Being consistent on Twitter is super tough. Because this specific social media platform demands a major amount of content daily. Don’t believe in us?
Social media statistics state 500 million tweets are shared each day, but the half-life of a tweet is just 24 minutes. This makes it pretty clear why Twitter needs surplus pumping of content for you to remain consistent.
Now social media marketers already have a lot on their plate for each day. Thankfully, there are tools that can automate a lot of work that goes into social media management.
A Twitter tool lets you schedule multiple posts in one go, customizing content in all possible ways to win more engagement. It even analyzes content performance.
Other than these basic functionalities, the best automation tools allow you to do some intelligent work like curating top-performing content and re-scheduling/resharing such posts. But there are lots of Twitter automation tools in the market that can confuse you.
So, here we are introducing 9 excellent tools that you can use for Twitter automation. Let’s dive right in.
9 Twitter Automation Tools For Social Media Marketers in 2021
Let’s take these up one by one.
SocialPilot is an easy-to-use, multi-purpose social media management tool that you can use for automating Twitter profiles. If you want to run basic Facebook campaigns or promote one on Instagram, you can get started in no time with this no-fuss tool.
For Twitter marketing, too, SocialPilot offers some exciting capabilities. For example, if you have a handful of content right now but don’t want to publish all your tweets right away, you can use the ‘queue posts’ feature. Select the time from your dashboard, and these posts will automatically be tweeted on the Twitter accounts accordingly.
This Twitter automation tool allows you to create custom posts for Twitter without worrying about the Twitter character limit. Using SocialPilot, you can also attach GIFs, videos, and multiple images to your copy to fetch more engagement.
The platform also helps you discover and share the most trending content on Twitter, considering the target audience. This automation tool will come up with curated lists of the most recent and trending content in your niche that you can share with your Twitter followers.
Another awesome capability that SocialPilot provides is its Social Inbox. Get involved in discussions, converse with people that matter, and drive positive brand building in real-time, using this powerful feature that SocialPilot offers. Understand your follower growth trend, identify the best time for tweeting posts, schedule them accordingly, etc. When it comes to Twitter analytics, SocialPilot is a tool that digs deep into numbers.
Besides identifying overall trends about engagement, audience reach, etc., you can also find out in detail about the performance of each tweet. Identify most retweeted tweets and favorited Tweets. You can also categorize your analysis to see the number of posts you’ve posted on a weekly, daily, or monthly basis.
What people say about SocialPilot
SocialPilot is amazing! What is really brilliant about this software is that it can generate fresh content for me to post to my social media pages, as if I was the one that came up with it! I love how SocialPilot does most of the work for me!
Verified SocialPilot User
What I like most about SocialPilot software is that it saves me time! This software is smart and easy to use. It is designed in such a fantastic way that anybody can learn to use it. It is so easy to schedule posts to my various social media platforms ahead of time. I just love the efficiency of SocialPilot!
No one wants to start every day at their job with having to post 20 posts on Twitter. That’s an absolute waste of at least an hour or two. Isn’t it better if you could just schedule all your created posts for the next 3 days in advance?
This is where Buffer comes in handy for automating Twitter chores. All you need to do is login and start scheduling your created content. Buffer will send out your tweets at that exact set time.
As a Twitter automation tool, Buffer is known for its ease of use and its well-built community. Its user-friendly interface is commendable. It also provides a basic free plan that will make Buffer one of the best free Twitter tools for you to use.
Pros of using Buffer
- An extremely intuitive platform that you can start using without having to refer to any guide or FAQs.
- Allows you to customize posts as per Twitter’s guidelines, or for that matter, suited for any platform that you are posting on.
- Enables you to look at all the scheduled posts for review before publishing in one place.
Buffer makes it easy to schedule your social media posts ahead of time, and you can also manage multiple different accounts from one place. At our marketing company, it’s also easy for clients to understand and use on their own time whether they’re on their phone or computer.
Cons of using Buffer
- You can’t discover and curate best performing content on Twitter, which means you’ll have to find trending and most shared posts to retweet them manually.
- For 25 social media accounts, you can post only about 2000 posts. The free version allows you to post only 10 posts in one go. It’s also not very budget-friendly.
I quickly discovered that the platform could not suit my needs because of one insurmountable obstacle – price. There are alternatives (be it with fewer features) out there that offer a lower overhead cost. With products such as “Reply”, “Publish”, and “Analyze” featuring little to no immediately accessible descriptions, and each one is carrying a different pricing structure & subscription requirement. Lastly, one feature I’ve found missing on Buffer is the ability to draft a single post that can be queued in multiple social media channels and customized for each channel.
As the name suggests, CoSchedule is a social media planning and scheduling tool. It is a great tool for bloggers who want automated Twitter posts for their blog posts. CoSchedule integrates with blogging tools like WordPress and Hubspot, making it simpler and less time consuming to organize and publish tweets.
Using CoSchedule as your Twitter automation tool, you can also choose to queue the blog posts or other tweets that you want to use for marketing, as per a pre-decided schedule. Queue tweets to automatically post well into the future. Once you have created a schedule for posting on your CoSchedule dashboard, you can revisit it and look for gaps, if any, in your calendar.
Pros of using CoSchedule
- Reschedule your top-performing posts with ReQueue. This way, you don’t have to create fresh content for Twitter all the time. Also, if you miss out on posting as per the schedule, CoSchedule picks the top-performing posts from Twitter and queues them up in your schedule for that time slot.
- CoSchedule has this Kanban Project dashboard, where you can see everything your team is working upon and progress at every stage. You can apply custom status to workflows based on the way your team works.
Verified CoSchedule User
I like being able to see what my team is up to, the different views I can use, and the ability to organize all my tasks effortlessly. If you want your dashboard to look like Trello, you can do that. If you just need a to-do list.
Cons of using CoSchedule
- It isn’t pocket-friendly at all. Coschedule offers only basic features at a price where other tools give premium features. There aren’t any enterprise-level features like social listening and social media monitoring.
- Some of the features that might look intelligent at first glance aren’t that useful when you dig deeper. For example, when you start using ReQueue, you must know that one post can be queued only twice.
CoSchedule’s UI is pretty clunky at times, which makes it difficult to navigate around, and it can take some time for new users to get fully acclimated. I feel that it’s not exactly an intuitive interface and leaves something to be desired. Another dislike is that the ‘social media analytics’ CoSchedule boasts about are not very useful as they only tell you which pieces of content are shared the most frequently and where.
One of the smartest tools to have in your social media marketing arsenal, SocialOomph comes with a variety of interesting Twitter automation features. For example, it allows you to DM your new followers. It also automatically follows people who have just followed you and unfollows those who’ve unfollowed your account. These capabilities help you develop an audience base that’s actually interested in your Twitter content.
This Twitter automation tool also allows you to automate your post scheduling and add RSS feeds to your tweets. Another important feature that businesses can make use of is the Email Reply Digest. You will be sent an email with all brand mentions that have been made on Twitter every day.
Pros of using SocialOomph
- They always update their features in accordance with Twitter policy. This way, you are always operating in compliance when it comes to Twitter automation.
- They offer both free features and paid. You can use all the free features and selectively pick whichever premium ones you really need.
Socialoomph lets you automatically generate content streams from RSS feeds. Socialoomph does it better by letting you define keywords that limit what you publish to only the topics or ideas you want. Customer support is prompt and excellent.
Cons of using SocialOomph
- The interface needs a lot of improvement. It is text-based!
- Sending automated direct messages on Twitter is something you would have to pay for, which isn’t the best deal.
There have been times when a post didn’t go out. It is kind of buggy at times.
Social media tools like Dlvr.It have quickly become popular because they make content planning extremely simple. Find great content and share in a matter of seconds with Dlvr.It as your Twitter automation tool.
Apart from its fantastic automation capability, Dlvr.It also has a compelling scheduling capability. You can schedule more than 100 posts in the queue at once. Additionally, the tool automatically re-queues your best performing content.
Pros of using Dlvr.it
- The automatic sharing of RSS to Twitter and Twitter to RSS is really helpful.
- For the capabilities that it provides, Dlvr.It is quite pocket-friendly.
You just specify the RSS feeds, connect social accounts and set the interval. And the service does everything according to the schedule for you. Quite convenient and saves time.
Cons of using Dlvr.it
- The interface is clunky. It kills the utility of the tool.
- It doesn’t allow you to reshuffle your scheduled posts.
- Analytics are missing. Once you’ve kickstarted posting on Twitter, you’ll feel the need to see how your content is performing.
The interface was glitchy at times, especially around creating categories and timings for bulk post scheduling.
Sending the right message at the right time is the key to keeping your followers happy. That’s why if you plan on automating your direct messages for a platform like Twitter, go for something that personalizes your communication. StatusBrew can be a killer choice if you are looking for a Twitter automation tool.
This brilliant social media tool comes with features like social media automated publishing, brand tracking, customer engagement, and reporting.
Pros of using StatusBrew
- You can track all conversations around your brand that are happening on Twitter and other social media platforms. It is also possible to build advanced queries and dig deeper into specific conversations using StatusBrew’s social listening feature.
- The tool integrates easily with other platforms like Slack, Google Drives, Zendesk, etc.
This product has a simple and generally intuitive interface. It also offers social media automation and integrations to work effectively. Apart from this, Statusbrew is the best social customer service software.
Cons of using StatusBrew
- Their mobile app is a bit difficult to understand and navigate for a new user. You need to get in touch with their support team to get you started.
- You can’t check/review the feed or post before it gets posted.
Verified StatusBrew User
I think the cost of Statusbrew is a bit high. But if I go through the features.
If you are doing enterprise level social media marketing Audiense can prove to be a great analytics tool. That said, it is so easy to use that even individuals and solopreneurs can use it. The tool offers some amazing features for Twitter marketing. For example, using this Twitter automation tool you can easily find those influencers who you are connected to on Twitter.
Another smart capability of the tool is that you can identify the best time to tweet by looking at metrics like CTR during different times when your previous posts have been published on Twitter. You can also automate direct messaging using Audiense.
Another unique capability that Audiense offers as a Twitter automation tool is conversation tree. This feature gives you a clear idea about your customer interactions allowing you to review and optimize and customize them.
Pros of using Audiense
- Audiense is a certified Twitter product, which means it can really take your Twitter marketing to the next level while ensuring that you operate within the compliance standards of Twitter.
- In just a few clicks, and in no time, you can create a custom chatbot for Twitter. The chatbot can automate and manage subscribers with opt-ins for you.
The ability to filter my Twitter following by keyword within the bio and by geography, create a list based on that filter, and then create a column or stream from that list to see what conversations and links are most prevalent among specific subsets of my community. I also really like their ability to create audiences and perform Direct Message Campaigns.
Cons of using Audiense
- The tool has some very good capabilities, but it is extremely pricey as compared to some other popular ones. The free version of the tool has very limited functionalities.
- The interface could be better. Some of their features are ‘hidden’ or difficult to find.
- It is more of an analytics tool, so you would still have to use a Twitter posting tool to schedule and plan your tweets.
It can be a little slow gathering information for reports – I often want the data immediately. Sometimes the advanced search syntax doesn’t work as advertised, and I need to run the same search a few different times to get the results that I am looking for.
Everyone is familiar with Hootsuite. It’s a popular name that’s hard to miss when looking up social media management tools. With a user base of over 15 million people worldwide, HootSuite is quite ahead in the game with a focused audience of enterprise customers. It has some very interesting features like Hootlet that can be used to bookmark content that you like and share it as and when you like with your social media followers.
As a Twitter automation tool, Hootsuite is a good choice. It comes with capabilities like social listening, team collaboration and management, easy and speedy sharing of content using scheduling, and social media performance insights.
Pros of using Hootsuite
- You can track trending topics on Twitter by using Hootsuite’s Geosearch feature. This enables you to interact more meaningfully with your audience by personalizing your messaging for their location, say, for different segments in different time zones.
- The tool integrates with over 20 other social media platforms making your marketing game really strong and streamlined.
Hootsuite is one of the best options that can be found to constantly organize and maintain updated social networks. It has advanced features to analyze what are the topics in trends that allow you to keep updated the content that is shared on social networks.
Cons of using Hootsuite
- It can be extremely pricey. With each additional service that you wish to avail, you have to pay extra top-up charges. Even the most basic feature, like a custom URL shortener, comes at an additional cost.
- You have to move to and fro between different platforms when using HootSuite. For example, you can’t schedule stories right from within HootSuite. For that, you’ll have to toggle between HootSuite and Instagram.
- It’s very hard to get responses from their customer support.
The platform does have errors, or sometimes can be buggy. The site can also lag at points or be quite slow at points. Its analysis of negative and positive feedback in its analytics is not always accurate, which skews results for reports at times and is super expensive.
Agorapulse. is another fantastic Twitter automation tool that you can use to perfect your Twitter marketing strategy. Apart from scheduling tweets, you get to access complete Twitter analytics metrics. Be it tweets, mentions, or retweets and favourites, tracking each one is all possible in a snap. Have a closer inspection of your branding performance and pin down major engagement sources.
Want to know which hashtag performed the best? Agorapulse will let you do that too. Identify content that has gone down well with your audience. You can also manage your team from community management features for collaborating and responding to your tweets.
Pros of using Agorapulse
- Leverage social listening features for competitive analysis.
- Its integration with the CRM solution is seamless.
Agorapulse is fantastic for housing everything in one place, it’s not just a content scheduler, but you can access your inbox for various accounts. It means that it saves me time as I don’t get caught down the rabbit hole of social media, and it makes my time more productive when creating posts for social media.
Cons of using Agorapulse
- Users complain of accounts being disconnected from the tool and can be a bit buggy.
- If you are managing multiple accounts, this tool can get really expensive.
The Twitter feature has occasionally stopped working, making our team have to approve Twitter posts via email. This issue takes a few days to fix on Agorapulses’ end.
Over To You
Twitter is one of the most influencing platforms that pay off your efforts instantly. But managing it is no child’s play. You can always depend on reliable Twitter tools. Ideally, you should shortlist tools that provide you with all capabilities that enable you to run end-to-end campaigns on Twitter. Most Twitter automation tools might look budget-friendly and thus tempt you to invest in them.
However, later you might have to shell out more money to avail top-up features. That’s why you should shortlist those tools that provide nearly all capabilities that you need now and some that might require later. You needn’t pick the most advanced tool . Something that meaningfully and intelligently automates social media marketing would do good. Alongside, it should not burn a hole in your pocket also. SocialPilot fits in here quite perfectly. Try it out for free and see it for yourself!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can automate Twitter with Twitter automation tools like SocialPilot.
Twitter automation is the process of automating Twitter ventures like direct messaging, scheduling tweets at the best time, following, unfollowing, liking, and commenting on other tweets. Some tools provide analytics features with social listening capabilities under Twitter automation.
A person can have 5 Twitter accounts at most.
With the help of the best automation tools for Twitter, you can automate your Twitter marketing.
Buffer and Hootsuite offer a free account with which you can automate your tweets at no cost. But there are way too many limitations in that. Instead, you can opt for a free 14-day trial that SocialPilot offers and then pick the most affordable plan that starts at $30/month with all the premium features.