Managing social media can be overwhelming for many marketers. You have to constantly brainstorm for ideas and campaigns, get creative with posts, stay up-to-date with trends, and create and manage an editorial calendar, posts on multiple platforms for multiple clients.
Wait! You have just started.
Also, you have to continually monitor the performance, devise new strategies, apply hacks, analyze reports, and regularly share performance and next steps with your clients.
Now to efficiently manage social media marketing for multiple clients, Social media management tools play a crucial role.
One of the well known social media management tools is Sprout Social that every small and large business, including corporations, needs.
Why you should consider alternatives to Sprout Social?
Sprout Social is one of the most popular social media management tools, especially for business users. You can use this tool to manage multiple social media activities like scheduling, publishing, monitoring, analyzing your profiles and actions, etc.
Various enterprises and SMBs trust Sprout Social to manage their social media presence across multiple platforms with a simple and intuitive user interface.
Sprout Social supports scheduling and publishing on 6 social media platforms - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and Youtube.
Pros of Sprout Social
- Businesses can manage all major social media channels in a consistent and powerful platform
- It has in-built robust reporting feature
- It offers strong social CRM and helps desk options.
Cons of Sprout Social
- There are Basic tier limitations for keyword monitoring and social listening options.
- User-based pricing makes the product expensive for large teams
- The users also have reported issues with using search, filters, and information view in streams, and with posting likes or comments to other platforms.
- There are also limitations in how much you can interact with fans. Therefore, you have to sign in to the actual social media platform to find a conversation.
What are the best Sprout Social alternatives?
- User-friendly interface, no learning curve
- Advanced scheduling & publishing
- Team & client management
- Social media analytics & reporting
- Facebook ads & social inbox
- Connects 25 accounts at $30/m
- 24x5 support available
Let’s now go through a detailed analysis of each of the tools mentioned above. I have compared each tool with Sprout Social to give you a holistic perspective. This will help you to select the right tool for your social media marketing endeavors.
1. Sprout Social Alternative - SocialPilot
SocialPilot is a comprehensive social media management tool trusted by more than 115,000 marketers across the globe. Designed and developed, especially for small digital marketing agencies and businesses, it offers all essential and advanced features.
With SocialPilot, you can customize your posts for LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook by adding CTAs, Emojis, GIFs, Videos, Images, etc.
Here are the key features SocialPilot offers:
- Scheduling with an ability to bulk schedule
- Publishing on 9 platforms
- Facebook ad management
- Content Curation
- RSS Feeds
- Team and Client Management
- Proactive Spam Monitoring
SocialPilot vs Sprout Social
Both tools support Twitter, Facebook, Instagram (Direct Publishing), Google My Business, Pinterest, and LinkedIn as the most significant social media networks.
Sprout Social is great for businesses to introduce a brand and promote a blog. It is also suitable for a single person.
However, SocialPilot is best for small companies that want to schedule and publish on different platforms at an affordable cost.
This software has highlighted affordability as the main differentiating factor. SocialPilot is suitable for agencies where a team creates content, edit, and schedule with $30 Per Month for each user.
However, Sprout Social is not a good option for teams. You have to pay more to add anyone on the base price of $99.
Pricing: Social Pilot considers a wide range of audiences with no restrictions in its features. There are four pricing plans and 14 days of free trial for small businesses to larger enterprises. The subscription starts at $25/month (billed annually) as compared to Sprout Social’s pricing - $99 per user per month subscription.
Willing to explore more?
Check out the more categorized and detailed comparison of SocialPilot being one of the best Sprout Social alternative.
2. Sprout Social Alternative - Sendible
Sendible is a comprehensive social media management tool designed for businesses of all sizes. It offers all the standard features like planning, scheduling, publishing, and analytics.
This tool provides an informative dashboard that shows each social media platform’s performance, recent comments, and user engagement report.
With Sendible’s visual calendar, you can easily manage all your posts and activities.
- Analyze Social media performance
- Interact with someone on social media and add them as a contact
- Keep track of your followers
- Automate lead generation by creating specific features
- Find the profiles that fit your parameters automatically and add them to your database
- Auto-start social media conversations
- Collect your comments and posts from all of your accounts to handle them from one platform
- Publish new posts to your channels at scheduled intervals per day
- Queue and optimize posts
- Prepare reports to see the significance of each post
- View reports in a colored calendar layout.
Sendible vs SproutSocial
Both apps operate differently; you can use and navigate with them easily.
They offer similar functionalities and integrate with the known social networks. Their significant difference is pricing.
If you want to add more users to your plan with Sprout Social, you have to pay more.
Pricing: Sendible offers four size plans that you can buy them by paying monthly or annually. Micro is $24 and $29 per month with 12 services, 1 user, unlimited scheduled posts, and up to 10 queues options.
Its Small plan costs $84 and $99/mowith 48 services, 3 users, and all Micro features. Medium plan with 105 services, seven users, and the entire Small plan features costs $169 and$199 monthly.
Finally, the large price is $254 and $299 per month offers 192 services, 12 users, besides all Medium Plan features.
To see a more categorized and detailed comparison of SocialPilot being one of the best Sendible alternatives, click here.
3. Sprout Social Alternative - Buffer
Buffer is a powerful social media management tool that positions itself as a publishing and analytics tool. It facilitates publishing on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
This tool also makes it easier to manage team and enable inter-team collaboration by integration with over 60+ apps
Through Buffer, you can:
- Connect to all of your accounts
- Schedule posting for each or multiple accounts at once
- Shorten your chosen photos automatically, and then add links
- Set a specific time zone and schedule for each profile
- Apply fantastic smartphone apps
- Use their analytics that introduces your popular posts to get the update or re-share them
- Offer prompt, and helpful customer supports to your clients
Buffer vs. Sprout Social
Both Buffer and Sprout Social have invested in beautiful page designs that capture their target audience's attention effectively.
Much like Sprout Social, Buffer is one of the most popular scheduling tools for Twitter in social media marketing. Nevertheless, Buffer has improved more than Sprout Social.
Buffer also has complete, robust site analytics that allows users to see the posts’ details about the posts and their interactions compared with Sprout Social.
Price: Buffer offers five monthly or yearly paid plans and a free one. It is free for one user with three social accounts and ten scheduled posts.
Its Pro plan costs $15 per month with one user, 8 social accounts, and 100 scheduled posts. Small Business plan with 6 users, 25 social accounts, 2,000 scheduled posts costs $99/mo. Next is the $199 monthly Medium plan with 11 users, 50 social accounts, and 2,000 scheduled posts.
Large plan with 26 users, 150 social accounts, 2,000 scheduled posts is $399 per month.
Finally, Enterprise with custom price offers 150 + social accounts, 26 + users, and 2,000 scheduled posts
Along with Sprout Social, if you are also looking for the Buffer alternative, check out our detailed comparison of SocialPilot vs Buffer.
4. Sprout Social Alternative - Everypost
Everypost is a social media management solution that helps businesses with scheduling, publishing, content curation, and post customization.
With these tools, you can upload a wide variety of videos and photos in a simple format. It also operates to post material or messages with no limitations on characters.
Everypost also offers you the following options:
- It is excellent for giving access to your different team members. It can bring additional security when you don’t have to share login info access to every single person.
- You can also grant controlled access to different people within media platforms. For example, one group is allowed to post, but they aren’t able to remove or edit anything.
- Accessing content and sharing is easy on Everypost, along with Flickr accounts, RSS feeds, and other content sources.
Everypost vs. Sprout Social
Like Sprout Social, Everypost makes it simple for a user to create, plan, modify, and post content on crucial social media sites.
You can do analytics, automated publishing, and content management like scheduling your posts and customizing the content for each of the social media platforms.
Everypost allows you to work with your team, and you are also entitled to manage roles and levels among them.
However, on Sprout Social, you can assign tasks from the inbox to your team members and view their task flows.
Price: The software lets you handle your social media accounts and their content efficiently.
Everypost provides five client pricing plans to suit various users' needs. Its account is free with 1 account, three posts, and one user. Pro plan costs $9.99, its Plus is $29.99, Advanced price is $49.99, and Teams costs $99.99 per month.
5. Sprout Social Alternative - Hootsuite
The range of apps, integrations, publishing tools, and even its pricing makes Hootsuite a robust all-around social media management platform for organizations and users of all kinds.
Key features of Hootsuite are as follow:
- Hootsuite helps to post on time or schedule postings in advance.
- This app has a lot of flexibility in its free edition. You may be able to get anything you need for your small businesses within your free trial.
- Hootsuite combines several applicable marketing and social media resources.
- You can see all of the streams in one dashboard.
- You can create your privacy features and many tabs with no limitation and rearrange them in the way you like on this customizable platform.
Hootsuite vs. Sprout Social
Social Sprout and Hootsuite are robust tools for social media management that can do almost everything you need, such as post sharing, feed tracking, team management, post-planning, and social analytics.
Sprout Social has the capability of managing users with team functionality, content creation, and editorial calendar options.
On the other hand, Hootsuite offers a deeper collaboration ecosystem, including departmental and team-oriented dashboards.
Sprout Social has a user operational capabilities with a collaboration interface built into the editorial calendar and content development features.
Price: Hootsuite tool offers all scheduling and analytics useful tools for businesses to cover their client’s essential needs. It also provides a free plan as well as four payable plans.
With a Free plan, one user can have three social accounts with 30 scheduled messages. Its Professional offer costs $29 monthly that one user with ten social accounts can have unlimited scheduled messages. The team plan costs $129/mo with three users, 20 social accounts, and unlimited scheduled messages. Hootsuite Business option is $599 per month that 5-10 users can have 35 social accounts with unlimited scheduled messages.
Check out how SocialPilot competes as an Hootsuite alternative.
6. Sprout Social Alternative - IFTTT
IFTTT is the freeway to get your applications and computers to connect. With this “If This Then That” tool you can:
- Connect all of your accounts and tools. Then you create recipes with goals that cause the next action.
- You can create your unique recipes, but it’s better to use others’ recipes and then apply them to your accounts
- IFTTT integrates with other tools
- It is a super flexible website and a highly user-friendly mobile app.
IFTTT vs. Sprout Social
Along with all their standard features, Sprout Social and IFTTT help businesses increase their presence and find new customers.
Also, IFTTT is a leading platform to grow the products’ digital transformation into integrated services and perfect for home automation.
IFTTT is a great tool to automate your social media management the way you want.
Price: IFTTT offers free services in which you can run 750 posts per month with unlimited flows. Adding more functionalities cost $5 to $15 per user monthly. Its plans are Developer, Team, and Business.
With the Developer package, you can open and extend your API's scope to 20M users, 200K developers, and 600 services.
There is a fixed price with the Team plan for every linked user and embedding solutions to communicate with you digitally.
The Business package offers volume-based pricing. Through behavioral intelligence, enterprise reliability, and committed help, you will maximize your linked users’ value.
7. Sprout Social Alternative - Agorapulse
Agorapulse is a social media scheduling platform that also offers social CRM capabilities too. In addition to it, the businesses can also manage all the incoming communications on multiple social media platforms without leaving Agorapulse. Thus, saving them time and improve efficiency.
Key features of Agorapulse are as follows:
- You can schedule posts to all the major social networks like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube
- Your team members can collaborate on posts and reply to customer requests in the app’s social inbox
- You can customize your social media reports by date ranges.
Agorapulse vs. Sprout Social
Agorapulse and Sprout Social offer automated publishing, analytics, contact management, keyword filtering, posts scheduling, and multi-account management.
Agorapulse is suitable for small as well as medium-sized businesses. Whereas Sprout Social, is not the right fit for small businesses and independent contractors.
Price: After a 28-day trial, Agorapulse suggests four paid plans with assumed monthly payment. The medium package costs $99 with 3 team members and 10 profiles. Its large plan is $199 with 6 team members and 25 social profiles. You can have 12 team members and 40 social profiles via X-Large, $299. Enterprise is $499, with 70 social profiles and 20 team members.
SocialPilot also proves out to be a cost-effective alternative to Agorapulse. We have compared both the tools in detail, here.
8. Sprout Social Alternative - Socialbakers
Socialbakers positions itself as a unified social media marketing platform covering all aspects of social media marketing.
Many big brands like Toyota, McDonald’s, Jägermeister, and ASUS use this tool. Socialbakers offers two paid plans. One is essential with the basic features to manage 10 or 20 profiles. The second is the complete solution that can be configured based on the requirements.
The easy-to-use Socialbakers interface makes it possible for you as social media managers to:
- Post quickly and monitor all of your social media accounts
- Post at optimum times and increase your followers
- Find the right Influencers on Instagram and Youtube
- Manage customer care queries
- The app has a lot of high-cost add-ons.
Socialbakers vs. Sprout Social
Like Sprout Social, Socialbakers is an equally powerful social tool that schedules, manages, publishes, and analyzes content for brands on social channels.
Sprout Social's CRM tools increase productivity and team working commonly in all industries. While Socialbakers track and monitor your social media to find the right influencers, maximize your budget, and use a single dashboard to benchmark your performance.
Price: Socialbakers' essential plan for marketing and management costs $240 per month for five users and ten social profiles.
The smart package is for 20 users, and up to 30 social profiles cost differently. Scale plan offers 25-2000 social media profiles with an unlimited number of users. Integrated 360 is ready for 100 or more social profiles with no limitation for the number of users.
9. Sprout Social Alternative - MavSocial
MavSocial provides a complete social media management tool for brands and agencies. Along with content management and curation, it lets you schedule posts on multiple social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, Tumblr, and WeChat.
MavSocial simplifies the process of managing visual content in social media by providing businesses with a central platform that can store hundreds of images, videos, and infographics.
A few key features of MavSocial are as follows:
- You can purchase photos via an automated payment system.
- You can save pictures in your MavSocial account for quick access. Once you need one of them, you can simply select it from the library, add text, and share it with your profile.
- If you link your accounts, MavSocial will automatically choose your added profile pictures, company logo, images, videos, audio clips, and promotional content into the system, without worrying about copyright laws breaching.
- You can analyze and plan for various social media channels.
- MavSocial users can simply write a tweet, send it via email or the app’s chat feature to get approval.
MavSocial vs. Sprout Social
Sprout Social (a SaaS software) and MavSocial (an end to end platform) help brands and all sizes of businesses communicate better.
Like Sprout Social, you can schedule, save your content, create a customized scheduling calendar, plan campaigns, and edit your photos via MavSocial.
However, MavSocial’s customers are brands and organizations that need a cost-effective and time-saving social media management and marketing solution.
Price: There is a free edition for 14 days. MavSocial Advanced paid plan is suitable for freelancers and small businesses, which costs $16 with one user, and ten social profiles.
Pro plan, ideal for agencies or growing brands, is $65 for three users and 30 social profiles. The business package offered for larger teams and franchises with five users and 50 social profiles, $165.
Enterprise plan costs $415 with 20 users and 70 social profiles prepared for enterprises with custom solutions.
10. Sprout Social Alternative - MeetEdgar
MeetEdgar, also known as Edgar, is a great social media management tool for busy social media marketer. It automatically repurposes and schedules your content even if you are out of new posts.
With MeetEdgar, you can post on multiple social media platforms like Facebook Pages & Groups, Twitter, LinkedIn Profile & Company Pages, Instagram, and Pinterest.
You can also determine which post category you want to share in any slot, or Edgar randomly picks posts to share.
A few key features of MeetEdgar are as follows:
- MeetEdgar provides an automated re-sharing option for your popular posts to improve traffic rates.
- The Super Smart Insights option means you won’t miss any opportunities to communicate with your users or track your publishing queue continuously. Therefore, your social profile actions remain active even if you’re far.
- There is an unlimited library to store all of your content and updates to organize them by account, category, and date.
- MeetEdgar is only a social media scheduler without reporting or monitoring tools.
- You can schedule posts for later or choose to post directly to social media.
- The tool doesn’t support direct scheduling to Instagram (you need to post through its mobile app).
- As you cannot make multiple accounts, you have to share the same login with all of your team (but it isn’t an issue for freelancers)
MeetEdgar vs. Sprout Social
Sprout Social and MeetEdgar permit you to schedule sharing posts on social media like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn profiles, and company pages.
However, MeetEdgar has a more intuitive design and is esay to use in comparison with Sprout Social.
With Sprout Social, you can schedule your updates or put them in your Queue to be shared manually based on sharing schedules that you have organized in advance. On the other hand, MeetEdgar stores all updates online in a category-based resource automatically.
Price: The monthly plan costs $19 with four categories, three social media accounts, ten automated posts per week, plus unlimited manually scheduled posts. The other $49 per month plan is 25 social accounts, 1000 automated posts per week, unlimited manually scheduled posts, and unlimited categories.
If you'd like to check a detailed comparison of SocialPilot being an awesome MeetEdgar alternative, here it is.
As you have seen in this blog, there are many different social media management tools with advanced features that you can use as Sprout Social alternatives.
But I will suggest you to first assess and evaluate your current business situation and growth plans to purchase a social media tool.