What Is Later?
Later is a social media scheduling and marketing tool. It is a vital tool for businesses and individuals to plan and schedule content for social media. Later’s features include a drag-and-drop content calendar, automatic posting, analytics, and reporting.
Later also offers a fair share of analytics and third-party integration and team collaboration capabilities for easy social media management.
What Is Zoho Social?
Zoho Social is a social media management tool that enables businesses, to manage their social media presence. As a versatile tool, it works for platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google My Business.
With Zoho Social, you can easily schedule posts for social media, gain recommendations for the best time to post and monitor the real-time performance of your content. It also offers a fair share of analytics and reporting capabilities to gain detailed analytics and reporting on social media performance.
It also offers team collaboration to streamline your workflows. Unlike Zoho Social’s alternatives, it provides CRM integration capabilities to leverage your social media interactions for coming up with customer data.
Overall, it is a comprehensive social media management tool that helps businesses streamline their social media operations and improve their social media performance.
Best Suitable for
Start with $40
Influencers, Small Business
Start with $15
Freelancers, Startup Agencies, Growing Agencies
SMBs, Agencies, Multi-Location Brands
At a Glance
What the users feel about any product or tool describes a great deal about how good it actually is. So let’s compare Zoho social vs. Later in terms of their user ratings to know about their popularity.
According to the number of user reviews, Zoho Social is a much more popular social media scheduler than Later. Both tools are considered equally easy to use and enjoy equal overall star ratings. However, Later has a slightly better rating for support quality.
Note: It’s worth mentioning that SocialPilot, a more user-friendly tool, received higher scores for its quality of support.
For a comprehensive understanding, herein is a clear comparison of ratings for all three tools.
Quick Comparison – Later vs. Zoho Social
When comparing Later vs. Zoho Social, it’s important to consider the main features that differentiate the two platforms.
One key difference between these two platforms is the price point. Zoho Social’s agency plan will cost you almost $240 more than Later’s advanced plan. Due to this difference, Later can be seen as a strong Zoho Social alternative.
Despite this price difference, both platforms offer robust publishing capabilities, collaboration, and analytics capabilities for reporting insights.
Additionally, both platforms are available in multiple languages to cater to a global clientele. However, Later lags in offering some important features like a content library, competitor tracking, and white-labeling.
Note: Another budget-friendly tool that doesn’t miss on offering important features is ScialPilot. Just like Later, SocialPilot has very reasonable price plans that you can choose without missing out on important features like a content library, white-labeling, etc.
For a quick comparison of the most important features of Later, Zoho Social, and SocialPilot, see the tabular comparison given below.
|Can't Miss to Compare
|Number of Accounts
|Number of Team Members
|Number of Posts that Can Be Scheduled
|Scheduling & Publishing
|English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese
|German, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
|German, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
|Email & Live Chat
|Email, FAQs, Webinars, Product Guide, Forum
|Email, Chat, Social Media, Phone
|14 Days Trial
- Later has a "link in bio" option, which serves as an easy reference for tracking links related to specific posts, and is a great advantage as Instagram does not allow links in posts, providing a convenient solution for effective link management.
- Later boasts a user-friendly interface with a clean and intuitive design, making it easyfor users to navigate around the tool and use it.
- The capability of Later to preview the overall appearance of your grid on the platform, including a visual representation of how all your posts will look lined up on your profile, offers a valuable tool for ensuring a cohesive and visually appealing aesthetic.
- Later lacks integration with Shopify or Etsy. To tag a product, the user must manually schedule the post, copy and paste the information, add the product tag, then save the changes, making the process more time-consuming and complicated.
- Later schedules on various platforms, but support for Google Business Profile is notably excluded. This absence is unfortunate and can hinder the user's ability to reach their desired audience.
- Later does not have a feature to duplicate or clone posts, making it time-consuming to recreate popular posts to reuse, therefore hindering productivity.
- An advantage of using Zoho Social is the ability to monitor comments and engage with users. Using a centralized system to manage social media allows you to stay on top of conversations, respond to feedback, and build relationships with your audience.
- You can quickly review and plan content for multiple social networks using Zoho Social, thanks to its intuitive interface and streamlined workflow.
- Zoho Social's collaborative features make it easy for team members to work together on social media planning and allow better flexibility and adaptability.
- Most advanced features and services in Zoho Social are only available to users who pay for a subscription or access a paywall, limiting the functionality and value for free users.
- Zoho Social does not offer an easy or streamlined way to integrate UTMs into links.
- Zoho Social's reporting may be comprehensive but is challenging in terms of creating a single display of chosen metrics for all social networks in one place. Even when customized, the page can be cumbersome and difficult to interpret, potentially reducing its usefulness for some users.
- SocialPilot can schedule posts in advance on multiple platforms at once while customizing the post for each one of them for the scheduler.
- SocialPilot's interface is easy to use. Unlike other tools, it doesn't require a learning curve hence users get used to it pretty quickly.
- SocialPilot's tech support is excellent. Whether the user is facing a technical issue or has a general query, the team is quick to respond and help out.
- Users can post directly using their Instagram business account, but they will get mobile reminders in case of a personal account. This is a common issue on all social media management platforms since there is no available API for Instagram personal accounts.
- Some users have reported receiving error messages with scheduled posts. However, they acknowledge that this issue is not unique to SocialPilot and is also present in other social posting platforms. It is simply a minor inconvenience at times.
- Users have expressed a desire for more information on setting up accounts and configurations for approvals. Some have struggled with this aspect and had to face challenges in figuring it out.
Pricing – Later vs. Zoho Social
Pricing is a crucial factor to make a meaningful comparison between Zoho Social vs. Later. So, let’s compare.
Zoho Social’s agency plan which allows five users to connect a total of 100 social accounts, is priced at $320 per month. In contrast, Later’s equivalent advanced plan costs only $80 per month and allows six users to connect up to 36 accounts with unlimited post-scheduling capability.
If we compare the base level plans of both these platforms, Zoho Social is a little cheaper with its standard business plan, that costs only $15 per month, compared to Later’s corresponding plan, which charges $18 per month.
Note: SocialPilot, is a great alternative to Zoho Social which charges only $100 per month for its agency-level plan while allowing a team capacity of six members with unlimited post-scheduling capability.
To get a clearer perspective on the pricing plans of Zoho Social vs. Later and SocialPilot, check out the comparison below.
Business - Standard
Business - Professional
Business - Premium
14 Days Free Trial
Credit Card Required
15 Days Free Trial
Credit Card Required
14 Days Free Trial
No Credit Card Required
|Start Your free Trial
In-depth Scheduling and Publishing Capabilities Comparison
Many brands and businesses opt for social media management tools to automate content publishing. That is why scheduling and publishing are crucial aspects of these social media tools.
Later and Zoho Social are two such tools that help with this automation. Both tools offer advanced queueing, platform-centric customization, in-app integrations, and other essential features.
However, there are some significant differences between them, such as Later doesn’t offer Canva integration that facilitates content creation. On the other hand, Zoho Social lags in offering hashtag suggestions. It also fails to support carousel posts for Facebook that Later does support.
Note: SocialPilot stands out from these in this regard by allowing carousel posts and offering boost post scheduling capability for Facebook. SocialPilot also allows Canva integration that makes it stand out from other Later alternatives.
To offer an in-depth comparison, the table below outlines the scheduling and publishing features for Later, Zoho Social, and SocialPilot.
|Smart & Advanced Queueing
|Customize Post for Each Platform
|Visual Post Support (Image, Video, GIF)
|Advance Publishing Capabilities
|Save Draft Posts
|Watermark on Images
|Auto publishing from RSS
|Social media calendar
|Advance Facebook Publishing Capabilities
|Support Album Posts
|Support Carousel Posts
|Alternate Text on Image
|Support Facebook First Comment
|Boost Post Scheduling
|Support Mention and Hashtags
|Advance Twitter Publishing Capabilities
|Support Mention and Hashtags
|Support Multiple Image Posts
|Advance Instagram Publishing Capabilities
|Tag Profiles on Images
|Support Instagram First Comment
|Advance LinkedIn Publishing Capabilities
|Support LinkedIn First Comment
|Advance YouTube Publishing Capabilities
|Mention of Other Youtube Accounts
|14 Days Trial
In-depth Analytics Capability Comparison
It is impossible for marketers to make informed decisions without trends and data to guide them. Analytics data serves as this information for marketers to develop social media strategies. So, let us make a note of all the analytics and reporting capabilities of Later or Zoho social to know which is better.
Both these tools offer valuable analytics for all types of social media content. Although, Later fails to offer downloadable white label reports and a custom report builder that Zoho social does offer.
Herein is a detailed comparison of all analytics features offered by both platforms. To better weigh all your options, we have also included SocialPilot’s essential analytics and reporting features.
In-depth Inbox/Listening Capability Comparison
To effectively manage social media, it is crucial to create engaging content and actively engage with your audience. To do that, social inboxing and listening capabilities are necessary.
Both Later and Zoho Social allow users to reply to messages. However, in this section of the debate, Zoho Social holds a strong position than Later. Zoho Social allows real-time listening while allowing you to reply to visitor posts, questions, and reviews.
Note: It’s worth stating that SocialPilot’s social inbox is a useful tool for managing conversations across multiple platforms from a single dashboard. It provides all social listening features like Zoho social but at a fairly less price.
Let us take a look at the comparison below to compare Later vs. Zoho Social along with SocialPilot to know all their inbox and listening capabilities.
In-depth Social Media Collaboration Capability Comparison
Team collaboration is crucial to maintaining consistent brand messaging, timely responses to inquiries, and effective content creation. With that in mind, let’s compare the collaborative features of Later and Zoho Social.
Both Sprout Social and Agorapulse allow per-post multi-user collaboration for team members to work seamlessly. Both tools provide access management and content approval workflows assign specific roles, and ensure efficient workflow.
Note: While Later is a cost-effective tool, its inability to onboard unlimited clients can be a big drawback for agencies and businesses. On the other hand, SocialPilot doesn’t come with this limitation despite being a budget-friendly option.
To help you cultivate a clear perspective, we have compared all collaboration capabilities of Later, Zoho Social, along with SocialPilot.