When it comes to Facebook marketing, marketers go overboard. They plan on leveraging each of Facebook’s offerings like Page, Groups, Messenger, and whatnot.
Result? Absolute chaos!
Managing everything manually can be an overwhelming haul at times. You tend to miss out on something or another and end up penalizing your reach.
Publishing tools on Facebook can help you manage pages and profiles simultaneously. The fact that these two channels already have audiences that are already interested in your deliverables is what makes it more exciting.
The native publishing tools section has many important features such as video management, lead generation, and product sales. ‘Smart publishing’ also identifies those links that you frequently share and publish on followers’ news feeds.
However, Facebook’s publishing feature has several limitations. That’s why most markets opt for a third-party posting tool that streamlines, automates, and helps them get more organized with publishing, not just on Facebook but other platforms as well. These publishing and scheduling tools are incessantly climbing the fame ladder as marketers use them to run multiple campaigns for a single brand or multiple clients from a single dashboard.
Let’s discuss the top 11 Facebook publishing tools for automating Facebook posting and scheduling better.
How we analyze & select these Facebook Publishing Tools:
We have meticulously curated this list of premier Facebook publishing tools through detailed research and hands-on testing. We considered various factors such as user satisfaction, G2 ratings and reviews, pricing structure, and scalability. We also actively analyzed the abilities of these tools in automation, developing content, visualization, analytics, and collaborative workflows. We have assembled this list to provide marketers with essential insights, enabling them to make well-informed decisions on the best tools to expand their businesses.
Buffer is another famous tool among social media marketers. The interface is pretty cool and user-friendly. Create your content within Buffer, add it to the queue, and schedule it for publishing later. With Buffer’s Facebook publishing tool, you can customize your post for different platforms too.
The interface is pretty cool and user-friendly. Create your content within Buffer, add it to the queue, and schedule it for publishing later. You can customize your post for different platforms too.
- A user-friendly and intuitive platform that even a beginner can start using in no time.
- Ability to customize posts as per the requirement of Facebook or any other social media platform, using the tailored posts feature.
- Great customer support. You get a reply within seconds if you are stuck with a problem of scheduling, posting, or creating content with Buffer.
Buffer makes it easy to schedule your social media posts ahead of time, and you can also manage multiple different accounts from one place. At our marketing company, it’s also easy for clients to understand and use on their own time whether they’re on their phone or computer.
- Important and intelligent features like content curation that take social media marketing to the next level are missing.
- For 25 social media accounts, you can post only about 2000 posts, which is not enough.
- Though on the surface, it looks like a budget-friendly tool, it isn’t. To get the most out of your social media posting, you also need to get performance insights. However, these essential features are separate add-ons in Buffer like Buffer Reply and Buffer Analyze, which make your base plan pricey.
I quickly discovered that the platform could not suit my needs because of one insurmountable obstacle – price. The added features like direct Instagram Story & first comment seem interesting for me, but not at the cost of $663/annually when there are alternatives (be it with fewer features). With products such as “Reply,” “Publish,” and “Analyze,” featuring little to no immediately accessible descriptions, and each one carrying a different pricing structure & subscription requirement. Lastly, one feature I’ve found missing on Buffer is the ability to draft a single post that can be queued in multiple social media channels and customized for each channel.
SproutSocial is an easy-to-use tool that is widely used for social media posting and publishing process. The focus audience for this platform, however, is Twitter. You can also manage your Facebook publishing activities using Sprout Social.
The feature set that SproutSocial provides makes it clear that it is not only meant for social media marketers and managers. It is rather a full-fledged platform that can be used for customer care, employee advocacy, and intelligence management, besides social media management. It is a Facebook publishing tool meant for all.
- If you are running sophisticated Facebook marketing campaigns where you rely on personalized messaging, SproutSocial can be a wonderful tool. Run Facebook messenger marketing for different clients using their bot feature.
- In SproutSocial, you can set up an RSS schedule and a Feedly sync, enabling you to post updates directly from your Feedly and other vital feeds.
It is easy to use and has great support staff. We use it to post on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin. It is great to schedule posts, so I do not have to set a reminder to post them on my days off or after work hours.
- Managing multiple accounts using the SocialSprout inbox is difficult because it isn’t comprehensive. To dig into insights, you have to toggle between different social account streams individually.
- Sprout Social can be highly expensive for small businesses and digital agencies for the limited set of users and accounts it offers. There are various alternatives to Sprout Social that can help you manage more accounts.
It is a bit expensive for companies with many workers since the program is per user and its cost too. In addition, the cost rises if you want to have more functions. I don’t like that the reports are much more prepared, I mean that a heat map can be the solution. Another element that interferes with the total productivity of the program is that it needs consistent interaction metrics on all social platforms, that is, it would be ideal that it could cover all, not just some.
Dlvr.it offers some great features for social media posting. What makes it stand out from most other tools in this list is that it is a posting tool only. Dlvr.it has capabilities like Facebook post scheduler and automatic Facebook posting software.
Using this Facebook post scheduler, you can instantly post new content or queue it to be published as per your scheduled time and date. On the other hand, the Facebook posting software has some advanced capabilities like filters, custom text, auto hashtags, etc.
All in all, it is quite a user-friendly tool for those who want to automate their social media publishing for Facebook and other platforms.
- The tool has a feature for promoting stories. Facebook stories are now quite popular, so this feature can be of good use.
- You can pay $1 per story for spreading it to different networks, which means, apart from social media networks, your story also gets distributed and displayed on search engines such as Google or Yahoo.
You just specify the RSS feeds, connect social accounts, and set the interval. And the service does everything according to the schedule for you. Quite convenient and saves time.
- The interface has a lot of scope for improvement. It could have been neater.
- Even though you can schedule posts, you cannot shuffle or reschedule your posts.
- Has a lot of limitations when we talk about Facebook publishing tools compared to other tools in the market.
Verified Dlvr.it User
It happens that the authentication of accounts disappears, and there may be no notice about it. Also, sometimes limitations in the free version lead to the fact that the news is not as quickly published as you want. Also, the configuration process is not completely transparent and leaves much to be desired.
Coschedule is like an ‘all-in-one’ platform for many marketers. However, one of its best features is the scheduling calendar. Facebook posting tools like Coschedule enable you to organize and manage your editorial calendar for short as well as long durations.
Easy integration with WordPress and Hubspot makes Coschedule a perfect tool for bloggers who wish to automate social media publishing.
- Using a single dashboard, you can schedule content across multiple social media platforms.
- It not only eases your content publishing efforts but also adds more value by giving simple SEO suggestions.
- If you miss out on posting as per the schedule, the tool automatically fills in the gap by auto-posting your top-performing social content.
CoSchedule removes a TON of friction from my social media workflow. That’s the biggest advantage for me.
- The tool doesn’t offer integrations with many other tools that make social media marketing more intelligent.
- It is a bit expensive and even misses out on some great capabilities like social listening.
- The interface is overwhelming and requires proper onboarding for new users.
Verified Coschedule User
It takes a lot to understand. It can be challenging to get your team on board as well. It is a lot to learn, which can take some time away from your day-to-day tasks.
If you are specifically looking for a tool that manages social posting and publishing for Facebook, Post Planner fits the criteria. It provides three straightforward capabilities – find, plan, and post.
The ‘find’ feature helps you identify content that has the potential to win you good engagement and something that your audience will love. The next step is pretty obvious. With this Facebook publishing tool, you can plan automated posting to Facebook and engage with your audience.
- The content discovery feature is such a delight. You don’t have to go browsing or searching for content that can work well for your Facebook audience.
- Even though it is just a Twitter and Facebook publishing tool, it offers a number of integrations that add more value for marketers who wish to use it.
I love the ease of use and the fact that I can post to all my social media sites with just a few clicks. They have a great search tool to find relevant content and even allow me to import my blog posts straight from my site. I also love the repeat post and recycle features.
- It is certainly not the best tool for companies that are rapidly scaling or growing. You’ll need to integrate it with too many other tools once you need to do more with your social media marketing than just publishing and posting.
- Customer support is extremely poor.
- It supports 5 social media platforms only.
Frequent outages, constant need to refresh share tokens to enable publishing, its “randomizer” is not random at all.
As the name suggests, Mentionlytics is a powerful analytics and social media monitoring tool. However, recently, the tool has added a number of publishing capabilities.
The Facebook publisher functionality in Mentionlytics allows you to schedule and publish Facebook posts. You get a calendar view of all the scheduled posts for various platforms from the dashboard.
- Even after scheduling your post for automated publishing, you can preview your content anytime and make edits.
- If you need to reschedule content on your calendar, you can do so using simple drag-and-drop capability.
- Social Intelligence capability in Mentionlytics is really useful in understanding user sentiment on social media.
I really like the simplicity of the interface, which is really easy to use, and also the fact that you get a complete picture of your business with just a single look at the dashboard. The support team is very friendly, and they helped me a lot to optimize my account in order to benefit from the tool’s potential to my account since I’m not a super tech-savvy person!
- The tool sometimes gives a wide range of results when it comes to insights and monitoring. Some of the results can be absolutely irrelevant.
- It takes too much time to load, especially the social mentions feature.
Verified Mentionlytics User
I wish more features were available to base plans, even on an a la carte basis. It would be great to see more options to display data. To really get it working for me, I needed to spend some time learning how to effectively use the interface of the tool.
Postfity is one of the most simple and straightforward Facebook posting tools. Apart from Facebook, you can automate social media publishing for Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Vkontakte using Postify.
The tool offers some intelligent features like a built-in content recommendation engine, which helps you use your most engaging content to improve footfall. Additionally, the tool can recommend the right time for your posts to be published. Nonetheless, you can also schedule your posts as per your pre-decided time intervals.
- You can add watermarks to images or creatives in your social media content to secure them.
- Postfity’s analytics and reporting are easy to understand. Moreover, you have complete control over how your social media posts are performing. You get exclusive insights on multiple types of data like clicked links, shares, comments, etc., for effective comparison.
Verified Postfity User
Postfity is a very easy social media scheduling tool that allows you to schedule and share posts to multiple social media networks at once. They offer both a Chrome extension and a web app to be able to schedule your posts.
- You don’t get to preview how your post will look on a social media channel once posted.
- Managing posting and scheduling for multiple accounts at once can be a hassle. You have to change the time zone manually.
Verified Postfity User
Facebook posting within the app has been disabled for quite some time, so a pretty major social network is inaccessible. It is also difficult to view all of the posts that you have scheduled.
Agorapulse is a tool you need if you post on Facebook often. It lets you leverage Facebook insight to get the most out of your Facebook presence.
You can also find the best days to publish for a fruitful engagement. If you work in a team, then Agorapulse’s Facebook publishing tool also takes care of your workflow establishment.
- It has a visually appealing interface that is also easy to get a grip on.
- The social listening and social inbox feature work wonders.
The scheduler is very simple to use. It has all the features my business needs to publish on social media to our community and new members alike!
- Reporting capabilities are limited even at such a high price.
- The app has frequent resets and needs multiple login sessions.
Verified Agorapulse User
I am probably missing something but I don’t understand why any links I copy and paste in when I am scheduling posts are stripped out. The help/conversation icon in the bottom right hovers over the calendar and when I am trying to schedule a post towards the end of the month. The reports tool doesn’t seem to work for a number of the Facebook accounts I am monitoring. I would also like to be able to monitor the feeds for the accounts I am managing, but I can’t with the plan we have.
Pagemodo has established itself as one of the most effective Facebook posting tools for customizing Facebook pages. It has options for cover images, custom tabs, contests, and adverts.
You can use it to build a professional welcome tab and posts using customizable templates. Automated publishing to Facebook is easy with Pagemodo. You can run ad campaigns with in-depth analytics with this automatic Facebook posting tool.
- The interface is easy to use for beginners.
- Many templates are available for fast customization.
Pagemodo is extremely easy to use and makes it simple for you to track any contest or giveaway entries. It notifies you when you have received a new entry and then allows you to export all data onto an Excel sheet once the contest is over.
- Customer support is lacking.
- No HTML customization options for advanced-level users for better design of custom tabs.
It would be great to be able to manipulate templates more. For example, changing the size of the photos and a drag-drop feature to create your own custom template.
Fanpage Karma is yet another Facebook posting tool that offers you advanced social media management features. It gives you a score on your Facebook page with rigorous insights.
You can easily schedule and manage branded posts to your Facebook page and account as a Facebook publishing tool. It has benchmarking capabilities, so you can strategize better.
Apart from all these, Fanpage Karma lest you export insightful reports in multiple formats. Plus, you can unearth timings when your audience is active and is most likely to engage with your posts.
- You get access to annual reports for your brand.
- You can cross-compare social media profiles of multiple brands.
The tool is easy to use, and you can create a dashboard with just a few clicks. It’s great for getting a quick overview of your most important KPIs on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest.
- The customer support isn’t prompt at solving issues.
- The interface is dated, and it’s a struggle to navigate.
- Prices of advanced plans go through the roof.
Requires login data for platforms like LinkedIn, has sometimes troubles catching smaller profiles, does not really serve as a listening tool that collects mentions, does not have a channel vs channel comparison included.
Despite the constant whisper of Facebook’s declining popularity, marketers believe in the platform’s power. After all, it does have the largest online demographic base. Investing in the right Facebook publishing tools, you can easily manage multiple profiles.
With a cohesive dashboard, you can connect all your social media profiles in one place and spend the least time posting and more time interacting with your audience.
SocialPilot ticks this off with its exceptionally pocket-friendly features like social inbox, bulk scheduling, White Label solutions, customized scheduling, etc., to accomplish more.
Start your free 14-day trial and get ready to be amazed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Facebook publisher?
A Facebook Publisher allows you to pre-schedule your posts on the Facebook page at the desired time. You can access these from your Page itself and even get a calendar view to get a bird’s eye view of all your posts scheduled for a specific period.
Where are publishing tools on Facebook?
You can find the Publishing tools on the sidebar of your Facebook page. You will get to see a detailed dashboard listing your post and story metrics. You can schedule and automate Facebook posting too.
What are the best Facebook publishing tools?
The best Facebook publishing tools and automation tools are:
- Sprout Social
- Post Planner
- Fanpage Karma
How SocialPilot proves to be a great Facebook publishing and automation tool?
SocialPilot gives great power to your Facebook accounts. With SocialPilot, you can:
- Make your Facebook posts interactive with the publishing of native videos, carousel, and album posts
- Add geolocation to your posts
- Deeply analyze your Facebook account and get instant reports that can also be sent to clients via email
- Get more traffic to your website by adding CTAs’ to your posts
Why should you use Facebook posting tools?
It's easy to run targeted posts using Facebook posting tools. The section has many important features such as video management, lead generation, and product sales. But you should opt for third-party Facebook posting tools if you want to streamline, automate, and be more organized with your publishing.
Can you access publishing tools on Facebook Mobile?
Yes, you can access publishing tools on the Facebook mobile app. You can find, delete, and publish any posts as per your preference.
About the Author