Gone are the days when we used to rely on newspapers or pamphlets to learn about a product or even buy one.
Today, any kind of information is just a click away.
On an average, people are spending 6 hours and 42 minutes online every day.
In times like this, it’s so important for your business to have a presence on the Internet, be it in the form of blog posts, social media or advertisements.
Businesses of all kinds are realizing the power of digital marketing but the one thing they lack is time. Believe it or not, digital marketers these days need to handle thousands of responsibilities.
To help you save time and get much better results, we have come up with 10 tools you should definitely check out-
Best Digital Marketing Tools
- Advanced scheduling & publishing
- Social media analytics and reporting
- Schedule Facebook ads
- Manage social media with Social Inbox
- Visualize your strategy with Social media content calendar
- $30/month and 24x5 support
SocialPilot is that digital marketing tool which will make your life so much easier by taking care of everything from social media scheduling, bulk scheduling, content curation to giving you power-packed analytics.
It is one of the best internet marketing tools that also helps you with unlimited client management. Not only that, you can easily customize posts for each platform, get seen by your audience with flexible scheduling, design media posts and strategize perfectly.
The beauty of SocialPilot doesn’t stop here. It will serve every platform from Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok, Tumblr and VK. So leave your worries behind about managing different tools and become an expert digital manager this year.
Features of SocialPilot:
- Create customized posts for every social media platform.
- Document and analyze social media performance with in-depth social media analytics
- Strategize, organize and visualize your social content with calendar
- Get new content suggestions with the content curation feature
- Make use of bulk scheduling and upload up to 500 posts in one-go
- Create and schedule visually attractive posts
- Manage multiple client accounts hassle-free
- Access all page conversations in one place and leverage the power of social inbox.
- Set approval workflows in team collaborations for seamless work
- Utilize Canva integration in SocialPilot and create best designs.
- Reach your ideal customers by targeting the right audience.
Advantages of using SocialPilot:
- It lets you handle 100 social media accounts so you can easily take care of all your clients needs and at the same time work on your own presence.
- With their scheduling feature, you no longer have to remember the n number of posts you need to publish at a certain time. The tool takes care of all that for you.
- The analytics are quite detailed and insightful so you can experiment with different digital marketing strategies and pick the right one for you.
I have tried and researched a lot of websites that perform the services that SocialPilot does and I can say without question that SocialPilot is by far the BEST. The competition all falls down on one or more of the factors but SocialPilot shines!
I have a small marketing agency, handling social media for about 15 brands. I've used Hootsuite and Buffer but grew tired of not getting the support I needed. A few years ago, I found SocialPilot so I decided to give them a try. I'm so happy I did. They have a robust platform and I get more profiles AND all the analytics I need for way less.
Zora Alice Z
Intuitive, user-friendly, friendly price, fast and reliable support. I tried almost all platforms that can be found on the Internet and here I was thrilled by the ease of use and great support. And all for a good price. So I'm not looking for anything else.
Mailchimp is one of the useful digital marketing tools that is designed to automate and orchestrate email campaigns. It also shows detailed analytics that helps you experiment and improve your digital marketing initiatives in the future. Marketers can design emails and increase their open rate by adding images, gifs and personalized fonts.
- The analytics feature gives you statistics and figures on which you can gauge your audience engagement
- You can create templates that fit your style for similar kinds of email formats like sending a newsletter.
- It has a user-friendly and intuitive interface.
Overall Mailchimp is a great software to use to send out marketing emails to your clients and/or members. There are lots of templates to choose from and the set up is pretty straight forward.
- The mobile app of Mailchimp doesn’t offer that many features.
- As Mailchimp largely focuses on email marketing, you may have to use other tools for your digital marketing initiatives and thus it’d turn out to be very costly.
- The support team isn’t that great so if you get stuck somewhere, it may take a while for your query to be resolved.
As I was still at a free trial stage, I did try to contact the support team and realized I wouldn't be able to have any help at all considering that I am not yet a customer. I was quite frustrated with the fact that I had no assistance at all and it created a bad experience for me as a new user.
If you’re in search of a tool that makes working with your team easier, SmartTask is the tool you’d want to have. There are many tasks a digital marketer has on his plate. From scheduling posts to getting the blog posts approved from the team, there is a lot to be done. SmartTask is used by many digital marketers to brainstorm content ideas, strategize, assign tasks and deadlines.
- The tool has many features such as reminders, comments, auto-complete which makes working with a team easier.
- The files storage option makes sure everything is on the cloud and thus you don’t have to wait for someone to reply back with the file you need.
- The interface is simple and user friendly.
I have finally been able to use a project management tool in my daily life thanks to SmartTask simplicity.
- The mobile application isn’t that great.
- The user interface although simple could be made better.
- You’d have to use a lot many other tools for your digital marketing requirements and thus the price can steep up.
The UI looks very basic and needs a facelift. Their mobile app is not yet very polished.
This is one of the best digital marketing analytics tools. Ahrefs is a comprehensive SEO tool that has data for more than 150 million keywords. It is also great for competitor analysis as it allows you to check who is linking your competitors, where their content is ranking, what their top pages are and so on. It can also be used for rank tracking and website monitoring.
- Using the Content Gap tool, you can identify weak areas of your competitors and generate content ideas.
- Ahrefs can also be a good digital marketing reporting tool as they give out a detailed SEO report that provides important insights you can capitalize on.
- It shows which keywords generated the most visits on your website and offers tips to optimize them.
I love that I can do backlink research so easily and check what the competition is doing.
- The price is too high. Considering that you’d have to use other tools to manage the social media part of digital marketing, the cost will become extremely high.
- There is no free trial available so you wouldn’t be able to try the product before paying such a huge amount.
- For someone who’s just starting out, the tool can seem pretty complicated and difficult.
The software is really expensive, the basic price comes in at 99/month and this plan only offers you a limited amount of refreshes, if you want to implement ahrefs in a smaller (10 employees) web design agency you quickly find yourself spending $500+ per month.
This is a free but a must-have digital tool for website analytics. It can show you who is coming to your website, where they’re coming from and on which pages they’re spending the most time. These numbers will determine your digital marketing strategy. With Google Analytics, you can also find out the particular set of keywords that are doing wonders for your organic traffic.
- It helps you to understand how your customers are interacting with your website, the products they are engaging with and the total sales happening in a certain period.
- It is easy to get started with Google Analytics. All you need to do is log into the analytics account and link your website url to it.
- You can view demographics, sales and interaction data in correlation to each other and thus gain better insights.
Integration doesn't take more than a few minutes. We can see Real time visitors, and analysis of the users based on their retention, demographics, devices, etc.
- It doesn’t have too many advanced features that other tools have.
- The learning curve may be steep for a first-time user as it can be a bit confusing and overwhelming to learn.
- The analytics provided are not real-time.
The interface of the app is quite difficult to use for beginners and people who have less idea about using digital analytics tools. There should be a guided process to help users use the app more easily.
Awario is a social listening tool that gives brands the insights they require. It monitors the web non-stop to find the mentions of your keywords and ensures that you can react to the conversations that can impact your business. They also have powerful analytics to track the growth in the number of your mentions, measure collective reach, analyze progress and much more.
- They have a Boolean search if you’re getting too many unnecessary mentions with a simple search.
- It helps you sort mentions by reach so that you are involved in the most impactful decisions first and you can prioritize your marketing efforts to reach bigger audiences first.
- You can export your data into white-label reports and send those to your clients or colleagues.
It increased our awareness of what people are talking about on the net without us having to do searches each day.
- There are limits on the amount of information reported back in reports and also a limit on filters.
- It’s not easy to learn as it takes some time to get used to certain features of the tool.
- The price is too expensive for the features it provides.
Your first searches may not bring back the results you want. You really need to learn how to use the search tool and boolean searches to get what you need, so there is a learning curve on how to use the tool.
Want to make a quick graphic for your social media post?
A logo for your client?
Canva is the go-to place for that.
Canva is a digital media tool that allows you to create images using custom pictures, shapes, fonts and icons. In the world full of people wanting to have aesthetically pleasing pictures, Canva offers a simple way to design your presentations, logos, social media posts or graphs.
- You don’t have to worry about hiring an expensive designer. Instead, you can use the collection Canva already has.
- You can also create your Ads with the help of creative options in Canva
- Quick infographics can be created as they already have templates that are quite easy to customize.
Overall Canva is a great program whether using the free templates and graphics or unlocking their super high quality paid templates and graphics.
- Your work isn’t always saved when you’re working in the mobile app.
- The premium membership isn’t cheap so if used with other digital media tools, the amount would get high.
- There are some bugs in the program.
When editing images through the browser, sometimes some sections do not work well, and if the page is zoomed with the browser, most times it can not be returned to the previous state and the page must be refreshed.
Unsure about what content performs the best?
Here is where top digital marketing tools like BuzzSumo come to your rescue. You can look up trending topics with this tool and then write content in those areas. You can even learn what content of your competitor is working the best and then identify the gap and work in those areas.
- This tool helps in identifying top influencers in your industry and helps you connect with them.
- It is easy to use and saves you a lot of time by coming up with different content ideas.
- You can also do backlink research with this tool.
BuzzSumo is a very easy to learn and use tool. I was able to train teams on being self sufficient with the tool very quickly. It is a great tool to get a better understanding of what is trending and also to see what competitors are up to with content.
- The price is too high especially for small businesses and solopreneurs
- It doesn’t count social shares on LinkedIn which is one of the largest social media platforms.
- It takes some time to get used to the navigation in the beginning.
The price is high for the data you receive. It was hard to justify the price at times. To unlock certain features that should be standard, you'd have to buy an upgrade subscription.
KISSmetrics is one of those digital marketing analytics tools that helps you track, analyze and optimize your digital marketing performance. With the help of this tool, you can easily see what’s working and what’s not working across all of your campaigns. The platform also tracks your website visitors throughout their entire conversion journey and lets you know which part of the funnel you need to fine-tune to get the best results.
- You can easily track what features users are liking the best and why they are abandoning a product.
- The user interface is such that it allows you to have quick insights into users, campaigns, etc.
Once you figure out how to set up and run reports, you can get valuable insight into all kinds of actions that take place on your site and track important conversion data. Overall, the best thing about Kissmetrics is that it allows us to do data-driven marketing better.
- It may take a long time to implement it correctly especially if you have a complicated website.
- Integration with other tools isn’t very proper and the user interface needs a lot of improvements.
The user interface is completely unintuitive. The UI is outdated and every task is so manual it is painful. The integration with other platforms is limited.
Feedly is that digital marketing tool that will help you keep a check on all the content ideas without the information overload and overwhelm that usually comes with this task. You can choose all of the different blogs, topics and publications you’re interested in and the platform will aggregate all of this content into a feed you can monitor easily. You can also see what type of content is getting the results for your competitors.
- The recommendation feature allows you to get similar content recommendations for article topics you like.
- You can customize your feed by separating it by different interests like science, entertainment, digital marketing, etc.
- It is easy to use even for someone who is new to the field.
It's not confusing at all to browse around and use the Feedly account. It's visually easy to look at and navigate to the feed that I want. I like being able to find new feeds as well through the categories.
- The filtering and tagging tools aren’t as advanced as they should be and thus you may get some insignificant content.
- The mobile version of Feedly isn’t that great.
- Sometimes the entire article is not seen on Feedly and you have to go to the originator’s website which could be frustrating.
The biggest dislike would be when I click on a story and it varies how much of the content shows up. It either shows a majority of the written article or it will show very few lines. I typically click on the source link, but it can be frustrating when I am trying to gather curated content and have to click on one and it ends up being useless.
Frequently Asked Questions
The tools that are used to schedule, curate, strategize and analyze your digital marketing campaigns are digital marketing tools. Some of these tools cater to content curation, scheduling posts on social media, generating keywords, managing email campaigns and so on.
- Google Analytics
SocialPilot is the best digital marketing tool for handling all your social media requirements. It has everything from scheduling, content curation, bulk scheduling, team and client management, social media analytics and much more at an affordable rate.
The online world needs you to be continually present on all fronts be it on social media or your website. For digital marketers, that means literally having to be everywhere all at once.
Instead of having to stress yourself about it, make use of these digital marketing tools that not only remember everything for you but make sure that you get the results you want.
While the internet is filled with a plethora of such digital marketing tools, SocialPilot remains one of the best where work becomes seamless and hassle-free as everything is in one place.
Check the magic of SocialPilot for yourself. Activate its 14 day trial period now.