More About URL Shortener:
URL or Link shorteners are extremely useful tools in the digital age. They not only make lengthy links more manageable and easier to understand but can also make them more memorable and easier to type. Additionally, link shorteners can be used to customize generic links, allowing you to create something uniquely your own.
Though users are redirected to the original, longer URL when they click on the shortened URL, the shortening service’s server translates the shortened version back to the original URL. Then, it redirects the user’s browser to that destination.
How do you use URL Shortener?
There are many tools available for shortening URLs. Some websites, such as bit.ly, provide a complete package that includes URL shortening, analytics, and tracking features. Other tools simply convert your URL into a shorter link.
To use a URL shortener, enter your URL to generate a shortened link. However, be cautious when choosing a URL shortener that removes your branding, as this can reduce the legitimacy of the link.
Also, so many tools are available, like Bitly, Owy, Replug, Tinyurl, and Bit.Do etc.
Why do you use URL Shortener?
- Aesthetics: Nowadays, everyone on social media wants to generate traffic on their sites, and for that, they share their links everywhere. Long URLs do not please the audience; they are not aesthetically pleasing for the creators or brands use URL shortener
- Link Management: They allow for the management of the link, such as the ability to change the destination URL without changing the short URL itself.
- Tracking and Analytics: URL shorteners provide data on link engagement, such as click-through rates, audience location, and click source, which helps to track and analyze the traffic and data.
- Avoid Broken URLs: Long URLs in emails and texts can sometimes break due to typing errors or wrap onto a new line, leading to broken links. Short URLs resolve this issue
- Improved User Experience: Using short URLs can be more user-friendly, especially when the original URL is too long with complex characters and parameters with the help of a shortener, it reduces typing errors.