Most social media scheduling tools are fully loaded with features such as publishing, analytics, moderation, and team collaboration. But, only a few of them successfully offer all the functionalities that you and your team are looking for, and we certainly understand that.
You are not alone. We all have been there. That is the pressing question where most people scratch their heads. Deciding the best social media scheduling tool for your team is certainly not easy!
In this blog, we are going to introduce you to some of the most popular social media scheduling and publishing tools and an insightful list of their pros and cons to make it easy for you. Hang on- we have more; we have added a comparison list of every feature to make it easy for you to select the social media posting tools that supercharges your social media management activities.
As Erik Qualman rightly stated - We don't have a choice on whether we do social media. The real tricky one is, How do we choose the Right Social Media Scheduling Tool?
What Are The Best Social Media Scheduling Tools?
Here is a well researched and curated list of 12 social media scheduling tools evaluated on their features, customer support, affordability, and verified customer reviews. This list will help you to select the tool that fits the requirements of your team correctly.
These 12 social media scheduling tools can boost your marketing efforts
- SocialPilot for effortless scheduling, creating, planning, and publishing on all platforms.
- Hootsuite for all-in-one social media monitoring, scheduling, and analytics
- Buffer for its simple social media scheduling and customizing
- Sendible for good lead generation
- Agorapulse managing business social media accounts
- SproutSocial great for team collaboration for social media management
- CoSchedule great for headline analyzer and planners
- Zoho Social for CRM integrations and social media management
- eClincher for small and medium-size agencies
- MavSocial for visual content like adding images
- MeetEdgar for easy automation of your posts
- SmarterQueue for reports for multiple accounts
- Advanced post composer
- Schedule multiple images, videos & GIFs
- Canva integration
- Social media content calendar
- Shareable social media reports
- Hassle-free team & client collaboration
- 24x5 support
$599 for 5 Users
Hootsuite is a social media scheduling tool mainly used by enterprise-level agencies. It is comparatively a complex tool to use.
Hootsuite has been around in the social media market for a very long time, resulting in a large customer base with over 16 million users worldwide. It supports Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Youtube.
While it has been in the market for a long time, it is comparatively a complex tool to use. Therefore we recommend other user-friendly hootsuite alternatives.
- The best part about Hootsuite is their social streams feature, which allows you to engage with your audience and monitor your social accounts right from the Hootsuite dashboard.
- Hootsuite provides account-specific social media analytics where you can track results by time frame and also create customized reports based on your requirements.
- Hootsuite lets you connect with more than 150 apps from their app directory. You can browse and select the apps that help you streamline your processes better and as a result, collaborate more efficiently.
It puts everything together on a dashboard, and it makes things way easier to view. I can see messages, comments, and responses.
- Hootsuite is way overpriced, not intuitive, and has a much more complicated user interface. It also gets difficult for new users to navigate their clunky dashboard.
- Hootsuite has a lot of features. Still, the pain is you have to pay for every additional service like access to specific social media account analytics, access to customizable reports, using a different URL shortener than owl.ly.
- It's tough to get a response from their customer support. It can also get very irritating to wait for a reply from their customer service team constantly. Furthermore, you are asked to pay more money to get priority support - Wow!
I can't be the only one who is frustrated by their UI. Everything about the user experience is frustrating. Everything feels glitchy. It's as if they have never actually used the product they built.
$99 for 5 Users
Buffer is a social media scheduling and publishing app just like SocialPilot, loved by its users and the community. It integrates with social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & Instagram.
- Buffer has a clean user interface, which helps the users to navigate within the platform easily.
- Buffer lets you customize your posts for the individual social platform with their tailored posts feature.
- Buffer replies instantly if you are stuck with an issue or have a problem and provide good support.
The interface is easy to use. You can pick up how to navigate everything very quickly. We connected to several social media channels and can schedule and post with relative ease. Their customer service has always been friendly and prompt with responses.
- Buffer allows you to schedule only about 2000 posts for 25 social accounts, which is considered quite less for agencies and teams.
- Buffer doesn't have an essential feature, such as a Content Curation feature to assist you in finding fresh and trending content.
- Above all, Buffer has its own products like Buffer Reply and Buffer Analyze, where you have to pay extra to manage your social conversations and social media analytics, which is in addition to paying for Buffer Publish.
The Buffer is missing some crucial collaboration features offered by other softwares that makes it hard to use for working as a team. And the pricing is just too high for the present standard on social media pricing applications. If you have the money, it is not a problem.
$199 for 5 Users
Sendible calls themselves as a tool that is simply the best way for teams to manage social media marketing for multiple clients and achieve the best results.
It's a tool that is built keeping the agencies in mind - a complete agency-focused.
Sendible supports Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google My Business, Youtube, and Pinterest, along with other blogging platforms like Wordpress, Medium & Tumblr.
- Sendible has a unified Social Inbox from where you can track your brand, competitor, and key industry terms to stay ahead. You also get email/slack notifications of mentions that match the criteria you've set.
- You can generate in-depth custom reports and send them automatically via email to your clients, team members on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- You can assign conversations/delegate messages to your team members for better and efficient customer service right from the Sendible dashboard.
Sendible creates a system of accountability and approvals for posts before they schedule.
- The pricing and structure of their plans is a bit out of line when compared to other scheduling tools. Strangely the prices are based on the number of services you use. For, e.g., Publishing to your Facebook page and streaming the Facebook page are 2 different services. So for $199, you get only 105 services, which turns out to be quite expensive for any agency.
- When replying to conversations/mentions from Sendible, it doesn't show the responses immediately. Sometimes this creates a situation of repetitive responses.
- It takes quite some time to get your hands familiar with Sendible, and you need to take out time to go through their tutorials to make it your go-to social media tool. In short, it's not very user-friendly. Some say they have a clunky dashboard as well - oops!
Verified Sendible User
The reporting template is terrible and annoying. The post scheduler got worse since it doesn't reformat images, and the services page is confusing to share with team members.
$199 for 5 Users
Agorapulse is a social media scheduling and CRM tool helping agencies and teams work collaboratively. One can engage, listen, collaborate and measure social media efforts with Agorapulse.
It supports social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Instagram.
- Agorapulse lets you label your content for easy retrievals and analysis.
- Using the Social Inbox, you can assign messages to your clients with a customized note or comment for them to directly handle it.
- Agorapulse helps you understand your audience better with their in-built CRM feature.
Verified Agorapulse Reviewer
Our team enjoys the Inboxing feature, which gathers all notifications and messages into one inbox.
- The reporting feature of Agorapulse is basic. Though it lets you download the reports in a powerpoint format - it is not very much helpful.
- Agorapulse's user interface is not instinctive. They need a serious makeover for users to navigate easily within the tool.
- Agorapulse has limited features compared to other tools in the market for the price it is offered. Moreover, it doesn't integrate with any external apps or tools - except for bit.ly well; it's assumed it is no biggie. (Dropbox, Google Drive, Zapier? They don't do any)
Unfortunately, the reporting is pretty weak. Agorapulse will allow you to export mostly PowerPoints (which aren't that pretty) and some .csv files for very basic social metrics.
$400 for 5 Users
CoSchedule is a social media planner tool focused on publishing and known for its content calendar feature.
With CoSchedule, you can manage your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr social profiles. CoSchedule integrates with blogging tools like Wordpress and Hubspot, which helps you organize and publish your blogs right from your Coschedule account.
- CoSchedule has an intelligent feature called ReQueue, which automatically fills your queue by analyzing and rescheduling your top-performing posts from your social media planner history.
- If you miss out on posting as per the schedule, then it automatically fills in the gap with your top-performing posts.
- CoSchedule has this Kanban Project dashboard, where you can see everything your team is working upon and progress each stage. You can apply custom statuses to workflows based on the way your team works.
Having the ability to set templates for Social sharing is incredible. It means I can continue to promote my content for weeks after it has been published, and the Requeue feature means it continues to get exposure for as long as I need it.
- CoSchedule is very pricey compared to any other scheduling tool in the market, even though it doesn't have any enterprise-level features like social listening and monitoring.
- CoSchedule doesn't offer many integrations and collaborations with other tools, which makes it less efficient while working along with the team and streamlining processes.
- The ReQueue feature is great, but it comes with limitations. It only allows you to queue your posts twice.
Verified CoSchedule User
CoSchedule is expensive, has confusing tiers, and lots of bubbly features that aren't that helpful. Any smart content marketer isn't going to put their social media post scheduler on random autopilot, and organizing content by "color." It is simply not a very useful tool after about a week.
$200 for 5 Users
Zoho Social is built, keeping in mind the needs of a growing business. It helps you work with team members, monitor brand mentions, and manage social conversations.
Zoho Social lets you manage Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Google My Business.
- Zoho Social offers the best time slots to schedule your posts with its SmartQ feature (based on when your audience is active the most).
- It has its CRM integrations, where you can engage with prospects and generate potential leads from social media.
- You can create automated reports to deliver your clients in the format and frequency you choose. You can also include team members in the delivery list and add a personalized message.
Verified Zoho Social User
I like Zoho software for many reasons. The most important one for me was CRM and social network collaboration. It has easy to use tools.
- The analytics and reporting feature is not very impressive. They don't have a combined analytics feature.
- RSS Feed integration is missing in Zoho Social, whereas all other scheduling tools have this feature.
- Zoho Social also falls into the expensive category when you take into account the features and UI it offers.
Verified Zoho Social User
Reporting is where I'd love to see the most improvement - there is not a way to look at combined analytics, or get accurate engagement numbers.
Check out a detailed comparison of SocialPilot as an intuitive Zoho Social alternative.
$219 for 5 Users
eClincher is a social media scheduling tool that supports social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google My Business, and Youtube.
It's an agency-focused tool that lets you manage your social media campaigns with reporting & analysis functionalities and a convenient unified social inbox.
- eClincher has a feature where you can find top influencers based on keyword searches and also top content suggestions shared by those influencers.
- It has a centralized inbox that helps you monitor and listen; you have set up and also helps in viewing competitor activity updates.
- eClincher has an inbuilt media library that lets you upload images and videos to your own dedicated cloud storage.
An important winning point of eClincher is its only control panel, where I can monitor the messages of the social networks that I manage and easily participate with my audience.
- The user-interface of eClincher doesn't win any awards. It's not very user-friendly, and it feels dull - outdated. The same goes for their mobile app.
- The unified inbox is a great feature, but it becomes clumsy and challenging and stressful to use with multiple social media accounts.
- eClincher can get quite expensive if you are an SMB or a social media professional.
The price is pretty steep for a small business. The analytics options really are minimal. Quite honestly, it's not much to go on — the keyword research kind of sucks.
$49 for 1 User
MeetEdgar is a different solution than other social media scheduling tools. It assists you in uniquely scheduling your content with its feature of evergreen posting that doesn't leave your queue empty.
Once you schedule your post in there, it saves the post in the library to reuse later. MeetEdgar supports only four social media platforms - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & LinkedIn.
- MeetEdgar has a posting queue that never leaves your queue empty. It recycles your evergreen posts forever.
- It has category based scheduling. You can group your content to different categories and schedule them accordingly.
Edgar is built for evergreen content publishing. You will be able to keep a library of your best content, put them into separate categories, and assign time slots for them to be automatically re-shared in the future.
- Though you can schedule posts based on categories, you can't shuffle your posts in the queue to reschedule them for later time slots.
- MeetEdgar has very limited features and supports hardly 4 networks, which don't make it a one-stop-shop for marketers.
- You cannot add team members, no social inbox, no in-depth social analytics, and just one pricing plan which can't be called affordable for the selective set of features they offer.
Edgar now has no reporting capabilities.
Check out a detailed comparison of SocialPilot as an cost-effective alternative to MeetEdgar.
$79.99 for 1 User
SmarterQueue is a different solution than other social media scheduling tools. It uniquely schedules your content with its feature of evergreen posting that doesn't leave your queue empty.
Once you schedule your post in there, it saves the post in the library to reuse later, that's it.
SmarterQueue supports - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram & Pinterest.
- With SmarterQueue, you can say goodbye to manual scheduling. You can assign time-slots to categories and recycles evergreen posts automatically.
- SmarterQueue has a feature where you can create variations of your posts for re-queueing so that you don't have to create unique posts always.
The two features I love most are the ability to re-queue previous posts and customer service.
- SmarterQueue is highly-priced for the features it offers. It has no collaboration feature where you can add team members and manage multiple client accounts. Nor do they have in-depth reports. You can manage only 25 social accounts at a price of $79.99/month, and wow! That's per user.
- It doesn't have a social inbox where you can manage your social conversations.
- Their user interface is neither intuitive nor user-friendly; hence, it presents a bit of a learning curve.
I don't love how the app looks. It isn't as pretty or clean looking.
Frequently Asked Questions
A social media scheduling tool is an automation tool that helps you schedule social media posts for multiple social media accounts ahead of time. You can’t be active by yourself on social media all the time, so using a social media scheduler helps you be proactive.
The best social media scheduling tools are
- Sprout Social
- Zoho Social
There are social media scheduling tools like SocialPilot that can help you plan out a social media schedule.
- You can set up times to post automatically while connecting your social media account to SocialPilot
- Add the posts to queue while scheduling them and they will be scheduled according to the time-slots you’ve set when you connected that account.
- With the help of the Social Media calendar you can view your whole social media schedule in one glance.
To select the perfect social media scheduler
- Check if it helps you post to the social media platforms you promote your content to
- Check if the social media scheduling tool has advance social media scheduling options and can customize posts for different social media platforms
- The number of posts you can queue and publish in a day
- Have a social media calendar that helps you visualize your social media schedule
- Allows team collaboration which makes it easy for and your team to work together
- Provides deep analytics and reporting.
And if all of these steps match in the scheduling tool, that’s the perfect tool for you and your social media team
For a team of five to work efficiently, you need a tool with a comprehensive list of features that also proves to be a cost-effective solution.
However, you should be able to post to all social media platforms at once without wasting time and compromising your efficiency. That's precisely how SocialPilot helps your social media management team make a significant impact in the world of social media.