What Is Sprout Social Used For?
Sprout Social is a versatile social media management platform that allows users to schedule and publish content on various social media platforms. The tool’s clean UI contributes to its user-friendly interface that allows you to monitor and analyze performance from a single dashboard.
Unlike other Sprout Social Alternatives, it supports various networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Instagram. It also enables you to manage reviews on Google My Business and Facebook. You can also leverage its analytics capabilities to gain data-driven performance insights.
Sprout Social comes packed with social listening capabilities and helps you to maintain your brand image. Its inboxing capabilities provide an overview of all your social interactions. You can also integrate a range of apps, including Google Analytics, Tabula, Salesforce Cloud Intelligence, etc.
What Is Later Used For?
Later is a social media management tool that helps you plan, schedule, and publish content on various social media platforms. It is a visual first tool that comes with a user-friendly interface.
It is a visual first tool with a visual content planner, letting users preview and organize their content on a calendar while ensuring a consistent and visually appealing feed. Additionally, it provides analytics and insights to track post performance and optimize content strategy accordingly.
Besides scheduling and publishing content, Later offers other functionalities like scheduling Instagram Stories, user-generated content curation, and the ability to search and repost content from other accounts.
Later has a free plan with basic features and paid plans that include more advanced features and increased scheduling capacity. Although some eminent Later alternatives enjoy their fair share of popularity, for now, let’s see how Later vs. Sprout social compare against each other.
Best Suitable for
Start with $249
Small Business, Enterprise, Agencies
Start with $40
Influencers, Small Business
At a Glance
It can be tough to tweak the differences when comparing two options offering the same functionality. If you compare Sprout social vs. Later, certain factors may come into play in deciding what works best for you.
Sprout Social is more popular than Later and is suitable for agency and enterprise-level customers. It is well-liked for its usability, ease of setup, and reporting capabilities. However, all this comes with expensive pricing plans that may not fit your budget and marketing needs.
On the other hand, Later is much preferred by influencers and small businesses for its fair share of features needed for social media management. It is a tool loved for its content planning and scheduling capabilities. With its visual first interface, you can plan out your calendar in the most convenient way and analyze its performance.
Note: Compared to Later or Sprout Social, SocialPilot may be a more favorable choice due to its user-friendly interface and strong analytical features. It serves as a viable Sprout Social alternative and even offers content suggestions at an affordable price suitable for small and large businesses.
Let us take a look at the user ratings of Sprout Social vs. Later and see how it compares to SocialPilot.
So, now that we know what Sprout Social and Later are ideal for let’s compare the two in terms of essential features offered at their respective price points.
Sprout Social offers a fair share of publishing, analytics, inboxing, and collaboration capabilities for its high-priced agency plan that will cost you $499 per month. It also allows competitor tracking and offers a content library that Later fails to offer.
Later charges you six times less than Sprout Social, with only $80 per month, making it a good option for marketers and small businesses.
When it comes to language support, both Sprout Social and Later provide support for various languages. However, both tools fail to offer robust support as they provide only Email and chat support.
Note: Interestingly SocialPilot stands out to be a more beneficial alternative with its affordable pricing and capabilities. SocialPilot offers everything from a content library to robust customer support. To be more transparent about its support capabilities, SocialPilot backs its customers with a dedicated support team that addresses customer queries via email, chat, phone, and FAQs support. They take their customers very seriously and even address customer queries on social media platforms.
For a concise overview of the functionalities and constraints of Sprout Social vs. Later, along with SocialPilot, here’s a detailed comparison of the three tools.
|Can't Miss to Compare|
|Number of Accounts||Unlimited||36||30|
|Number of Team Members||1||6||6|
|Number of Posts that Can Be Scheduled||10000||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Scheduling & Publishing|
|Localization||English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish||English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese||German, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish|
|Support||Priority Email & Chat Support||Email & Live Chat||Email, Chat, Social Media, Phone|
|Learn More||Learn More||14 Days Trial|
- Sprout Social gives you good experience in social media management with it's user-friendly interface. The platform is intuitive and straightforward, making it easy for you to manage your social media presence with ease and efficiency.
- Sprout Social offers insights on the top-performing posts, including information on the best posting times, the impact of photos versus videos, and other relevant data.
- Sprout Social's integration of analytical functions provides a comprehensive approach to monitoring the performance of campaigns, publications, and social media listening. It offers a professional way to track and measure success, making it a valuable tool for businesses to optimize their social media strategies.
- One limitation users have noted is the inability to tag people on Instagram when creating a post using Sprout Social. It is a commonly used feature and its unavailability can hinder those looking to increase their reach and engagement.
- The lack of customization options for social media messages across multiple channels can frustrate users. The current system for replying to comments within the app is seen as inadequate, causing a hindrance to efficient engagement with followers.
- The chat support feature of Sprout Social is unsatisfactory, as responses often get redirected to email, and it can take up to a day to receive a reply. It can result in a slow and inconvenient experience for users who require prompt assistance.
- Later boasts a user-friendly interface with a clean and intuitive design, making it easyfor users to navigate around the tool and use it.
- The capability of Later to preview the overall appearance of your grid on the platform, including a visual representation of how all your posts will look lined up on your profile, offers a valuable tool for ensuring a cohesive and visually appealing aesthetic.
- The preview option in Later provides users with a better understanding of how their posts will appear on the social platform, offering a valuable tool for visualizing and refining their content strategy.
- The free plan of Later restricts the user's ability to view the calendar, with a limited range of only a few weeks in the past.
- The hashtag function in Later has the tendency to suggest hashtags within the topic. However, some of these recommendations can become irrelevant, so the user must be cautious when using the suggested hashtags to avoid any unwanted content.
- Later does not have a feature to duplicate or clone posts, making it time-consuming to recreate popular posts to reuse, therefore hindering productivity.
- SocialPilot's interface is easy to use. Unlike other tools, it doesn't require a learning curve hence users get used to it pretty quickly.
- SocialPilot allows users and clients to collaborate efficiently and save a great deal of time managing social networks.
- You can prevent delays and ensure that everything gets published according to schedule. As a result, with SocialPilot, your consistency on social networks remains uninterrupted.
- Users can post directly using their Instagram business account, but they will get mobile reminders in case of a personal account. This is a common issue on all social media management platforms since there is no available API for Instagram personal accounts.
- Some users have reported receiving error messages with scheduled posts. However, they acknowledge that this issue is not unique to SocialPilot and is also present in other social posting platforms. It is simply a minor inconvenience at times.
- Some users have noted that specific posts require follow-up actions, such as importing them into Instagram and manually posting when they appear in the schedule. While this process may be necessary for particular posts, users find it frustrating.
The price of two similar products often significantly impacts which one we will choose in the end. So, let’s make a fair assessment by comparing the prices of Later vs. Sprout social to determine which one provides a better pricing advantage.
Sprout Social offers four price plans, whereas Later offers only three. Sprout’s standard plan will cost you $249 per month, which is way more expensive than Later, which charges only $18 for its starter plan.
As stated, Sprout Social’s agency plan costs you $499 per month for only one team member and charges $349 extra for every additional team member. On the other hand, Later charges only $80 while allowing a team capacity of six members. However, Later fails to offer many advanced features crucial for high-end customers.
Overall, Sprout can be a choice for agency and enterprise-level customers, but it is definitely a high-priced tool.
Note: Unlike Sprout Social or Later, SocialPilot is a fairly priced tool with better features and functionality. It offers a better team member capacity without additional cost and comes loaded with advanced capabilities crucial for social media management.
To offer you a comprehensive view, here’s a comparison of the pricing structures for various subscription plans provided by Sprout Social vs. Later and SocialPilot.
30 Days Free Trial
No Credit Card Required
14 Days Free Trial
Credit Card Required
14 Days Free Trial
No Credit Card Required
|Learn More||Learn More||Start Your free Trial|
In-depth Scheduling and Publishing Capabilities Comparison
Planning your content calendar and making sure that it goes live at the right time is crucial for the success of your social media campaigns. With that being said, let’s compare Sprout Social vs. Later to find the right choice for strengthening your content planning and publishing initiatives.
Both Sprout social and Later allow smart and advanced queueing, post customization, and personalized posting capabilities. However, Sprout Social doesn’t offer hashtag suggestions and a media editor, unlike Later.
When it comes to integrations, Sprout allows integrations with platforms like Hubspot, Shopify, Zendesk, Salesforce, Marketo, Woocommerce, and Microsoft dynamic 365.
On the other hand, Later only allows integration with Shopify, Mailchimp, and Unsplash. Later also fails to offer post preview and Canva integration capability.
Note: If you are seeking a Later or Sprout Social alternative immune from the above-stated shortcomings, SocialPilot can be a choice. SocialPilot offers affordable pricing options and all crucial scheduling and publishing features. It supports in-app integrations with various apps and provides a robust media editor and URL shortener.
Let’s compare Sprout Social vs. Later with SocialPilot to know how these three compare against each other in terms of all their scheduling and publishing features.
|Smart & Advanced Queueing|
|Customize Post for Each Platform|
|Visual Post Support (Image, Video, GIF)|
|Advance Publishing Capabilities|
|Save Draft Posts|
|Watermark on Images|
|Auto publishing from RSS|
|Social media calendar|
|Advance Facebook Publishing Capabilities|
|Support Album Posts|
|Support Carousel Posts|
|Alternate Text on Image|
|Support Facebook First Comment|
|Boost Post Scheduling|
|Support Mention and Hashtags|
|Advance Twitter Publishing Capabilities|
|Support Mention and Hashtags|
|Support Multiple Image Posts|
|Advance Instagram Publishing Capabilities|
|Tag Profiles on Images|
|Support Instagram First Comment|
|Advance LinkedIn Publishing Capabilities|
|Support LinkedIn First Comment|
|Advance YouTube Publishing Capabilities|
|Mention of Other Youtube Accounts|
|Learn More||Learn More||14 Days Trial|
In-depth Analytics Capability Comparison
Social media analytics is of paramount importance to hit your social marketing goals. So, let’s compare Sprout social vs. Later for analytics capabilities.
Considering sprout social’s pricing, there is no surprise that it offers all essential analytics capabilities. Later, on the other hand, does a fair job of providing basic analytics features. However, Later falls short for not offering downloadable white-label reports and a custom report builder.
Note: One strong Spout Social alternative that offers all advanced analytics capabilities at a fairly affordable price is SocialPilot. SocialPilot serves for all advanced analytics features and still remains a pocket-friendly option that provides all social media management capabilities.
To know all your options, check out the table below for all the analytics features offered by Later vs. Sprout Social compared to SocialPilot.
In-depth Inbox/Listening Capability Comparison
When comparing Sprout Social and Later’s inboxing and listening capabilities, Sprout Social stands out as a superior option. Sprout Social allows you to leverage real-time listening while enabling you to raise support tickets, reply to messages, visitor posts, questions, reviews, etc.
In contrast, Later does not allow real-time listening and deprives you of replying to questions, reviews, and visitor posts.
Note: If you are weighing your options in terms of social listening and inboxing capabilities, SocialPilot is a Sprout Social alternative that offers a complete set of listening and inbox capability at a much more affordable price.
Check out the table below to compare all the inboxing and social listening capabilities offered by Sprout Social, Later, and SocialPilot.
In-depth Social Media Collaboration Capability Comparison
Collaboration capability is key for agencies and big businesses to maintain a proper workflow for teams and manage all their clients’ projects.
Both tools allow multi-user collaboration, content approval workflows, and easy access management. However, Sprout Social’s agency plan charges you a total of $499 with a single-user capacity and charges an additional sum of $349 for every additional member.
On the other hand, Later allows six team members with its advanced plan, which will cost you $80 per month. The only limitation with later is that it doesn’t offer free unlimited client onboarding.
To add more value to this comparison, we have made a side-by-side comparison of Sprout Social vs. Later and SocialPilot.