Despite a billion users, getting engagement on Instagram is a far-fetched dream for many.
About 500 million users per day spend a significant amount of time on the platform, which implies that there’s still a mighty chance of scoring a good engagement.
It is also worth noting that Instagram’s engagement has been measured anywhere from 4-12 times that of other social channels. But to make the most of it, your business should solely focus on two things: content creation and content analysis.
These two go hand in hand, both impacting each other. Most Instagram tools take care of the analytics process, thereby giving insights on improving the content creation activity.
In this blog, we have listed some of the best paid and free Instagram analytics tools so you can focus on your areas of improvement and get back on your progress track real quick.
Best Instagram Analytics Tools for Marketers like You
- SocialPilot for analyzing Instagram business accounts with in-depth analytics reports
- Sprout Social for Instagram analytics, publishing features, and real-time monitoring
- Union Metrics for a detailed analysis report of Instagram and other channels
- Iconosquare for Instagram analysis related to engagement, impressions, post reach, and even how your Instagram stories perform
- Squarelovin for Instagram insights and progress analysis
- Keyhole for real-time hashtag tracking on Instagram with additional analytics data
- Socialbakers for viewing diversified Instagram analytics
- Trufan to track and categorize your Instagram followers
- Sendible for analyzing Instagram engagement
1. Instagram Analytics Tool – SocialPilot
Price: $50 for 3 users
Unlike other Instagram analytics tools, SocialPilot comes with multiple features on a single platform. It has the ability to connect all your Instagram business accounts and provide in-depth analysis for each one of them. You can directly post to Instagram with SocialPilot as well.
If you are a small business or an agency, you surely would want a tool like SocialPilot that is easy to learn. SocialPilot provides its users with rich features like social media analytics, social media calendar, content curation, bulk scheduling, etc.
With its in-depth analysis of social media platforms, SocialPilot is the one-stop solution for your social media management.
Why Select SocialPilot as your Instagram Analytics Tool?
- With SocialPilot, you can manage and analyze multiple Instagram business accounts in one place.
- It provides information such as likes, impressions, shares, profile views, website clicks, gender-wise reports, location-wise reports, engagements, etc.
- In-depth Instagram analytics reports are divided into three sections: Profile, Posts & Stories with smooth switching between three of them.
- View analytics, download PDF reports, and send emails to your clients right from your SocialPilot account.
- It offers a free 14-day trial before you make the final purchase.
SocialPilot gives detailed attention to each perspective of Instagram. From the most basic overviews to the in-depth analysis, SocialPilot provides you with every information you require to plan your ever-evolving Instagram content strategy.
What do people say about SocialPilot?
SocialPilot is very easy to use and user friendly. I can easily post creatives and videos over all the social media platforms, and I can get the analytics, respectively.
SocialPilot is undoubtedly one of the best tools to program social networks, being able to create my publications in almost all known social networks or share other things that I find through the complement of the toolbar. Its interface is very easy to use, automatically shortening all your links. Another element that I like very much is that I can obtain the statistics of each account, which is really fascinating since it helps me to project the needs that each client may have.
2. Instagram Analytics Tool – Sprout Social
Price: $99 per user per month
Sprout Social is an Instagram analytics tool that lets you schedule, publish, and track analytics for multiple Instagram accounts. It also simplifies your editing process by utilizing a centralized Asset Library to make all posts look like they are linked to each other.
You even get a report on your frequently used and best-performing hashtags. As you continue to work on your hashtag strategy, Sprout Social can eventually develop a new social strategy or a campaign for your social profile.
- They offer online webinars and conferences to pass on the knowledge of how to optimize their tools better.
- Sprout Social lets the user schedule the Instagram posts in an easy-to-understand way.
I absolutely love this! It’s important to know how our customers are reacting and interacting with our posts, so the analytics part of our social media posts is really necessary.
- Sprout Social’s mobile application doesn’t include the analytics section.
- With all the features provided, it often gets time-consuming to explore all of them.
- It is comparatively more expensive than the other tools for what it has to offer.
Verified Sprout Social user
Not being able to schedule Instagram accounts that aren’t business accounts without assigning the “publisher”. In addition, I wish I could schedule Instagram stories from Sprout. It can get expensive to be able to use more tools and have further access to capabilities. I dislike how expensive the program is.
3. Instagram Analytics Tool – Union Metrics
Price: $99 /month for 3 profiles
Union Metrics is one of the best Instagram analytics tools that guides brands to track their social engagement. It offers a full suite of analysis information, i.e. reach, impressions, story’s performance, etc. Union Metric’s Instagram tools also overwhelm the user by providing information on what type of content your audience liked the most, even tips on optimising that content better.
Aside from this, you can also take advantage of the platform’s free Instagram Account Checkup Tool. This provides detailed reports consisting of your top hashtag, follower analysis, and average post engagement. Union metrics can’t give you analytics for more than 30 days, so it’s beneficial to look at short-term strategies that can work well for your social media business.
- Union Metrics offers a free Instagram account checkup tool.
- This Instagram analytics tool is famous for its ‘hashtag tracker’ as it monitors and showcases the most popular hashtags in your user base.
Verified Union Metrics User
Union Metrics is a great tool for understanding how followers interact with your content and how to better engage them.
- Increased loading time experienced by past users.
- This Instagram analytics tool will be hard on your pocket if you are looking to manage multiple accounts.
Exporting data is an issue, and it’s very difficult to understand the navigation of menus. Not very user friendly and lacks other social network connections.
4. Instagram Analytics Tool – Iconosquare
Price: $59 /month for 2 users
Iconosquare is a single-window Instagram analytics tool that allows you to schedule new posts, monitor the people in and around your brand community, and track your Instagram Analytics. These analytics precisely show your content’s impressions, reach, and trends related to engagement.
The analytics tool for Instagram also includes hashtags and competitor tracking that keep marketers updated with the social trends. It also comes with a 2-week trial complemented with free tools such as a full Instagram Audit.
- Its Instagram story analytics feature is considered crucial by its users.
- Easy to use interface for all kinds of social media marketers.
- It lists quite a few demographic details of the content.
Eirik V J
I love the simplicity and the impressive underlying data set, and all the great analytics that they share. I also enjoy the fact that I can dig into the data as deep as I want.
- Users who want to post large photos have to resize them for Iconosquare.
- Multiple breakups of categories and content can end up making you confused.
- Email updates notification is received quite often, which hinders the user experience.
Some of the categorizations of features are a little confusing. The names of the categories are not necessarily user-friendly, but once you get the hang of it, it’s fine.
5. Free Instagram Analytics Tool – Squarelovin
Price: Free of cost
Squarelovin is one of the best free Instagram analytics tools. It gives out metric details such as top posts, recent growth, and post-history in categories of year, month, day, and hour.
One of the notable features of this Instagram analytics tool is that it tells you the best-performing times to post, which can be valuable to businesses that often share content. This tool focuses on what drives your audience’s engagement and how you can optimize your performance to maximize your efforts.
- Squarelovin can track your growth over different time periods.
- The engagement tab provides a collage of your most-liked photos.
- It reflects the time frame when followers are most active.
Squarelovin is a cool tool done by a German company that takes analytics from Instagram and evaluates the return on individual images regarding revenue, traffic, conversions, and clicks.
- The monthly analysis offered doesn’t start right away and begins after a month.
- This tool, being new to the industry, is less explored by the users.
- As it’s free, there are limitations to using it as a complete Instagram analytics tool.
Verified Squarelovin User
I love that it’s free of cost, but there are so many limitations to using it, and it’s buggy sometimes.
6. Instagram Analytics Tool – Keyhole
Price: $99 /month for 5 Profiles
Keyhole breaks the norm of past performance analysis with its power of analyzing real-time data. It provides real-time hashtag tracking, which is often useful for specific campaigns, contests, and much more.
As an Instagram analytics tool, Keyhole also addresses which of your internal trends are providing value to the social community to work better on the same. It also helps you create a feed to track your competitor’s Instagram accounts to see what’s working for them and vice-versa.
- Keyhole tracks web mentions to let you know what other people are talking about.
- It has built-in campaign performance predictions.
I like that I can track outside web mentions of what other people are saying about my company, as well as the ability to find influencers based on who is already talking about our company. But there are limitations on the number of hashtags you can use even when you pay the monthly fee.
- The paid version of the tool is quite different from the free trial version.
- If you miss out on putting trackers in place from the start, it can be difficult to set them up later.
If you don’t remember to put your trackers in place at the beginning of your campaign, then it can be a little challenging to get the analytics data prior to them being added.
7. Instagram Analytics Tool – Socialbakers
Price: $20/month per profile
Socialbakers is known for free Instagram analytics reports with its Instagram Quadrant report tool. You can create personalized dashboards and view reach, impressions, top posts, most used hashtags, and tagged accounts.
The custom user interface of Socialbakers is recommended for top-level insights and analysis. It also lets you connect profiles from different platforms like Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- It offers a free Instagram analytics tool to all users.
- The UI of customized dashboards is easy to navigate and simple to use.
It has a very clean user interface with easy-to-use data. It has a lot of additional features, like influencer database and search engine, also content search, which is good for the UGCs and advertisement analysis.
- While there are a lot of areas to look at, the time period is fairly restricted with the free version. You have to switch to the paid version.
- The analysis reports by Socialbakers aren’t massively in-depth and are expensive in comparison to the market.
I don’t like its price, I consider it a bit high. There are no video posts on Instagram through the use of this tool, it is a notable disadvantage for anyone who works on that platform.
8. Instagram Analytics Tool – Trufan
Price: $199 per month for 3 users
Trufan allows you to track, sort, and categorize your followers on Instagram. You can also find Instagram followers based on bio keywords, or hashtags used. Moreover, it helps you figure out your most loyal followers and those who are notable influencers with verified profiles on Instagram.
- It is an easy-to-use tool for beginners.
- It has effective reporting capabilities.
I love that this is free, simple, and easy to use. It’s visually stimulating because it ranks everything with large avatars as well as the profile name. There is a way to export all the data as well so it’s great to give it my boss to show her where we stand and who is influential in the market.
- Users encounter glitches while linking accounts.
- Insights don’t give in-depth information.
Glitches with using one email account for different accounts I manage seem to occur. I am a small social media agency + consulting business.
And with this, we end our list.
9. Instagram Analytics Tool – Sendible
Price: $89 per month
Sendible is an analytics platform that supports a range of social media networks like Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter. You can also connect Sendible to various blogging sites like Medium and WordPress. Sendible lets you onboard your clients and teammates for streamlined collaboration.
Sendible tracks vital Instagram analytics metrics such as reach, impression, likes, comments, demographics, and audience growth. It also gives you insights from Google analytics for apt estimation on your online performance.
- Sendible has a customizable reporting feature, which comes in handy when managing multiple clients.
- You can curate content for specific topics and gather influencer information.
I enjoy that I am able to view metrics from each website I am able to post on through Sendible, including Google analytics. It is also very easy to make a post and schedule it if you need to.
- The platform is clunky and difficult to grasp.
- Users complain of the platform’s slow loading and frequent crashes.
The Instagram post is automatically cropping it to square, and we have to go in and adjust to the original perspective. If I’m uploading the photo, I’ve got it sized how I want it. I am having issues with the mobile app (Sendible) for iOS on my iPad and iPhone. As soon as I log in, the app crashes. I’ve tried reinstalling, rebooting, hard reset, still the same issue.
Which of the top Instagram Analytics Tools are you going to choose?
Instagram is tweaking its platform frequently to release newer features. So you need an Instagram analytics tool to keep a tab on your performance to check if your presence is threatened or elevated.
The above-mentioned powerful analytics tools will take care of the tracking while you indulge in brainstorming brand new content ideas to woo your followers.
Depending on your business, your choice of Instagram analytics tools might differ. While some use a combination of free Instagram analytics tools with a paid software, it’s highly recommended to use a multi-purpose tool like SocialPilot.
Unlock the power of managing everything from one dashboard with a 14-day free trial and simplify your social media endeavors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Squarelovin is a free Instagram analytics tool. Besides that, you can also use SocialPilot to analyze your Instagram account with a free 14-day trial, no credit card required.
Some of the best Instagram analytics tools are:
- Sprout Social
- Union Metrics
- Icono Square
SocialPilot is one such Instagram analytics tool that helps you to schedule and directly publish posts to Instagram. It also analyzes your Instagram campaigns thoroughly at an affordable price of $25.5/month.
You can access analytics from the Insights tab in your Instagram business account. You can find out the number of accounts you reached and the content interaction you had in an interval. But if you are looking for deeper insights, opt for Instagram analytics tools like SocialPilot.
Instagram analytics reveals if your content strategy is actually working. You get to know what type of content goes down well with your audience and fetches you more website visits. You can dig in detailed demographics to find more about your followers. In short, Instagram analytics summarizes your performance on the platform.
No, Instagram analytics doesn’t show who views your profile. It only shows the number of visits your profile got over a period for easy comparison. It is beneficial to gauge if your recently-launched ad campaign or a content experiment is bringing you more visibility or not.