Since Twitter is a platform for short-form content, users often just concentrate just on the frequency of posts. But in the dynamic environment of the platform, you need to keep a close watch on the results of your tweets.
Using Twitter analytics tools is the perfect way to get deeper insights into how far and wide your reach is and the results your posts are yielding. These tools help you not only watch over your own profile but also the activity of your competitors.
Almost all paid or free Twitter analytics tools can provide you with the basic data regarding your business’s social development. However, it’s advisable to go for a combination for the best result.
And to spare you much head-scratching, we have listed the most effective Twitter Analysis tools to help you choose the perfect combination.
How we analyze & select these Twitter Analytics Tools:
This list of exceptional Twitter analytics tools has been formulated through in-depth research and experiential analysis. We have considered various aspects of the tool, such as user engagement, G2 ratings and reviews, price points, and scalability. The list ranking also reflects the evaluation of these tools’ competencies in automation, content production, visualization, analytics, and collaborative features. Our goal in curating this list is to enable marketers to choose tools that will help scale their business.
When you think about Twitter analytics tools, think about the bird in your hand than the one in the bush. Twitter analytics is completely free and accessible to all tool, which comes along with Twitter. You can access it from your own Twitter profile.
Here you will get all the basic analytical data of your own Twitter activity and the engagement you got from the Twitter audience. You can compare your current numbers for the last 28 days to that for the previous period. You can also see distinctly which ones are your top-performing tweets.
- The ability to track top-performing posts, deciphering what works for the followers
- Easily accessible through the app or the web-browser.
Their platform is clean and intuitive, with the ability to see various data points across your selected period, including follower growth, engagement, and other useful metrics.
- The timeframe for the analytical data is very short and makes it harder to formulate trends and assumptions.
Twitter Analytics are somewhat basic and not as robust as they could be when compared to third-party tools.
Emplifi is the new name for Socialbakers, which is the go-to Twitter analytics tool for modern marketers. The platform offers data insights, large and global teams can deliver a positive customer experience with the help of necessary analysis and relevant information.
Using the unified marketing platform, teams can also collaborate productively, communicate seamlessly across departments, and make smarter decisions to engage and grow their customer base.
- Emplifi’s interface is easy-to-use compared to other Twitter reporting tools.
- It also helps with the customer sentiment analysis for the brand by monitoring their activities.
I have used many paid and free Twitter analysis tools, and Socialbakers is my favorite and the easiest, convenient, and reliable one for Twitter analytics.
- It is visually less appealing as compared to other Twitter analytics tools.
- Prices are higher, making it hard for small businesses and agencies to invest in this tool.
Very inflexible: You can’t change who you’re monitoring more than twice in a month, which makes it incredibly expensive if you want to follow a few competitors across a few platforms.
Rival IQ is a Twitter analysis tool that offers social media benchmarking and competitive audits. The app pulls in social posts, hashtags, popular topics, best times to post, and more competitors across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
The app’s Twitter features focus specifically on hashtag analysis, audience growth tracking, mention tracking, and tons of tweet-type insights for improving Twitter engagement.
- It gives a better understanding of a company’s competitive social landscape.
- They are constantly rolling out new features, updates, and advanced reporting and analytics.
I can easily and quickly see how my org stacks up to competitors. Also, I can set up custom reports and custom alerts that notify me of what my competition is doing in real-time. Additionally, the interface is easy to use.
- It provides only engagement analytics and not any other metrics like the reach or impressions of your tweets.
- The analytics dashboard and its custom reporting aren’t very satisfactory.
- Rival IQ is on the expensive side.
Their original custom reports section was not very robust. My only feedback would be for continued work on custom reporting and dashboards.
Built for marketers and agencies, Keyhole is a hashtag tracker tool for Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Keyhole offers automated social media analytics with real-time and historical social media data.
This Twitter analytics tool’s dashboard shows real-time analytics of the number of people using a set of hashtags, along with the total number of retweets, likes, and impressions.
- Keyhole is easy to set up and extremely user-friendly.
- This Twitter content analysis tool offers account tracking, campaign tracking, influencer management, sentiment analysis, and more.
- Keyhole offers a client-ready PDF file to be exported for campaigns.
I like how easy it is to use Keyhole. I also really like how easy it is to understand the hashtag engagement reports. It really made that part of the reporting process really seamless.
- To get the most out of Keyhole and streamline the information it pulls, you may need to refine your hashtags if they’re a broader query.
- It can be overwhelming to figure out which plan is the best fit for you if you’re unsure about the volume of posts you will need to track.
- Some information, such as follower demographics, can be limited by the API of different social platforms.
Verified Keyhole User
We work with small to medium-sized businesses, and the cost to benefit ratio makes it difficult to justify using Keyhole for our clients on an ongoing basis.
Professionals, Small teams, Small-medium businesses, and Enterprises.
Hootsuite, a multifaceted social media marketing solution, has been adopted by a diverse array of users across industries. This powerful software excels in centralizing all aspects of social media management within a singular dashboard, streamlining workflows, and cutting out the need for different tools in the midst.
Functioning as a virtual social media team in a box, Hootsuite empowers marketers to monitor and manage Twitter analytics for various Twitter accounts. Other than that you can also schedule tweets, monitor online trends, keywords, hashtags and brand mentions on multiple so cial channels.
With a worldwide user base spanning industries like education, finance, government, and healthcare, Hootsuite has proven invaluable in optimizing social media strategies on a global scale.
Hootsuite offers five pricing tiers after a 30-day trial, ranging from $99/month to $249/month, catering to different social account and user needs.
- Analytics Hub: Access comprehensive analytics data from multiple profiles, displayed conveniently in a centralized dashboard.
- Tweet Scheduling: Effortlessly plan and schedule multiple posts to publish at your preferred times.
- Engage: Use Hootsuite’s integrated social inbox to monitor, interact, and automate responses with AI chatbots, boosting customer engagement.
- Social Listening: Stay updated on trends and monitor brand mentions, keywords, and hashtags for valuable insights into public sentiment.
- Collaboration: Foster teamwork by defining roles for your team and clients, ensuring smooth workflow within Hootsuite.
- AI-Powered Writing: Simplify social media caption creation with our AI writing tool, enhancing content generation efficiency.
We went through a hundred user reviews for Hootsuite, gathered from trusted review platforms like G2 and Capterra. After carefully analyzing each of them in respect to all the features of the tool, we have gathered these insights.
- The tool makes KPI monitoring of social profiles for users very easy.
- Hootsuite analytics also allows competitor analysis, which proved to be invaluable for 18.20% of users to get insights about their position in the market.
- With 100% data accuracy, users find Hootsuite analytics very dependable to track their social media results.
- 9.10% of users with larger teams and clients find the features of exporting and sharing reports is very helpful as they can share these reports from Hootsuite and keep everyone in the loop.
- According to 50% of users, an integrated dashboard for monitoring all the key metrics simplifies their tasks and saves a lot of their time.
- A frequently repeated complaint from users was that Hootsuite was only able to retrieve limited historical data, which restricted them from doing long-term analysis.
- 7.80% of users faced problems when they tried to plug in external data sources or integrations into Hootsuite.
- Although available, 45.5% of users found customization options in the reports of Hootsuite to be limited.
- Despite giving accurate data most of the time, nearly two-thirds of all the users found the analytics presentation to be hard to decipher.
- Nearly 15.20% of people were unsatisfied with Hootsuite’s inability to export detailed reports with minutely granular data.
Twitonomy is a detailed Twitter analytics tool typically designed for marketers looking forward to diving deeper into their analytics reports.
Twitonomy lets you monitor any keyword in a specific duration. Post analysis, you can download tweets into excel and PDF formats.
- It lets you optimize your content and engagement strategies on Twitter.
- It tracks deep data of one’s profile – followers, following and profile’s growth, etc.
Twitonomy is simply the best Twitter analytics tool on the web. The platform allows you to analyze SO many different statistics for your Twitter account.
- Sometimes this Twitter analytics tool gives you wrong data, taking old keywords and campaigns into consideration.
- Due to Twitonomy providing wrong data, the reports extracted are inaccurate and unreliable.
Dannie Lynn F.
The major place I saw a lack of depth was in the customization of reports.
Sendible offers a variety of tools and features for managing your social media accounts. Some of the key features that Sendible offers include advanced tweets scheduling, which can help you plan your content and save time.
Sendible also helps you to monitor and respond to mentions and hashtags related to your brand and respond to them directly from the platform. It also provides detailed analytics and reporting features that allow you to track the performance of your tweets and monitor key metrics such as engagement, reach, and follower growth.
Sendible has a content curation feature that allows you to find and share relevant content with your audience, making it easier to keep your social account active and engaging.
- Sendible is a user-friendly tool that doesn’t require much time to learn
- It also has a decent customer service
The software is very user-friendly and easy to teach others. We manage over 100 clients, and it’s a wonderful tool to be organized and efficient. The type of customer service we receive when we run into issues has been excellent as well.
- Sendible lacks offering location tagging and thread scheduling for Twitter
- Users have reported issue with post-scheduling with Sendible.
Sometimes there are issues with scheduling for Sendible. You cannot post more than one picture, and they are very specific about the sizes.
Tweet Binder is one of the least known Twitter analytics tools but is quite powerful. It gives you access to Twitter historical data and real-time hashtag monitoring.
This Twitter measurement tool also comes with a Twitter follower tracking tool that allows you to measure how the Twitter profile has developed over time and the evolution of its main KPIs.
- This Twitter analytics tool offers in-depth data that users often appreciate.
- Tweet Binder provides praise-worthy customer support.
I love the depth of data provided by TweetBinder and how it allows me to get insights into the performance and quality of content associated with campaign hashtags. The customer service is excellent, and they answer all my questions fully and timely.
- Tweet Binder comes with a learning curve. Its user interface comes with a lot of dashboards which can get confusing.
- Not much preferable in analyzing past data. It is troublesome to analyze past data.
The software glitches most times when faced with large datasets.
GroupTweet is a Twitter analytics tool that helps you analyze Twitter activity and schedule tweets to strengthen your overall performance on Twitter. Its rich feature set is what differentiates it from the rest. You can also integrate it with other social media planning tools.
So, if you are already using different tools, you can reap benefits from GroupTweet from that platform. GroupTweet also lets you communicate in private on Twitter groups, providing account access without any password sharing.
- The tool is incredibly responsive and fast.
- UI is easy to navigate, even for beginners.
I like this Twitter measurement tool because I can create closed groups of users on Twitter. An option that does not offer Twitter directly but thanks to GroupTweet is possible. I use this software especially to teach and be able to publish information for all members.
- It doesn’t support multiple social media platforms.
- There have been instances of users getting confused while adding contributors.
There are times where the auto-update on the timeline located on the dashboard would turn itself off, which would be a little confusing for some of our staff, causing duplicate posts and checking the page profile to make sure the info was correct.
Buffer is a social media management platform that offers a variety of tools and features for social account management. Some of the key features of Buffer include advanced post scheduling, which can help you plan your content and save time.
It also enables you to monitor social mentions and hashtags related to your brand and respond to them directly from the platform. You can also use it for its analytics and reporting features that allow you to track the performance of your tweets and monitor key metrics such as engagement, reach, and follower growth.
You can also use Buffer for content curation, as it allows you to find and share relevant content with your audience, making it easier to keep your social account active and engaging.
- Unlike other popular apps, Buffer also has a free version that offers some basic functionalities.
- It is a decent tool for Twitter post-scheduling.
Buffer allows me to schedule posts in advance, saving time and effort spent on posting manually every time.
- Buffer doesn’t allow location tagging for Twitter and also lacks advanced features like competitor tracking.
- The mobile app isn’t as good as the website version, which may keep you from using it on the go.
The mobile app isn’t as seamless as the web version. I guess this isn’t an issue for many as most people prefer to work pon their computers. I do a lot of repetitive tasks on the move so it kind of is a big deal for me.
Fedica is yet another fantastic Twitter analytics tool that allows you to keep track of all of your Twitter activities from a single dashboard. It assesses all engagement indicators and schedules posts at the ideal times.
This Twitter monitoring tool allows you to learn more about your followers, their thoughts, and how they interact to make more informed marketing decisions. Users can choose from four different Fedica plans: Publish, Grow, Research and Enterprise. It also offers a no-cost plan.
- It supports multiple aspects of Twitter marketing, like publishing and connecting with the audience.
- The tool is great to keep track of campaigns.
- Content curation is also a useful feature of Tweepsmap.
My favorite feature of Fedica is the pipeline tweet scheduler tool. Using this tool, you can put your tweets on autopilot, knowing they will deploy at the best time based on where your audience is in the world.
- The tool is overwhelming at times, and users might not have a pleasant experience.
It is not the most intuitive software and is not necessarily easy to use. There are elements that would be improved by a bit of a UI/UX with some customers who are not as technical — I’d be happy to do this type of focus group with the team b/c I believe in the platform.
Ready to Ace Your Twitter Marketing?
Despite tweeting actively, marketers don’t seem to put their heads around it. That’s why gaining insights becomes so crucial. But with the variety of Twitter analytics tools available in the market, the confusion only intensifies.
However, we recommend a tool that lets you gauge analytics on multiple platforms, not just Twitter. That’s why we put our bets on SocialPilot, as it supports 8+ social media platforms. Start your 14-day free trial to squash your social media goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Twitter analytics?
Twitter Analytics shows you how your audience is responding to your content with several engagement metrics. Brands can use this information to optimize their future Twitter campaigns for better results.
What are the best Twitter analytics tools for small businesses?
The best and affordable Twitter analytics tools for small businesses and agencies are:
Can I download Twitter analytics reports for my clients?
Using Twitter's in-built analytics feature for businesses or creators, you can download Analytics reports for upto 28 days. Select any custom date range and export the data in a CSV file. This Twitter analytics report will consist of all engagement metrics, tweet frequency, and performance to give you a better understanding.
How do I get analytics on Twitter?
You can get access to Twitter analytics in two ways. The first is to access it directly from the Twitter analytics website and log in with your official Twitter account. The second way is to rely on third-party analytics tools such as SocialPilot. The latter is preferable when handling multiple accounts.
How often should I tweet?
Since tweets have a half-life of just 24 minutes, you should tweet multiple times every day. Though the daily limit is 2400 tweets, the ideal number to get maximum engagement is 5-12 tweets a day.
Is Twitter analytics free?
Yes, Twitter analytics is free, but it is pretty limited. It is advisable to use a combination of paid and free Twitter analytics tools if you want a real-time status of your profile.
About the Author