Are you having a tough time using Twitter to widen your customer base?
Sure, Twitter is a complicated platform for businesses. You can’t just casually tweet and expect engagement out of the blue. It takes much more than that.
A well-thought-out Twitter strategy requires you to go back and forth to know what’s working for your business and what’s not. And for this, a marketer should rely on a Twitter tool to develop a rollicking strategy.
Twitter analytics tools have answers to every head-scratching question: be it the number of likes, best timings to post, or your top-performing tweet. These tools help you in creating a content strategy that actually resonates with your audience.
Almost all paid or free Twitter analytics tools can provide you with the basic data regarding your business’s social development. But it’s advisable to go for a combination. Here’s a list of effective Twitter Analytics tools to help you choose the best one out of the lot.
Best Twitter Analytics Tools for Businesses
- SocialPilot to analyze your complete Twitter profile from tracking retweets, replies, and favorite tweets to knowing your top influencers and tweets that mention your brand
- Socialbakers to track Twitter followers, analyze engagement, and manage their Twitter account effectively
- RivalIQ to analyze every tweet, reply, retweet with powerful benchmarking metrics
- Keyhole for tracking hashtags, keywords, and accounts on Twitter with real-time data, easy-to-use dashboard, and faster reports
- Klear to focus on Twitter influencers and audience demographics
- Twitonomy for simple yet powerful insights to optimize Twitter activities
- Followerwonk to search for Twitter bios, compare Twitter accounts and target new influencers
- TweetBinder for real-time hashtag and followers monitoring
- GroupTweet for multiple tweeting capabilities from one handle
1. Twitter Analytics Tool – SocialPilot
Price: $50 for 3 users
SocialPilot is one of the best Twitter analytics tools that powers up your Twitter marketing. It categorizes tweets in meaningful segments such as most popular tweets, most favorite tweets, tweets that are most retweeted, etc. SocialPilot helps you increase engagement on your profile with its thorough analysis on the Twitter activity dashboard.
The best part about using SocialPilot as your Twitter analytics tool is that you can easily ‘reshare’ your most performing tweets right from the tool itself. You can also generate Twitter analytics reports and share them with your clients and team members.
This Twitter tool is uncomplicated to use and provides more than just Twitter analytics features. SocialPilot helps you solve major areas of social media marketing such as.
- Social media analytics for Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and GMB
- A visual social media calendar to give you a quick view of your postings
- Advanced social media scheduling and publishing for all major social media platforms, including GMB, TikTok, and Tumblr
- An in-built content curation platform to schedule relevant content from third-party websites
- Facebook ads and a social inbox for Facebook to give more power to your Facebook marketing
Why opt for SocialPilot as your Twitter Analytics Tool?
- You can check tweet performance in terms of likes, retweets, engagements, etc.
- Check the frequency of your tweets divided into days and hours to give you a clear idea of your Tweeting consistency.
- Know how the audience engages with your content to understand your busiest days and quiet periods.
- SocialPilot, as a Twitter insights tool, counts and lists the times you have been mentioned and by whom for better engagement prospects.
- It also helps you find the most trending hashtags, which you can use in your regular tweets to accelerate more engagement.
- SocialPilot also generates a quick Twitter analytics report of your Twitter activities, giving you access to performance charts for a maximum of up to 3 months. You can also email the Twitter report in a PDF format to your clients/managers right from SocialPilot.
What do SocialPilot users say?
A very easy and simple to use software. It helps you manage to post on all the social media platforms and get the analytics respectively. I like the dashboard of SocialPilot and how it helps you group the social accounts of one client.
What can you NOT DO with SocialPilot?The ultimate friendly all-in-one marketing platform, with features such as scheduling, adding up to 50 different social accounts, analytics, social calendar and planner, URL shortening, content creation, and many great value tools. I highly recommend any marketer out there to check it out and give it a chance to prove its massive powers.
SocialPilot has a clean and easy-to-use interface. Before joining, I compared prices with other competitors, and I was shocked to see that SocialPilot offers insanely low rates. So the pricing here is another key thing I really love. I’ve been using its paid subscription for over 2 years, and I’m not stopping any time soon.
2. Twitter Analytics Tool – SocialBakers
Price: $200/month for 10 profiles
Socialbakers suite is the go-to Twitter analytics tool for modern marketers. Backed by data insights, large and global teams can deliver a positive customer experience with the help of necessary analysis and relevant information.
Using the unified marketing platform, teams can also collaborate productively, communicate seamlessly across departments, and make smarter decisions to engage and grow their customer base.
- Socialbaker’s interface is easy-to-use compared to other Twitter reporting tools.
- It also helps with the customer sentiment analysis for the brand by monitoring their activities.
I have used many tools, and Socialbakers is my favorite and the easiest, convenient, and reliable one for Twitter analytics.
- It is visually less appealing as compared to other Twitter analytics tools.
- Prices are higher, making it hard for small businesses and agencies to invest in this tool.
Very inflexible: You can’t change who you’re monitoring more than twice in a month, which makes it incredibly expensive if you want to follow a few competitors across a few platforms.
3. Twitter Analytics Tool – RivalIQ
Price: $199/month to track 5 companies
Rival IQ is a Twitter analysis tool that offers social media benchmarking and competitive audits. The app pulls in social posts, hashtags, popular topics, best times to post, and more competitors across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. The app’s Twitter features focus specifically on hashtag analysis, audience growth tracking, mention tracking, and tons of tweet-type insights for improving Twitter engagement.
- It gives a better understanding of a company’s competitive social landscape.
- They are constantly rolling out new features, updates, and advanced reporting and analytics.
I can easily and quickly see how my org stacks up to competitors. Also, I can set up custom reports and custom alerts that notify me of what my competition is doing in real-time. Additionally, the interface is easy to use.
- It provides only engagement analytics and not any other metrics like the reach or impressions of your tweets.
- The analytics dashboard and its custom reporting aren’t very satisfactory.
- Rival IQ is on the expensive side.
Their original custom reports section was not very robust. My only feedback would be for continued work on custom reporting and dashboards.
4. Twitter Analytics Tool – Keyhole
Built for marketers and agencies, Keyhole is a hashtag tracker tool for Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Keyhole offers automated social media analytics with real-time and historical social media data. This Twitter analytics tool’s dashboard shows real-time analytics of the number of people using a set of hashtags, along with the total number of retweets, likes, and impressions.
- Keyhole is easy to set up and extremely user-friendly.
- This Twitter content analysis tool offers account tracking, campaign tracking, influencer management, sentiment analysis, and more.
- Keyhole offers a client-ready PDF file to be exported for campaigns.
I like how easy it is to use Keyhole. I also really like how easy it is to understand the hashtag engagement reports. It really made that part of the reporting process really seamless.
- To get the most out of Keyhole and streamline the information it pulls, you may need to refine your hashtags if they’re a broader query.
- It can be overwhelming to figure out which plan is the best fit for you if you’re unsure about the volume of posts you will need to track.
- Some information, such as follower demographics, can be limited by the API of different social platforms.
Verified Keyhole User
We work with small to medium-sized businesses, and the cost to benefit ratio made it difficult to justify using Keyhole for our clients on an ongoing basis.
5. Twitter Analytics Tool – Klear
Price: Pricing on request
Klear, an influencer management platform, is an expert in the industry of Twitter analytics tools. It excels at providing marketers with a powerful influencer search engine, campaign analytics, and social monitoring tools.
It doesn’t just focus on analytics for influencers but also dives deep into the audience’s demographics. Moreover, it allows its users to filter the results in terms of social media platforms, location, skills, etc.
- It allows you to monitor influencers and also who they are having conversations with.
- Commendable customer service to its users.
The best thing about them is their customer service – the team is very open to feedback, and over the last year or so, I have seen them adopt many new features based on feedback.
- Klear doesn’t classify Twitter users in terms of keywords.
- The navigation of this tool is often pointed as a drawback.
I wish there was a way to easily export Twitter users who use certain keywords. I could use these to create custom audiences in Twitter ad campaigns.
6. Twitter Analytics Tool – Twitonomy
Twitonomy is a detailed Twitter analytics tool typically designed for marketers looking forward to diving deeper into their analytics reports. Twitonomy lets you monitor any keyword in a specific duration. Post analysis, you can download tweets into excel and PDF formats.
- It lets you optimize your content and engagement strategies on Twitter.
- It tracks deep data of one’s profile – followers, following and profile’s growth, etc.
Twitonomy is simply the best Twitter analytics tool on the web. The platform allows you to analyze SO many different statistics for your Twitter account.
- Sometimes this Twitter analytics tool gives you wrong data, taking old keywords and campaigns into consideration.
- Due to Twitonomy providing wrong data, the reports extracted are inaccurate and unreliable.
Dannie Lynn F.
The major place I saw a lack of depth was in the customization of reports.
7. Twitter Analytics Tool – Followerwonk
Price: $79/month for 20 profiles
Followerwonk is one of the known Twitter analytics tools with many free features, but if you need detailed reports, you might want to pay and make the most of it.
It is the best free Twitter analytics tool that can analyze your audience regarding their identification and location. It also allows you to compare your profile with your competitors to gain valuable insights for better strategy building.
Its most interesting feature is “search bios,” which allows you to find the users through keywords. It can guide you in targeting a defined audience for a campaign or similar outreach.
- It allows you to compare several Twitter users.
- It graphically represents the most active times for your followers.
Natalie C. W
You can search Twitter users by a variety of factors, and you can check out your competitors’ followers and sort them by all sorts of characteristics. It has been an invaluable tool in growing my clients’ Twitter presence.
- There is no way for Followerwonk to backfill follower number data, so you will only be able to use the tracking feature unless you begin tracking a handle.
- “Search bios” often don’t give the best results to its users.
First of all, the free features are extremely limited, so it’s tough to get a grasp on the software until you start a paid account. You cannot follow anyone in the app, you get a limited amount of searches, and the search capabilities are not advanced. Even the paid account, which I tried, did not give me great results.
8. Twitter Analytics Tool – Tweet Binder
Tweet Binder is one of the least known Twitter analytics tools but is quite powerful. It gives you access to Twitter historical data and real-time hashtag monitoring. It also comes with a Twitter follower tracking tool that allows you to measure how the Twitter profile has developed over time and the evolution of its main KPIs.
- This Twitter analytics tool offers in-depth data that users often appreciate.
- Tweet Binder provides praise-worthy customer support.
I love the depth of data provided by TweetBinder and how it allows me to get insights into the performance and quality of content associated with campaign hashtags. The customer service is excellent, and they answer all my questions fully and timely.
- Tweet Binder comes with a learning curve. Its user interface comes with a lot of dashboards which can get confusing.
- Not much preferable in analyzing past data. It is troublesome to analyze the past data.
It won’t show more data than the last 30 days. Being a marketer, analyzing past trends is really important, which cannot be done with this tool.
9. Twitter Analytics Tool – GroupTweet
GroupTweet is a Twitter analytics tool that helps you analyze Twitter activity and schedule tweets to strengthen your overall performance on Twitter. Its rich feature set is what differentiates it from the rest. You can also integrate it with other social media planning tools. So, if you are already using different tools, you can reap benefits from GroupTweet from that platform. GroupTweet also lets you communicate in private on Twitter groups, providing account access without any password sharing.
- The tool is incredibly responsive and fast.
- UI is easy to navigate, even for beginners.
I like this tool because I can create closed groups of users on Twitter. An option that does not offer Twitter directly but thanks to GroupTweet is possible. I use this software especially to teach and be able to publish information for all members.
- It doesn’t support multiple social media platforms.
- There have been instances of users getting confused while adding contributors.
There are times where the auto-update on the timeline located on the dashboard would turn itself off, which would be a little confusing for some of our staff, causing duplicate posts and checking the page profile to make sure the info was correct.
Ready to ace your Twitter marketing?
Gaining proper insights is the first step towards a phenomenal Twitter marketing strategy. But with the variety of Twitter analytics tools available in the market, anyone can fall prey to making the incorrect choice.
You must rely on the Twitter analytics tools mentioned above, considering the essential business needs they help you with. We would anyday put our bets on SocialPilot because of its 360 capabilities to manage beyond Twitter. Start your 14-day free trial to unlock the power of this robust tool.
Frequently Asked Questions
Twitter Analytics shows you how your audience is responding to your content with several engagement metrics. Brands can use this information to optimize their future Twitter campaigns for better results.
The best and affordable Twitter analytics tools for small businesses and agencies are:
Using SocialPilot, you can download PDF Twitter reports for your accounts for up to 3 months. You can even email it directly to your clients from the SocialPilot dashboard itself. These Twitter analytics reports will consist of all engagement metrics, tweet frequency, and performance in graphical format for better understanding.
You can get access to Twitter analytics in two ways. The first way is to access it directly from the Twitter analytics website and logging in with your official Twitter account. The second way is to rely on third-party analytics tools such as SocialPilot. The latter is preferable when handling multiple accounts.
Since tweets have a half-life of just 24 minutes, you should tweet multiple times every day. Though the daily limit is 2400 tweets, the ideal number to get maximum engagement is 5-12 tweets a day.
Yes, Twitter analytics is free, but it is pretty limited. It is advisable to use a combination of paid and free tools if you want a real-time status of your profile.