What Is Loomly Used For?
Loomly is a social media management tool that provides comprehensive solutions to businesses and agencies to take care of many of their social media-related tasks and requirements.
Like any other effective tool, Loomly also supports every major social media platform. It even integrates Snapchat, one of the prominent up-and-coming social platforms for marketing.
This enables users to create, schedule and publish social media posts in multiple formats. They can also customize their content, so every post sent out is tailored for each platform. It also offers a range of other features to help you create and manage your social media content.
For example, it includes a built-in post-ideas library with thousands of ideas for different industries and categories. It also has a collaboration feature that allows you to invite team members or clients to review and approve your content before it’s published.
What Is Hootsuite Used For?
Hootsuite is a social media management tool adept at handling numerous social media accounts from multiple platforms, all from one integrated dashboard. It’s the complete solution for agencies and businesses, small or large, to scale their social media marketing game from all fronts.
It is one of the first of its kind and has been considered the market leader till now. Being a dynamic software, Hootsuite keeps updating its features according to the needs of its users and the ever-changing social media platforms.
It integrates all the major social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, Linkedin, Google business, and even WhatsApp.
Hootsuite has an extensive dashboard from which users can monitor all the activities of the pages they choose to connect to it. One can even react and reply to comments and messages from the same space on the tool. So it eliminates goring to different native platforms as most activities are taken care of from Hootsuite only.
Best Suitable for
Start with $99
Professional Teams, Small business, Enterprises
Start with $35
Agency, Small Business
At a glance
Even though Hootsuite is way more familiar and has been in the industry for far longer, Loomly’s overall rating by users is higher than that of Hootsuite.
Be it the set-up method or the ease of use, Loomly is ahead of Hootsuite in each of them, according to the audience, who rated the former tool way higher than the latter.
It is a well-known fact in the industry that Hootsuite’s customer support is lacking. Hence Loomly is ahead in the user’s view in this compared to other Loomly alternatives.
Have a look at the table detailing the user ratings for all the vital criteria of Loomly Vs. Hootsuite, along with SocialPilot, for a better perspective.
Now, let’s go through some vital factors and essential features one needs to consider to make a successful comparison of Hootsuite vs. Loomly.
Hootsuite costs a hefty amount as a monthly fee but supports a lot lesser in regards to social accounts and number of users as compared to Loomly which charges nearly half of the former tool.
Also, Hootsuite and Loomly support all the major social media platforms except for a few differences. Loomly integrates Snapchat, but Hootsuite doesn’t. However, if you subscribe to the add-on in the enterprise plan of Hootsuite, you get a WhatsApp integration, which is impossible with any other Hootsuite alternatives.
Note: It is interesting that despite costing a fraction of what Hootsuite or Loomly cost, SocialPilot provides nearly the same features. It lets 6 team members work together, which is more than what Hootsuite allows.
Let us look at the important features one by one to make an effective comparison of Loomly vs. Hootsuite, along with SocialPilot, for added reference.
|Can't Miss to Compare|
|Number of Accounts||35||50||30|
|Number of Team Members||5||30||6|
|Number of Posts that Can Be Scheduled||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Scheduling & Publishing|
|Localization||English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish||English||German, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish|
|Support||Email, Chat, Tweet for Support||Email, FAQs, Chat, Knowledge Base||Email, Chat, Social Media, Phone|
|Learn More||Learn More||14 Days Trial|
- The tool provides the best time to post on the networks so that your large audience can see your post.
- Hootsuite's content planner is extremely easy to use and provides a clear view of the planned content, making it a more user-friendly experience.
- Hootsuite is a social publishing tool that is the most user-friendly for any platform, and it makes you feel as if you are making the post on the platform itself.
- While Hootsuite provides valuable reporting capabilities, you are limited in your ability to distribute reports to multiple stakeholders internally unless you are on the highest-level subscription plan.
- Though Hootsuite provides a tagging option so that you can tag content, placing it in a specific category. Content that has already been posted can not be tagged. So, if you forget to tag content before it's published, that campaign's insights will be incorrect.
- While using Hootsuite for posting images on Facebook and Instagram, there can be instances where non-square images may get cut off, leading to a loss of visual impact. This is a limitation of Hootsuite is a factor to consider when scheduling your posts.
- The tool's platform-specific customization feature allows tailored posts to be created and optimized for each social media platform, resulting in higher engagement and reach.
- The user-friendly calendar makes it simple to rearrange scheduled posts, facilitating quick rescheduling and adjustment of pre-planned social media content.
- Features include scheduling threads and customizing text copies for each social media platform, resulting in more effective reach engagement.
- Loomly's photo size limit can be frustrating as it doesn't allow users to post full pictures or videos. Meeting specific aspect ratios can be challenging and may compromise the quality of the content.
- The color-coded dots on the calendar, which help distinguish between scheduled posts and drafts, are small, and the colors are similar. This can be problematic, especially for drafts that still need approval, and a more visible tagging system would be helpful.
- Instagram posting on Loomly can be troublesome as it requires manual posting when someone is tagged, which can be time-consuming and lead to delays.
- SocialPilot allows users and clients to collaborate efficiently and save a great deal of time managing social networks.
- You can prevent delays and ensure that everything gets published according to schedule. As a result, with SocialPilot, your consistency on social networks remains uninterrupted.
- Users get to see how each and every post would look on the social platform it is meant for even before it is published. The newly designed SocialPilot dashboard generates a preview of the post with all the content and customizations, before scheduling it. This gives insights as to how the customer would see the post content.
- Although the Bitly integration is convenient, you'd like to see all these features built natively within SocialPilot or have automated workflows that create UTM links for all campaigns and other variables.
- SocialPilot does not have a color coding feature which simplifies the interface and makes it easier to navigate.SocialPilot does not have a color coding feature which simplifies the interface and makes it easier to navigate.
- SocialPilot does not have a free version available, leaving users with only a 14-day free trial option to test the app. The free trial can be accessed without the need for a credit card, making it a risk-free opportunity for those who want to explore the features and capabilities of the app before making a purchase.
As mentioned earlier, Hootsuite and Loomly have very different price points. Where Hootsuite has three paid plans and one customizable one, Loomly has four solid plans and a personalized one.
Hootsuite costs a monthly fee of $739 to let 5 users connect 35 social accounts, but unlimited posts can be scheduled from them. Under Loomly’s Premium plan, a team of 30 can connect up to 50 social media accounts and schedule an unlimited number of posts, all for $359 per month.
Note: Despite being an industry leader, Hootsuite allows almost the same number of accounts and team members as SocialPilot but charges nearly four times as much per month, which makes SocialPilot the best Hootsuite alternative.
Let’s check out each pricing plan for Loomly Vs. Hootsuite and SocialPilot to analyze which of them is worth it.
30 Days Free Trial
Credit Card Required
15 Days Free Trial
No Credit Card Required
14 Days Free Trial
No Credit Card Required
|Learn More||Learn More||Start Your free Trial|
In-depth Publishing and Scheduling Capability Comparison
Scheduling and publishing are the primary features of all social media management tools. So let us quickly compare the basics of these features to weigh Loomly vs. Hootsuite and see which one comes out on top.
Both tools possess the same basic features, but there are some disparities if we dig a little deeper. Hootsuite lacks URL shorteners and a browser extension, whereas Loomly does not have Canva integration, a helpful feature many users need.
However, the surprising thing is that both of these efficient tools do not allow users to schedule first comments on Facebook and LinkedIn posts which has become a trending demand from social media marketing pros.
Note: SocialPilot allows people to add first comments along with their posts to be scheduled on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, whereas the other two tools in question here do not.
Now, let’s compare the scheduling and publishing features of Loomly Vs. Hootsuite, along with SocialPilot, for a clearer vision.
|Smart & Advanced Queueing|
|Customize Post for Each Platform|
|Visual Post Support (Image, Video, GIF)|
|Advance Publishing Capabilities|
|Save Draft Posts|
|Watermark on Images|
|Auto publishing from RSS|
|Social media calendar|
|Advance Facebook Publishing Capabilities|
|Support Album Posts|
|Support Carousel Posts|
|Alternate Text on Image|
|Support Facebook First Comment|
|Boost Post Scheduling|
|Support Mention and Hashtags|
|Advance Twitter Publishing Capabilities|
|Support Mention and Hashtags|
|Support Multiple Image Posts|
|Advance Instagram Publishing Capabilities|
|Tag Profiles on Images|
|Support Instagram First Comment|
|Advance LinkedIn Publishing Capabilities|
|Support LinkedIn First Comment|
|Advance YouTube Publishing Capabilities|
|Mention of Other Youtube Accounts|
|Learn More||Learn More||14 Days Trial|
In-depth Analytics Capability Comparison
Analytics is the roadmap for any professional marketer to gauge how their social media marketing strategy is working out. So we must address those features while comparing Loomly vs. Hootsuite.
In the case of all the robust analytical capabilities, Hootsuite and Loomly are pretty evenly matched. However, when it comes to reporting, Loomly lacks by a bit as it does not have a custom report builder.
Here’s a bird’s-eye view of all the main analytics and reporting capabilities comparing Hootsuite vs. Loomly, along with SocialPilot.
In-depth Inbox/Listening Capability Comparison
If you want to keep up with all the engagement on all the social media platforms, you must have robust listening features in your social media management. So let us see which one takes the cake in this category, Hootsuite or Loomly.
It is a well-known fact that Hootsuite has excellent listening capabilities, which are boosted by its Streams dashboard, which functions as its social inbox. But it does not let you reply to visitors’ posts on your pages. But Loomly lacks real-time listening capabilities as well as reacting to reviews and queries.
Note: SocialPilot allows users real-time listening as well as reply to Facebook reviews and comments from one integrated dashboard.
In-depth Social Media Collaboration Capability Comparison
When businesses or agencies are handling their social media marketing, there is a whole set of activities that entail the involvement of many. A good social media management tool should have the capacity to enable the easy collaboration of a whole team.
Be it Loomly or Hootsuite, both tools have efficient team and client onboarding collaboration capabilities to boast of making them suitable for their target clientele.
Here are all the specifics of the collaboration features for both Loomly vs. Hootsuite for you to make an informed judgment between the two as well as SocialPilot to get a better understanding of an ideal tool.