Most businesses commit the classic mistake of running Facebook ads without any serious thought on budget allocation and KPI planning. Everything is mere guesswork with flaky results and burnt pockets.
But Facebook marketing isn’t as complicated as you think. Marketers are still using this social media platform to get qualified leads in mass. What’s the secret weapon, though?
Facebook ad automation tools are the answer to this. They can streamline every step of your marketing strategy and help produce awesome ROAS/ROI.
In case if you are wondering if Facebook ads management tools are worth investing in, you can have a look at these social media statistics.
To top it all off, Facebook can be a powerful selling tool, as 78 percent of American consumers have discovered products there. With all these compelling reasons for trying out Facebook ads, your only question should be: “How can I start?”
One promising way to begin is to use Facebook tools to improve campaign efficiency, enhance audience targeting based on performance analytics and insights, and save resources.
Here are the 8 best Facebook ad automation tools to make your next ad campaign a roaring success. Let’s go!
How we analyze & select these Facebook Ad Tools:
Through rigorous research and practical assessment, we have developed this list of elite Facebook ad tools. The factors we considered for evaluation included the tool’s user interface, G2 ratings and reviews, pricing, and scalability. We also assessed the capabilities of these tools in automation, content generation, visualization, analytics, and collaboration. We have invested resources in compiling this shortlist of Facebook ad tools to ensure that marketers are empowered with crucial knowledge to select the optimal tools and amplify their businesses.
Another popular web-based Facebook ad manager tool, AdEspresso, is a comprehensive platform for businesses. Created specifically for creating, testing, and optimizing ads for social media, AdEspresso provides advanced options like generating custom PDF reports of each Facebook ad campaign.
With this Facebook ad tool, you can create complex campaigns and do a lot of A/B testing to find the best-performing versions. Running tests to check the performance of multiple ad elements is also available. For example, if the user adds different variations of one ad in the AdEspresso editor, the tool automatically creates split tests and runs them.
AdEspresso is a solid Facebook ad automation tool, but many users have reported some difficulties with campaign setup and testing. AdEspresso doesn’t allow ads to be added to a campaign once it’s submitted to Facebook, which slows down the process of campaign creation. Also, some users have found AdEspresso’s customer support unhelpful in resolving critical issues.
- Professional campaign testing options to define best-performing variations
- Auto-generated PDF reports with campaign performance
- Useful analytics that provides more data compared to Facebook Ad Manager
- Stats on worst-performing Facebook ads
The best thing about AdEspresso is that it allows you to create ads from different platforms in one place. Monitoring the ads is easy since they are organized in a single panel, and visually it is easy to see the performance of each ad.
- Numerous reports of unhelpful customer support in online communities
- Need to create audiences manually
- Free trial available only with credit card
- Compared to other similar Facebook ads analytics tools, the overall cost rises as the user spends more
Verified AdEspresso User
Its price is high; it does not offer high-level functions that justify its price. Outside of being able to organize each ad in a single panel, I can’t get more out of AdEspresso.
Madgicx is an all-in-one Facebook marketing automation solution, designed for ad agencies, eCommerce store owners, and social media marketers. This ad optimization tool empowers advertisers and businesses by automating shifting of ad budgets, and duplicating ad sets.
You can save ad costs, resources, and process running of ads (testing and auto-scaling) even better with the power of AI and machine learning. A perfect Ad tool for those budding ad managers.
One of the best things worth mentioning is its pre-packaged automation tactics that can help you further optimize your Facebook ad campaigns. Based on expert ad-buying knowledge, these rules can help you amp up your ROAS, drive more conversions, and generate more revenue.
While running Ads, its crucial to monitor your key metrics regularly to derive insights and make data-driven decisions. Madgicx offers automatic ad performance reports directly in your email inbox.
Track clicks, purchases, conversions, and other critical KPIs and seamlessly share them with your team members or supervisors.
- Customizable dashboard for in-depth performance analysis
- Cut down time on your performance analysis, optimization, and plan your future campaigns
- A great companion to combat iOS 14 and further releases
- You can track details of your ROAS and insights into your spends
- User-friendly interface
Great platform to combat iOS14 and many many other useful tools to navigate the Facebook ecosystem. It is vital in today’s market conditions.
Their support is the best I have experienced – any little question they will respond within a few minutes with the answer – this is essential on these large complex platforms, and they seem to be the only ones doing such a good job!
- Very expensive
- Customer support can sometimes be slow to respond
- There is a learning curve to this tool
Verified Qwaya User
Customer service is quick, but not always qualified to answer questions and so it often takes a day to get an answer. Also got stuck after onboarding and could not get help to move past it and so have to wait for 24hrs (I think, but not sure yet as I will have to check tomorrow) to get more help that I needed.
Adroll is a Facebook ad management software designed for medium and large-sized businesses using automation and CRM tools. You can target specific audiences on Facebook at different customer journey points and get detailed analytics on campaign performance.
This Facebook ad automation tool supports single-image, video, and carousel ads. AdRoll offers a single format for the single image ads, which is optimized for use in all possible placements on Facebook and Instagram. As for carousel and video-based advertising, Adroll supports all available formats and provides best practices to follow.
The availability of the free version makes AdRoll an attractive option for businesses, but there’s a catch. The tool was created for agencies and large businesses, which means this Facebook Ad software could be fairly complex to use for inexperienced users. It’s common for many small businesses and beginners to start with free accounts and end up investing thousands of dollars on campaigns they weren’t sure how to manage.
- 90-day free trial is available
- Broad ad targeting capabilities
- Easy creation and promotion of ads for both Facebook and Instagram
- Simple setup of retargeting campaigns
AdRoll has been improving its capabilities and offering its users more ways to fulfill programmatic campaigns. Being retargeting, one of its best ways to make sure they are taking back their client’s prospects to the things they are interested in the most.
- Free version is very limited (no custom audiences, performance benchmarks)
- Could be difficult to learn for beginners
- Could be more expensive to use in the long term due to broader targeting options
- Upfront monthly payments that make it too expensive for small businesses
Verified AdRoll User
Reporting is incredibly slow; UI can be slow, laggy, and unresponsive. Workflow generally is poor. Performance mostly is strong, but in deep dives, we’ve determined that AdRoll’s remarketing is a bit aggressive and potentially overinflating conversions and revenue associated as it tries to take credit for conversions which in some cases it shouldn’t.
Professionals, Small teams, Small-medium businesses, and Enterprises.
Hootsuite is a multipurpose social media marketing solution that also has the capability to run Facebook ads. It very effectively centralizes all the activities related to social media management for a business into one dashboard. The tool caters to a wide range of users, from solo entrepreneurs, small businesses, and large organizations to marketing agencies with multiple clients.
Even if you don’t know how to create a Facebook ad, Hootsuite has an inbuilt framework to help you along. Once the ad is created you can schedule it to be published and even monitor the ad performance from the dashboard.
Due to such versatile features, this is one of the top social media tools for industries like education, finance, government agencies, and healthcare organizations worldwide.
Hootsuite is armed with functionalities for monitoring engagement on multiple other social media platforms at a time. However, the complex look and feature-crammed UI make the tool difficult to master for newbies, and hence Hootsuite alternatives are more appealing.
Hootsuite offers five pricing tiers after a 30-day trial, ranging from $99/month to $249/month, catering to different social account and user needs.
- Scheduling and Publishing: Craft and schedule multiple posts at your chosen times.
- Engage Audience: Monitor follower conversations and automate engagement with AI chatbots to enhance customer communication.
- Social Listening: Stay updated on online trends and monitor brand mentions, keywords, and hashtags to gain valuable insights.
- Social Media Ads: Manage Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn ad campaigns within Hootsuite’s dashboard.
- Analytics: Access comprehensive analytics from connected profiles on a centralized dashboard.
- Team Collaboration: Enhance teamwork by assigning clear roles for efficient workflow and project management.
- Employee Advocacy: Expand your brand’s reach by encouraging employees to share company posts on their personal social profiles.
- AI Writer: Speed up content creation with AI-powered captions for social media posts.
We went through a hundred user reviews for Hootsuite, gathered from trusted review platforms like G2 and Capterra. After carefully analyzing each of them in respect to all the features of the tool, we have gathered these insights.
- A majority of users find Hootsuite’s content publishing capabilities on multiple platforms quite useful.
- Two out of every three users find the post-presentation feature very useful which gives them the preview of the posts they create with Hootsuite before publishing it.
- Hootsuite’s overall content management features received a thumbs up from 88.24% due to its ease of use.
- There are inbox tools in Hootsuite that let users automate the answers to common queries. This helped 10.10% of users to scale their responses faster.
- There are inbox tools in Hootsuite that let users automate the answers to common queries. This helped 10.10% of users to scale their responses faster.
- The lack of content tagging and categorization leaves a major dent in the content management system of Hootsuite, which led to the majority of its users facing difficulties.
- 41.56% people faced difficulties in using the tool due to the complex scheduling process involved.
- Around 8.10% have raised concerns over the lack of content collaboration functions, which limited their ability to coordinate with their teams to create and manage their posts with Hootsuite.
- 7.8% of users faced problems when they tried to plug in external data sources or integrations into Hootsuite.
- Almost one-third of the reviews have opined that Hootsuite could improve on their ability to process user feedback.
Driftstock is a Facebook ad tool for automating the process of creating ads. Overall, the process of ad creation and promotion is pretty straightforward, so you save a lot of time by optimizing these processes.
Thanks to the built-in Drfitstock Create, you can design good-looking ads in minutes and boost them on Facebook. In addition to Create, Driftrock also has Flow, a tool for the automatic update for Facebook Custom audiences and targeting similar audiences; and OpenBook, designed to run a detailed analysis for Facebook ad campaigns and define ROI.
The user of Driftstock also can have a custom bidding strategy and preferred payment methodology for ads.
What was really disappointing is the lack of free trial. Instead, the company invites you to book a session and use the demo version of the software.
To request a demo on this Facebook Ad software, one has to fill out a form (phone number and emails are mandatory) and wait for the review and approval by Driftrock. The demo is only a part of the session with strategy advice.
While demos are a legit lead generation technique, it seems a bit unreasonable to rely so much on it, considering that the majority of competitors offer free trials of their solutions.
- Easy content reuse to create new versions of campaigns
- Bidding strategy customization options
- Easy creation of Facebook ads with Driftstock Create
- Save targeted audience groups and apply all possible ad variations
Verified Driftrock User
It’s super simple to set up. Within minutes I was able to start creating audiences. We have a tag-based CRM, so we are able to create a Google audience from anyone that completes the desired task on our site.
- No free trial
- Slightly expensive compared to other options; a 1-month subscription to the most affordable plan costs $249 (the same features cost $50 with SocialPilot)
- Outdated design, can be difficult to learn for both beginners & experienced users
- Gets expensive very fast, especially if you have a large client database
- Supports only the English-language interface
It’s an absolute mess of a product with horrible support. The constant failures aren’t worth the headaches even if the service was free! Constant failures of syncing (which is what the entire purpose is). And techs that then blame the issue on user error when I haven’t even logged into the platform for weeks.
This list would’ve been incomplete without this one. Facebook Ads Manager is a part of the general Facebook Business Manager and a native application that gives access to marketing tools for focused ads to reach specific audiences. In this standard tool, you can create, manage, and optimize your campaigns.
A beginner in Facebook advertising will appreciate that using the essential features is really easy. Thanks to a Facebook-like environment, frequent social media users should find the environment quite familiar. That’s why many people often start with the Manager and later make a transition to more functional Facebook marketing software. Alternatively, some people may use third-party solutions to improve ads data management and reporting, e.g., by exporting Facebook ads data to BigQuery, there’s an option to back up records and evaluate performance in-depth, especially if you handle many campaigns at the same time.
It’s even possible to spend about $5 per day on Facebook advertising and get some results. You can set this budget, but also remember that you’ll only pay more than your competitor by a penny. Let’s say you set a bid to $3, and the highest bid from a competing advertiser is $1.50; you’ll have to pay only $1.51.
However, the main problem with the bidding system on such a popular tool like Facebook Ads Manager is constant cost fluctuations. One day, $1.51 could be enough, but it’s not the set-the-price-and-forget-about-it kind of deal. Just a couple of days later, the price can easily jump to $3.50, and there’ll be nothing you could do.
- Facebook-like dashboard for familiarity
- 100-percent free platform, pay for ads only
- Add employees, advertising agencies, and even partners to manage the account
- Provides an easy introduction to the basics of Facebook advertising
- Complete visibility of pages and ad accounts you manage
- Allows accessing all Facebook business apps in one place
Facebook for business has infiltrated the small business marketplace in a really impressive way; the first thing most new companies do is set up a page for their endeavor that can then be used to promote and share their services, products, or events. Likes and follows generate a buzz, enable reviews to further the shop’s reputation, and in general carry the store further than word of mouth ever used to. That’s what I appreciate and like the best – the universal nature of the process.
- Difficult to set up for large businesses and agencies
- Impossible to remove ad accounts
- Thousands of reports of bugs, crashes, and other performance issues both with Ads Manager and the mobile app
Features either don’t work at all or work in ways that don’t make sense.
Revealbot is a Facebook ad automation tool. With Revealbot, advertisers can put the day-to-day management of ad campaigns on autopilot, freeing up time to do the things automation can’t do, like creating the next great ad.
Revealbot’s easy-to-use automated rule constructor offers advanced features to write complex automation not possible in native platforms, such as AND/OR operators, custom metrics, custom timeframes, metric comparison, and ranking comparison. Revealbot’s plans start at $99, and it also comes with a 14-day free trial.
- Advanced automated rule constructors allow ad managers to automate the exact management processes they already do to automatically pause or restart ads, manage budgets, bids, and more.
- Custom metrics allow ad managers to create their own formulas to make a custom metric, which can then be used in automated rules.
- This Facebook ad tool can run automated rules every 15 minutes instead of Facebook’s native 30-minute frequency.
- Revealbot has a free Facebook ads course to learn Facebook ad automation using Revealbot to help new users get started (no sign-up required).
Revealbot automates your Facebook Ads with ease. Overall I have been really happy with this unique program. It is a must-have tool for scaling your Facebook ad campaigns, is easy to use, and well worth the money. Helps save time and money immediately.
- There is an initial learning curve to making advanced automated rules, especially if you’ve never used automated rules before.
- Revealbot cannot automatically create an image or video ad.
- This Facebook ad tool cannot automatically bulk-create new audiences based on performance.
We didn’t like the fact that you couldn’t choose the right times to enter the ad auctions (at a certain cost) and pull out at optimal times per day. Overall, their customer service was poor and wasn’t helpful when we tried to speak to them regarding billing issues.
TapClicks is a phenomenal Facebook ad automation tool that saves you hours spent on reporting hassles. Create your customizable dashboards in seconds and get started with inbuilt templates. You can also automate your ad optimizations with TapClicks. Customize your ad specifics as per its real-time performance.
Get analytics from Google Adwords combined with Facebook insights for a comprehensive idea about your online presence. Numbers bore you? No worries. Access charts for visual depiction when auditing Facebook campaign data.
- Easy to pull out account details and ad campaign metrics with Google sheet integrations
- Responsive and helpful customer service
We love how TapClicks allows a report on a campaign, adset, or ad and allows so many different ways to filter and view information. By using date ranges, keywords, and adset titles, we can show everything we need to about our clients’ paid spend on social media and beyond.
- The ad tool is quite pricey for the features it offers.
- This Facebook ad tool has a steep learning curve.
The platform is fairly new, so new features are being added, and bugs pop up. Maybe your rules will run, and maybe they won’t. Maybe they’ll switch the authorization token to a different user. Maybe your reports won’t run as scheduled.
Are Facebook Ads worth it?
Facebook has one of the largest user bases. Facebook ads outperform traditional advertising strategies because of their targeted nature and the sheer volume of potential customers.
But managing ads takes time and effort. Sometimes you end up spending a significant amount on disheartening output. This is why investing in Facebook ad tools is crucial. Conducting campaigns with a reliable, affordable, and easy-to-use advertisement tool is necessary to entice customers who have hundreds of options to choose from. Along with ads, it is also important to streamline your organic activities. This calls for a tool like SocialPilot, which is capable of managing all integral marketing ventures. Don’t wait anymore now. Start your free trial to get one step closer to being a pro-marketer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best Facebook tools for brands and marketers?
The best Facebook tools for brands and marketers to promote ads are:
- Hootsuite Ads
- Facebook Ads Manager
Is it worth it to advertise on Facebook?
With more than 2.5 billion monthly active users, Facebook is one of the best ways to get your ads in front of a relevant audience. To make it happen, you need a simple-to-use Facebook ad tool with great targeting options.
What are Facebook ad tools?
Facebook ad tools are apps designed to create and launch a custom ad campaign on Facebook. It’s a common strategy to reach customers, thanks to its ability to target Facebook users with specific characteristics and locations.
What are the best Facebook ad tools?
In this article, we shared 8 best Facebook ad tools to help you reach the right customers and sell more.
How do you automate an ad on Facebook?
In your Facebook Page, click -> Promote -> Get started with Automated Ads-> Get started. The menu opens the list of options: goal, duration, budget, audience, and others. Answer all the question s and select a plan for your ad. Then click on Promote Now.
How to create Facebook ads for small businesses?
You need a Facebook ad tool to create and publish ads. To run and manage Facebook ads effectively as a beginner, you need an affordable and easy-to-use tool. SocialPilot is one of the simplest Facebook ad tools which comes with a 14-day free trial without the credit card requirement.
About the Author