring them. It works best for niches like beauty, fashion, home decor, real estate, travel, hospitality, and more.
Pinterest benefits don’t end just here. An engaging Pinterest presence gains more traffic and boosts your conversion. However, Pinterest may not be suitable for all industries.
But if your business does qualify the likes of being on Pinterest, you must consider using Pinterest tools to get you a head start.
We’ve curated a handful of tools and categorized them under automation, analytics, reporting, photo editing, keyword research, and others for action-packed Pinterest marketing.
Best Pinterest Tools For Your Business
Automation, Analytics, and Reporting
Tools for Pinterest
SocialPilot is a social media management tool that helps numerous businesses engage and communicate with their target audience by analyzing their interactions. It helps you post content on Pinterest and other major social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and TikTok.
With SocialPilot, plan your content schedules, curate posts for the entire week or month, and analyze the number of users who engage in each of your content. Find out what works and expand your content’s reach on multiple platforms with this great Pinterest tool.
Why should you use SocialPilot to manage Pinterest accounts?
- Manage as many as 50 Pinterest accounts with advanced Pinterest scheduling.
- Analyze and monitor Pinterest performance with weekly, monthly, and annual PDF reports.
- Curate content and strategically schedule it through SocialPilot’s flexible scheduling options.
- Upload multiple pins with bulk scheduling.
- Visualize Pinterest posts and schedule with its social media calendar.
- It has Canva integration for editing all visual elements.
What do people say about SocialPilot?
Social Pilot is easy to navigate. I especially like the “calendar” option, where you can view a full month’s worth of posts, even segmenting by the social media platform. This comes in handy, especially with Pinterest. The analytics tab is easy to read and allows me to see which days and times my followers are most engaged without having to visit that particular social media platform.
SocialPilot is amazing! What is really brilliant about this software is that it can generate fresh content for me to post to my social media pages, as if I was the one that came up with it! So the fact that SocialPilot makes postings for me on my behalf even when I am too busy to do so, counts very much in their favor! I love how SocialPilot does most of the work for me!”
Simple and easy to use with all the functionality. I run many social accounts; the setup of these accounts is so easy. I use this on a daily basis and can keep track of all my scheduled posts with the social media calendar.
ViralTag is a Pinterest marketing tool that’s more team-centric as it allows a social media management team to collaborate on content strategies and production. This, in turn, improves efficiency in online marketing and helps businesses acquire a more transparent view of the ROI.
With this Pinterest tool, team members can post their drafts and receive feedback from the administrator if the post is approved or needs revisions. Its primary focus is on online campaigns that rely on visual marketing, making it one of the most useful Pinterest marketing tools for any business running high-cost social media campaigns.
- It helps teams collaborate on social media campaigns on Pinterest.
- Pin multiple boards and multiple accounts all at the same time.
- It has a built-in image editor.
- It automatically recycles your top-performing posts to gain more traffic.
- Analyze and monitor the performance of your pins.
- Schedule multiple pins at the same time through bulk scheduling.
Viraltag is awesome and affordable. Easy to use, and the evergreen feature is great. Customer support – they have a chatbox and will get back to you usually within 24 hours with an answer. Also, it can schedule pins or posts to multiple accounts without having to pay extra for each account.
- It can be quite expensive for freelancers and small companies.
- You need to pay more if you want to see the visual analytics of your content’s performance.
The constant need to reconnect social accounts which often leads to failed posts.
HootSuite is a Pinterest tool mostly used by large-scale enterprises to manage their social media campaigns. It’s currently one of the most popular ones, albeit costly for small businesses or freelancers.
Through this Pinterest automation tool, you can publish, create boards, and schedule your posts. You can also monitor website conversions through the Hootsuite Impact upgrade.
- Save drafts and receive updates with the administrator’s approvals.
- Publish multiple posts on different Pinterest accounts and boards all at the same time.
- Single dashboard to schedule, view, edit, and delete the pins for effective social media campaign management.
- Monitor pin performance and their conversion rates.
I find Hootsuite’s customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algorithm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly.
- It’s not user-friendly for beginners. So if you’re just starting out with social media management and are not tech-savvy, HootSuite may not be right for you.
- There is additional fee for accessing other tools in the application. You’d spend about $100+ a month to use the HootSuite Pro or Enterprise plans.
- You might encounter bugs in the auto-schedule feature when uploading images.
- You’ll have to pay more if you want to receive a more comprehensive analytics report on your Pinterest posts’ performance.
The user interface is weak. It’s not user-friendly, nor is it practical or modern looking. It has a tendency to leg, it also isn’t mobile-friendly, they do have an app, but again it’s not easy to navigate. I was overall very disappointed with this product. I felt like I kept putting in a lot of effort just to re-do all my work all the time.
Tailwind is a Pinterest tool that mainly focuses on two platforms, Pinterest and Instagram. Unlike the previous Pinterest tools used, this application is centered on marketing these two specific platforms. However, a social media marketing team can use Tailwind in planning their campaigns as they collaborate and manage multiple Pinterest accounts.
- It offers an optimized pinning calendar, which automatically publishes pins when your audience is most likely to see them making it one of the best Pinterest automation tools.
- Manage your social media campaigns on Pinterest efficiently with its multi-board pinning, bulk upload, drag-and-drop calendar, and more.
- Schedule your posts from your smartphone with its mobile app.
- You can use Tailwind to collaborate with social media management teams working together for a Pinterest campaign.
- Check how your pins and boards perform and how it drives traffic with its Google Analytics integration.
I love that it allows me to be extremely active on Pinterest without the time commitment & constant use of the platform. I love pinning multiple images from a post at one time, scheduling them to multiple boards, and that it creates a NEW pin every time (as opposed to “repinning” my own stuff.
- You cannot automatically post your content from Pinterest to other social media channels, like Facebook, Twitter, and the like, as it only focuses on Pinterest and Instagram.
- You cannot pre-set weekly schedules, so you’ll have to set schedules for your post every time.
- The dashboard can be overwhelming for some users.
- It might be slow to load and time-consuming when you have a high number of pins.
I wish it was more advanced. It is pretty basic with very few features. Seems to be room for more and especially for the money.
Pinpinterest is a Pinterest tool that helps you schedule, publish, and monitor your pins. It only has limited features as it only posts content specifically for Pinterest. Although you can use multiple Pinterest accounts for the tool, each account does not run for the same number of days. If you purchase 90 days for one Pinterest account, you can transfer 30 days to another, 40 days to another account, and 20 days for another account.
- Like other Pinterest automation tools, you can publish pins and schedule them to update at a specific time automatically.
- It has a user-friendly UI.
- The application automatically follows users who show interest in the specific niche you are marketing and unfollows people who no longer do.
- It can pin new content from your website.
- You can still have multiple Pinterest accounts.
It’s an awesome Pinterest automation tool and officially my savior when it comes to Pinterest. I can set up my pins and configure some other settings once a week, and it does all the rest. Perfect is the word for it.
- Depending on the type of plan you purchased, there is a limit on the number of Pinterest accounts you can handle.
- It mainly focuses on Pinterest, so if you plan to post your Pinterest content on other social media platforms, you have to do it manually on another social media management tool.
- It does not have the advanced features other social media management tools have when it comes to organizing, managing, and analyzing your pins’ performance.
- This would be a more cost-efficient alternative for small businesses or bloggers who want traffic or a following, rather than big enterprises who seek more mediums when sharing visual content.
Verified PinPinterest User
The most annoying thing about PinPinterest is ads keep popping up while you are doing stuff on their platform.
ViralWoot is a social media scheduler and analytics platform for online marketers to publish content and determine its performance online. This tool boasts of being another efficient Pinterest tool that aids you in getting more traffic and boosting your engagement with your specific target market. Its main features are more focused on Pinterest and Instagram marketing.
- Automatically publish your pins through its scheduler.
- Upload multiple images with over 21 integrated apps that include Twitter and Instagram.
- Search for images on Google and pin them to your account without leaving the application.
- Get an overview of your monthly and weekly scheduled pins.
- Manage your pins from one central location.
Viralwoot has proved to be an easy-to-use platform for marketers. Whether it’s the promotion of your product or connecting with customers, or analyzing your brand’s performance, Viralwoot is a one-stop-solution platform for all sorts of Pinterest Marketing.
- It has limited features compared to other social media management tools.
- You cannot integrate some of your posts into other social media platforms, which calls for another social media management tool.
- It does not provide a more comprehensive analytics report compared to other social media management tools, like SocialPilot.
- It has poor customer support compared to other tools.
Verified ViralWoot User
After using this app (with a subscription), my company canceled the subscription. Even though it is confirmed that the subscription is canceled, the company still received a charge every month for three months. They said for several months that they would refund us, but no actions have been taken.
Pinterest Analytics is the main tool marketers use to determine how their posts are performing on Pinterest. It’s one of the tools Pinterest has developed for businesses to promote their products or services. This would definitely be the main Pinterest analytics tool for most marketers as it gathers data and shows you which content is garnering the most engagements.
If you’re looking for a Pinterest Insights tool to know what type of content resonates more with your audience, then this would be the perfect research partner for you.
Although this is not like the other tools mentioned that help previously in publishing and managing content, it’s still a great tool for marketers to use. Pinterest Analytics studies the target market and determines the right content to use in social media campaigns. Further, data is also gathered straight from the platform itself.
- It’s a very straightforward tool that can help you analyze the engagement rate of your Pinterest account.
- This tool is great for studying your demographics and knowing what niche appeals to your audience the most.
- This can greatly benefit freelancers, bloggers, and influencers who want to learn more about their market and what they can do to improve their traffic.
- You can determine the right niches for your businesses and the right keywords to target for your titles and descriptions.
- It’s mainly a Pinterest reporting tool and only gathers data within the social media platform itself.
- You can only handle one account, unlike other social media management tools that let you see how other accounts are performing all in one place.
Photo Editing Tools for Pinterest
Adobe is one of the most popular applications used for design, illustrations, photography, videos, and the like. For beginners, the features of Adobe Photoshop, Illustration, and Lightroom can be complicated, but it provides premium quality outputs if you’d rather have your business showcase unique visuals for social media content.
Many brands turn to Adobe Illustrator for vector designs like logos and infographics. They use Photoshop for photo manipulation and Lightroom for photo enhancement. You’d have to download the applications on your computer, and they may take up a huge space in your memory as it may constantly want you to update now and then.
- It provides good quality outputs for your social media campaigns.
- You can benefit from its special features that can’t be found in any other application.
- You’ll have all the tools you need to create appealing images you can post for Pins.
For me, the Creative Cloud solution is the best, there is no competitor! I used Photoshop, Illustrator, Muse, Premiere, Dreamweaver, AE, among others. It’s always a pleasure how well designed each software is. This platform gives you almost endless possibilities if you’re a creative professional.
- The application may be too complicated for those who aren’t experts in design.
- It can be heavy on your computer or laptop’s memory.
- Applications may be costly as you need to pay for the subscription monthly.
Verified Adobe Reviewer
The user interface for Adobe software is convoluted and frustrating to use. With each update, Adobe will occasionally make minor interface changes for reasons that are hard to understand and, either way, increase frustration and decrease the ability to get to grips with the software definitively.
GNU Image Manipulation Program, also known as GIMP, is a free image editor you can use as an alternative to Photoshop. Although it does not have the advanced tools and features Photoshop has, you can still use it for quality photo manipulation and enhancement. And like Photoshop, it supports various file formats.
- If you’re still starting out, GIMP can be your alternative for learning photo manipulation, enhancement, and design.
- You can edit photos without having to pay monthly or annual subscriptions as it is free.
- It has many similar features to Adobe Photoshop.
At the beginning of graphic designing, you can start with this software. This helps to improve your skills. This is the very first option for the upcoming designer.
- Some files can’t be exported to the program and can’t be edited.
- It doesn’t update its features daily, unlike its commercial counterparts.
- It may lack the filter and effects that Photoshop has and the vector operations that Illustrator has.
Occasionally, and I mean very occasionally, Gimp software might have a little glitch. This does not seem to affect my work, though, and I haven’t lost any, but it may result in an action box remaining on the screen after it has finished doing its thing.
If you’d rather have templated designs than create ones yourself, you might find what you’re looking for in Canva. This application has a variety of professional-looking templates you can choose from for your Pinterest posts.
It’s one of the Pinterest tools for social media marketers who are not expert designers. It has notable features that can help create and curate your marketing content.
As mentioned before, some social media management apps have even integrated a built-in Canva app so that marketers don’t have to spend so much time figuring out the complexities that come with Photoshop, Illustrator, and GIMP. By getting a premium membership, you can gain access to many templates and fonts Canva has to offer.
- You can choose from a variety of impressive templates for your social media campaign.
- You don’t have to resize the picture manually as each template is categorized as per social media platforms.
- Create quality images without using a high-end illustration or photo manipulation software.
- Collaborate with your team as everyone can view the images and add comments.
Canva is great for getting a quick (but beautiful) design created, without needing a designer — BUT even if you DO have a designer, Canva would be a great tool for them as well.
- There are constraints in terms of design since you can only work with the given templates.
- You cannot resize the image once you have started on the project.
Canva isn’t always the best at helping its users rise above this new “average.” For instance, the pre-built designs are so good that you see them everywhere now, and you can spot a “Canva-like” design a hundred yards away.
Keyword Research for Pinterest
Knowing the right keywords to target is essential in Google SEO and Pinterest search results. Most Pinterest marketers do keyword research on Pinterest and consider the common keywords with high-volume traffic and find a specific niche with less competition.
Let’s say, for example:
When you search for something as specific as “home décor,” it’s a saturated market with a lot of competition. However, you can use more specific keywords when you scroll through the topics below the search bar.
The more you scroll to the right, the more specific the niche is and the less competition there’ll be.
Mentionlytics is actually a social media analytics tool that you can use for keyword research and monitoring. You can also use it for competitive analysis and brand mentions on the web for instant engagement.
These serve as a shortcut to identify better leads when compared to the traditional outreach. This Pinterest analytics tool works for other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
You can further reap the benefits of AI, sentiment analysis, workflow integration, and reports in multiple formats like PDF and infographics.
- Mentionlytics has an impeccable analytics feature set.
- The tool is easy to use and has an impressive UI.
- Customer support is prompt in mitigating issues.
Verified Mentionlytics User
The user interface, depiction, and excellent grouping of data are very understandable and are all out there in front of your eyes without much effort needed by the user. It is a very easy-to-use platform. The support is also remarkable.
- There were instances of irrelevant results in the case of keyword monitoring.
- Dashboards lack customization features.
- It takes a while to load when dealing with multiple results.
- The mobile app lacks features that are provided by its desktop version.
Having more options to customize graphs and visuals (colors) in the tool would be great as this could help eliminate the time in reporting further. The ability to brand reports would also be great. Finally, being able to integrate with the data studio with an API data connector would make this tool perfect.
Pinterest is emerging as one of the most advantageous platforms for businesses to showcase their services and products with visual-based marketing. By using these Pinterest tools, you can make the most out of the traffic from pins and get exponential conversion rates.
But marketers do favor a tool that helps them with multiple social media channels. And that’s why, SocialPilot might be the best Pinterest automation tool for you. You can manage, publish, and analyze all your pins on Pinterest and monitor how they perform on other social media platforms.
It’s definitely your all-in-one solution in bringing your business a step closer to success. Get your 14-day free trial and test out its unfathomable impact.
Frequently Asked Questions
Using the best Pinterest automation tools, you can schedule and publish to your Pinterest accounts. Some of these tools are as follows:
Tailwind is a Pinterest tool that focuses only on Pinterest and Instagram. With Tailwind, your social media marketing team can collaborate and plan Pinterest campaigns easily. But this may not be the right fit for marketing teams as most use multiple platforms. Instead, you can opt for a tool like SocialPilot that lets you manage multiple accounts on numerous social media channels.
SocialPilot is one of the best Pinterest tools that help you empower your Pinterest sales and boost traffic. With SocialPilot as your Pinterest tool, you can schedule, manage, create beautiful pins via Canva right from the post composer, manage multiple Pinterest boards, analyze each one, and download useful reports with graphs.
You can put keywords in pin and board descriptions, titles, and hashtags. You can either use keyword research tools or simply use the Pinterest search bar to find relevant keywords for a niche to widen the reach of your pins.
The best time to post on Pinterest differs for niches and target audiences. However, a general time slot of 2 pm-4 pm and 8 pm-11 pm work best for reach and engagement. However, it is advisable to study the performance of your pins with a tool like SocialPilot to get a personalized best time to post on Pinterest.
Just like Twitter, Pinterest needs a very active posting mechanism. You should share between 5-20 pins daily to maintain a steady presence on the platform. It’s better to schedule these pins at various times using a social media scheduler tool.