Are you adamant about making your Instagram business account stand out? If yes, then keeping a close eye on those marketing metrics is a must.
While Instagram insights are good for ground-level metrics, to get a better grasp on your performance online, using any of the Instagram Analytics tools is the way to go.
With 30.94% of the world’s population using Instagram, the opportunity to get in front of your target audience is endless only if you know who to target. Thats why most businesses rely on Instagram tools to get advanced and detailed insights and improve their content creation journey.
Whenever analytics are mentioned, we come across terms such as engagement rate, content reach, follower demographics, and more of such jargon. But first, we need to understand Instagram analytics itself to grasp the usefulness of analytics tools.
What are Instagram Analytics?
Instagram analytics or insights are a set of statistics and data that includes essential metrics that provide insight into the performance of your content and overall profile on the platform. Consider it as a report card for your Instagram account.
Analyzing these metrics can provide valuable insights into your audience, helping you enhance your engagement and expand your reach. Some of the key metrics that Instagram analytics provide are impressions, reach, likes, comments, and follower growth.
These metrics can help you track your progress, identify areas for improvement, and make data-driven decisions to enhance your Instagram presence.
In this blog, we have taken the time and enlisted some of the best paid and free Instagram analytics tools. These will help you grasp your industry landscape, identify competitive advantages, and reflect those into your own strategies.
How We Analyze & Select These Instagram Analytics Tools:
This list of exceptional Instagram analytics tools has been formulated through in-depth research and experiential analysis. We have considered various aspects of the tool, such as insights provided, customizability, G2 ratings and reviews, price points, and scalability. The list ranking also reflects the evaluation of these tools’ competencies in automation, data visualization, and collaborative features. Our goal in curating this list is to enable marketers to choose tools that will help scale their business.
Without any further ado, let’s take a look at each of these tools.
Social Status is one of the most comprehensive free Instagram analytics tools for tracking all your posts and Instagram Stories in one place. You can group accounts and report on aggregate performance if you admin multiple Instagram accounts, similar to SocialPilot.
Social Status enables custom report templates for agencies that need to create multiple report templates for clients. Automated reports can be exported easily in multiple formats, including CSV, PDF, PowerPoint, and Google Slides.
Moreover, if you have been running influencer marketing campaigns, then this tool will present you with influencer analytics, showcasing the results with much clarity.
- Detailed Instagram metrics are available, including follower demographics.
- Social Status also supports Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- You can go for a free plan or opt for a free trial.
Quick to set up, easy to use, and a powerful Instagram analytics app for all our company social media accounts. We use it every week.
- It is not an all-in-one tool as it lacks scheduling and management features.
- Higher plans can be expensive.
It is a bit expensive but worth it. If you are looking for a white-label report feature, you have to subscribe to a quite expensive plan.
Sprout Social is a tool for Instagram analytics that lets you track performance data for multiple Instagram accounts. It presents users with segregated data on organic and paid marketing on Instagram for your businesses.
You even get a report on your frequently used and best-performing hashtags. Along with this you can also see the results of your tagged content, both inbound and outbound with Sprout Social.
As you continue to work on your hashtag strategy, Sprout Social can eventually develop a new social strategy or a campaign for your social profile.
- Users can track their competitors’ analytics better to set their marketing strategies on Instagram for the fututre.
- Sprout Social can generate network-specific reports of your performance to gauge your performance online.
I absolutely love this! It’s important to know how our customers are reacting and interacting with our posts, so the analytics part of our social media posts is really necessary.
- Sprout Social’s mobile application doesn’t include the analytics section.
- With all the features provided, it often gets too complex to get any benefit out of them.
- It is comparatively more expensive than the other tools for what it has to offer.
Verified Sprout Social user
Not being able to schedule Instagram accounts that aren’t business accounts without assigning the “publisher”. In addition, I wish I could schedule Instagram stories from Sprout. It can get expensive to be able to use more tools and have further access to capabilities. I dislike how expensive the program is.
Hypeauditor is one of the best Instagram analytics tools mainly for influencer marketing. It is powered by Artificial Intelligence and nearly indexed 3 million Instagram profiles. This in-depth analytics tool helps you find influencers on multiple social channels including Instagram.
You will be able to check the affinity of a particular influencer with your brand to form valuable and effective collaborations with them.
You can dive deep into influencer profiles to measure their engagement rates and how they perform compared to similar industry experts. You can track 28 different metrics including AQS (Audience quality score), and analyze an influencer`s real worth based on a scale of 1 to 100.
Other metrics include engagement rate, authentic engagement, follower reach, and more. This can be considered as an Instagram account analytics tool free of cost for starters.
- It comes with an intuitive dashboard design.
- Hypeauditor can monitor all aspects of your competitors’ Instagram influencer marketing campaigns.
- You can do influencer research, shortlisting, and media plan creation.
Intuitive interface, neat design, and great support. Hypeauditor is listening to our requirements and is ready to integrate the features we’ve been asking for. At the moment, the platform is fully covering our workflows in influencer marketing.
- No phone app is available.
- Searching by categories is limited.
- Offers no pdf report in the normal package.
Cannot get a pdf report of influencer for normal package, and searching by catergories is too limited. No phone app which makes us limit the use of the app as we are on the move a lot and having access to hype auditor by an app will have lots of users using it more efficeintly and sharing reports in pdf file in one go where its more convenient and easy rather than taking 3 or 4 screen shots.
Iconosquare is a single-window Instagram analytics tool that that allows you to monitor the people in and around your brand community, and track your Instagram Analytics. These analytics precisely show your content’s impressions, reach, and trends related to engagement.
This Instagram analytics app also includes hashtags and competitor tracking that keep marketers updated with social trends. It also comes with a 2-week trial complemented with free tools such as a full Instagram Audit.
- Its Instagram Story analytics feature is considered crucial by its users.
- Easy to use interface for all kinds of social media marketers.
- It lists quite a few demographic details of the content.
Eirik V J
I love the simplicity and the impressive underlying data set and all the great analytics that they share. I also enjoy the fact that I can dig into the data as deeply as I want.
- Users who want to post large photos have to resize them for Iconosquare.
- Multiple breakups of categories and content can end up making you confused.
- Email updates notification is received quite often, which hinders the user experience.
Some of the categorizations of features are a little confusing. The names of the categories are not necessarily user-friendly, but once you get the hang of it, it’s fine.
Squarelovin is one of the best free Instagram analytics tools. It gives metric details such as top posts, recent growth, and post-history in year, month, day, and hour categories.
One of the notable features of this Instagram analysis tool is that it tells you the best-performing times to post, which can be valuable to businesses who want to post content to get the best reach and engagement. This tool focuses on what drives your audience’s engagement and how you can optimize your performance to maximize your efforts.
- Squarelovin can track your growth over different time periods.
- The engagement tab provides a collage of your most-liked photos.
- It reflects the time frame when followers are most active.
Squarelovin is a cool tool done by a German company that takes analytics from Instagram and evaluates the return on individual images regarding revenue, traffic, conversions, and clicks.
- The monthly analysis offered doesn’t start right away and begins after a month.
- This tool, being new to the industry, is less explored by the users.
- As it’s free, there are limitations to using it as a complete Instagram analytics tool.
Verified Squarelovin User
I love that it’s free of cost, but there are so many limitations to using it, and it’s buggy sometimes.
Keyhole breaks the norm of past performance analysis with its power to analyze real-time data. It provides social media listening capabilities, above and beyond one’s own brand, providing a complete perception of the industry trends.
As an Instagram analytics tool, Keyhole also addresses which of your internal trends are providing value to the social community to work better. It also helps you create a feed to track your competitor’s Instagram accounts to see what’s working for them and vice-versa.
- Keyhole tracks web mentions to let you know what other people are talking about.
- It has built-in campaign performance predictions.
I like that I can track outside web mentions of what other people are saying about my company, as well as the ability to find influencers based on who is already talking about our company. But there are limitations on the number of hashtags you can use even when you pay the monthly fee.
- The paid version of this Instagram analytics app is quite different from the free trial version.
- If you miss out on putting trackers in place from the start, it can be difficult to set them up later.
If you don’t remember to put your trackers in place at the beginning of your campaign, then it can be a little challenging to get the analytics data prior to them being added.
Emplifi, previously known as Socialbaker is recognized for its free Instagram analytics reports with its Instagram Quadrant report tool. You can create personalized dashboards and view reach, impressions, top posts, most used hashtags, and tagged accounts.
The custom user interface of Emplifi is recommended for top-level insights and Instagram analysis. It also lets you connect profiles from different platforms like Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- It offers a free Instagram analytics tool to all users.
- The UI of customized dashboards is easy to navigate and simple to use.
It has a very clean user interface with easy-to-use data. It has a lot of additional features, like influencer database and search engine, also content search, which is good for the UGCs and advertisement analysis.
- While there are a lot of areas to look at, the time period is fairly restricted with the free version. You have to switch to the paid version.
- The analysis reports by Emplify aren’t massively in-depth and are expensive in comparison to the market.
I don’t like its price, I consider it a bit high. There are no video posts on Instagram through the use of this tool, it is a notable disadvantage for anyone who works on that platform.
Looking for a tool to measure, understand your ROI, and automate your reporting process, Crowdfire is a great option. It lets you take a closer watch on what’s happening on your Instagram profile.
You can dig deeper into each of your posts to check Instagram reach, track how each post performed and accordingly refine your marketing strategies. Getting all this data in a pdf and PPT format for reporting is another ability of Crowdfire.
- The tool automates your reporting process to generate presentable and comprehensive reports.
- Track who followed and unfollowed you.
- Apart from Instagram, you can also integrate it with other social media accounts.
Posting and scheduling are quite easy using crowdfire application. It is easy to track people who have followed/unfollowed, and it gives us relevant suggestions for people to follow. I like how it automatically creates a post whenever we post a product in our Shopify store. Crowdfire also supports all major social media networks.
- Hard to link accounts.
- The tool sometimes freezes and displays connection errors.
Despite using the app for years, the app consistently glitches and I have to refresh the pages multiple times after getting connection errors.
Sendible is an Instagram analysis tool that supports a range of social media networks apart from Instagram like Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter. The platform has integrated Google analytics to show users exactly what their social media marketing is contributing to their website traffic. Sendible lets you tailor each analytical report to reflect unique brands of different clients.
Sendible tracks vital Instagram analytics metrics such as reach, impression, likes, comments, demographics, and audience growth.
- Sendible has a customizable reporting feature, which comes in handy when managing multiple clients.
- You can use the best times to post given by Sendible’s analysis of follower activity trends to achieve greater reach.
I enjoy that I am able to view metrics from each website I am able to post on through Sendible, including Google analytics. It is also very easy to make a post and schedule it if you need to.
- The platform is clunky and difficult to grasp.
- Users complain of the platform’s slow loading and frequent crashes.
The Instagram post is automatically cropping it to square, and we have to go in and adjust to the original perspective. If I’m uploading the photo, I’ve got it sized how I want it. I am having issues with the mobile app (Sendible) for iOS on my iPad and iPhone. As soon as I log in, the app crashes. I’ve tried reinstalling, rebooting, hard reset, still the same issue.
Rival IQ is one of the Instagram analytics tools that provides real-time insights into a brand’s social media handle. This Instagram insights tool extracts valuable data for comprehensive reports, helps you make informed decisions to improve results, and better understand your competition.
Rival IQ’s cutting-edge technology makes it a reliable tool for Instagram analytics. With competitive social media surveillance and benchmarking, you can stay ahead of the competition on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Custom chart option with historical data representation is an unparalleled feature of Rival IQ.
- You can export reports in multiple formats.
The insights from Rival IQ inform a lot of how we plan and execute our social media strategy. To be able to see a snapshot of our competition across the league is invaluable as well.
- The basic plan is quite pricey. If you need more features and metrics, it becomes even more expensive.
- Support for other social media platforms is lacking.
Verified Rival IQ Reviewer
I found that the data that we wanted was sometimes not available through the software, and we either had to go into the platform directly, such as Facebook, to get it.
Key Instagram Metrics You Need to Know About
After going thorugh some of the best Instagram analytics tools, let’s familiarize you with some of the Instagram metrics natively found on the platform:
- Accounts reached: The number of unique accounts that have seen your content, at least once, including in ads. Content includes posts, stories, reels, videos and live videos. This metric is segregated into follower and non-follower accounts.
- Accounts engaged: The number of accounts that have interacted with your content, including in ads. Interactions can include actions such as likes, saves, comments, shares or replies.
- Post interactions: The number of likes, saves, comments and shares on your posts minus the number of unlikes, unsaves and deleted comments. You can see the interactions on all kinds of content separately including Posts, Story, Reels, live videos and videos.
- Profile activity: These insights measure the number of actions people take when they engage with your profile. These include profile visits, external link taps, business address taps, call email and text button taps.
- Follower growth rate: This gives an indication of the increase in the number of your followers in the selected time.
- Follower demographics: These are a group of metrics giving you an idea of the sections of audience who are among your followers. This includes categories like top locations, age range, and gender.
- Most active times: Average times your followers are on Instagram. This is further segregated into hours of a day and days in a week.
- Content Insights: This is the category of metrics which are available for each post, giving a snapshot of their reception by the audience. These include data regarding the reach, engagement and profile activity leading from this particular post.
- Plays: The number of times a Reel started playing after appearing on the screen.
- Watch time: The total amount of time the Reel was played by the audience.
- Average watch time: This is calculated by dividing the total watch time by the number of plays.
- Average percentage watched: This metric shows how much of your content was watched on average during every play.
Now for video content,
Which of the Top Instagram Analytics Tools Are You Going to Choose?
Instagram updates its platform regularly to bring new features to the table. In this scenario, you have to know whats working and what needs to be changed.
Keeping up with all the engagement metrics on your posts, the performance of your hashtags, and the trends in your Instagram audience is fundamental to your success on the platform.
Hence it is an imperative for all types of businesses to have Instagram analytics tools in their arsenal to keep track of their progress and see if their presence is threatened or thriving.
Your choice of Instagram analytics tools may vary depending on your industry. While some people combine free Instagram analytics tools with premium ones, using a multi-purpose tool like SocialPilot is highly recommended.
Wait no more and unlock the potential of controlling everything from one dashboard with a 14-day free trial.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any free Instagram analytics tools?
SocialPilot is among the free Instagram analytics tools. You can use SocialPilot to analyze your Instagram account with a free 14-day trial, no credit card required.
What are the best Instagram analytics tools?
Some of the best Instagram analytics tools are:
- Social Status
- Sprout Social
- Union Metrics
- Icono Square
- Rival IQ
Which Instagram analytics tool lets you post to Instagram directly?
SocialPilot is one such Instagram analytics tool that helps you to schedule and directly publish posts to Instagram. It also analyzes your Instagram campaigns thoroughly at an affordable price of $25.5/month.
How do I get Instagram analytics?
You can access analytics from the Insights tab in your Instagram business account. You can find out the number of accounts you reached and the content interaction you had in an interval. But if you are looking for deeper insights, opt for Instagram analytics tools like SocialPilot.
What do Instagram analytics tell you?
Instagram analytics reveals if your content strategy is actually working. You get to know what type of content goes down well with your audience and fetches you more website visits. You can dig in detailed demographics to find more about your followers. In short, Instagram analytics summarizes your performance on the platform.
Does Instagram analytics show who views your profile?
No, Instagram analytics doesn’t show who views your profile. It only shows the number of visits your profile got over a period for easy comparison. It is beneficial to gauge if your recently-launched ad campaign or a content experiment is bringing you more visibility or not.