What is Buffer used for?
Buffer is one of the most well-known social media management tools for agencies, businesses, and enterprises. It enables its users to manage multiple business pages on various social media platforms from their user-friendly dashboard.
This simple-looking tool, but it has a lot to offer. Buffer can help users with content creation, scheduling, and publishing on multiple platforms simultaneously. They can get data-driven insights regarding their content and engage with the audience in real-time, all from the tool itself.
Buffer has all the major social media channels in its repertoire, allowing users to easily connect multiple pages from all these platforms and automate their daily activities. These channels include Facebook, Google Business Profile, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, and Shopify. The tool even supports the up-and-coming social channel Mastodon.
A unique capability that Buffer has is its “Start Page” builder. Businesses can use this feature to create landing pages to showcase their product. The link to these pages can then be shared on their social media.
What is Sendible used for?
Sendible too is a multi-purpose social media management tool used by individuals as well as teams to automate a multitude of activities involved in establishing a social media presence for brands and businesses.
It provides a simple and integrated dashboard where users can create posts, customize them for different platforms, and schedule them for publication. Users can also keep an eye on the performance of their posts from the analytics feature of Sendible.
Sendible is a cost-effective tool that covers all important social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Business Profile, and YouTube.
The tool also helps users to conjure new ideas through content curation features, so it’s easy to discover and curate content from multiple sources, including RSS feeds, Twitter lists, and YouTube channels.
Best Suitable for
Freelancer, Small Business, Agency
Start with $29
Freelancers, Startup Agencies, Growing Agencies
At a Glance
First and foremost, let’s see how the users have rated Buffer and Sendible. These ratings are based on some fundamental usability factors, such as the simplicity of setting them up and customer support.
If we judge by the overall ratings, Sendible is preferred over Buffer as it has scored slightly more. But regarding setting up the tool and the ease of usage, Buffer is leading over Sendible, albeit by a small margin.
Last but not least, the quality of customer support has been rated better in Sendible than in Buffer. And it is known that Sendible’s support and assistance for users is commendable.
To know the exact user ratings for Buffer vs. Sendible, have a look at the table below. We have also shown SocialPilot’s user ratings for a better frame of reference.
Quick Comparison – Buffer Vs. Sendible
In this section, we are going to go through some of the vital characteristics to compare Buffer vs. Sendible more effectively.
From the pricing standpoint, Buffer and Sendible are considered affordable options in social media tools, perfect for smaller teams or even solo marketers. We will discuss the pricing in detail in further sections.
Regarding social channels, Sendible supports all of the ones Buffer does. However, the latter has Pinterest, TikTok, Shopify, and Mastodon under its belt, which Sendible doesn’t have access to. But Sendible has much more to offer than Buffer regarding customer support and global accessibility. Buffer is available in English and Spanish, but Sendible supports 13 languages, making it easier for a wide range of audiences being able to use it.
Another critical aspect missing from Buffer, vital for agencies, is the white-label solutions allowing users to customize their dashboards and have a branded experience with the tool.
Note: Despite being in a very reasonable price range, SocialPilot offers its users white-label solutions, enabling them to have a customized experience with the tool, reflecting their brand. This makes SocialPilot a powerful Buffer alternative, as the latter does not have any notable white-labeling feature to its name.
Let us review all the basic but vital functionalities of Buffer vs. Sendible to make an effective comparison. We have also put SocialPilot in the mix for a better frame of reference.
|Can't Miss to Compare|
|Number of Accounts||10||49||30|
|Number of Team Members||Unlimited||7||6|
|Number of Posts that Can Be Scheduled||2000||300||Unlimited|
|Scheduling & Publishing|
|Localization||English & Spanish||English, Dutch, Spanish and few others||German, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish|
|Support||FAQs, How-To-Guides, Video Tutorials, Social Media Support & Email Support||Email, Chat (9am - 10pm GMT)||Email, Chat, Social Media, Phone|
|Learn More||Learn More||14 Days Trial|
- Buffer also offers a convenient feature where users can create a new page with the help of free templates, providing a jumpstart to their content creation process.
- The cost-effective pricing of Buffer makes it accessible to a diverse group of users, regardless of their budget.
- Buffer offers a convenient feature by which it automatically pulls in images from any pages that are being linked to, eliminating the need for manual uploading and saving time for the user.
- Buffer lacks support for various hashtags and limitations in the analytics capabilities, making it more challenging for users to optimize their social media strategies fully.
- A feature lacking in Buffer is a quick chat support option, which would be helpful for users seeking immediate assistance with an issue and were unable to find the answer in the help center.
- Buffer currently only supports traditional social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest but does not yet include newly emerging and famous platforms like Parler, Gettr, and MeWe.
- Sendible's user-friendly interface makes connecting and integrating with multiple social media accounts simple, reducing setup time and effort for the user.
- Sendible's accessible and easily shareable reports, which are simple to comprehend and analyze, enhance the client communication process.
- Sendible's social listening feature provides valuable insights into customer sentiment, enabling businesses to keep track of their brand reputation.
- Sendible's inability to handle large images, leading to crashes during uploads and edits, can be a significant disadvantage for users. This causes frustration and wastes their time, especially when creating or editing posts.
- Sendible's pricing can be a disadvantage for smaller businesses, especially when compared to other social media management platforms with lower price points.
- The process for reconnection in Sendible may require additional effort to ensure seamless reconnection of social media accounts.
- SocialPilot's interface is easy to use. Unlike other tools, it doesn't require a learning curve hence users get used to it pretty quickly.
- You can upload and schedule up to 500 posts at once using SocialPilot through its handy bulk import feature. These can be link posts, text, or even image posts to any of the platforms which SocialPilot supports.
- You can prevent delays and ensure that everything gets published according to schedule. As a result, with SocialPilot, your consistency on social networks remains uninterrupted.
- Although the Bitly integration is convenient, you'd like to see all these features built natively within SocialPilot or have automated workflows that create UTM links for all campaigns and other variables.
- Users can post directly using their Instagram business account, but they will get mobile reminders in case of a personal account. This is a common issue on all social media management platforms since there is no available API for Instagram personal accounts.
- Users have expressed a desire for the ability to add music from platforms such as Instagram and TikTok to their reels. However, this limitation is not exclusive to SocialPilot and is also present in many other scheduling platforms.
Pricing – Buffer Vs. Sendible
Now, we have come to the most important aspect of a tool that can make or break a deal for potential customers, i.e., pricing. So let’s see which of them offers a better deal.
Buffer offers four types of pricing plans, including a free one, whereas Sendible offers three, along with a custom plan. Here we will discuss their agency-level plans, which are the most popular amongst their clientele.
Buffer’s Agency plan costs $120 to allow users to connect ten social media accounts and schedule up to 2000 posts per month. To add more than ten accounts, the user has to pay an additional $6 for each. However, there is no limit on the number of team members the account owner can add to their team.
Sendible’s biggest subscription plan, Scale, costs $199 for allowing seven users to connect up to 49 social networks. And each user can post up to 300 posts per day.
If we extrapolate a bit, we can conclude that for $200, Buffer lets its users manage 23 accounts, whereas the number is 49 for Sendible. So Sendible is offering a better deal in this regard.
Here are all the pricing plans listed side by side Buffer vs. Sendible, along with SocialPilot in the mix for a better perspective.
14 Days Free Trial
No Credit Card Required
14 Days Free Trial
No Credit Card Required
14 Days Free Trial
No Credit Card Required
|Learn More||Learn More||Start Your free Trial|
In-depth Scheduling and Publishing Capabilities Comparison
The primary reason any social media marketer subscribes to a social media management tool is for the basic need for scheduling and publishing features. So it is important to address them while comparing Buffer vs. Sendible.
The tools in question are sufficiently capable of all the basic scheduling abilities like platform-specific post customization, visual content support, cloud storage, bulk scheduling, social media content calendar, and more. But when we go to platform-specific capabilities, There are some notable gaps.
Facebook scheduling is where Buffer lacks, making users might switch to Buffer alternatives. Users can’t schedule Facebook reels & carousel posts from Buffer. Neither does it allow boost posting, or first comment scheduling. Sendible, too, does not have any of these features except reel posting.
Note: SocialPilot is one of the best tools out there regarding scheduling capabilities. It supports and publishes every type of content on all the social channels it integrated with. When it comes to Facebook, unlike both Buffer and Sendible, SocialPilot can schedule all kinds of content, including images, reels, boost posts, and first comments along with first posts. It can also target specific audience segments to increase the effective reach of content.
It is also a notable fact that Buffer lacks efficient capabilities in content curation capabilities. This is necessary for social media marketing to keep consistency for all their business pages.
There are a lot of similarities when it comes to the lack of scheduling abilities of Buffer and Sendible. This can be verified by looking at the table given below. Along with the two leading contenders, we have shown the features of SocialPilot, since it is a diverse social media scheduling tool.
|Smart & Advanced Queueing|
|Customize Post for Each Platform|
|Visual Post Support (Image, Video, GIF)|
|Advance Publishing Capabilities|
|Save Draft Posts|
|Watermark on Images|
|Auto publishing from RSS|
|Social media calendar|
|Advance Facebook Publishing Capabilities|
|Support Album Posts|
|Support Carousel Posts|
|Alternate Text on Image|
|Support Facebook First Comment|
|Boost Post Scheduling|
|Support Mention and Hashtags|
|Advance Twitter Publishing Capabilities|
|Support Mention and Hashtags|
|Support Multiple Image Posts|
|Advance Instagram Publishing Capabilities|
|Tag Profiles on Images|
|Support Instagram First Comment|
|Advance LinkedIn Publishing Capabilities|
|Support LinkedIn First Comment|
|Advance YouTube Publishing Capabilities|
|Mention of Other Youtube Accounts|
|Learn More||Learn More||14 Days Trial|
In-depth Analytics Capability Comparison
Analytics in a social media marketing tool is essential as it gives the marketing strategy the right direction to follow. So now we will go over these features to compare which tool, Buffer vs. Sendible, to see which one of them is stronger in this aspect.
Both the tools, Sendible and Buffer, provide significant analytical insights for the platforms they support. They show data on business page performances and how the audience receives their users’ content.
However, Sendible does not facilitate Instagram analytics in as much detail as Buffer does. It provides a very generic overview of the overall health of the pages that users have connected.
Buffer does not enable users to automatically send the reports it has generated to the concerned team members and clients. Nor does it allow the scheduling of said reports to be automatically generated on a given time and date.
Note: Instagram marketing is vital to any social media strategy nowadays. So marketers must have the required information to decode their future moves on that front. SocialPilot has powerful Instagram page and content insights to offer to its users. When they connect any business pages to their SocialPIlot account, the tool will generate robust and content-specific data, which gives a complete picture of what is working for the audience and what needs to be changed. This makes SocialPilot a powerful Sendible alternative as the latter lacks in this aspect of analytics.
Here’s all the analytics and reporting feature comparison, Buffer vs. Sendible, at a glance, along with SocialPilot for a better frame of reference.
In-depth Inbox/Listening Capability Comparison
Listening features in a social media management tool are not always the highest priority for users. But the fact that they help build and shape a brand’s perception in the audience’s mind can’t be ignored. So let’s see if Buffer or Sendible have got what it takes.
Neither tool in question is an ideal social media listening tool. They have minimal capabilities for monitoring messages. Unlike Sendible alternatives which facilitate engagement on multiple platforms, the tool itself only allows users to reply to messages on Facebook and Twitter. Buffer, too is limited in this aspect, enabling conversation in Facebook and Instagram comments.
Neither tool is helpful in managing reviews of any kind.
Note: SocialPilot has a robust social inbox that allows users to monitor messages, comments, and reviews. Users can also utilize this inbox to proactively engage and react to reviews. Efficient review management helps create a positive, self-aware image on social media.
Here are all the things you need to know about the listening features or social inbox compared, Sendible vs. Buffer. Along with them, we have also listed the same for SocialPilot for a clearer picture.
In-depth Social Media Collaboration Capability Comparison
Lastly, we come to the collaboration aspect of both Buffer vs. Sendible. Let us see how these two tools are equipped to handle a social media team as well as their clients to work with them to execute desired marketing strategies.
In this area, Buffer and Sendible are well-versed and suited for providing adequate team and client workflows to their users. Multiple users can collaborate on content and use post-approval to create content that everyone in the team and their clients agree upon.
In the agency-level plans, Sendible allows seven team members at a time and charges extra to add more than that. Buffer, on the other hand, gives access to unlimited users to work as a team on the same profile.
Here is a bird’s eye view of all the team and client collaborative capabilities, Buffer vs. Sendible, along with SocialPilot in the mix.