Apart from the usual entertainment dose, Instagram serves as a valuable platform for businesses to promote themselves in a non-pushy manner.
According to the latest social media statistics, a staggering 90% of Instagram accounts follow at least one business, and 89% of Instagram users actively discover new products and services.
This highlights the massive potential for businesses to reach a vast audience and generate leads. However, due to fierce competition, many businesses and marketers struggle to boost their engagement and achieve a high return on investment (ROI).
Fortunately, Instagram tools, also known as Instagram marketing tools, come to the rescue.
These tools offer brands, influencers, and marketers an array of additional features, including content scheduling, post management, in-depth analytics, contact information integration, and post-promotion capabilities.
However, there is no such shortage of these tools in the marketplace, and at times enough to overwhelm you.
But don’t fret over it!
We have done the legwork and curated a list of the top 19 paid and free Instagram tools that will significantly elevate your social media presence and help you crack the code to success.
How we analyze & select these Instagram Tools:
We have compiled the following list of top-notch instagram tools through extensive research and evaluation. Our process involved actively weighing factors like user experience, G2 ratings and reviews, cost, and scalability. We assessed the proficiency of these tools in automation, crafting content, visualization, analytics, and teamwork to rank them. We have dedicated immense effort to curating this list, with the aim of equipping marketers with insightful data for choosing the right tools that will help grow their businesses.
Let’s check them out!
Category 1: Instagram Scheduling Tools for Businesses
Later is a marketing tool that is highly focused on visuals, making it a great hit as an Instagram tool. It even has a story button that allows you to schedule Instagram stories for later. You can also use Later to manage other platforms like Twitter and Facebook. Unlike other social media marketing tools that allow you to create a post before attaching a photo, Later requires you to select a picture before drafting it.
Later provides a media library option. This helps you manage the pictures you have. Furthermore, with Later, you can manage comments on Instagram. You can locate and reply to all the comments made on any of your posts.
- Later makes it relatively easy to upload pictures on Instagram.
- Later provides you with up-to-date information with newsletters.
As the platform is still evolving, there are (more often than I would like, but this may not matter for some lighter users) errors, which means that my clients’ posts are sometimes late or do not post at all.
- It may be difficult to schedule automatic Instagram posts on Later.
- Later lacks in-depth features that other Instagram marketing tools like SocialPilot offers.
- Later is not ideal for coordinating with a large team.
Although I enjoy using Later for posting to Instagram, my only annoyance is not being able to publish videos without the push notifications automatically. I hope this is a feature that Later plans to add soon.
Professionals, Small teams, Small-medium businesses, and Enterprises.
Hootsuite is one of the more widely recognized social media management tools worldwide. The flexible software does a great job at aggregating multiple social media platforms into a single dashboard, cutting out the need for different tools.
The tool allows you to monitor keywords as well as schedule posts efficiently. Hootsuite’s features also allow multiple units to collaborate and work from remote locations simultaneously making Hootsuite a great fit for larger teams and agencies.
With a worldwide user base spanning industries like education, finance, government, and healthcare, Hootsuite has proven invaluable in optimizing social media strategies on a global scale.
Its potent collaboration features However, due to its considerable prices on higher plans, smaller brands and solo entrepreneurs are unable to afford the tool.
Hootsuite offers five pricing tiers after a 30-day trial, ranging from $99/month to $249/month, catering to different social account and user needs.
- Scheduled & Posting: Easily plan, craft, and schedule social media content to auto-publish at specified times.
- Customer Engagement: You can use Hootsuite’s integrated social inbox to monitor, interact, and automate responses with AI chatbots, boosting customer engagement.
- Social Listening: This featyure lets you stay updated on trends, track brand mentions, keywords, and hashtags to gauge brand perception.
- Ad Management: Efficiently handle Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn ads within Hootsuite’s dashboard.
- Analytics dashboard: Access analytics data from multiple platforms in a centralized dashboard.
- Team Collaboration: Fostering seamless teamwork with defined roles for clients and colleagues is facilitated with Hootsuite.
- Employee Advocacy: Expand your brand’s reach by encouraging employees to share company posts on their personal social profiles.
- AI Writing: Use AI-powered writing tools to streamline the creation of engaging social media post captions for faster and more effective content generation.
We went through a hundred user reviews for Hootsuite, gathered from trusted review platforms like G2 and Capterra. After carefully analyzing each of them in respect to all the features of the tool, we have gathered these insights.
- Hootsuite’s content calendar proved to be very effective in visualizing strategy and easily rescheduling posts from one date to another.
- All the Hootsuite users highly commend the bulk scheduling abilities of the platform.
- 54.5% also find the ability to generate customizable reports very helpful for easy data visualization according to their convenience.
- Hootsuite’s 37.4% of users find the unified inbox very useful since it enables them to manage all their audience interactions from multiple social channels on a single dashboard.
- There are inbox tools in Hootsuite that let users automate the answers to common queries. This helped 10% of users to scale their responses faster.
- The customization abilities for content creation in Hootsuite have some scope for improvement, especially visual content editing features. 24% people have asked for more advanced functions for this so they can better edit their content within the app itself.
- Nearly 22% of reviews have expressed dissatisfaction due to the inability of Hootsuite to integrate external messaging platforms with their social inbox.
- When it came to organizing the Hootsuite inbox, many users said that managing and categorizing a high volume of messages became very difficult for them.
- All the reviews have shown complaints due to the inability of Hootsuite to integrate CRM systems with the inbox, which does not help the workflow at all.
- A 100% majority believe that Hootsuite is not able to deliver value for money and charges exaggerated prices. This leads to the tool being unaffordable for medium and small businesses.
Category 2: Instagram Analytics Tools for Businesses
4. SocialPilot Instagram Analytics
SocialPilot makes it possible to keep up with your Instagram page’s performance with its outstanding social media analytics and reporting features. With the click of a button, you can access in-depth information for your posts, reels, stories, and profile.
Generating concrete reports of your Instagram marketing activities is just a few clicks away.
SocialPilot’s Instagram analytics helps to discover the locations with the highest density of your followers and see when they are the most active. This lets you calibrate your content strategies to target these particular demographics.
And since SocialPilot is a complete Instagram management software, you can align your social media strategy with the help of all the insights on every type of content the analytics gives you and make your efforts more productive.
- SocialPilot analytics provides content-specific insights on Instagram. This includes posts, stories, and reels, giving us a better understanding of each of their performance.
- Gender segregation, age groups, locations, and time of activity are some of the metrics available under profile overview, giving us detailed information on your followers.
- Hashtag performance metrics like average reach and impressions are given under the Reels section.
- SocialPilot lets you reshare your best-performing posts right from its analytics dashboard.
- Generate reports in PDF formats or schedule reports to send to your clients.
- The performance metrics of each post can be seen at a glance in a tabular form.
- Easy filtering of the specific time period for which you want to view the data for.
- Discloses the cities and countries where the follower density of your Instagram page is the highest.
- You can see the analytics of multiple Instagram pages from the same dashboard simply by switching to a different page from the available drop-down menu.
SocialPilot is continuously improving. In the year I’ve used this software, they’re unrolled new features like Reels analytics, carousel posts, and scheduling first comments. Using a platform that keeps up with social media trends is a key component of our success across dozens of accounts.
SocialInsider is an analytics tool that helps you collate information on social media. It can go as far back as 5 years before the time of the search to filter content and present it to you.
SocialInsider is one of the few Instagram growth tools you can use for competitive research so you understand your audience better and create a strategy to win them over with. Here’s a list of Instagram analytics tools if you just want to opt for an affordable solution to measure your Instagram campaigns.
- It gives you access to data that’s excellent for comparison and benchmarking.
- It has a great support team that can attend to your needs as soon as possible.
- It shows historical data and spreads the search across various platforms for easier comparisons.
It saves time by having everything in one place. Great for benchmarking, comparisons between brands, and quick reports.
- SocialInsider is quite expensive.
- It is too streamlined for a broad marketing experience.
I’m most disappointed in the reporting. While it gives a good overview, I’d love to see some customization. One specific report I’d like to see is the ability to pull the top x-number of posts from a certain time period. The default report gives the top 5 posts, but I’d love to customize that to see the top 20 or 50+ posts over a period.
Sprout Social is an interesting Instagram analytics tool that helps understand your audience better. This popular tool enables access to industry, brand, and competitive insights.
Organizing and sharing data with stakeholders is easy with this tool. It helps you prepare attractive reports with all relevant information.
Connecting audience reactions to marketing campaigns is easier with Sprout Social. This tool can help in quicker data collection and assists in decision-making by brands.
- Sprout Social offers robust and downloadable analytics and reports.
- The tool is highly intuitive that assists in decision-making greatly.
- Excellent customer service.
Sprout makes scheduling content, listening, reporting, and community management so easy to use. It’s really got everything in one place that you need for successful social media management. The roles function makes it easy to set up a team, and as someone who works with a lot of colleagues around the world – this is a lifesaver!
- Needs more report customization features.
- Should include better audience demographics.
It would be nice if LinkedIn personal profiles could be connected for analytics, otherwise, everything in the platform has worked well for us so far. The mobile experience could be better as well.
Category 3: Instagram Marketing Tools
7. SocialPilot for Instagram Marketing
SocialPilot fits the bill of an effective tool that empowers your Instagram marketing efforts with the minimum hassle involved. Stand out from the ever-growing crowd and leave the competition behind with its powerful capabilities to boost all the Instagram business pages under your watch.
It has many features specific to Instagram, such as post, story, and reel scheduling, content curation, first comment scheduling, image customization, social inbox, location tagging, and more. All of these make SocialPilot a complete package for Instagram marketing.
- A versatile scheduler lets you publish Posts, Stories, and Reels from a single dashboard.
- Inbuilt image editor, which helps customize images to the requirements of Instagram.
- Tag locations in your Instagram posts to spread brand awareness for your business and draw locals to your doorstep.
- Content library to store hashtags, groups, and other types of post content to use later during content creation.
- Social inbox lets you monitor and reply to comments and DMs on your Instagram pages from a single dashboard. This makes it easy for you to engage with your audience without delay.
- Schedule and publish the first comment on your Instagram post at the same time from the same space, helping you keep your caption neat and clean meanwhile being able to add relevant hashtags to your post.
- Track your campaigns better with custom UTM parameters.
- The tool helps you streamline workflows with the team and client collaboration feature. This involves selective access to specific pages based on team members’ roles, content approval from the clients and your team, and feedback exchange through comments during the scheduling process.
- Flexible Instagram scheduling
- Total usage of Instagram video marketing with Reels and Stories
- Branding of each post with customized images and location tags
- Easy use of relevant hashtags with a library feature
My agency has used SocialPilot for social media management for multiple clients with several social platforms for the last three years. Each year, we evaluate competing products to ensure that we are using the best tool available—we always are! My favorite part of SocialPilot is that their development team listens to customers and adds new features we want.
Agorapulse helps manage your social media by offering a host of tools for publishing, monitoring, reporting, and team collaboration.
This intuitive Instagram management tool helps in collaborating and scheduling content for multiple social media platforms. It helps ascertain trends about the brand and its competitors.
Agorapulse can be a great tool for a marketer aiming for Instagram growth with its automated marketing strategy.
- Helps manage multiple social media accounts into a central app.
- The visuals and the metrics in reporting are excellent.
- Easy to adapt to features.
Saves a lot of time and makes scheduling and monitoring so easy. Reports are very comprehensive. Great to be able to proof and publish junior team members’ posts after they have been uploaded.
- Resizing options for publishing in multiple channels is needed.
- It is quite expensive as additional features need a fee.
It is a very good application, but it is quite expensive so not many people can access it, I have many colleagues who use other applications because they are cheaper.
Shortstack is another Instagram growth tool for marketers. It is built for lead generation and engagement optimization. Shortstack has several features that help you create effective landing pages and improve social media marketing.
Shortstack can be used to run contests and promotions to spread awareness of your social media page. It also collates email addresses and enables you to conduct polls to gather valuable opinions of your users on social media.
- It is excellent for organizing social media contests. You do not need to have any prior graphic design experience.
- Shortstack is a great way to gather information about users.
Information retrieval and exportation are rather confined to a tiny amount of applications, as the deficiency of an API implies that there is certainly no workaround.
- You may be required to do constant updates, which can be tiring and interfere with your work.
- Updates can also be automatic, increasing your billings. Considering the monthly price you already have to pay, it all makes Shortstack quite expensive.
- As an Instagram marketing tool, Shortstack actually falls short.
It’s really simple to set up a competition or landing page quickly, with easy-to-modify templates and the new theme customization. However, data retrieval and exportation are very limited to a small number of apps, and the lack of an API means that there’s no workaround.
Another Instagram tool to consider is Sendible. If you are a marketer with a large agency interested in Instagram management tools, then Sendible should work just right for you.
It comes with an intuitive interface, so you don’t have to spend much time learning it. Sendible has a content library feature that lets you store hashtags and responses in one place. Queue your posts, and Sendible will do the rest for you.
- Sendible allows you to store content for future use, so you never run out of material for posting.
- Sendible has some pretty incredible automation tools for Instagram. For instance, you can set up automatic replies on Instagram, search for hashtags you are mentioned on, and auto-like those posts too.
Their app is not as intuitive as the desktop platform. Hopefully, it’s in the works, and it more than likely is.
- Sendible doesn’t offer free plans, and the pricing is expensive for the features it offers.
- You can’t trust geographic keyword monitoring and might need manual checks.
Sendible doesn’t always learn quickly; some of the notifications refuse to go away. LinkedIn requires users to log in again through Sendible every 60-90 days, which is tiresome and occasionally forgotten, so it affects our calendar. The tracked metrics could be more specific with more personalization opens.
Category 4: Paid and Free Instagram tools for Influencer Marketing
Modash can help you grow on Instagram by connecting with influencers. The platform lets you search & analyze influencers to find creators with engaged audiences who are likely to be interested in your brand.
It’s trusted by big names like Google & Bolt, but you can use Modash to kick-start your influencer marketing program even as a newcomer. The UI is beginner-friendly and backed by a world-class support & success team.
It’s perfect for eCommerce & B2C SaaS brands looking to boost their Instagram reach.
- It has a simple UI.
- Its world-class support makes you can run effective influencer campaigns without prior experience.
- It has additional best tools for Instagram such as Lookalikes and Growth Rate filters that help you find the perfect partners to keep upscaling your campaigns.
- Audience data & insights are more accurate compared to similar influencer marketing tools.
Kyun Lok N.
Impossibly good! We’re really loving the tool! Keep up the great work!
- No free version other than a 14-day free trial.
- No built-in feature for compensating creator partners.
Some bugs have popped up in the early days, although the support is super quick to respond and reach out to you.
TINT is a popular Instagram tool for influencer marketing. It is trusted by the most popular brands across the globe and is customizable to fit your requirements.
This user-friendly platform enables the easy collection, curation, and display of reviews on Instagram. TINT uses advanced AI features that help greater audience engagement and sales conversion.
Authentic performance insights, analytics, and generating detailed reports are possible with the help of TINT.
- Excellent customization options.
- Easy to maximize audience reach and engagement.
- Innovative platform.
I enjoyed the easy-to-use interface that was visual and intuitive.
The customer support we received in onboarding was also top-notch—through recorded sessions and hands-on demos.
- Instagram geo-locations are not available on the dashboard.
- Filtering and sorting options are not available.
Platform breaks down, has random glitches that even after you think you have fixed them with the help of the support team come back eventually
Category 5: Paid and Free Instagram tools for Social Listening
Awario is appropriately termed a social media ‘listening’ tool because it gathers information relating to the brand’s mentions and tags on social media.
Awario scours social media, blogs, and the whole of the internet to pinpoint locations where you are mentioned, ensuring you don’t miss out on any opportunity to engage in a conversation involving you.
As an Instagram tool, Awario helps you gauge your brand’s health. It also enables you to keep an eye on the competition. This way, you know what areas to improve on to match up to expectations.
- It is excellent for carrying out keyword searches. It hardly misses anything.
- With Awario, it is easy to set up alerts, and you can have them delivered to your inbox automatically.
- It helps you manage multiple clients at once..
I love that the blog is useful and teaches us how to use the interface to a greater and greater effect each week.
- The tool can be slow for navigation.
- It may take some time for you to get used to the tool.
It seems to miss a few posts from Instagram that we thought it would and should easily catch.
Keyhole is one of the popular Instagram tools for businesses that keep track of your hashtags in real time. It lets you keep tabs on what is going on around you and help you make changes in your campaign strategy.
With the constant competition of staying with the trend, Keyhole gives you a competitive advantage with social listening and monitoring capabilities. It can also help you in instant engagement as it scours the web and notifies you whenever your brand is mentioned. This is an excellent tool for reaching out to your audience fast.
- Keyhole lets you download valuable reports in PDF format.
- Historical data, campaign tracking, and influencer marketing features are available.
- Track conversations about your brand across blogs, forums, and news websites.
The metrics given on Keyhole are unmatched and help us in setting KPIs and measuring results accordingly. The layout is also very user-friendly, and everything is exportable, so that’s wonderful.
- It is not affordable for small businesses and agencies.
- You have to set up trackers beforehand as changing them later might cost you extra.
I felt like it broke A LOT. Sometimes info would not be pulled, and the reports would be screwed up, etc. When I requested help, I was made to feel like I was the one making mistakes when I was a pretty savvy user.
Sprout Social is a one-stop social media managing platform for brands to manage conversions and achieve robust growth.
Social listening tools from Sprout Social helps to identify gaps to improve the health of your brand. It assists in coping with the latest trends and identifies the influencers who can help in brand promotion.
The user-friendly platform enables effortless integration of social media listening with your business strategies.
- The inbox activity management trackers are a great addition for better engagement.
- Wide range of Instagram tools for scheduling, tracking, and analyzing posts are available.
- Excellent onboarding support by the team.
Data analysis – easily displays all the information I want and need to be able to reflect on previous performance, future trends, competitors, etc. The tool is quite straight forward which makes it very user friendly.
- The add-on features are expensive.
- Certain networks like LinkedIn groups, Facebook groups cannot be integrated.
I doubt this is the fault of Sprout, but in the messages and posts, it is a bit inconvenient that I can’t like all the tagged posts through the platform. Little things like that and only being able to like, comment or share certain types of posts from various platforms do cause issues.
Brand24 is an excellent social listening tool for Instagram. This tool helps take action in real-time based on interactions of viewers. It can help identify issues before they become serious, based on monitoring the sudden increase in the volume of discussions about your brand.
This tool helps you customize the mode of alerts. Obtaining accurate results is made possible through its robust filtering options.
It is an easy-to-use tool that lets you analyze competitors and your conversions to take immediate corrective action.
- The tool uses advanced sentiment analysis to segment positive, negative, and neutral mentions.
- Sharing insights across the organization is very easy.
- Lots of filtering options are available.
The software is easy to use, they have decent guides and help docs, and the support is stellar. A very good app for tracking mentions. Lots of filters to hone in on the results that matter.
- Translation to more languages would be beneficial.
- It leaves out some mentions at times.
If two brands use similar keywords it is complex to separate one from another.
Category 6: Instagram Tool for Content Creation
Canva is one of the best design tools for Instagram. It features thousands of templates and designs of professional quality.
Presenting and downloading designs is easier with Canva. You can design a logo, poster, banner, video intro, meme, flyer, invitation, and more.
This tool also facilitates team collaboration with the best of their productivity tools.
- It has thousands of pre-set templates that can suit different social media platforms.
- Results can be obtained in various formats as desired by the user.
- Not much technical knowledge is needed to use the tool.
The most helpful in Canva is its ready world-class templates with stellar designs that can only be seen in their software. It saves your energy and time to think about what color, techniques, and fonts are because it is already there in just one click, and you are good to go.
- More cutting and shaping tools are required.
- 3D section to design logos inside photos is needed.
It has a lot of templates that are very attractive, but all of these are for the premium versions.
Instasize is a popular photo editing and resizing tool that can instantly transform your photos to make them captivating.
You can change the background, add filter effects, include borders, create collages, and resize photos with unlimited advanced features of Instasize.
It gives access to 130+ premium filter options for free so that you can try out various options before buying the premium version.
- Easy to add colorful text to photos.
- Collage creation is easy.
- Compatible with most devices.
I started using this app for 4-5 months now and I haven’t had a single complain. The updates are regular and it doesn’t give you unnecessary pop up advertisements.
- With each new update, the borders and backgrounds are lost.
- Lot of glitches faced while using the app.
InstaSize need purchase for unlock and download some features as well functions. We need watch 15 seconds video every time when we open application, it must for only one time but its boring us for watch every time.
Adobe Rush can be your best partner to express your creativity. This desktop and mobile video editing app can help you shoot, edit and share premium-quality videos.
Videos created here can be exported to any social media platform without disturbing the aspect ratio.
There are hundreds of in-app features for audio, graphics and adding titles in this app.
- It is simple and easy to use.
- The free version also allows unlimited access to editing and effects.
- Editing can be completed quickly.
Ease of use, syncing across apps & platforms, integration with Creative Cloud.
- The app crashes frequently.
- The pro version needs more learning to understand its use.
They’ve trimmed down everything good about the original Premiere. There are nearly no features available. It is very slim and doesn’t offer the capabilities other entry-level video editing software do.
From content creation and scheduling to influencer marketing and ad management, these tools streamline processes and provide valuable insights, ensuring competitiveness in the dynamic Instagram landscape.
In addition to popular Instagram tools, some underhyped apps used by Instagrammers include photo and video editing apps like VSCO, Snapseed, Lightroom CC, Square Sized, and Adobe Lightroom.
However, to truly excel, you need to elevate your marketing game with these Instagram marketing tools. They handle scheduling and content analysis, allowing you to focus on creating high-quality content and brainstorming new campaign ideas.
Ready to get started? Try SocialPilot as your Instagram growth tool and put your marketing on autopilot. Take advantage of the 14-day free trial to boost your branding like never before.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Instagram tools for businesses?
Instagram tools are used for promoting a business on Instagram. They come in large varieties to aid you in different aspects. Some tools for Instagram will help you with analysis, while others will let you schedule posts for later. However, a SocialPilot like tool helps in both.
What is the best time to post on Instagram?
The best time to post on Instagram is 6 am-11 am PST. But it is advisable to track your audience demographics to find your best suited time for better engagement on Instagram.
How many times should I post on Instagram?
Posting once a day on Instagram is advisable because you don’t want your followers to mark you as spam. However, you can post multiple Instagram stories throughout the day for a pronounced reach.
How many times should I post on Instagram?
Posting once a day on Instagram is advisable because you don’t want your followers to mark you as spam. However, you can post multiple Instagram stories throughout the day for a pronounced reach.
What are the best paid and free Instagram tools you can use?
Some of the best tools for Instagram are:
The Instagram tools that let you post on Instagram directly are:
Which Instagram tools let you post directly?
The Instagram tools that let you post on Instagram directly are:
What are free Instagram marketing tools?
There are many free Instagram marketing tools, but not all offer a worthy range of features. Although there are still some free Instagram marketing tools like SocialPilot, Buffer, Crowdfire, Later, BaazarVoice, Audience Insights, IconoSquare, and Leetags, among others.
What are the tools on Instagram?
Instagram Business accounts offer several additional tools and features unavailable to personal accounts. Here are some key tools that Instagram Business accounts offer analytics insights, contact button, Instagram ads, Instagram shopping, Instagram stories features, and Creator Studio.
What is the best tool to grow Instagram?
There are many tools to grow Instagram, but SocialPilot stands out among the many available tools for Instagram growth due to its content scheduling and online visibility improving capabilities. It is also an affordable alternative to tools like Sprout Social and Hootsuite that offers the same level of capabilities.
About the Author