Being consistent on Twitter is super tough. Because this specific social media platform demands a major amount of content daily. Don’t believe in us?
Social media statistics state 500 million tweets are shared each day, but the half-life of a tweet is just 24 minutes. This makes it pretty clear why Twitter needs surplus pumping of content for you to remain consistent.
Now social media marketers already have a lot on their plate for each day. Thankfully, there are tools that can automate a lot of work that goes into social media management.
A Twitter tool lets you schedule multiple posts in one go, customizing content in all possible ways to win more engagement. It even analyzes content performance.
Other than these basic functionalities, the best automation tools allow you to do some intelligent work like curating top-performing content and re-scheduling/resharing such posts. But there are lots of Twitter automation tools in the market that can confuse you.
So, here we are introducing 10 excellent tools that you can use for Twitter automation. Let’s dive right in.
How we analyze & select Social Media Automation Tools:
Through rigorous research and practical assessment, we have developed this list of elite twitter automation tools. The factors we considered for evaluation included the tool’s user interface, G2 ratings and reviews, pricing, and scalability. We also assessed the capabilities of these tools in automation, content generation, visualization, analytics, and collaboration. We have invested resources in compiling this shortlist of twitter automation tools to ensure that marketers are empowered with crucial knowledge to select the optimal tools and amplify their businesses.
SocialPilot is an easy-to-use, multi-purpose social media management tool that you can use for automated posting to your Twitter profiles.
SocialPilot offers many Twitter automation tool capabilities for Twitter marketing.
Hassle-free Scheduling: If you have a handful of content but don’t want to tweet them right away, use the ‘queue posts’ feature. Select the time from your dashboard, and these posts will automatically be shared on to your Twitter accounts accordingly.
Custom Post Capabilities: SocialPilot allows you to create custom posts for Twitter without worrying about the Twitter character limit. Attach GIFs, videos, and multiple images to your copy to fetch even more engagement.
AI Assistance: If you want to create all your Twitter posts for the month in one go, you don’t need to brainstorm for days. Use SocialPilot’s AI assistant to create as many new tweets as you want, repurpose content into Twitter threads, and create relevant hashtags for any given caption, all in the blink of an eye.
What people say about SocialPilot
SocialPilot is amazing! What is really brilliant about this software is that it can generate fresh content for me to post to my social media pages, as if I was the one that came up with it! I love how SocialPilot does most of the work for me!
Verified SocialPilot User
What I like most about SocialPilot software is that it saves me time! This software is smart and easy to use. It is designed in such a fantastic way that anybody can learn to use it. It is so easy to schedule posts to my various social media platforms ahead of time. I just love the efficiency of SocialPilot!
No one wants to start every day at their job with having to post 20 posts on Twitter. That’s an absolute waste of at least an hour or two. Isn’t it better if you could just schedule all your created posts for the next 3 days in advance?
This is where Buffer comes in as a Twitter automation tool. All you need to do is login and start scheduling your created content. Buffer will send out your tweets at that exact set time.
As a Twitter tool, Buffer is known for its ease of use and its well-built community. Its user-friendly interface is commendable. It also provides a basic free plan that will make Buffer one of the best free Twitter tools for you to use.
- An extremely intuitive platform that you can start using without having to refer to any guide or FAQs.
- Allows you to customize posts as per Twitter’s guidelines, or for that matter, suited for any platform that you are posting on.
- Enables you to look at all the scheduled posts for review before publishing in one place.
Buffer makes it easy to schedule your social media posts ahead of time, and you can also manage multiple different accounts from one place. At our marketing company, it’s also easy for clients to understand and use on their own time whether they’re on their phone or computer.
- You can’t discover and curate best performing content on Twitter, which means you’ll have to find trending and most shared posts to retweet them manually.
- For 25 social media accounts, you can post only about 2000 posts. The free version allows you to post only 10 posts in one go. It’s also not very budget-friendly.
I quickly discovered that the platform could not suit my needs because of one insurmountable obstacle – price. There are alternatives (be it with fewer features) out there that offer a lower overhead cost. With products such as “Reply”, “Publish”, and “Analyze” featuring little to no immediately accessible descriptions, and each one is carrying a different pricing structure & subscription requirement. Lastly, one feature I’ve found missing on Buffer is the ability to draft a single post that can be queued in multiple social media channels and customized for each channel.
As the name suggests, CoSchedule is a social media planning and scheduling tool. It is a great tool for bloggers who want automated Twitter posts for their blog posts. CoSchedule integrates with blogging tools like WordPress and Hubspot, making it simpler and less time consuming to organize and publish tweets.
Using CoSchedule, you can also choose to queue the blog posts or other tweets that you want to use for marketing, as per a pre-decided schedule. You can Queue tweets to automatically post well into the future using this Twitter automation tool. Once you have created a schedule for posting on your CoSchedule dashboard, you can revisit it and look for gaps, if any, in your calendar.
- Reschedule your top-performing posts with ReQueue. This way, you don’t have to create fresh content for Twitter all the time. Also, if you miss out on posting as per the schedule, CoSchedule picks the top-performing posts from Twitter and queues them up in your schedule for that time slot.
- CoSchedule has this Kanban Project dashboard, where you can see everything your team is working upon and progress at every stage. You can apply custom status to workflows based on the way your team works.
Verified CoSchedule User.
I like being able to see what my team is up to, the different views I can use, and the ability to organize all my tasks effortlessly. If you want your dashboard to look like Trello, you can do that. If you just need a to-do list.
- It isn’t pocket-friendly at all. Coschedule offers only basic features at a price where other tools give premium features. There aren’t any enterprise-level features like social listening and social media monitoring.
- Some of the features that might look intelligent at first glance aren’t that useful when you dig deeper. For example, when you start using ReQueue, you must know that one post can be queued only twice.
CoSchedule’s UI is pretty clunky at times, which makes it difficult to navigate around, and it can take some time for new users to get fully acclimated. I feel that it’s not exactly an intuitive interface and leaves something to be desired. Another dislike is that the ‘social media analytics’ CoSchedule boasts about are not very useful as they only tell you which pieces of content are shared the most frequently and where.
One of the smartest tools to have in your social media marketing arsenal, SocialOomph comes with a variety of interesting Twitter automation features. For example, it allows you to DM your new followers. It also automatically follows people who have just followed you and unfollows those who’ve unfollowed your account. These capabilities help you develop an audience base that’s actually interested in your Twitter content.
This Twitter automation tool also allows you to automate your post scheduling and add RSS feeds to your tweets. Another important feature that businesses can make use of is the Email Reply Digest. You will be sent an email with all brand mentions that have been made on Twitter every day.
- They always update their features in accordance with Twitter policy. This way, you are always operating in compliance when it comes to Twitter automation.
- They offer both free features and paid. You can use all the free features and selectively pick whichever premium ones you really need.
Socialoomph lets you automatically generate content streams from RSS feeds. Socialoomph does it better by letting you define keywords that limit what you publish to only the topics or ideas you want. Customer support is prompt and excellent.
- The interface needs a lot of improvement. It is text-based!
- Sending automated direct messages on Twitter is something you would have to pay for, which isn’t the best deal.
There have been times when a post didn’t go out. It is kind of buggy at times.
Social media tools like Missinglettr have come into the spotlight when businesses have turned to campaign automation to make the activities related to brand management much easier. And this tool has invaluable features related to content.
Missinglettr can take your content and make them into 12-month long drip campaigns. These are content-strengthened campaigns through which the tool will create a series of posts. This Twitter automation tool will pull content from link provided by you and generate posts automatically. All you have to do is review them and start the campaign. This feature makes Missinglettr a great automation tool.
- Users can schedule and automate a whole year’s worth of posts in one go, formulating them into campaigns.
- The analytics section of the tool lets you track the performance of the content campaigns you set up.
With Missinglettr, you can automate and schedule your social media posts up to a year in advance. Through their Analytics section, you can also track the social performance of your evergreen content.
- There are a lot of glitches in this tool.
- The auto-generated posts from the same content can seem repetitive.
- Lacks in the number of social platform integrations it can schedule on.
Repetitive. It makes a quote box and puts it in there. Visually apparent you are using a ‘bot’, better when mixed with other posters. Same visual quote boxes over and over and over again.
Sending the right message at the right time is the key to keeping your followers happy.
This is where Twitter automation tools come in. They help you automate your direct messages for a platform like Twitter, and also personalizes your communication. StatusBrew can be a killer choice if you are looking for such a tool.
This brilliant social media tool comes with features like social media automated publishing, brand tracking, customer engagement, and reporting.
- You can track all conversations around your brand that are happening on Twitter and other social media platforms. It is also possible to build advanced queries and dig deeper into specific conversations using StatusBrew’s social listening feature.
- The tool integrates easily with other platforms like Slack, Google Drives, Zendesk, etc.
This product has a simple and generally intuitive interface. It also offers social media automation and integrations to work effectively. Apart from this, Statusbrew is the best social customer service software.
- Their mobile app is a bit difficult to understand and navigate for a new user. You need to get in touch with their support team to get you started.
- You can’t check/review the feed or post before it gets posted.
Verified StatusBrew User
I think the cost of Statusbrew is a bit high. But if I go through the features.
If you are doing enterprise level social media marketing Audiense can prove to be a great analytics tool. That said, it is so easy to use that even individuals and solopreneurs can use it. The tool offers some amazing features for Twitter marketing. For example, using this Twitter automation tool you can easily find those influencers who you are connected to on Twitter.
Another smart capability of the tool is that you can identify the best time to tweet by looking at metrics like CTR during different times when your previous posts have been published on Twitter. You can also automate direct messaging using Audiense.
Another unique capability that Audiense offers is conversation tree. This feature gives you a clear idea about your customer interactions allowing you to review and optimize and customize them. This makes it a great Twitter automation tool.
- Audiense is a certified Twitter product, which means it can really take your Twitter marketing to the next level while ensuring that you operate within the compliance standards of Twitter.
- In just a few clicks, and in no time, you can create a custom chatbot for Twitter. The chatbot can automate and manage subscribers with opt-ins for you.
The ability to filter my Twitter following by keyword within the bio and by geography, create a list based on that filter, and then create a column or stream from that list to see what conversations and links are most prevalent among specific subsets of my community. I also really like their ability to create audiences and perform Direct Message Campaigns.
- The tool has some very good capabilities, but it is extremely pricey as compared to some other popular ones. The free version of the tool has very limited functionalities.
- The interface could be better. Some of their features are ‘hidden’ or difficult to find.
- It is more of an analytics tool, so you would still have to use a Twitter posting tool to schedule and plan your tweets.
It can be a little slow gathering information for reports – I often want the data immediately. Sometimes the advanced search syntax doesn’t work as advertised, and I need to run the same search a few different times to get the results that I am looking for.
Professionals, Small teams, Small-medium businesses, and Enterprises.
A social media management tool that can centralize all the major social channels into one space, Hootsuite is versatile software. With its adaptable feature set, the tool effortlessly automates all your marketing efforts on Twitter, leveraging the platform effectively.
Hootsuite works for brands ranging from solo entrepreneurs to large enterprises and marketing agencies managing multiple clients. This software simplifies the formidable challenge of maintaining a consistent social media presence across multiple platforms.
Diverse industries, including retail, finance, healthcare, and education, have acknowledged its value. Regardless of your specific objectives, Hootsuite provides a single platform for not only scheduling and publishing tweets but also monitoring hashtags, trends, and mentions of your brand in real-time.
However, the complex design and feature-heavy dashboard can be difficult for inexperienced marketers to learn.
Hootsuite offers five pricing tiers after a 30-day trial, ranging from $99/month to $249/month, catering to different social account and user needs.
- Tweet Scheduling: Effortlessly plan and schedule multiple Twitter posts to publish at your preferred times.
- Engagement: Use Hootsuite’s integrated social inbox to monitor, interact, and automate responses with AI chatbots, boosting customer engagement.
- Social Listening: Stay in loop on trends and monitor brand mentions, keywords, and hashtags for valuable insights into public sentiment.
- Analytics Central: Access comprehensive Twitter analytics data from multiple profiles, displayed conveniently in a centralized dashboard.
- Collaboration: Foster teamwork by defining roles for your team and clients, ensuring smooth workflow within Hootsuite.
- AI-Powered Writing: Create tweets in the blink of an eye using Hootsuite’s AI writing tool, enhancing content generation efficiency.
We went through a hundred user reviews for Hootsuite, gathered from trusted review platforms like G2 and Capterra. After carefully analyzing each of them in respect to all the features of the tool, we have gathered these insights.
- Hootsuite’s content calendar has proven highly effective in helping users visualize their strategy and effortlessly.
- Two out of every three users find the post-presentation feature very useful which gives them the preview of the posts they create with Hootsuite before publishing it.
- 22.2% of users highly appreciated the live posting features of the platform, enabling them to streamline their workflow for creating and publishing posts on the fly.
- 8.1% of people say the option of tagging and content categorization in Hootsuite allows them to manage their content assets with ease.
- The efficiency of handling messages, and comments from the social inbox of Hootsuite has proven to be an asset for at least 25.2% of its users.
- While some people think it is an easy tool to use, 11.76% have a hard time getting a grasp on the tool.
- Content recycling, which is an important feature under scheduling, has some gaps that concern 76.92% of users to some degree.
- At least 22% of reviews have complained about the complicated flow of the collaboration setup.
- When it came to organizing the Hootsuite inbox, many users said that managing and categorizing a high volume of messages became very difficult for them.
- Various errors and complexities of Hootsuite have raised concerns in users whether it actually saves their time or not.
Agorapulse is another fantastic tool that you can use for automation. Apart from scheduling tweets, you get to access complete Twitter analytics metrics. Be it tweets, mentions, or retweets and favorites, tracking each one is all possible in a snap. Inspect your branding performance closely and pin down major engagement sources with this Twitter automation tool to improve your Twitter marketing strategy.
Want to know which hashtag performed the best? Agorapulse will let you do that too. Identify content that has gone down well with your audience. You can also manage your team from community management features for collaborating and responding to your tweets.
- Leverage social listening features for competitive analysis.
- Its integration with the CRM solution is seamless.
Agorapulse is fantastic for housing everything in one place, it’s not just a content scheduler, but you can access your inbox for various accounts. It means that it saves me time as I don’t get caught down the rabbit hole of social media, and it makes my time more productive when creating posts for social media.
- Users complain of accounts being disconnected from the tool and can be a bit buggy.
- If you are managing multiple accounts, this tool can get really expensive.
The Twitter feature has occasionally stopped working, making our team have to approve Twitter posts via email. This issue takes a few days to fix on Agorapulses’ end.
Socinator is a multi-faceted social media management tool that uses automation to help you grow on all platforms, not just Twitter. As Twitter is a social network that is driven by conversations with the most relevant crowd, it is important that you find the people who would help further your brand in terms of engagements and interactions online.
Socinator allows automated Twitter posting and does the tedious job of finding potential followers for you. Socinator finds the people on Twitter who might follow you and gives you relevant actions like automated replies, follow or unfollow, etc. You can also setup pre-written texts to automate your responses and comments to your followers.
- Automated follow setup, boosting your follower numbers in leaps and bounds
- Generate in-depth page performance and account activity reports
- Automate the like, share, comment, reply and follow actions, putting your Twitter profile on autopilot.
Socinator is one the best user-friendly tool that I have ever seen. It helps me a lot to handle my 5 social media profiles at a time. I have seen so much growth in my Instagram Id after using Socinator. Best investment ever!
- Users complain of the software having a lot of bugs.
- The customer support team is irresponsive when being reached out to by users.
You are better off using other alternatives. The software has issues every single week anyway. Save your time and money.
Over To You
Twitter is one of the most influencing platforms that pay off your efforts instantly. But managing it is no child’s play. You can always depend on reliable Twitter tools. Ideally, you should shortlist tools that provide you with all capabilities that enable you to run end-to-end campaigns on Twitter. Most Twitter automation tools might look budget-friendly and thus tempt you to invest in them.
However, later you might have to shell out more money to avail top-up features. That’s why you should shortlist those tools that provide nearly all capabilities that you need now and some that might require later. You needn’t pick the most advanced tool . Something that meaningfully and intelligently automates social media marketing would do good. Alongside, it should not burn a hole in your pocket also. SocialPilot fits in here quite perfectly. Try it out for free and see it for yourself!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you automate Twitter?
Yes, you can automate Twitter with Twitter automation tools like SocialPilot.
What is Twitter automation?
Twitter automation is the process of automating Twitter ventures like direct messaging, scheduling tweets at the best time, following, unfollowing, liking, and commenting on other tweets. Some tools provide analytics features with social listening capabilities under Twitter automation.
How many Twitter accounts can a person have?
A person can have 5 Twitter accounts at most.
How do you automate on Twitter?
With the help of the best automation tools for Twitter, you can automate your Twitter marketing.
Can I automate on Twitter for free using Buffer, SocialPilot or Hootsuite?
Hootsuite offers no free plans, only a 30-day free trial. Buffer offers a free account with which you can automate your tweets at no cost. But there are way too many limitations in that. Instead, you can opt for a free 14-day trial that SocialPilot offers and then pick the most affordable plan that starts at $30/month with all the premium features.
About the Author