Engagement on Instagram is like syrup on a pancake, cannot be as good without each other.
Perhaps, social media is born out of engagement, and businesses of all scales are trying to be ahead in this game. With over one billion users per month and 500 million users per day, Instagram is known for rapidly increasing your marketing outcomes in recent times.
Instagram’s engagement has been measured anywhere from four to twelve times that of other social channels. To make the most of it, your business will have to focus on two things: content creation and content analysis. Both these things go hand in hand but talking about the later one, analysis helps in constantly improving the content creation process which is best done with Instagram tools available in the market.
This platform has had drastic changes in a short period of time whereas there are tools available in the market to keep you right at it. There are plenty of Instagram analytics tools that can focus on your areas of improvement as well as progress and if necessary, you can go with a combination of paid and free Instagram analytics tools from the ones mentioned below.
Best Instagram Analytics Tools For Marketers Like You
- SocialPilot for analyzing all your connected Instagram business accounts and providing you with in-depth analytics-reports.
- Sprout Social for Instagram analytics and publishing features, as well as supporting engagement through real-time monitoring.
- Union Metrics for a detailed analysis report of Instagram as well as for multiple channels.
- Iconosquare for Instagram analysis related to engagement, impressions, post reach, and even how your Instagram stories are performing.
- Squarelovin for Instagram insights and for most of the information you'd need to conduct an analysis of your progress.
- Keyhole for real-time hashtag tracking on Instagram with a list of additional analytics data such as the top posts containing your hashtag and much more.
- Socialbakers for not only viewing Instagram analytics such as reach, impressions but also top posts, most used hashtags, and tagged accounts.
- SocialRank to track and categorize your Instagram followers.
- Directly publish to your Instagram business accounts
- Check follower insights
- Audience demographics
- Analyze online activity of your followers of when they are active the most
- Downloadable PDF reports
- $30/month and 24x7 support
Instagram Analytics Tool - SocialPilot
Price: $50 for 3+ users
Unlike the other Instagram analytics tools, SocialPilot comes with multiple features at a single platform. It holds the ability to connect all your Instagram business accounts and provide in-depth analysis for each one of them. You can directly post to Instagram with SocialPilot. SocialPilot signifies the importance of ‘social’ in social media and assures you an in-depth understanding of your Instagram audience. This kind of analysis helps businesses take better and updated social media decisions.
If you are a small business or an agency, you might want to go for tools that are uncomplicated to use. Well, you have stopped scrolling at the right place as SocialPilot provides its users with features such as social media analytics, social media calendar, content curation, bulk scheduling, etc.
With its in-depth analysis of social media platforms, SocialPilot is also known as a one-stop solution for your social media management.
Why Select SocialPilot As Your Instagram Analytics Tool:
- With SocialPilot, you can manage and analyze multiple Instagram business accounts in one place.
- It provides information such as likes, impressions, shares, profile views, website clicks, gender-wise reports, location-wise reports, engagements, etc.
In-depth Instagram analytics reports are divided into three sections: Profile, Posts & Stories with smooth switching between three of them.
- You can view the analytics, download as a PDF, and email the Instagram analytics report to your clients right from your SocialPilot account.
- It comes with a free 14-day trial for businesses to try it out thoroughly before selling out for subscriptions.
SocialPilot gives detailed attention to each area of Instagram interaction to further help the business come up with targeted content. From the most basic overviews to the detailed knee-deep analysis, SocialPilot provides you every information you require to plan your Instagram content strategy ahead.
What SocialPilot Users Say:
SocialPilot is very easy to use and user friendly. I can easily post creatives and videos over all the social media platforms and I can get the analytics respectively.
SocialPilot is undoubtedly one of the best tools to program social networks, being able to create my publications in almost all known social networks or share other things that I find through the complement of the toolbar. Its interface is very easy to use, automatically shortening all your links. Another element that I like very much is that I can obtain the statistics of each account, which is really fascinating since it helps me to project the needs that each client may have.
Instagram Analytics Tool - Sprout Social
Price: $99 per user per month
Sprout Social is an Instagram analytics tool that lets you schedule, publish, and track analytics for multiple Instagram accounts. It also simplifies your editing process by utilizing a centralized Asset Library to make all posts look like they are linked to each other i.e. with your brand.
It also comes with features of measuring frequently used hashtags and delivering reports on which hashtags worked out best for you. As you continue to work on your hashtag strategy, it can eventually come out as a new social strategy or a campaign for your social profile.
- They offer online webinars, and conferences to pass on the knowledge of how to better optimize their tools.
- Sprout Social lets the user schedule the Instagram posts in an easy-to-understand way.
I absolutely love this! It's important to know how our customers are reacting and interacting with our posts, so the analytics part of our social media posts is really necessary.
- Sprout Social’s mobile application version doesn’t include the analytics section in it.
- With all the features provided, it often gets time-consuming to explore all of them.
- It is comparatively more expensive than the other tools for what it has to offer.
Verified Sprout Social user
Not being able to schedule to Instagram accounts that aren't business accounts without assigning the "publisher". In addition, I wish I could schedule Instagram stories from Sprout. It can get expensive to be able to use more tools and have further access to capabilities. I dislike how expensive the program is.
Instagram Analytics Tool - Union Metrics
Price: $49 /month for 3 profiles
Union Metrics is strong and one of the best Instagram analytics tools that guide brands to track their social engagement. It offers a full suite of analysis information i.e. reach, impressions, story’s performance, etc. Union Metric’s Instagram tools also overwhelm the user by providing the information on what type of content your audience liked the most, even tips on how to better optimize that content.
Aside from this, you can also take advantage of the platform’s free Instagram Account Checkup Tool. This provides detailed reports consisting of your top hashtag, follower analysis, and average post engagement. Union metrics can’t give you analytics for more than 30 days, so it's beneficial to look at short-term strategies that can work well for your social media business.
- Union Metrics offers a free Instagram account checkup tool.
- This Instagram analytics tool is certainly known as a ‘hashtag tracker’ as it monitors and showcases the hashtags most popular within your user base.
Verified Union Metrics User
Union Metrics is a great tool for understanding how followers interact with your content and how to better engage them.
- Increased loading time experienced by past users.
- This Instagram analytics tool will be hard on your pocket if you are looking forward to managing multiple accounts.
Exporting data is an issue and it’s very difficult to understand the navigation of menus. Not very user friendly and lacks other social network connections.
Instagram Analytics Tool - Iconosquare
Price: $187 /month for 3 users
Iconosquare is a single-window Instagram analytics tool that allows you to schedule new posts, monitor the people in and around your brand community, and track your Instagram Analytics. These analytics precisely show your content’s impressions, reach, and trends related to engagement.
This analytics tool for Instagram also includes hashtag and competitor tracking that keeps the marketers up to date with the social situation. It also comes with a two-week trial complemented with free tools such as a full Instagram Audit.
- It’s Instagram story analytics feature is considered crucial by its users.
- Easy to use interface for all kinds of social media marketers.
- It splits quite a few details of the content i.e. demographic details, locations, etc.
Eirik V J
I love the simplicity and the impressive underlying data set and all the great analytics that they share. I also enjoy the fact that I can dig into the data as deep as I want.
- Users who want to post large photos have to resize them for Iconosquare.
- Multiple breakups of categories and content can end up making you confused.
- Email updates notification is received quite often which hinders the user experience.
Some of the categorizations of features are a little confusing. The names of the categories are not necessarily user-friendly, but once you get the hang of it, it's fine.
Free Instagram Analytics Tool - Squarelovin
Price:Free of cost
Squarelovin is one of the best free Instagram analytics tools. It gives out metric details such as top posts, recent growth, and post-history in categories of year, month, day, and hour.
One of the notable features of this Instagram analytics tool is that it tells you best-performing times to post which can be valuable to businesses that are posting all the time. To help you maximize your efforts, this tool focuses on what drives your audience’s engagement and how you can optimize your performance.
- Squarelovin can track your growth over different time periods.
- The engagement tab provides a collage of your most-liked photos.
- It reflects on the time frame when followers are most active.
Squarelovin is a cool tool done by a German company that takes analytics from Instagram and evaluates the return on individual images, regarding revenue, traffic, conversions, and clicks.
- The monthly analysis offered doesn’t start right away and begins after a month.
- This tool, being new to the industry, is less explored by the users.
- As it’s free, there are limitations to using it as a complete Instagram analytics tool.
Verified Squarelovin User
I love that it’s free of cost but there are so many limitations to using it and its buggy sometimes.
Instagram Analytics Tool - Keyhole
Price: $59 /month for 3 Profiles
As past performance analytics is offered by so many other Instagram analytics tools, Keyhole breaks the norm with its power of analyzing real-time data. It provides real-time hashtag tracking which is often useful for specific campaigns, contests, and much more.
Keyhole as an Instagram analytics tool also addresses which of your own internal trends are providing value to the social community so that you can work better on the same. It also helps you create a feed to track your competitor’s Instagram accounts to see what’s working for them and vice versa.
- Keyhole tracks web mentions to let you know what other people are talking about.
- It has built-in campaign performance predictions.
I like that I can track outside web mentions of what other people are saying about my company, as well as the ability to find influencers based on who is already talking about our company. But there are limitations on the number of hashtags you can use even when you pay the monthly fee
- The paid version of the tool is quite different from the free trial version.
- If you miss out on putting trackers in place from the start, it can be difficult to set them up later.
If you don't remember to put your trackers in place at the beginning of your campaign then it can be a little challenging to get the analytics data prior to them beginning added.
Instagram Analytics Tool - Socialbakers
Price: $20/month per profile
Socialbakers is known for baking the Instagram analytics reports for free with its free of cost Instagram Quadrant report tool. You can create your own dashboards and not only view reach, impressions but also top posts, most used hashtags, and tagged accounts.
The custom user interface of Socialbakers is recommended for top-level insights and analysis. It also lets you connect profiles from different platforms like Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- It offers a free Instagram analytics tool to all users.
- The UI of custom made dashboards is easy to navigate and simple to use.
It has a very clean user interface with a lot of easy to use and understand data. It has a lot of additional features, like influencer database and search engine, also content search, which is good for the UGCs and advertisement analysis.
- While there are a lot of areas to look at, the time period is fairly restricted with the free version. You have to switch to the paid version.
- The analysis reports by Socialbakers aren’t massively in-depth and are expensive in comparison to the market.
I don't like its price, I consider it a bit high. There are no video posts on Instagram through the use of this tool, it is a notable disadvantage for anyone who works on that platform.
Instagram Analytics Tool - SocialRank
Price: $24 per month
SocialRank allows you to track, sort and categorize your followers on Instagram. You can also find Instagram followers based on bio keywords, hashtags used. Moreover, it helps you figure out - Followers who have more influence on Instagram, followers that engage with your brand the most and verified Instagram profiles that follow your brand.
- Easy to use tool for beginners as well.
- Effective report making.
I love that this is free, simple, and easy to use. It's visually stimulating because it ranks everything with large avatars as well as the profile name. There is a way to export all the data as well so it's great to give to my boss to show her where we stand and who is influential in the market.
- Glitches experienced while linking accounts.
- Insights doesn’t give in-depth information.
Glitches with using one email account for different accounts I manage seem to occur. I am a small social media agency + consulting business.
And with this, we end our list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Squarelovin is a free Instagram analytics tool. Besides that you can also use SocialPilot to analyze your Instagram account with a free 14-day trial, no credit card required.
2. Sprout Social
3. Union Metrics
4. Icono Square
SocialPilot is one such Instagram analytics tool that helps you to, not only directly schedule and publish posts to Instagram but also analyze your Instagram campaigns thoroughly at the the most affordable price - $25/month.
Ready to give a shot to the top Instagram analytics tools of 2021?
Social media is fairly a give and take relationship between the brand and its potential customers. First, you need to figure out what your customers need and then make sure to provide it to them throughout their customer journey.
The following Instagram analytics tools can be made the most of by businesses that are consistently working on their Instagram content. Well, depending on the business, your choice of Instagram analytics tools might differ. A single paid tool can work for some businesses while a combination of free Instagram analytics tools and a paid one can do the work for the others.
It will be great to hear from you. Let us know which tools worked out best for you from the above and which didn’t.