Online businesses that choose not to advertise on Facebook are missing big.
Listen to this:
- Facebook has over 2.45 billion monthly active users.
- Facebook is the fastest way to reach millions within a remarkably short amount of time
- Facebook ads are displayed in the news feeds of the right users thanks to targeting options
To top it all off, Facebook can be a powerful selling tool, as 78 percent of American consumers have discovered products there.
With all these compelling reasons to get involved with Facebook ads, your only question should be: “When can I start?”
Before that, let’s make sure that you do it the right way.
What do I mean?
Well, many businesses before you have wasted a lot of time and money before they figured out how Facebook ads actually work. While it’s true that you can spend as little as $5 per day on them and still enjoy nice results, getting to point takes time and money.
One way to achieve results without investing thousands is to use Facebook tools. Not only do they make it easier to manage the entire process, but also save you a bunch of money.
In this article, I’m going to share 8 Facebook ad tools that can make your next campaign a success.
Best Facebook Ad Tools You Should Know
- Schedule and boost Facebook posts
- Publish Facebook leads ads
- Insightful analytics and reporting
- Powerful audience targeting options
- Affordable at just $30/m
- 24x7 support
Trusted by 115,000+ online businesses, SocialPilot is an excellent tool for managing Facebook ads that works for both solo entrepreneurs and agencies. When it comes to promoting your ads online, it’s one of the most straightforward and simple Facebook Ad tools to use on this list.
It can literally take minutes to add a Facebook account and get acquainted with an intuitive dashboard. Just connect your Facebook Ad account and manage everything using one menu.
(the Ads tab in the SocialPilot main menu is the center of all Facebook advertising operations)
In fact, many SocialPilot users say that the learning curve is surprisingly minimal and they were able to achieve nice results pretty quickly.
The process of boosting Facebook posts with SocialPilot is also pretty straightforward. You also don’t have to wait for posts and ads to be published to give them a boost. Schedule them in advance and boost them before publishing, which can help with saving time and allowing you to focus on other things.
SocialPilot has powerful audience targeting options to help with reaching Facebook users who are likely to engage with ads. You can select the audience you’ve created already and create new ones as well.
Thanks to a great integration with Facebook, you can publish and boost ads and even create a Facebook Lead Ad with complete analysis.
One great built-in feature to help with improving ad campaign performance is detailed analytics. You can get a complete overview of the engagement generated by your campaigns and use this knowledge to improve the ads.
Another important thing about SocialPilot is that it gives the user complete control over ad campaign options. You can adjust the duration of the ad, choose days to display them, change spending parameters, and make other changes to achieve the maximum impact.
But wait, there’s more.
- Schedule and boost Facebook posts according to your social media strategy
- Analyze and monitor the performance of ad campaigns with Facebook analytical reports
- Choose from multiple ad goals to engage more Facebook users (Reach, Engagement, and Traffic)
- Powerful targeting options to reach the right audiences (age, gender, location, demographic, etc.)
- Optimize your campaign by defining custom budgets, durations, etc.
- Choose among 4 platforms to view ads: Facebook feed, stories, Messenger, or Audience Network.
- Easier to learn for first-time users of Facebook ad automation tools thanks to an intuitive dashboard
- More affordable for small businesses compared to other popular Facebook marketing software; SocialPilot’s plan for small businesses costs only $25 per month while AdEspresso and Hootsuite’s small team plans cost $59 and $99, respectively
- Schedule Facebook ads to give them a boost later to help with a more efficient ad management
- Gives statistics for each ad account to help with adjusting campaign performance.
SocialPilot User Reviews
A very easy and simple to use software. It helps you manage to post on all the social media platforms and get the analytics respectively. You can also connect the facebook ads account to it and manage the ads and posting from a single platform. I like the dashboard of SocialPilot and how it helps you group the social accounts of one client.
The price was extremely friendly compared to other options out there. It was able to accommodate the large number of accounts we manage and worked relatively reliably. Easy to set-up.
What can you NOT DO with SocialPilot? The ultimate friendly all in one marketing platform, with features such as: scheduling, ads, analytics, social calendar and planner, URL shortening, content creation and many many great value tools. I highly recommend any marketer out there to check it out and give it a chance to proof its massive powers
$49 per month
Another popular web-based Facebook ad manager tool, AdEspresso is a comprehensive platform for businesses. Created specifically for creating, testing, and optimizing ads for social media, AdEspresso provides advanced options like generating custom PDF reports of each Facebook ad campaign.
With this Facebook ad tool, you can create complex campaigns and do a lot of A/B testing to find the best-performing versions. Running tests to check the performance of multiple ad elements is also available; for example, if the user adds different variations of one ad in AdEspresso editor, the tool automatically creates split tests and runs them.
AdEspresso is a solid Facebook ad automation tool, but many users have reported some difficulties with campaign setup and testing. For example, AdEspresso doesn’t allow ads to be added to a campaign once it’s submitted to Facebook, which slows down the process of campaign creation. Also, some users have found AdEspresso’s customer support unhelpful in resolving critical issues.
- Professional campaign testing options to define best-performing variations
- Automatically-generated PDF reports with campaign performance
- Useful analytics that provides more data compared to Facebook Ad Manager
- Stats on worst-performing Facebook ads.
The best thing about AdEspresso is that it allows you to create ads from different platforms in one place. Monitoring the ads is easy since they are organized in a single panel and visually it is easy to see the performance of each ad.
- Numerous reports of unhelpful customer support in online communities
- The need to create audiences manually
- Free trial available only with credit card
- Costs more compared to other similar Facebook ads analytics tools, the overall cost rises as the user spends more.
Verified AdEspresso User
Its price is high, it does not offer high-level functions that justify its price. Outside of being able to organize each ad in a single panel, I can't get more out of AdEspresso.
$149 per month
Qwaya is another popular tool to manage and optimize advertising on Facebook, created specifically for professionals. This makes it more advanced compared to other tools on this list, including AdEspresso.
However, more features make Qwaya a bit difficult to use, especially if you’re new to the world of social media advertising.
One of the best features that we need to mention here is a superb audience A/B testing that generates an advanced report with a side-to-side comparison. You can filter the results using different criteria to see the most promising audience for your campaigns.
The process of creating ads is fairly simple, as all you need to do is click through a special menu. A nice collection of ad templates is available to help you with choosing a design. Qwaya also has a nice target audience search engine that finds relevant Facebook users based on the user’s input.
Choosing Qwaya, however, is a good option only for those with years of experience with social media advertising. The app’s advanced options could easily be confusing for beginner users and those lacking a lot of experience in the field. The focus on professionals also resulted in a very high cost of the tool, which makes it unreachable for small businesses.
- Powerful target audience search options available.
- Simple process of creating ads for social media
- A nice library of ad templates and customization options
- Custom ad campaign automation rules (end campaign prematurely if the ads aren’t converting enough)
- 14-day free trial available.
Verified Qwaya User
I like that you can create templates and use those for your campaigns. You can easily publish 600 campaigns an hour or 2. Doing it manually would take you ages.
- Created for professionals and agencies, so can be hard to use by beginners and small businesses
- Price is very high compared to other Facebook ads analytics tools (starting at $149 a month!)
- User reviews suggest customer support problems.
Verified Qwaya User
Horrible customer service, mediocre product. Terrible customer service, I got locked out of my account without a refund. When I was charged after cancelling, they informed me that I had not cancelled through their website (only via email) so nothing could be done so far as a refund.
$25 per month
Adroll is a Facebook advertising platform designed for medium and large-sized businesses using automation and CRM tools. You can target specific audiences on Facebook at different customer journey points and get detailed analytics on campaign performance.
This Facebook ad automation tool supports single-image, video, and carousel ads. For the single image ads, ADroll offers a single format, which is optimized for use in all possible placements on Facebook and Instagram. As for carousel and video-based advertising, Adroll supports all available formats and provides best practices to follow.
The availability of the free version makes Adroll an attractive option for businesses, but there’s a trick. The tool was created for agencies and large businesses, which means it could be fairly complex to use for inexperienced users. It’s not uncommon for many small businesses and beginners to start with free accounts and end up investing thousands of dollars on campaigns they weren’t sure how to manage.
- 90-day free trial available
- Broad ad targeting capabilities
- Easy creation and promotion of ads for both Facebook and Instagram
- Simple setup of retargeting campaigns.
Adroll has been improving its capabilities and offering its users more ways to fulfill their programmatic campaigns. Being retargeting, one of its best ways to make sure they are taking back their client's prospects to the things they are interested in the most.
- Free version is very limited (no custom audiences, performance benchmarks)
- Could be difficult to learn for beginners
- Could be more expensive to use in the long-term due to broader targeting options
- Upfront monthly payments that make it too expensive for small businesses.
Verified Adroll User
Reporting is incredibly slow, UI can be slow, laggy and unresponsive. Workflow generally is poor. Performance mostly is strong, but in deep dives, we’ve determined that AdRoll’s remarketing is a bit aggressive, and potentially overinflating conversions and revenue associated as it tries to take credit for conversions which in some cases it shouldn’t.
$99 per month
Hootsuite Ads is a known Facebook ad tool because it comes from Hootsuite, a popular social management platform.
Even if you have little experience with social media advertising, you’ll find designing your first ad with Hootsuite Ads a breeze. It has a built-in tool for defining such ad characteristics as shape, photo, and copy, so you’ll get a head start on that. A word of caution, though: although the builder makes ad creation easy, and fast it’s still recommended to write your own copy to make the ad more unique.
While being user-friendly in terms of ad creation and promotion, Hootsuite Ads can be a bit heavy on analytics. Moreover, the most affordable plan supports only 3 social media accounts, which could be not enough for a small business. That’s why I’d suggest using Hootsuite alternatives; SocialPilot, for example, offers 25 accounts.
- Feature rich tool, suitable for use by large advertising agencies
- Automatic scan of Facebook content to choose posts for promotion
- Automatic creation of ads
- Analytical reports on campaign performance
- Difficult to access ad comments due to a lack of Facebook comment stream
I have used HS for about two months, as part of my work at the company and I was rather happy with it. However, for my personal projects, I have stopped using it after finding the alternatives.I have used Hootsuite briefly for some of my clients and I was rather satisfied with the performance and the results. Hootsuite has a pretty easy to use and comfortable to perform the posting tasks.
- Plan for 3 operators costs $99 per month
- Hard to navigate, outdated design
- Expensive compared to other similar Facebook ad tools
- Highly detailed reports that might be too complex for beginners (Analytical reports cost extra money)
Its interface is not so appealing and you have to spent much time to figure out the features, it is necessary to get to it through learning videos, only then you can create effective plans
$37 per month
Driftstock is known for allowing to automate the process of creating ads. Overall, the process of ad creation and promotion is pretty straightforward, so you can save a lot of time by optimizing these processes.
Thanks to the built-in Drfitstock Create, you can design good-looking ads in minutes and boost them on Facebook. In addition to Create the Driftrock also has Flow, a tool for the automatic update for Facebook Custom audiences and targeting similar audiences; and OpenBook, designed to run a detailed analysis for Facebook ad campaigns and define ROI.
The user of Driftstock also can define a custom bidding strategy as well as how to pay for the ads.
What was really disappointing and helped to partially explain the abundance of positive reviews of Driftrock is a lack of free trial. Instead, the company invites you to book a session and use the demo version of the software.
To request a demo, one has to fill out a form (phone number and emails are mandatory) and wait for the review and approval by Driftrock. The demo is only a part of the session, with strategy advice being another one, according to the website of the company.
While demos are a legit lead generation technique, it seems a bit unreasonable to rely so much on it, considering that the majority of competitors offer free trials of their solutions.
- Easy content reuse to create new versions of campaigns
- Bidding strategy customization options
- Easy creation of Facebook ads with Driftstock Create
- Save targeted audience groups and apply all possible ad variations.
Verified Driftrock User
It’s super simple to set up. Within minutes I was able to start creating audiences. We have a tag based CRM, so we are able create a Google audience from anyone that completes a desired task on our site.
- No free trial
- Slightly expensive compared to other options; 2-month subscription to the most affordable plan costs $74 (the same features cost $50 with SocialPilot, for example)
- Outdated design, can be difficult to learn for both beginners & experienced users
- Gets expensive very fast, especially if you have a large client database
- Supports only the English-language interface.
It's an absolute mess of a product with horrible support. The constant failures aren’t worth the headaches even if the service was free! Constant failures of syncing (which is what the entire purpose is). And techs that then blame the issue on user-error when I haven’t even logged into the platform for weeks.
Free app pay for ads
This list would've been incomplete without this one. Facebook Ads Manager is a part of the general Facebook Business Manager and a native application that gives access to marketing tools needed to design focused-ads and reach specific audiences. In this standard tool, you can create, manage, and optimize your campaigns.
A beginner in Facebook advertising will appreciate that using the essential features is really easy. Thanks to a Facebook-like environment, frequent social media users should find the environment quite familiar. That’s why many people often start with the Manager and later make a transition to more functional Facebook marketing software.
I’ve mentioned that it’s possible to spend about $5 per day on Facebook advertising and get some results, and it’s true. You can set this budget, but also remember that you’ll only pay more than your competitor by a penny. If you, for example, set a bid to $3 and the highest bid from a competing advertiser is $1.50, you’ll have to pay only $1.51.
However, the main problem with the bidding system on such a popular tool like Facebook Ads Manager is constant cost fluctuations. One day, $1.51 could be enough, but it’s not the set-the-price-and-forget-about-it kinda deal. Just a couple of days later, the price can easily jump to $3.50, and there’ll be nothing you could do.
- Has a Facebook-like dashboard, which makes it easier for users to familiarize themselves with
- 100-percent free platform, pay for ads only
- Add employees, advertising agencies, and even partners to manage the account
- Provides an easy introduction to the basics of Facebook advertising
- Complete visibility of pages and ad accounts you manage
- Allows accessing all Facebook business apps in one place.
Facebook for business has infiltrated the small business marketplace in a really impressive way; the first thing most new companies do is set up a page for their endeavor that can then be used to promote and share their services, products, or events. Likes and follows generate a buzz, enable reviews to further the shop’s reputation, and in general carry the store further than word of mouth ever used to. That’s what I appreciate and like the best – the universal nature of the process.
- Can be difficult to set up for large businesses and agencies
- Impossible to remove ad accounts
- Thousands of reports of bugs, crashes, and other performance issues both with Ads Manager and the mobile app.
Either features don’t work at all or work in ways that don’t make sense.
Revealbot is a Facebook ad automation tool. With Revealbot advertisers can put the day-to-day management of ad campaigns on autopilot, freeing up time to do the things automation can't do, like creating the next great ad.
Revealbot's easy-to-use automated rule constructor offers advanced features to write complex automations not possible in native platforms, such as AND/OR operators, custom metrics, custom timeframes, metric comparison, and ranking comparison. Revealbot's plans start from $99 and it also comes with a 14-day free trial.
- Advanced automated rule constructor allows ad managers to automate the exact management processes they already do to automatically pause or restart ads, manage budget, manage bids, and more.
- Custom metrics allow ad managers to create their own formulas to make a custom metric, which can then be used in automated rules.
- This Facebook ad tool can run automated rules every 15-minutes instead of Facebook's native 30-minute frequency.
- Revealbot has a free Facebook ads course to learn Facebook ad automation using Revealbot to help new users get started (no sign up required).
Revealbot Automates Your Facebook Ads With Ease. Overall I have been really happy with this unique program. It is a must-have tool for scaling your Facebook ad campaigns, is easy to use, and well worth the money. Helps save time and money immediately.
- There is an initial learning curve to making advanced automated rules, especially if you've never used automated rules before.
- Revealbot cannot automatically create image or video ads.
- This Facebook ad tool cannot automatically bulk create new audiences based on performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
With more than 2 billion monthly active users, Facebook is one of the best ways to get your ads in front of a relevant audience. To make it happen, you need a simple-to-use Facebook ad tool with great targeting options.
Facebook ad tools are apps designed to create and launch a custom ad campaign on Facebook. It’s a common strategy to reach customers thanks to its ability to target Facebook users with specific characteristics and location.
In this article, we shared seven best Facebook ad tools to help you reach the right customers and sell more. SocialPilot gives the most value for money with its powerful targeting options and ad creation capabilities. Also, SocialPilot gives access to 5 accounts for just $1 as part of the campaign to support online businesses during the COVID-19 crisis.
In SocialPilot, go to the Ads menu and click on Manage Ads. The menu opens the list of options: goal, duration, budget, audience, and others. Configure the ad to run on Facebook, launch it, and monitor its performance in the Ads menu.
To optimize spending for Facebook ads, go to the SocialPilot dashboard. You can adjust the options such as the campaign duration and budget in the Ads menu and track its performance there.
You need a Facebook ad tool to create and publish ads. To run and manage Facebook ads effectively as a beginner, you need an affordable and easy-to-use tool. SocialPilot is one of the simplest Facebook ad tools which comes with a 14-day free trial without the credit card requirement.
Campaigning with a Facebook ad Tool: is it Worth it?
Most of the time, Facebook ads outperform other advertising strategies - including landing pages - because of their targeted nature and the sheer volume of potential customers.
Facebook is a goldmine of potential customers, so passing up such an opportunity wouldn’t be a good decision. Conducting campaigns with a reliable, affordable, and easy-to-use advertisement tool is a great way to reach those customers.
Choosing the best Facebook advertising tools to promote your products and services efficiently can be a bit daunting, though, so hopefully, this list gave you some ideas where to start.